darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > Let's Predict Skylanders 5's Embargo Time!-Join quickly!
First | Previous | Page 5 of 7 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Let's Predict Skylanders 5's Embargo Time!-Join quickly!
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#201 Posted: 08:58:25 04/05/2015
But we at least know they are planning something, now.
Interesting... Really interesting.

I have a feeling the wait won't last for too long... smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#202 Posted: 11:01:57 04/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Snap Shot
Quote: pennyman
Dang I wanna play along but Activision would be upset with me if I did!

Do you know the date penny man?

Think he just says that because someone might mistake his guess for reality since he could be considered a member of the press.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
#203 Posted: 11:05:03 04/05/2015 | Topic Creator
All added BTW.
---
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#204 Posted: 23:49:12 04/05/2015
I am truly shocked Infinity 3.0 wasn't officially announced today given it's Star Wars Day and all. I'm seriously doubting we'll hear from Acti. and V.V. tomorrow regarding Sky 5...bummer. It also seems that the strain of an annual installment is weighing on both publishers and their developers as these announcement dates get pushed back further and further each year.
JayjeA Blue Sparx Gems: 636
#205 Posted: 00:48:39 05/05/2015
May, 19th 2015! My Bday!
---
I'm a recent convert to Skylandering and I LOVE it! I'm doing a SUPERCHARGERS LP! I also do UnBoxing videos!
#206 Posted: 01:24:39 05/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Added, and edited the main post to show those who are out.
---
wild_defender Green Sparx Gems: 465
#207 Posted: 07:41:30 05/05/2015
At least DI 3 has had leaks for their fans too see. But I'm pretty impressed skylanders hasnt had any leaks yet.
---
Anyone else think Short Cut should be making jokes about running with scissors?
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#208 Posted: 08:21:47 05/05/2015
Well, there was that comic prequel leak.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
myskylanders Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#209 Posted: 08:35:31 05/05/2015
THat's not a leak. We don't even have a cover or real information from the description.
---
- http://www.myskylanders.de All Skylanders related in German
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#210 Posted: 09:30:12 05/05/2015
Kaos is the main villain again, mentions the next game will have yet another new group of Skylanders, and another area of Skylands to explore, leading up to the events of Skylanders 5. How is that not a leak?
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
myskylanders Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#211 Posted: 10:26:50 05/05/2015
You only call it a leak because you found it yourself and want it to be important - I understand that. But honestly, you can't be serious. Not like I want to discuss this now but a quick response to your question:

Kaos being the main villain after 4 consecutive games where he was: WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT THAT? NO WAY!
Another new "group" (very specific, isn't it?) of skylanders: WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT THAT? NO WAY!
Another new mysterious area in Skylands: WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT THAT? NO WAY!

And in addition: leaks get taken down. The comic listings are all over the internet.

The description of the comic is completely exchangeable. You could basically write this every year. I have to repeat, I'm sorry: You can't be serious smilie !

Disclaimer: This post is not meant to be rude. No disrespect intended! Chris over and out, no further responses planned, don't want it to become an argument smilie .
---
- http://www.myskylanders.de All Skylanders related in German
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:28:57 05/05/2015 by myskylanders
#212 Posted: 10:35:16 05/05/2015
Coz it's not about the actual game.

For 1...
Even though Kaos will probably definately be the villain for sky 5 , No one can say with %100 certainty because the comic is a prequel, Kaos could just disappear for some reason in the prequel.

The comic blurb was really well written to not actually provide any new info at all.

Not to mention Kaos being the villain, a new group of skylanders and a new area of skylands to explore are all givens . They are 3 constants we are always pretty sure of and we have no reason to expect anything different ( despite the Kaos haters out there thinking their opinions matter).

It'd be like saying " the new series of Pokemon will detail ash and pikachu traveling to a new exotic region of their world and finding all new Pokemon". it's really not news.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:37:39 05/05/2015 by wild_defender
#213 Posted: 10:50:33 05/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: myskylanders
You only call it a leak because you found it yourself and want it to be important - I understand that. But honestly, you can't be serious. Not like I want to discuss this now but a quick response to your question:

Kaos being the main villain after 4 consecutive games where he was: WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT THAT? NO WAY!
Another new "group" (very specific, isn't it?) of skylanders: WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT THAT? NO WAY!
Another new mysterious area in Skylands: WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT THAT? NO WAY!

And in addition: leaks get taken down. The comic listings are all over the internet.

The description of the comic is completely exchangeable. You could basically write this every year. I have to repeat, I'm sorry: You can't be serious smilie !

Disclaimer: This post is not meant to be rude. No disrespect intended! Chris over and out, no further responses planned, don't want it to become an argument smilie .

It actually was taken down at one point. Also Aura I HAVE given people props for at least guessing an important date for leaks and announcements, and as can be seen, the comic Prequal is up there. I wouldn't call it a leak per-say as the more I think about it, the more I think Activision wanted us to see it and geek out. Activision is just trying to tease us. Still, in the descriptions 2 sentences you can tell a good bit.
-Kaos somehow escaped
-Kaos has new powers
-There will be a new gimmick group
-Something has to do with rifts

The 1 and 3 may seem obvious but many people thought, at least on :darkSpyro:, that we would have another main villain now. And I was amoung a small group that thought that they were taking it back to basics and just expanding on light and dark, and we now know that that isn't the case.
---
#214 Posted: 14:08:37 05/05/2015
Quote: Aura24
Kaos is the main villain again, mentions the next game will have yet another new group of Skylanders, and another area of Skylands to explore, leading up to the events of Skylanders 5. How is that not a leak?

lol is that a leak or the painfully obvious? Plus unless you see something in a different language or something that looks "unfinished" it is planned.
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#215 Posted: 15:44:57 05/05/2015
I'm gonna go with either May 21st or May 28th, probably closer to May 28th since they will probably try to steal Nintendo's thunder before the release of the Splatoon amiibo on the 29th
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#216 Posted: 16:26:04 05/05/2015
Quote: Tigorus
Quote: Aura24

lol is that a leak or the painfully obvious? Plus unless you see something in a different language or something that looks "unfinished" it is planned.

The plot is so generic it describes all 4 previous games pretty much to the letter. Bad stuff happens, skylanders explore "x", loose plot ties it all...just go find your treasure chests and soul gems and shuddyap already.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:26:58 05/05/2015 by TakeYourLemons
#217 Posted: 17:11:50 05/05/2015
So this happened today:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/...campaign=buffer

So Infinity announces (officially) today that Star Wars is teh 3.0 format and Skylanders is still sitting on their hands.../sigh.

Jeriba Yellow Sparx Gems: 1168
#218 Posted: 17:34:19 05/05/2015
The last shall be first smilie. But I'am asking me too for what they are waiting for.
#219 Posted: 18:17:02 05/05/2015
May I say that I would rather wait a couple more weeks (or months) to see something BIG and mind-blowing instead of having an announcement video right now that basically only shows and tells us what we already knew (Star Wars...? Totally unexpected...), let us see a couple new character and 2 short gameplay sequences?

I can't wait for some news too but I'm sure they are up to something truly amazing this time having waited for so long to show us.
Oh, and that's what Activision wanted: an official DI 3.0 reveal. smilie

Regarding the comic "leak", nothing that is in there was obvious.
Just because you (and I) were expecting it to happen doesn't mean it was automatically taken for granted.
And I think it also doesn't confirm there will be a new team of Skylanders; it just says that Spyro is going to explore a new ancient area of the Skylands (this wasn't obvious at all it only happened with Cloudbreak Islands before) with a group of élite characters.
Could simply mean we will see some fan favorites or iconic Skylanders in that comic.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#220 Posted: 10:54:59 06/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: TrapShadowFan
I'm gonna go with either May 21st or May 28th, probably closer to May 28th since they will probably try to steal Nintendo's thunder before the release of the Splatoon amiibo on the 29th

I put you down for the 28th, and I have given credit to those who guessed May 5th since DI 3.0 was revealed that day.
---
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#221 Posted: 01:30:50 07/05/2015
I predict that the official unveiling announcement for Skylanders 5 will be at E3, so June 16 is my final answer.
And, no, I don't want to use any of my lifelines.
smilie smilie
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
#222 Posted: 01:58:48 07/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Insane01
I predict that the official unveiling announcement for Skylanders 5 will be at E3, so June 16 is my final answer.
And, no, I don't want to use any of my lifelines.
smilie smilie

If you are sure. You will be automatically marked as wrong for the time being though, since everything that we know points to it NOT being unveiled after June 3rd. Should anything change you will still be eligible to win though.
---
#223 Posted: 04:50:27 07/05/2015
Hmmmm I'll go with 6-2-15 as my second guess.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#224 Posted: 05:33:07 07/05/2015
Quote: Drek95
And I think it also doesn't confirm there will be a new team of Skylanders; it just says that Spyro is going to explore a new ancient area of the Skylands (this wasn't obvious at all it only happened with Cloudbreak Islands before) with a group of élite characters.

Calling it now. Eon's Elites will be required to open gates. smilie
#225 Posted: 05:51:28 07/05/2015
Quote: TakeYourLemons

Calling it now. Eon's Elites will be required to open gates. smilie

Most likely.

And traps will be sold again but in blind bags, this time. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#226 Posted: 08:27:53 07/05/2015
Plus you need a skylander of an unknown element to open certain gates.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#227 Posted: 10:19:09 07/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Tigorus
Hmmmm I'll go with 6-2-15 as my second guess.

Added.
---
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#228 Posted: 21:55:17 08/05/2015
That may not be official, since they might push it back to a November release. If I'm wrong, fine. If I am correct, that's cool also.
It's merely a prediction. They probably won't announce it until they are sure about. They ain't Disney, who love to dazzle us with Infinity when it merely baffles us why they could have come up with a better product..
I'm sure they reading all the feedback on Trap Team. What players liked, or hated, about the game. Improvements, etc.
They not only maintain their position as the top toys-to-life product, but they have better themselves to keep us continuing buying the game.
Biggest competition is going to be Lego Dimensions. Though more expensive ($100 for the starter pack), I think the different packs and stuff will be interesting to see
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
#229 Posted: 22:37:29 08/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Insane01
That may not be official, since they might push it back to a November release. If I'm wrong, fine. If I am correct, that's cool also.
It's merely a prediction. They probably won't announce it until they are sure about. They ain't Disney, who love to dazzle us with Infinity when it merely baffles us why they could have come up with a better product..
I'm sure they reading all the feedback on Trap Team. What players liked, or hated, about the game. Improvements, etc.
They not only maintain their position as the top toys-to-life product, but they have better themselves to keep us continuing buying the game.
Biggest competition is going to be Lego Dimensions. Though more expensive ($100 for the starter pack), I think the different packs and stuff will be interesting to see

I'm calling BS on the November thing. But if you want to belive it then belive it.
---
#230 Posted: 05:58:58 09/05/2015
I doubt it too.

It wouldn't be a problem but I don't think that's related to the late announcement.
They are probably simply preparing a special event and they will show it when they want to.

Maybe they were also waiting for Disney and Lego to reveal their new games.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#231 Posted: 21:50:25 14/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Exciting news people! We possibly have our first leaked figure for Skylanders 5!
Here is the post;
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Someone on reddit found this guy! Here's the post! https://www.reddit.com/r/skyla...ylanders_5_not/

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

I am almost positive we are getting close to the full reveal. In light of this discovery I am now allowing anyone who want one a third guess. Just mark in you post that you are guessing for the 2nd or 3rd time.
---
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#232 Posted: 21:57:04 14/05/2015
Oh my GOD that's a rad design! Wait...

IS HE ON A CAR!?
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#233 Posted: 22:02:44 14/05/2015 | Topic Creator
For my third guess I'm going with May 22nd. The Friday of Memorial Day Weekend.
---
#234 Posted: 22:05:00 14/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bionichute
Oh my GOD that's a rad design! Wait...

IS HE ON A CAR!?

It appears to be an engine of sorts.
---
Blink182Bouncer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1659
#235 Posted: 22:21:51 14/05/2015
I doubt they'll send invitations to the press less than 7 days before the announcement so I'll guess after the 21st but before June... May 25th may I guess?
---
Still Waiting For Legendary Tom DeLonge To Come In The Blink-182 Triple Pack.
WHY DID THEY MAKE MATT SKIBA "CALIFORNIA EDITION EXCLUSIVE"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:23:06 14/05/2015 by Blink182Bouncer
#236 Posted: 22:53:24 14/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Added.
---
#237 Posted: 23:18:45 14/05/2015
Maybe a new sort of swap-zones, just with the different that we'll use vehicles or by the formatwise of the wings it could be transforming characters smilie.
#238 Posted: 23:32:03 14/05/2015
Ok, I'm going with the 15th as my third guess.
Yes, I know it's tomorrow but... 15/5/15 for Skylanders 5 reveal date seems perfect and I think someone might have already been invited but might not be allowed to say anything.

The new Fire Skylander looks cool!
A fire made snake/dragon with some mechanical parts almost a weird cross between Rattle Shake, Blast Zone and Drobot.
I home this prototype will make it to the final version of the game and that will remain the same.

The only thing that I don't understand is that engine on the base... Mmmmh...
I would say he/she looks like a gimmick character so it may be related to the new innovation.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:47:41 14/05/2015 by Drek95
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#239 Posted: 23:36:07 14/05/2015
Yes, I know it's tomorrow but... 15/5/15 for Skylanders 5 reveal date seems perfect and I think someone might have already been invited but might not be allowed to say anything.

A fire made snake/dragon with some mechanical parts almost a weird cross between Rattle Shake, Blast Zone and Drobot.

The only think that I don't understand is that engine on the base... Mmmmh...
I would say he/she looks like a gimmick character so it may be related to the new innovation.

This.My third guess
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
#240 Posted: 00:27:14 15/05/2015 | Topic Creator

I home this prototype will make it to the final version of the game and that will remain the same.

The only thing that I don't understand is that engine on the base... Mmmmh...

Quote: skylandersspyro

The only think that I don't understand is that engine on the base... Mmmmh...

This.My third guess

If you're sure. Last year we knew ahead of time the day it would be announced but ok.
---
#241 Posted: 02:02:20 15/05/2015
I don't know if it's a vehicle, it looks like a weird platform atm. i think we'll need to see something else to confirm a vehicle. But it kinda looks like the dragon is kind of trapped in it in a spirit form or something coz its tail looks a little odd.

It's weird if it is a "vehicle " that's it's coming with a pre attacked skylander and the vehicle part seems really small and understated. Makes me think that a racing game isn't their purpose, maybe something more like transport between areas/dimensions.

I guess it's also possible that this skylander isn't even a gimc , could just have a base item like a genie and a lamp. Or something like hoot loop .

But iether way , yay news. Reveal soon smilie
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:58:45 15/05/2015 by wild_defender
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#242 Posted: 02:39:51 15/05/2015
I am really trying to figure out it's gimmick. But it seems so basic

edit: Giants 2.0?
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:49:03 15/05/2015 by Windumup
trail blazer Green Sparx Gems: 167
#243 Posted: 03:24:13 15/05/2015
It does look like a motor he is on top of, and his wings look like they could be a exhaust with flames shooting out, with the way the holes are drilled in the pipe looking wings. Obviously pure speculation at this point!
LoveProfusion15 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1701
#244 Posted: 03:37:39 15/05/2015
May 18.
Captainfishlip Green Sparx Gems: 415
#245 Posted: 03:50:58 15/05/2015
My second guess is May 29
---
SA 31/32 SG 16/16 SF 27/32 TT 30/52 SC 9/20 SCV 3/20 SI 3/31
#246 Posted: 05:52:39 15/05/2015
Quote: wild_defender
I don't know if it's a vehicle, it looks like a weird platform atm. i think we'll need to see something else to confirm a vehicle. But it kinda looks like the dragon is kind of trapped in it in a spirit form or something coz its tail looks a little odd.

It's weird if it is a "vehicle " that's it's coming with a pre attacked skylander and the vehicle part seems really small and understated. Makes me think that a racing game isn't their purpose, maybe something more like transport between areas/dimensions.

I guess it's also possible that this skylander isn't even a gimc , could just have a base item like a genie and a lamp. Or something like hoot loop .

But iether way , yay news. Reveal soon smilie

I was thinking about the same thing.

He/she might have a big "engine" to carry around because he has been... Cursed (?) and now he/she's bounded to it.

Maybe he/she could walk around really slowly with that thing and then he throw it and becomes super-fast!

Would be quite tedious to play a level with him/her but... He would indeed be original. smilie

Thanks ninja I'm sure of it.
After all we only knew about Trap Team's reveal not SWAP Force or Giants.
Maybe V.V. has a different style to announce games. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#247 Posted: 06:03:57 15/05/2015
I reckon the lower half is detachable and can be useused as a proper car outside the game.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#248 Posted: 08:42:13 15/05/2015
Not only the lower part (engine), look at the wings (tailpipes?) and the gloves: transformers skylanders.
#249 Posted: 10:55:59 15/05/2015
I doubt they will do detachable parts again.
They said they specifically restricted Swappers to two parts because more would have confused kids (and possibly could have been dangerous).

But that... "engine" sure looks like it may be removed and placed somewhere else.
Also doubt the change of Elements idea: that characters is indeed Fire-related and would look completely out of place with Water or Life.

It also looks too big to be a Core (but never say never)...
The only thing I'm sure about is that I sincerely hope for no kart/car figures.
Or at least I hope they won't be required for the main experience.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#250 Posted: 12:28:44 15/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: LoveProfusion15
May 18.

Quote: Captainfishlip
My second guess is May 29

Added.
---
First | Previous | Page 5 of 7 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me