darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Easter Skylanders on March 2nd (USA)
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3
Easter Skylanders on March 2nd (USA) [CLOSED]
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#51 Posted: 21:39:46 28/02/2015
Quote: Insane01
I am impressed how Short Cut & Thunderbolt look, but are they cool to play with? By looking at Thunderbolt's paths, I am looking towards the "I of the Storm" path. Short Cut, however, I am not sure of.
And, no, I don't have them. Going by the strategy guide.

Now, THAT's a clever path name. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#52 Posted: 22:10:37 28/02/2015
Quote: Insane01
I am impressed how Short Cut & Thunderbolt look, but are they cool to play with? By looking at Thunderbolt's paths, I am looking towards the "I of the Storm" path. Short Cut, however, I am not sure of.
And, no, I don't have them. Going by the strategy guide.

My sentiments exactly. While smilie's Puppet Master path seems fun, the Scary Seamster will make both his scissor and needle attacks more useful and more versatile. I really wanna see a path guide on him just to know for sure which is better.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#53 Posted: 01:09:11 01/03/2015
That is why I buy the strategy guides for Skylanders. Not so much for the game, but for the paths.
"I of the Storm" relies more of his lightning attacks. The other path is for his sword & that's basically multi-button combos.
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
griswoldthunder Gold Sparx Gems: 2953
#54 Posted: 12:19:41 01/03/2015
Funny how the majority of the posts in this thread have nothing to do with the Easter editions. Has there been any news? One would think that members who work at Toys R Us would confirm that these will be in stock tomorrow, if it were really going to happen. Monday seems like such a strange day.
pezskylander Gold Sparx Gems: 2496
#55 Posted: 16:46:18 01/03/2015
I went to Toys R Us this morning and no one knew anything about a release tomorrow. They also said they did not have any new stock out back. It seems that if they don't even have new stuff in store even out back, tomorrow might not be the day.
#56 Posted: 17:22:08 01/03/2015
Pezskylander,
Let give you some help in that situation.
From another site, I got the TRU item numbers for the Easter Skylanders as well as the prices.
Go back to TRU and give the employee these numbers

Easter pack (item # 333516), which should be $10.99
Easter trap (item # 333558), which should be $6.99 & I believe it might be the Red Hot Tussle Sprout villain variant

Try those two numbers. This is for anyone who's trying to pick up the TRU Easter Skylanders exclusives
---
"
comittoxcell Red Sparx Gems: 78
#57 Posted: 18:32:05 01/03/2015
Went to the Mechanicsburgh Pa. Toys R Us and had the manager look up the item numbers but they have none in stock and said they might be on their 11am-1pm truck tomorrow...also had them check York, Pa. and none there either.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#58 Posted: 18:44:52 01/03/2015
From what I've been able to tell, the stores simply don't have them yet. Anyone going in at opening is going to walk away empty handed. We have enough TRU employees around that it would have been reported here or elsewhere they were in the stores if they were. Probably sometime this week, but no real rush since Easter is still a ways out (over a month away).
PurpleSnurple Yellow Sparx Gems: 1264
#59 Posted: 21:25:12 01/03/2015
Interesting, so my TRU looked into these items and last week it did show a release date of 3/2. But now it just shows up as "X" status (whatever that means) and he said it means they've simply never carried them or gotten them in. But the release date of 3/2 has disappeared. I'm thinking it could indicate a push back in the release either from lack of supply or shipping issues from Activision. Just my opinion.
trixster68 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#60 Posted: 23:00:29 01/03/2015
I gave my TRU the numbers and they told me that both numbers have been discontinued. They checked the back and do not have them in stock either. They told me to call 3/2/15 but most likely said that they will not have them unless they come UPS. Gamestop has the date 3-15-15 for them to ship and Target does not have jack on them, this just sucks. Walmart will have them before anyone else does you watch. I see a big easter cardboard display coming soon to my walmart floor just like last year. I just hope wave 4 traps and masters along with cores show up this month. Good luck all
---
Havesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie37
SkylanderPrime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1843
#61 Posted: 00:30:40 02/03/2015
I talked to my TRU and they said the release date was 3/3. They didn't have any in the back and didn't know if they would get them by that date.
---
I'm Kind of a Big Deal!!!! Scotchy Scotch Scotch is my favorite flavor!
sinatraluvr22 Blue Sparx Gems: 602
#62 Posted: 00:42:47 02/03/2015
I went to my TRU and all they have is wave 4 traps that are being released on 3-3. They haven't received any of the Easter skylanders smilie
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#63 Posted: 00:59:18 02/03/2015
Quote: sinatraluvr22
I went to my TRU and all they have is wave 4 traps that are being released on 3-3. They haven't received any of the Easter skylanders smilie

.....somebody get this man a nobel prize.
#64 Posted: 03:59:38 02/03/2015
I'm more interested in the Easter items, followed by Wave 4 cores & Trap Masters, then Wave 4 traps.
Traps are more often easier to find than figures, especially if this wave's a hot one.
---
"
GamerDrone Emerald Sparx Gems: 3287
#65 Posted: 15:08:46 02/03/2015
I'm glad I didn't go in at opening. I will stop by after work to see if they are there.
trixster68 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#66 Posted: 15:16:49 02/03/2015
My TRU did not get anything. Seems to be a bust! Oh well got my order at Gamestop. Maybe the strike on the West Coast is the problem? It don't matter now my Gamestop order went through and they will be here, on to wave 4 traps and figures now.
---
Havesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie37
crstofer Emerald Sparx Gems: 4446
#67 Posted: 15:41:35 02/03/2015
My friend, who happens to be the store manager at Toy R Us checked everything ie back room, emails, delivery dates, etc. And he showed absolutely nothing for wave 4 and or easter traps period. Located in Michigan.
---
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#68 Posted: 16:47:03 02/03/2015
My TRU guys showed me the screen they looked both skus up on and it stated the release was 3/1 but that they hadn't received the stock and didn't know for sure when they'd get it. However, both managers on duty were "sure" that they should be in-store and available Wednesday. This struck me as weird, though, since TRU normally only does releases of new Skylanders on Sundays and (for whatever reason) Tuesdays. (shrug) I guess we'll all know whenever they finally start showing up!

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
Taronyx Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#69 Posted: 19:22:33 02/03/2015
Anyone know what the actual prices are for these?

Gamestop has the two minis and the trap for 8.99 each on preorder, but TRU prices were posted as:

Easter pack (item # 333516), which should be $10.99
Easter trap (item # 333558), which should be $6.99 & I believe it might be the Red Hot Tussle Sprout villain variant.

Which is it? I don't want to preorder when they are way more expensive, especially if it's only a couple days difference.
---
I don't want the world, I just want your half
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#70 Posted: 19:38:35 02/03/2015
Red Hot Tussle Sprout is apparently ToysRUs exclusive, but we haven't gotten any images of it.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
stinkbomb29 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1697
#71 Posted: 03:07:06 03/03/2015
No Wave 4 tomorrow for TRU smilie This launch business is so stupid!!! Get these things in our hands all ready!!! I never knew there to be such a time frame of not having releases on items....what a fart!!!
nocturnalnathan Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#72 Posted: 15:17:12 03/03/2015
So have there still been no signs of the Easter variants actually popping up at anyone's TRU yet?
---
"Chicks dig giant robots"
#73 Posted: 16:43:47 03/03/2015
Quote: stinkbomb29
No Wave 4 tomorrow for TRU smilie This launch business is so stupid!!! Get these things in our hands all ready!!! I never knew there to be such a time frame of not having releases on items....what a fart!!!

I'm pretty sure the dispute between the docks and dock workers' union on the West coast of the US is what's causing this. Last article I read stated 29 ports were completely full of container ships with even more ships docked offshore waiting to get in and the workers either deliberately slowing their work to force the dock's hands in the negotiations or, in some cases, walking off the job entirely. As Skylanders are manufactured in and shipped from China, they traditionally come to the US via ports in Washington, Oregon and California. With the dock workers in those areas essentially striking, there's no way to get those goods off of the boats and out to stores and consumers who need/want them. :-(

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
#74 Posted: 17:29:13 03/03/2015
I was reading another thread regarding those who preordered Blackout at Best Buy. The release date got moved to 3/22.
That could also be the day Wave 4 comes out, because it would be 2 weeks from this Sunday (3/8) as well as late in the month
---
"
GamerDrone Emerald Sparx Gems: 3287
#75 Posted: 17:31:57 03/03/2015
Quote:
With the dock workers in those areas essentially striking, there's no way to get those goods off of the boats and out to stores and consumers who need/want them. :-(

-Doug

You were so close in your statement, but it absolutely is NEED them. :-)
#76 Posted: 18:47:19 03/03/2015
Quote: GamerDrone
Quote:
With the dock workers in those areas essentially striking, there's no way to get those goods off of the boats and out to stores and consumers who need/want them. :-(

-Doug

You were so close in your statement, but it absolutely is NEED them. :-)

I'm not going to get into a drawn out discussion on this, but that all depends on your perspective. No, the fourth requirement for life isn't Skylanders (after food, water and shelter), but for some there is a psychosomatic component to it. For those with severe OCD, they might not stop living if they can't get their hands on new figures, but it can cause their OCD to go wild causing their quality of life to decline.

I've personally witnessed a situation where a friend's brother (who was dying of cancer) needed a particular Nintendo game. He was in his last couple of weeks and the only thing he wanted was to play Destiny of an Emperor with his brother. At the time, the game was nigh-impossible to find outside of eBay and it took me a while to track down and obtain a copy that they could afford. Once he got the game though? He perked up incredibly and ended up living another 6 months, well past what the doctors told him could be expected or what they even considered possible. Did he need the game by any standard definition? Nope. However, based on the results? I'd say there's a good case that can be made.

As this type of comment/discussion/argument (in some cases) has happened again and again and again, let's agree to let bygones be bygones and, going forward, drop the discussions/arguments over semantics, shall we?

-Doug
---
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#77 Posted: 18:57:32 03/03/2015
Not sure how accurate it is, but maybe they'll all be laid off soon as they'll no longer be needed. That's the problem when you play with fire. How many people are unemployed looking for work?

http://www.bizjournals.com/san...coast-port.html
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:59:39 03/03/2015 by GhostRoaster
Cazper8771 Green Sparx Gems: 268
#78 Posted: 20:13:15 03/03/2015
I seen a few boxes most likely the Easter skylander stuff delivered to my local tru today. Street dated for 3/20. So there u go once I get more info which should be tomorrow or the next day I will let u know!!!
#79 Posted: 23:42:19 03/03/2015
Quote: GhostRoaster
Not sure how accurate it is, but maybe they'll all be laid off soon as they'll no longer be needed. That's the problem when you play with fire. How many people are unemployed looking for work?

That would be a shame for the middle class to take another blow to the stomach because the corporate fat cats would rather pay themselves than share the wealth with the people doing the actual work.
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#80 Posted: 00:11:37 04/03/2015
Quote: defpally

That would be a shame for the middle class to take another blow to the stomach because the corporate fat cats would rather pay themselves than share the wealth with the people doing the actual work.

Chalking this up to corporate greed is way over simplifying the situation.
Chaotic Lunacy Green Sparx Gems: 476
#81 Posted: 01:07:56 04/03/2015
Quote: Cazper8771
I seen a few boxes most likely the Easter skylander stuff delivered to my local tru today. Street dated for 3/20. So there u go once I get more info which should be tomorrow or the next day I will let u know!!!

Those are the crayola colors starter packs.

The dock workers strike on the west coast is the reason for the delay of the Easter pack and the Red Hot Tussle Sprout trap shipments.
So as soon as the stores receive them they will be put to the floor.
Which hopefully is soon.
#82 Posted: 06:25:30 04/03/2015
Quote: melvimbe

Chalking this up to corporate greed is way over simplifying the situation.

So is assuming the workers should just get back to work and be thankful for the scraps they get tossed and for having a job at all. Reagan did a great job of convincing people that the problem is for unions to exist at all instead of the fact that they need to exist. It's so much easier when people that expect fair treatment can get singled out and cut loose and the rest can be controlled through fear for their job.
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#83 Posted: 11:40:30 04/03/2015
I don't disagree, although I'm not terribly fond of how unions often behave. GR comment was accurate regarding going on strike is taking a risk, one that doesn't seem to be panning out very well for the workers right now.
#84 Posted: 14:29:45 04/03/2015
I heard through work yesterday that a lot of the ships mired on the West coast of the US through all of this have started to pull anchor and (where possible) sail down to Panama to go through the canal and unload on the East coast, possibly in Florida. Right now that's just word of mouth, but as I work in a purchasing department, I do get to talk to a lot of manufacturers and distributors and it does seem to make sense at this point, as long as everything has drug on.

-Doug
---
#85 Posted: 15:25:47 04/03/2015
Quote: melvimbe
I don't disagree, although I'm not terribly fond of how unions often behave. GR comment was accurate regarding going on strike is taking a risk, one that doesn't seem to be panning out very well for the workers right now.

For every corrupt union boss there are many more more corrupt corporate executives and right wing politicians that are spending lots of money in order for that opinion to be on the tip of people's tongues.

And no, it doesn't appear to be working out well, what with near constant assumption that it is the workers in the wrong in the case of a strike. It's just really amazing that with the huge wealth gap in this country we people so many people turning on themselves so easily over things like this. A strong, well paid workforce is key to a sturdy, stable economy - which is a benefit to us all. Companies choose to manufacture all these things in China rather than here to save money and now it isn't working out too well for them and they want us to blame the dock workers because we can't get our toys on time.
OnionCakes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1810
#86 Posted: 15:49:38 04/03/2015
Quote: darkchylde28
I heard through work yesterday that a lot of the ships mired on the West coast of the US through all of this have started to pull anchor and (where possible) sail down to Panama to go through the canal and unload on the East coast, possibly in Florida. Right now that's just word of mouth, but as I work in a purchasing department, I do get to talk to a lot of manufacturers and distributors and it does seem to make sense at this point, as long as everything has drug on.

-Doug

No there was a news article on this yesterday. They said quite a few of them wont be returning to the west coast either and they've lost 10.7% of their businesses already permanently.
---
Check out my boyfriends Skylander ARTWORK
http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=108425
http://jacob-a-sweet.tumblr.com/
Greeble Emerald Sparx Gems: 4276
#87 Posted: 16:01:10 04/03/2015
Has anyone got one of the traps yet?

I'm just curious to know if it actually appears as a bunny in game or a handstand.
---
^ You all know it's true
#88 Posted: 17:02:25 04/03/2015
Quote: OnionCakes
No there was a news article on this yesterday. They said quite a few of them wont be returning to the west coast either and they've lost 10.7% of their businesses already permanently.

Things like that always get said by companies during negotiations. Like we are to expect companies to start shipping to the east coast regularly and paying for the travel/distance through the canal. The only other way is around is through the Cape of Good Hope, which is not an alternative. And then they have to deal with dock workers on the east coast, which aren't going to simply have their work multiply without being paid more.
#89 Posted: 17:35:35 04/03/2015
There's some hope. I read the article Ghost Roaster had a link to, and some of the shipments have been diverted to Canada and Mexico. California wasn't the only one hit badly from the strike. Portland, Oregon, was as well.
---
"
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#90 Posted: 18:25:43 04/03/2015
And then they have to deal with dock workers on the east coast, which aren't going to simply have their work multiply without being paid more.

Although the east coast docks might hire more workers (even temp workers), since the new hires wouldn't have to worry about being attacked for being scabs.
#91 Posted: 19:11:22 04/03/2015
Quote: UncleBob
And then they have to deal with dock workers on the east coast, which aren't going to simply have their work multiply without being paid more.

Although the east coast docks might hire more workers (even temp workers), since the new hires wouldn't have to worry about being attacked for being scabs.

LoL, more right wing fear messaging in action. Those Walmart "training" videos working out well for ya? Next time you are at work just mention a union in front of your manager and see how that works out. You will be out on your can faster than you can finish the sentence. There is a coordinated, openly hostile, not at all subtle view on unions by the corporate side, but when workers make an effort to support their side that's evil?

Of course, undermining your co-workers leverage by undermining their position is frowned upon, but what you are talking about (other than isolated cases that ALWAYS exist) is something out of the movie Hoffa or the most rabid right wing fantasies.

The fact remains, there are far more underhanded, money grubbing activities going on in your average boardroom than at a union meeting.

Oh and east coast docks are union workers too, particularly in the big ports like in New Jersey which are the ones that can handle that volume - ever hear of the Teamsters?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:14:58 04/03/2015 by defpally
#92 Posted: 21:10:37 04/03/2015
Guys,

Can we please just talk about Skylanders? If you'd like to go at each other (again), there's always "Stuff and Nonsense" or PMs. The dock workers' strike ties to Skylanders because it affects supply. Some of their motivations, what's going on in that situation, that loosely ties because it's still affecting supply. Your personal feelings on the politics of the whole situation? Doesn't have anything to do with whether or not we see the Easter Skylanders.

No, I'm not a mod, but I imagine with as literate and venomous as some of these "discussions" get, a lot of the kids (and less confrontational members) who are tuning in to see if there's anything new are going to both be turned away/off by this and hesitant to respond much at all for fear of getting sucked into another potential slugfest.

Thanks for anything you can do to get and keep us back on track.

-Doug
---
#93 Posted: 21:29:26 04/03/2015
Well, apparently I struck a nerve. No harm indended - merely pointing out that there are reasons why shipping to another port could be optimal. If another poster wishes to try and turn this into yet more personal attacks, what can ya do?
#94 Posted: 23:07:01 04/03/2015
Well, apparently I struck a nerve. No harm indended - merely pointing out that there are reasons why shipping to another port could be optimal. If another poster wishes to try and turn this into yet more personal attacks, what can ya do?

Yeah, you did - and I'm sorry, but I get grumpy when any time there is a labor dispute the public instantly assumes it is the fault of the labor. Why do we never assume it is happening because the executives would rather protect their fat bonuses rather than the people out doing the work? The US public has been trained back since the Reagan days to view the union middle class worker as some caricature of from some mafia movie - and people cheer when they lose. All while we wonder why our salaries aren't growing and the 1% controls more and more wealth.

Quote: darkchylde28
Thanks for anything you can do to get and keep us back on track.

How about if we want to keep this focused on Skylanders we not have people celebrate some people out west just trying to not have their salary cut losing their job?
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 23:10:26 04/03/2015 by defpally
#95 Posted: 23:32:08 04/03/2015
I have opinions on organized labor, but I don't much think this thread is the place for them. My opinions may surprise you.

There were a handful of articles up about workers standing in front of bus loads of outside contractors along side some printed materials regarding "scabs" on-site during this work slowdown (not a strike, by the way) - various kinds of attacks, although I'm not aware of anything physical (although I admit to not knowing 100% of what went on).

Without an ongoing labor dispute, alternative ports have more freedom to bring in additional help to offload an increase in freight. That's all I said.
#96 Posted: 01:27:21 05/03/2015
Without an ongoing labor dispute, alternative ports have more freedom to bring in additional help to offload an increase in freight. That's all I said.

Yes, and I apologized to you for being grumpy at other people assuming that labor was at fault.

It probably wouldn't surprise me about your opinion, considering where you work. Their anti-labor streak affects you far more than it does me, there is no labor union covering the type of work I do unfortunately. But I do see each and every day how ruthless and greedy the corporate world can be, particularly in the sector in which I work.
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#97 Posted: 06:47:08 05/03/2015
Quote: Greeble

I'm just curious to know if it actually appears as a bunny in game or a handstand.

It wasn't shown in any datamining, which leads me to believe it displays as an unpainted trap.
---
#all Spyros are valid
darkrai848 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#98 Posted: 07:26:00 05/03/2015
Quote: Okaps
Quote: Greeble

It wasn't shown in any datamining, which leads me to believe it displays as an unpainted trap.

I don't think any one bothered datamining the traps as no one know if the legendary traps showed up in game or not till the day they came out.
---
If you like toys to life, you might be interested in Lightseekers!
Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playfusion/lightseekers/description
wild_defender Green Sparx Gems: 465
#99 Posted: 07:59:37 05/03/2015
Easter skylanders already in Australia on eBay in hand smilie so should have all your answers soon

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Sky...=item4635ee7c42
---
Anyone else think Short Cut should be making jokes about running with scissors?
nocturnalnathan Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#100 Posted: 15:20:13 05/03/2015
So have there still been no signs of the Easter variants actually popping up at anyone's TRU yet?
---
"Chicks dig giant robots"
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me