darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Easter Skylanders on March 2nd (USA)
First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3
Easter Skylanders on March 2nd (USA) [CLOSED]
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#101 Posted: 16:53:43 05/03/2015
Not so far, still just the standard "Well, they were set for release 3/1 but we still haven't gotten anything in and don't know when shipments will arrive." (sigh)

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
skylanderkids Yellow Sparx Gems: 1999
#102 Posted: 17:36:20 05/03/2015
The Tru's I've called all say the 20th is the day for Crayola Starter packs and Easter skylanders.
---
youtube.com/theskylanderboy
facebook.com/skylanderkids
#103 Posted: 19:07:38 05/03/2015
Quote: skylanderkids
The Tru's I've called all say the 20th is the day for Crayola Starter packs and Easter skylanders.

Did any of them, by chance, say that they had them on-hand and were having to wait, or is this likely another case of "We pray we're getting them on this date?"

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#104 Posted: 19:32:47 05/03/2015
Quote: darkchylde28

Did any of them, by chance, say that they had them on-hand and were having to wait, or is this likely another case of "We pray we're getting them on this date?"

-Doug

Except for the legendary and nitro, we're getting close to 3 months of no new stuff, and no clarification on what happened to the expansion packs. Maybe it is time to move on and they're canning the game.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Chaotic Lunacy Green Sparx Gems: 476
#105 Posted: 21:05:22 05/03/2015

Crayola starter packs release on the 20th. (my store has received some of them already)

The Easter skylanders can go out as soon as the stores receive them. (stores have not received any that i know of so far)
stvanme Yellow Sparx Gems: 1570
#106 Posted: 14:52:08 07/03/2015
From the Pacific Maritime Association web site:

"Wages
ILWU workers receive a compensation package that is among the most lucrative among all blue-collar workers in the United States. Full-time workers earn an average of $147,000 annually in wages, along with a non-wage benefits package costing more than $82,000 per active worker per year.

Health Benefits
The ILWU benefits package includes fully paid health care for workers, retirees and their families with no premiums, no in-network deductibles and 100 percent coverage of basic hospital, medical and surgical benefits. Prescription drugs are covered for $1 per prescription; dental and vision care are provided to workers, retirees and their families at little or no cost.

Pensions
Workers are also eligible for a pension that has seen major upgrades in recent years, with a current maximum benefit of nearly $80,000 per year. Workers have access to a 401(k) savings plan with an employer contribution, as well as 13 paid holidays each year and up to six weeks of paid vacation."

All to load and unload shipping containers to and from ships.
Enough said.
#107 Posted: 16:29:23 07/03/2015
But, you do know the cost of living in California is off the charts...that's like minimum wage. Those evil corporations have to pay.

Dunno, At Will Employment works for me. Providing competitive salary/benefits makes me stay, me being a lazy worker makes me unemployed. Sounds like a good measure/countermeasure to me. Unions absolutely helped elevate conditions of workers in the beginning when they were needed, but their intent in modern times seems more dubious to me. I'm sure I'm just being cynical.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0808/12292.html

Back to cool skylanders.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 16:36:35 07/03/2015 by GhostRoaster
trixster68 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#108 Posted: 18:17:10 07/03/2015
OK everyone just start a new forum called what do you pay and can you do your job! I am sick of all this crap! I come here to find out updates for skylanders and it does not help me to read all about this stuff! We all know who is on strike by now! It won't help us find toys. The forum here is about skylanders.
---
Havesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie37
Skylanders fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3952
#109 Posted: 19:14:23 07/03/2015
Quote: trixster68
OK everyone just start a new forum called what do you pay and can you do your job! I am sick of all this crap! I come here to find out updates for skylanders and it does not help me to read all about this stuff! We all know who is on strike by now! It won't help us find toys. The forum here is about skylanders.

this is a fourm so people will talk about diffrent things and yelling at people wont help anything. Also is ypur post helping others find new skylanders so your point is now invaled we all want new skyalnders but there is no news yet so just calm down
---
Yep still around just not posting much anymore
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#110 Posted: 19:35:14 07/03/2015
Exactly, Skylanders Fan.
Trixster68, what's going on now with the port strikes could not only affect Skylanders, but all games as well as other consumer products and food imported from other countries, as well as exports. This affects our economy big time.
So, I will say this politely, put up or shut up.
We're all in the same boat, so there's no need to get angry about it. There's not a thing you can do about it.
So , as Tuff Luck would say, "Deal wit it."
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
#111 Posted: 23:40:40 07/03/2015
"Deal with it." Indeed. The lack of product flow is frustrating.
---
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#112 Posted: 00:01:04 08/03/2015
Not going to start this up again except for this stupid comment:

Quote: stvanme
All to load and unload shipping containers to and from ships.
Enough said.

Load and unload you say? One of the most dangerous jobs out there with a significant injury rate. It's not like carrying the groceries in from the car.

And yes, evil corporations. They love "right to work". Otherwise known as cut benefits then lay off anyone that dares complain and tell the rest they are just lucky to have a job. When will this country realize that making the rich people richer isn't going to improve the economy and we aren't all "temporarily inconvenienced millionaires"? A day doesn't go by when they don't lobby to get rid of all those things unions got for us.

What exactly is to stop a company from making you unemployed for demanding competitive salary and benefits then shipping your job overseas? Because that happens quite a bit in our "right to work" state. I know it is nice and neat to think the unemployed are all lazy, but the reality isn't even close to that. What, so you aren't willing to work for the going rate of a developer in Bangalore? You can't make furniture or textiles as cheap as a factory in China? Your teacher salary is 47th in the nation? Too bad no one has your back. Exactly like they like it.
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#113 Posted: 14:09:28 08/03/2015
You're speaking in generalizations not this specific case. I honestly have no idea what a fair wage is in this case, and even if I did, I don't really think it would be my place to make a judgement one way or the other. The idea that all corporations are evil, and motivated by greed, etc is wrong and oversimplifying the issues. I don't think employers should exploit their employees, like walmart (and I avoid the store because of that), nor do I think employers should be running charities. Most layoffs are due to market conditions, not due to corporate greed.

And teachers don't work for corporations, they work for the greedy tax payers.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#114 Posted: 17:16:37 08/03/2015
Corporations are motivated by profit, and profit alone. And the few that are not (Costco, for example) are under constant assault from Wall St. to cut back on benefits and pay in order to buff up share price. Most layoffs are due to demands from Wall St., no longer is sustainable, economically sound growth acceptable - they are expected to burn the candle at both ends to buff up short term profits. Yes, it is greed.

Our economy is built upon the circulation of wealth, not the accumulation of it. It's like a Jenga tower, when too much of it is focused at the top, the whole thing becomes unstable.

You are right about the teachers, and the politicians we elect keep taking funding away from them to fund tax cuts and we keep wondering why we are falling behind.
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#115 Posted: 17:59:33 08/03/2015
Yes, profit is the motive, that's pretty much the definition. I disagree about layoffs. Some, sure, but far from all. Companies can not employee workers when there is no work to be done. Sustainable growth is nice, but not reality for a lot of industries when the market goes down.

And absolutely, macro economics and micro economics are too very different things and often oppose one another. We do have a problem with wealth distribution. I imagine we have some similar ideas on how that could get resolved. I just don't think pointing fingers at greedy corporations is very useful.

I mentioned teachers because you lumped them in with corporate employees. To me, that's an entirely different issue.
OnionCakes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1810
#116 Posted: 18:32:56 10/03/2015
Quote: GhostRoaster
But, you do know the cost of living in California is off the charts...that's like minimum wage. Those evil corporations have to pay.

Dunno, At Will Employment works for me. Providing competitive salary/benefits makes me stay, me being a lazy worker makes me unemployed. Sounds like a good measure/countermeasure to me. Unions absolutely helped elevate conditions of workers in the beginning when they were needed, but their intent in modern times seems more dubious to me. I'm sure I'm just being cynical.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0808/12292.html

Back to cool skylanders.

That's NOT like minimum wage. Minimum wage is roughly 9 dollars here in California.

Minimum wage at 9$ is $18,000 working a FULL 40 hour week.

Nearly 150k a YEAR with BENEFITS =/= MINIMUM WAGE.

That's roughly 72$ AN HOUR.
---
Check out my boyfriends Skylander ARTWORK
http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=108425
http://jacob-a-sweet.tumblr.com/
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#117 Posted: 18:38:53 10/03/2015
Alright, guys, enough. As this conversation is barely related to Skylanders, I'm asking that you stop this discussion. It's getting out of hand.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#118 Posted: 18:53:32 10/03/2015
OnionCakes: Thinly disguised sarcasm. I'll try harder.

Matteomax: Agreed. Back to somewhat cool but unavailable skylanders. smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:54:34 10/03/2015 by GhostRoaster
Taronyx Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#119 Posted: 19:11:33 10/03/2015
Can we just close this thread? It hasn't been on topic for several posts now and I keep checking for updates.
---
I don't want the world, I just want your half
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#120 Posted: 19:11:43 10/03/2015
So are the Easter 'landers still set to release this weekend at Gamestop?
#121 Posted: 19:22:56 10/03/2015
Quote: TrapShadowFan

I think we are about two weeks out, but definitely wouldn't hurt to call/ask this weekend.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:48:26 11/03/2015 by GhostRoaster
#122 Posted: 20:28:27 10/03/2015
Quote: TrapShadowFan

I think we are about two weeks out, but definitely would hurt to call/ask this weekend.

If anyone is wanting to preorder this and forget about it, I would encourage you to go to your local GameStop ASAP and have them do a "Store to Home" order (since their systems won't actually let you preorder the Easter items to pick up in store). You'll have to pay for the entire order up front, but it will ship them to your house with free shipping, ensuring that you're only paying for the figures and tax while still avoiding the shipping & handling charge that would crop up if you went through GameStop.com. Even if GameStop doesn't get these shipped as per their promised schedule, their system will probably cut off any ability to preorder them a day or two prior to the original ship date, so if you want to order them and not have to worry, it would be best to get on it sooner rather than later.

-Doug
---
#123 Posted: 22:16:58 10/03/2015
Does that mean the store has to ship it to my address or is this done at corporate? Those ugly stickers...
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:17:13 10/03/2015 by GhostRoaster
#124 Posted: 02:04:50 11/03/2015
Does that mean the store has to ship it to my address or is this done at corporate? Those ugly stickers...

The only thing the store does is place the order and collect the money. Otherwise, it's just like placing the order on GameStop's website, minus the shipping fees. I'd have preferred to preorder in store, but the guy at my GameStop showed me his system. It would pull up all of the Easter items but wouldn't give an option for preorder.

-Doug
---
#125 Posted: 04:47:38 11/03/2015
Meaning corporate will ship my items? If so, this sounds like the route I want to go.
---
dinoah2005 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3472
#126 Posted: 05:28:42 11/03/2015
Quote: darkchylde28

The only thing the store does is place the order and collect the money. Otherwise, it's just like placing the order on GameStop's website, minus the shipping fees. I'd have preferred to preorder in store, but the guy at my GameStop showed me his system. It would pull up all of the Easter items but wouldn't give an option for preorder.

-Doug

Meaning corporate will ship my items? If so, this sounds like the route I want to go.

I have done this with the last 2 Elite releases and it came with no sticker to worry about.
OnionCakes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1810
#127 Posted: 20:06:12 12/03/2015
OnionCakes: Thinly disguised sarcasm. I'll try harder.

Matteomax: Agreed. Back to somewhat cool but unavailable skylanders. smilie

Ah. I apologize then.
---
Check out my boyfriends Skylander ARTWORK
http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=108425
http://jacob-a-sweet.tumblr.com/
First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me