darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Skylanders Light & Dark Pack Discontinued? (CONFIRMED FALSE)
First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3
Skylanders Light & Dark Pack Discontinued? (CONFIRMED FALSE) [CLOSED]
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#101 Posted: 18:00:38 05/02/2015
Also keep in mind that there's a difference in a manufacturer discontinuing production of an item vs. a vendor or store discontinuing carrying said product. I doubt these were discontinued by Activision but you never know. lol this might be their way of saying these levels won't be playable in the next game. I know singles are coming for Knight Mare and Knight Light so there's that.

Edit: What would be bizarre about this being discontinued is that they appear to still be making SSA adventure pack (slowly but surely) since I still keep seeing restock waves being sent to TRU. Maybe they will be TRU exclusives.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:05:10 05/02/2015 by Tigorus
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#102 Posted: 21:31:20 05/02/2015
Quote: BP
Just FYI: I was just able to order a new shipment of light and dark packs from Activision, so they are not currently discontinued.

Is it possible to order directly from Activision?I mean do they have the light pack avalaible on their online store?
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:13:33 06/02/2015 by angelg
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#103 Posted: 14:59:16 06/02/2015
Quote: SkyScratch
If this really is the case... this is quite literally the stupidest thing activision's marketing board has done

No, they are about making money, they wouldn't hurt themselves on purpose.

The quantity of reports saying discontinued make me believe it IS discontinued. Most likely there will be a repackaged version at a lower price with Dark/Light Cores.
- Unreall
bgnome Green Sparx Gems: 346
#104 Posted: 15:46:23 06/02/2015
Quote: Unreallystic
If this really is the case... this is quite literally the stupidest thing activision's marketing board has done

The quantity of reports saying discontinued make me believe it IS discontinued. Most likely there will be a repackaged version at a lower price with Dark/Light Cores.
- Unreall

It would make sense to repackage the expansions as adventure packs, with the core figure, level, and magic items to sell at the standard price instead of being the most expensive add-ons in the series to date.
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#105 Posted: 15:46:54 06/02/2015
I seriously doubt they are being discontinued. If anything, they might have not been taking orders for them for a while until production caught up. I know someone else that owned a store said they weren't able to order some of the already released wave 3 stuff but now they can. They're just hard to find and people are starting rumors. Hearing it from multiple sources doesn't mean anything either since things spread on the internet like a wildfire.
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#106 Posted: 17:00:58 06/02/2015
Quote: Unreallystic

- Unreall

Since we had a user on here who owns his own shop telling us yesterday that he was able to successfully order these from Activision, they're clearly not discontinued, no matter how many reports come in.

I'm willing to bet that people are being told they're discontinued due to store employees not being able to get any details on stock. In my job I help source items that wouldn't normally be available from my company and, if I see an item that doesn't have any ETA from a manufacturer for new stock to be available, after a while I assume that the item has been discontinued and advise my customers of such, offering them an equivalent item as an alternate. I have a feeling that that's what the retail employees have been doing, not being able to see these as orderable in their systems and not seeing any ETAs (real or fake, sometimes manufacturers will use a far off future date to indicate they don't know if an item will be available again) and thus telling customers that they're discontinued to try to alleviate their frustration. In most cases such statements would be true, but in this one, apparently not so much. So much for Activision having their manufacturing and stock anticipation machines working fast enough to keep up with demand.

Quote: bgnome
It would make sense to repackage the expansions as adventure packs, with the core figure, level, and magic items to sell at the standard price instead of being the most expensive add-ons in the series to date.

Except that people who already bought either or both packs (myself included) would be upset (infuriated, in my case) at having to buy some of the same stuff all over again. I have absolutely no use for a second expansion pack figure, card, etc., and no one to give it to since anyone who wants it will end up buying one pack or the other to get the figure and item(s) that aren't available any other way. To release the light and dark levels in adventure packs at this point would be a huge misstep. If they were going to release two different versions, they needed to make it clear that they were doing so and make all of the light and dark Trap Masters, Core Figures and traps available for separate purchase to begin with.

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:05:55 06/02/2015 by darkchylde28
BP Blue Sparx Gems: 631
#107 Posted: 18:47:47 10/02/2015
I hate to post this, because it may mean nothing. However, just FYI:

I just heard from Activision's warehouse that Light and Dark Element Expansion Packs are "out of stock." They said out of stock, not discontinued, so it may just mean that demand is outpacing supply. However, it could also be that they are out of stock because they are not making any more and replacing them with some other type of light and dark packs.
spoons10696 Gold Sparx Gems: 2525
#108 Posted: 17:52:31 20/03/2015
I found a Light and a Dark expansion pack in a local Target yesterday! Last ones left the guy said.
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#109 Posted: 06:31:20 21/03/2015
I found 2 of each in target the other day, these could be leftovers held up by the port strike.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:44:41 22/03/2015 by SlayerX11
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#110 Posted: 12:40:18 21/03/2015
Saw an ad last night on TV that showed off Knight Light and talked about the new elements. At the end of the ad, it showed what was very clearly the expansion packs, surrounded by Easter eggs.

It'd be weird to run this kind of commercial if the product simply isn't out there.
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#111 Posted: 09:45:42 22/03/2015
Quote: UncleBob
Saw an ad last night on TV that showed off Knight Light and talked about the new elements. At the end of the ad, it showed what was very clearly the expansion packs, surrounded by Easter eggs.

It'd be weird to run this kind of commercial if the product simply isn't out there.

I do wonder thou if its truely coming back i mean how does one get to the 2 adventure areas if they don't either release more of these or the adventure token by itself.
INTIMIDAT3R Blue Sparx Gems: 857
#112 Posted: 15:21:10 22/03/2015
And folks wonder why I'm done with Activision, TFB, VV, AND Skylanders after Trap Team.
---
"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."--- 2 Timothy 4:7
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#113 Posted: 15:59:27 22/03/2015
^ So, why? I do love the toys and collecting, but I'm done with the content to toy ratio, and doing too much more of the same. Have to approach things a bit different than just a new gimmick.

Cause they are clueless? Because the ads were created months ago without regard to current inventory information?
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:01:00 22/03/2015 by GhostRoaster
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#114 Posted: 20:47:59 22/03/2015
Quote: GhostRoaster
^ So, why? I do love the toys and collecting, but I'm done with the content to toy ratio, and doing too much more of the same. Have to approach things a bit different than just a new gimmick.

I'd say that you and others probably aren't so much "done" as you're frustrated and dissatisfied. So far, I haven't actually seen anyone who has been "done" with Skylanders actually keep their word about it. Even CountMoneyBone came back this time, but "only" because he got everything "for free."

Quote: GhostRoaster

Cause they are clueless? Because the ads were created months ago without regard to current inventory information?

If they weren't intending to have these things continue to be in distribution, they would have pulled the ads from being aired versus having so much egg on their face if/when they didn't show up. These packs are basically being sold faster than Activision can keep them in stock, either to players who want/need them or scalpers who want to continue to mark them up for a profit. Until such a time as nobody anywhere sees them on shelves and Activision actually prevents retailers from purchasing them and declares them discontinued, we should have faith. Just like Scratch, stock has been more limited than demand but it doesn't mean that they're discontinued, especially during their prime time of distribution. The stock that appeared pre-Christmas was a "preview" of the 1st quarter 2015/Easter wave, just like last year, we just had distribution issues due to the port/strike issues out West.

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#115 Posted: 21:47:48 22/03/2015
Went to Target, Fullerton (CA), which had a restock of both packs. But when I got there, they only had a Light pack left. Glad I got mine when they first came out. No Wave 4, as I was trying to find light/dark traps
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:48:08 22/03/2015 by Insane01
ArkleeTerror Green Sparx Gems: 238
#116 Posted: 06:37:53 23/03/2015
well, piff

guess i'm gonna have to try buying my dark and light adventure packs second hand, then. with all the money problems my family's got going on rn, i highly doubt i'll be able to get some brand new ones any time soon
---
smilie smilie You cannot kill The Metal smilie smilie
procrstntngdrgn Emerald Sparx Gems: 3613
#117 Posted: 22:40:17 26/03/2015
Can we close this topic now? The info was obviously incorrect
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#118 Posted: 23:06:23 26/03/2015
Quote: procrstntngdrgn
Can we close this topic now? The info was obviously incorrect

...I should never doubt Activision's desire to drain funds from my wallet. touche.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#119 Posted: 23:34:35 26/03/2015
Both packs were on Amazon.com earlier today...might want to check.
First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me