darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Skylanders Light & Dark Pack Discontinued? (CONFIRMED FALSE)
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3
Skylanders Light & Dark Pack Discontinued? (CONFIRMED FALSE) [CLOSED]
Swap Force Fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 4095
#51 Posted: 16:13:14 24/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: SkyScratch
If this really is the case... this is quite literally the stupidest thing activision's marketing board has done

Well think about it - the Light and Dark packs might cost a lot for them to produce. They might not have all the materials at the moment to make them. Plus, another reason they're being discontinued possibly is because they could be getting a lot of $ from Amazon and eBay sales.

EDIT: Also, people are buying them so fast that they can't keep up with it, so they might be waiting a couple of weeks for them to produce many more, then they will send stocks of them out again.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:16:02 24/01/2015 by Swap Force Fan
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#52 Posted: 17:45:04 24/01/2015
Quote: Swap Force Fan
If this really is the case... this is quite literally the stupidest thing activision's marketing board has done

Well think about it - the Light and Dark packs might cost a lot for them to produce. They might not have all the materials at the moment to make them. Plus, another reason they're being discontinued possibly is because they could be getting a lot of $ from Amazon and eBay sales.

EDIT: Also, people are buying them so fast that they can't keep up with it, so they might be waiting a couple of weeks for them to produce many more, then they will send stocks of them out again.

They are not canceled...and no there is no additional hidden cost preventing them from producing them. Much of it I think has to do with inventory season.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Sboy13 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3165
#53 Posted: 19:20:56 24/01/2015
I just saw 2 dark and 1 light at my local Wal-Mart, and picked up both. Glad I did just in case they really are discontinued. smilie
---
Purple dragon.
xXBeavcoonXx Gold Sparx Gems: 2628
#54 Posted: 20:04:00 24/01/2015
I just have one question (I was gonna make a topic but this seems easier)

So Wave 4 will have Knight Mare & Knight Light figure singles.

I have dark, but not light pack.

1. Will the light hawk trap be available?
2. Will the Sunscraper Spire level itself be available?

Thanks in advance!
---
now its time to get funky
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#55 Posted: 20:21:16 24/01/2015
the stuff that they sell in the adventure packs dont get sold separately, only thing sold separately will be the figurine if it get a legendary variant. so if you want the adventure packs buy them when you see them, because later it can be very difficult to get.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Swap Force Fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 4095
#56 Posted: 20:39:51 24/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: GhostRoaster
Quote: Swap Force Fan

They are not canceled...and no there is no additional hidden cost preventing them from producing them. Much of it I think has to do with inventory season.

I believe that they are, check your local stores that sell Skylanders and ask them about their stocks on the Light & Dark Expansion Packs.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#57 Posted: 20:44:23 24/01/2015
Quote: xXBeavcoonXx
I just have one question (I was gonna make a topic but this seems easier)

So Wave 4 will have Knight Mare & Knight Light figure singles.

I have dark, but not light pack.

1. Will the light hawk trap be available?
2. Will the Sunscraper Spire level itself be available?

Thanks in advance!

1. we don't know. maybe.
2. probably not.
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#58 Posted: 20:59:29 24/01/2015
I just checked the Walmart ad for next week and it lists the light and dark packs for $29.96 each. It's got pictures and all of these supposedly "discontinued" items smilie
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#59 Posted: 22:32:53 24/01/2015
Quote: CountMoneyBone
the stuff that they sell in the adventure packs dont get sold separately, only thing sold separately will be the figurine if it get a legendary variant. so if you want the adventure packs buy them when you see them, because later it can be very difficult to get.

Both Knight Light and Knight Mare will be available in singles, as a part of Wave 4, according to myskylanders.de.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:37:55 24/01/2015 by Drek95
Firestar982 Green Sparx Gems: 160
#60 Posted: 01:47:34 25/01/2015
Quote: ninja9351
Nope it's just another idiot who doesn't know what he is talking about. Just go to TRU, they will almost certainly have them there.

mine never has them the only place I can get them is target
---
Spirtwings
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#61 Posted: 02:04:55 25/01/2015

Wrong. Wind-Up and Pop Thorn were released as single figures in the US (granted, months after the APs released). While they're the only characters that's happened with, they also happen to be most recent, besides those from TT (and even then, Blades is in a triple pack, which could possibly imply that they plan to release him in a single at some point).
Kevinvert Gold Sparx Gems: 2146
#62 Posted: 02:50:03 25/01/2015
Hopefully they will return
---
Team Hot Dog!
GinjaNinja Gold Sparx Gems: 2604
#63 Posted: 03:54:19 25/01/2015
Quote: Arc of Archives

Wrong. Wind-Up and Pop Thorn were released as single figures in the US (granted, months after the APs released). While they're the only characters that's happened with, they also happen to be most recent, besides those from TT (and even then, Blades is in a triple pack, which could possibly imply that they plan to release him in a single at some point).

I'm assuming he meant the magic items or adventure pieces.
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#64 Posted: 04:00:25 25/01/2015
Well, he referred to Legendary Déjà Vu, ssooo...
#65 Posted: 05:13:04 25/01/2015
Both packs have been on sale quite a bit on Amazon this past week and for hours at a time. I really don't have any pity for those who complain they don't have these in a few weeks if the supply does happen to dry up. FYI - many retail stores still have supply of these regardless of what info has been thrown out there by employees on these possibly being discontinued.
WickedRogue Gold Sparx Gems: 2725
#66 Posted: 12:37:42 25/01/2015
I really doubt they would stop selling the most popular item right now....
---
Elite Skystones Set Complete.
#67 Posted: 13:44:38 25/01/2015
Quote: GinjaNinja
Quote: Arc of Archives

I'm assuming he meant the magic items or adventure pieces.

yes i meant the magic items, adventure pieces.. i referred to Legendary Déjà Vu as a possibility figures could be released. but usually the figures have a limited run and may not show up a place near you. so sitting around and waiting is not a smart thing to do if you want it.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
TTD Hunter Gems: 6169
#68 Posted: 13:59:57 25/01/2015
Maybe we could end up getting something like this:
[User Posted Image]
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#69 Posted: 14:28:26 25/01/2015
Quote: TTD
[User Posted Image]

Wouldn't be a bad idea, obviously, not at 30$.
Maybe 25?
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#70 Posted: 15:03:33 25/01/2015
[User Posted Image]

we can hope but its very unlikely.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
ExcitonKnight Gold Sparx Gems: 2745
#71 Posted: 15:22:57 25/01/2015
^Thats a good idea, but what about people that have one but not the other like I do?
---
Merry Christmas ya filthy animal
#72 Posted: 15:43:37 25/01/2015
Quote: ExcitonKnight
^Thats a good idea, but what about people that have one but not the other like I do?

why make it difficult for yourself?.. just go buy the other missing adventure pack while you can, and your problem is solved.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
xXBeavcoonXx Gold Sparx Gems: 2628
#73 Posted: 18:40:57 25/01/2015

why make it difficult for yourself?.. just go buy the other missing adventure pack while you can, and your problem is solved.

What if the store doesnt have it

What if you dont want to spend $100 on it online

What if the weather is bad and you cant get out of the house

What if youre busy with a job or other responsibility

What if youre too busy making lists
---
now its time to get funky
ExcitonKnight Gold Sparx Gems: 2745
#74 Posted: 18:55:08 25/01/2015

Every store I've went to, its sold out. I go any chance I get and NOTHING.
---
Merry Christmas ya filthy animal
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5683
#75 Posted: 19:12:56 25/01/2015
Well, I can say that Amazon is every-so-often getting shipments. The prices are usually about 50 bucks, but sometimes they drop back down to 30. Just saying...
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
#76 Posted: 20:08:42 25/01/2015

Every store I've went to, its sold out. I go any chance I get and NOTHING.

okay i see, your not alone on that boat. have you looked at amazon or other online places?.. that may be your only choice.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
LoveProfusion15 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1701
#77 Posted: 20:52:05 25/01/2015
I just ordered both packs on Amazon for 29.99 each. So just keep looking.
goldenrushducks Yellow Sparx Gems: 1572
#78 Posted: 22:40:42 25/01/2015
That guy at gamestop could have told you that as he doesn't want you or customers to buy any. Some gamestop employees are scalpers so if they have stock of a rare item, they'll buy it and sell it later on ebay for a highly inflated price.

my Manager swiped my riot shield shredder. smilie
#79 Posted: 23:24:39 25/01/2015
Quote: zookinator
Well, I can say that Amazon is every-so-often getting shipments. The prices are usually about 50 bucks, but sometimes they drop back down to 30. Just saying...

Amazon has always sold it for $29.99 when available. You're looking at 3rd party sellers if it's $50. I can't believe there are still people commenting in this thread that they don't have these adventure packs. If you're actively looking for them, they have been available more times than I can count for $30 at Amazon this past week. Don't whine and complain if you can't find them in a few weeks just because you didn't put in any effort in scanning Amazon a few times a day this past week. Retail stores are hit or miss...some areas are completely cleared out of these and some have plenty out to the point where they're taking up too much space.
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#80 Posted: 00:36:21 26/01/2015
Quote: goldenrushducks
That guy at gamestop could have told you that as he doesn't want you or customers to buy any. Some gamestop employees are scalpers so if they have stock of a rare item, they'll buy it and sell it later on ebay for a highly inflated price.

my Manager swiped my riot shield shredder. smilie

jerk.....
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
#81 Posted: 01:18:48 26/01/2015
im sick of everything being out of stock recently.
---
Team Hot Dog!
#82 Posted: 01:52:47 26/01/2015
Quote: Kevinvert

Every last released Trap Team item other than wave 3 traps has been available on Amazon.com, Target.com, or GameStop.com in the past week. Light packs, dark packs, Kaos trap bundles, wave 1 figures, wave 2 figures, wave 3 figures...you name it and it's been on sale online without a markup. Maybe you need to expand your reaches online of you're sick of "everything" being out of stock recently. I'll admit that it's been MUCH harder to take advantage of retail store sales with Trap Team than it was with Swap Force due to lack of in-store Trap Team selection, but it's not like figures are unattainable.
#83 Posted: 02:20:42 26/01/2015
Quote: mastermc54

Every last released Trap Team item other than wave 3 traps has been available on Amazon.com, Target.com, or GameStop.com in the past week. Light packs, dark packs, Kaos trap bundles, wave 1 figures, wave 2 figures, wave 3 figures...you name it and it's been on sale online without a markup. Maybe you need to expand your reaches online of you're sick of "everything" being out of stock recently. I'll admit that it's been MUCH harder to take advantage of retail store sales with Trap Team than it was with Swap Force due to lack of in-store Trap Team selection, but it's not like figures are unattainable.

ive just meant in general. Ive had troubles with amiibos and gamecube adapters too
---
Team Hot Dog!
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#84 Posted: 02:57:12 26/01/2015

A few of the items are much more miss than hit. I can see people being frustrated especially if they only can shop locally for whatever reason. My local spots are tragedies. This lull here in January seems much more pronounced than last year I definitely agree.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:57:50 26/01/2015 by GhostRoaster
WickedRogue Gold Sparx Gems: 2725
#85 Posted: 03:14:43 26/01/2015
So first people don't want to pay the retail price of 30 for them. Yet now people are willing to shell out 50. wow
---
Elite Skystones Set Complete.
#86 Posted: 03:40:37 26/01/2015
Quote: WickedRogue
So first people don't want to pay the retail price of 30 for them. Yet now people are willing to shell out 50. wow

Supply and demand economics at work my friend. I think $7 is too much for a trap, yet people were paying $50 each for Kaos traps around the holidays....they've just now come down to $40 or so since supply has been increased and lots of stores are getting them in. Kaos traps should be down to $20 or less on EBay in a month or so.
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#87 Posted: 11:34:55 26/01/2015
Poor form activision. I have no idea why they would do this.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Friendzie Blue Sparx Gems: 611
#88 Posted: 00:46:40 27/01/2015
I don't know if this is true or not, but I do doubt it. For some reason, people at these stores often don't know what they're talking about. The electronics guy at my Walmart commented to me that Skylanders is not popular anymore and Infinity was the only thing anyone wanted. I'm sure Infinity is popular but this is the same baloney people said to me years ago: Skylanders is dying, etc. Well, somehow their shelves are always full of different Skylanders products, so either the Skylanders are literally disappearing or someone's still buying them.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:48:16 27/01/2015 by Friendzie
#89 Posted: 01:21:17 27/01/2015
Quote: Friendzie
I don't know if this is true or not, but I do doubt it. For some reason, people at these stores often don't know what they're talking about. The electronics guy at my Walmart commented to me that Skylanders is not popular anymore and Infinity was the only thing anyone wanted. I'm sure Infinity is popular but this is the same baloney people said to me years ago: Skylanders is dying, etc. Well, somehow their shelves are always full of different Skylanders products, so either the Skylanders are literally disappearing or someone's still buying them.

I find it amusing as well. The Skylanders stock is rotating and changing well other than the obvious shelf warmers while it seems the Disney Infinity selection is pretty much the same every time I go in since the supply exceeds the demand. Don't people get bored of seeing the same old Disney Infinity figures all in plentiful supply right next to the shelf overloaded with Mario, Peach, and Link Amiibo figures???
#90 Posted: 11:19:54 27/01/2015
Quote: Friendzie

there i have been shops quitting in the skylanders and doing only disney infinity, so there is some truth to his claim...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
DM235 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1678
#91 Posted: 16:23:59 27/01/2015
I know it is anecdotal, but in the shops near me, Skylanders either has the same or larger display area than DI (Target, BestBuy, Walmart, etc). In ToysRUs, they Skylanders display is usually 2x or 3x bigger, and it rivals the amount of space they have for games for each of the consoles (but still no Kaos traps though). I don't think it is going away any time soon.

It would not surprise me though if certain stores make changes to accommodate the customers in their local area.
Czar Mania Ripto Gems: 353
#92 Posted: 01:13:56 28/01/2015
Talking to a manager at toys r us I was told activision sent out one shipment on dec 21 and a small shipment of dark and light packs 2 each closer to new years eve after that nothing came back in stock and he told me other managers he talked to have told him the same thing no restock. He also stated that online you can order them but no option for store pick up he thinks that activision is trying to hype the new elements so make them hard to find at first and then flood the market later a possible tactic with the elusive kaos trap.
Metspride129 Green Sparx Gems: 132
#93 Posted: 01:40:18 28/01/2015
i have been to about 12 different stores 2-3 times each since these packs came out, and they have been sold out in every store since. i cant find them anywhere and i'm not shelling out $100 for the 2 packs
---
Been gone a while, but now I'm back. Originator of "I Just Bought" Skylanders thread. going 2+ years strong
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#94 Posted: 02:31:53 28/01/2015
I thought the stores in my area did't have any at all, but the Target I went to had the two packs in the back of the gaming section to my suprise (with Kaboom, Tuff Luck, and Blastermind).

It's weird though. They have wave 1 of trap team in the front mixed in with the last wave of Swap Force.
xxseadragonxx Green Sparx Gems: 276
#95 Posted: 03:22:02 28/01/2015
I was going to post about that myself and I just caught this thread. I'm in Canada but in my area, EB has said it seems they can't get dark or light packs anymore, so they may be discontinued or in shortage. Microplay has said the same, only got a handful right on boxing day and they were sold within an hour and then nothing.

All Target stores are closing here within a couple of weeks so they don't seem to be getting new stock anymore obviously and I've been to 2 TRU and 3 Walmart and not a single dark or light pack to be found, sadly. This is terrible. smilie
samuraituretsky Yellow Sparx Gems: 1430
#96 Posted: 04:00:36 28/01/2015
If anyone happens to be in or near the Dallas, TX area, there are 3-4 each of both the light and dark packs at the Target on Montfort and 635.
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie
davidm4400 Green Sparx Gems: 466
#97 Posted: 03:02:29 29/01/2015
I just managed to pick up a dark pack at target now I don't need to worry about not getting smilie and I already have the light one some I'm all good!
---
Characters left for SA, SG, and SW: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie andsmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:03:15 29/01/2015 by davidm4400
BP Blue Sparx Gems: 631
#98 Posted: 19:05:57 04/02/2015
Just FYI: I was just able to order a new shipment of light and dark packs from Activision, so they are not currently discontinued.
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#99 Posted: 17:36:38 05/02/2015
That's great to hear, BP. Now all that's left for the wave is smilie & smilie
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
ultyzaus Yellow Sparx Gems: 1700
#100 Posted: 17:54:39 05/02/2015
Quote: zookinator

Amazon has always sold it for $29.99 when available. You're looking at 3rd party sellers if it's $50. I can't believe there are still people commenting in this thread that they don't have these adventure packs. If you're actively looking for them, they have been available more times than I can count for $30 at Amazon this past week. Don't whine and complain if you can't find them in a few weeks just because you didn't put in any effort in scanning Amazon a few times a day this past week. Retail stores are hit or miss...some areas are completely cleared out of these and some have plenty out to the point where they're taking up too much space.

All the Skylanders merchandise I see on Amazon.com is not available to ship to my location. I was lucky enough to find the dark pack, but not the Sunscraper Spire...
---
http://ultyzarus.deviantart.com/
223/254, 17 superchargers, 14 vehicles
Characters missing: Rocky Roll, Splat, Nightfall, Thrillipede
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me