Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Site Help and Suggestions > Hunter Applications Are Now Closed - Revealed
First | Previous | Page 3 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5
Hunter Applications Are Now Closed - Revealed [CLOSED]
azz01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#101 Posted: 20:24:50 15/01/2015
Off topic:I like the new blue [Announcement] font.
---
Call me the penguin man for that is who I am. Also stan LOOΠΔ!
Iblistech Platinum Sparx Gems: 5099
#102 Posted: 22:32:22 15/01/2015
Quote: gillgrunt987
As one of the original Hunters, I wish applicants good luck in their applications and if they are picked, then I hope they do a good job!

Thanks, and good luck everyone! smilie Oh, and I've applied as well.
---
Hail to the King, baby!
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#103 Posted: 22:53:29 15/01/2015
I'm not going to Apply because I've only been here for about 2 months or so. I wouldn't get it if I applied!
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#104 Posted: 23:32:54 15/01/2015
I applied. Good luck to all of you.

Like Cynderfan said, I doubt I would make the positions, but if I do, I will do everything in my power to keep the users safe and preserve the peace around here.

Thanks to all the users who wished us luck!
---
My life is complete.
Troll Slug Ripto Gems: 2054
#105 Posted: 00:58:42 17/01/2015
Quote: MagicFizz
I applied. Good luck to all of you.

Like Cynderfan said, I doubt I would make the positions, but if I do, I will do everything in my power to keep the users safe and preserve the peace around here.

Thanks to all the users who wished us luck!

This.
whirlwind fan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5748
#106 Posted: 02:57:47 17/01/2015
Why not give it a try? Hmm.

I think it's a great opportunity, as much as I spend a lot of time on this forum, I wouldn't mind to moderate it. Good luck to all other users who do get the job, and hopefully you do use the power wisely. I really don't know if I will get the position, but I'm definitely going to admit, some people won't be very happy with me applying. But I will do everything to keep darkSpyro up and going and safe. Xx.

I do moderate a few other sites as well as being an admin on my own, I believe I'm very active here, and I'm online all the time, definitely more then an hour each every day. I prefer to keep myself as a private user then a public, but if I do get the position I'm certain to reply to people ASAP.

There is no one here that I wouldn't like to get the role, I'm happy if anyone gets the role, and uses it wisely and isn't that type of person that will ban or gnorc someone for their first mistake. Hopefully, on the other hand, the picked moderators are willing to give everyone a chance and will be watching over the forum like a hawk, haha.

It's amazing seeing new people as the hunters, as much as the previous hunters are great, I mean I think it's great seeing a difference in the standards of the job.

I myself, do regret all the stuff throughout my younger years on dS, it was my first forum. DarkSpyro is like my 2nd Family, similar to what WillTheWizard said. We can only learn from mistakes, so don't be afraid to make a mistake. It's proved that I've learned from my mistakes and believe I have matured over these years and would love to try this and most definitely contribute in this. Though, I think my reputation around here is all over the place, good and bad. But why not give it a shot, who knows what can happen! But I'm not going to shower negativity on my self...

Good luck to all users who have applied for the job, it's nice to see new users that haven't been previously picked for the job to be applying. I can't wait to see the users that are picked out! I really do hope that when the hunters are announced that no one puts anyone down for the job. Because we can only wait and see their progress. :) Although, hopefully dark picks out a mature, and responsible mod for the job.

And I agree with what MagicFizz and somePerson has stated. It's not about the label, it's about making sure that the users are getting as much help as they can, and make sure they are safe and wealthy around here. Good luck my friends. Cheers.

Peace to all.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 12:06:33 17/01/2015 by whirlwind fan
skygrin Blue Sparx Gems: 852
#107 Posted: 12:25:35 17/01/2015
Quote: WilltheWizard
Wow. I applied because I can handle the responsibility. I alright moderate some other forums, so I could definetly do this. Especially since I feel as if smilie is my 2nd family.

Do you think I can do it?
---
smilie gottee
#108 Posted: 14:29:12 17/01/2015
Quote: skygrin
Wow. I applied because I can handle the responsibility. I alright moderate some other forums, so I could definetly do this. Especially since I feel as if smilie is my 2nd family.

It depends, do you think you have the courage? And can take the position responsibly? You shouldn't be asking other users. Well it's alright to get a bit of an opinion, but it's mainly if you think you can handle the job well... Because other people will only judge on what they have seen from you lately. Also it may reflect on if you have had experiences, such as moderating another forum, and you're sorta used to it.

But I really don't see why not! You should believe in yourself and let nothing get to the worse of you. Also I'm not forcing you to apply, because a mod is here to keep the community safe, not just for no reason. So if you think you're mature enough for the role then apply!

Cheers.
paddyfitz Gold Sparx Gems: 2242
#109 Posted: 15:08:54 17/01/2015
I'm not gonna bother applying, I wouldn't be able to handle the responsibility
---
Black lives matter, love is love, trans men are men and trans women are women!!!
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#110 Posted: 15:10:59 17/01/2015
I have no problem to be a mod because I'm here like 6-7 hours a day xD I love this site!
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:11:24 17/01/2015 by Buuzer
#111 Posted: 15:16:45 17/01/2015
Quote: Buuzer
I have no problem to be a mod because I'm here like 6-7 hours a day xD I love this site!

_ _ _
WilltheWizard Yellow Sparx Gems: 1779
#112 Posted: 15:41:41 17/01/2015
Quote: skygrin

Well, you have been here for only 2-3 months. And then there was that topic "Everyone" where people got mad at you. Just know this Skygrin. IT IS A HUGE responsibility. You will have to be on ALOT.
---
Spread those positive vibes
blackout3000 Blue Sparx Gems: 568
#113 Posted: 19:34:23 17/01/2015
I wanna apply

so if I do get hunter than I promise that I will delete all inappropriate messages be a more active user and gnorc people who have been adding extremely inappropriate things constantly and I am willing to be a hunter on the stuff and nonesense or trap team section on the forum and I will help to make this a more kid friendly site because most sky lander fans are kids as well as spyro fans alike

There that is my application and good luck to all who applied

Quote: whirlwind fan

I think it's a great opportunity, as much as I spend a lot of time on this forum, I wouldn't mind to moderate it. Good luck to all other users who do get the job, and hopefully you do use the power wisely. I really don't know if I will get the position, but I'm definitely going to admit, some people won't be very happy with me applying. But I will do everything to keep darkSpyro up and going and safe. Xx.

I do moderate a few other sites as well as being an admin on my own, I believe I'm very active here, and I'm online all the time, definitely more then an hour each every day. I prefer to keep myself as a private user then a public, but if I do get the position I'm certain to reply to people ASAP.

There is no one here that I wouldn't like to get the role, I'm happy if anyone gets the role, and uses it wisely and isn't that type of person that will ban or gnorc someone for their first mistake. Hopefully, on the other hand, the picked moderators are willing to give everyone a chance and will be watching over the forum like a hawk, haha.

It's amazing seeing new people as the hunters, as much as the previous hunters are great, I mean I think it's great seeing a difference in the standards of the job.

I myself, do regret all the stuff throughout my younger years on dS, it was my first forum. DarkSpyro is like my 2nd Family, similar to what WillTheWizard said. We can only learn from mistakes, so don't be afraid to make a mistake. It's proved that I've learned from my mistakes and believe I have matured over these years and would love to try this and most definitely contribute in this. Though, I think my reputation around here is all over the place, good and bad. But why not give it a shot, who knows what can happen! But I'm not going to shower negativity on my self...

Good luck to all users who have applied for the job, it's nice to see new users that haven't been previously picked for the job to be applying. I can't wait to see the users that are picked out! I really do hope that when the hunters are announced that no one puts anyone down for the job. Because we can only wait and see their progress. smilie Although, hopefully dark picks out a mature, and responsible mod for the job.

And I agree with what MagicFizz and somePerson has stated. It's not about the label, it's about making sure that the users are getting as much help as they can, and make sure they are safe and wealthy around here. Good luck my friends. Cheers.

Peace to all.

Hi I have applied also hope we both get to be hunters
---
wA HA HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 01:36:05 26/01/2015 by blackout3000
gillgrunt987 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7369
#114 Posted: 20:05:06 17/01/2015
Quote: blackout3000
I wanna apply

so if I do get hunter than I promise that I will delete all inappropriate messages be a more active user and gnorc people who have been adding extremely inappropriate things constantly and I am willing to be a hunter on any section on the forum and I will help to make this a more kid friendly site because most sky lander fans are kids as well as spyro fans alike

Did you use the form on the first post?
---
I can survive scalding hot coffee and being whipped for 24 hours a day. Digestive biscuits or riot.
#115 Posted: 22:47:45 17/01/2015
Quote: blackout3000
I wanna apply

so if I do get hunter than I promise that I will delete all inappropriate messages be a more active user and gnorc people who have been adding extremely inappropriate things constantly and I am willing to be a hunter on any section on the forum and I will help to make this a more kid friendly site because most sky lander fans are kids as well as spyro fans alike

Good luck to all users who have applied for the job, it's nice to see new users that haven't been previously picked for the job to be applying. I can't wait to see the users that are picked out! I really do hope that when the hunters are announced that no one puts anyone down for the job. Because we can only wait and see their progress. :) Although, hopefully dark picks out a mature, and responsible mod for the job.

Peace to all.

Hi I have applied also hope we both get to be hunters

Thanks, same with you. :)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:47:58 17/01/2015 by whirlwind fan
#116 Posted: 12:44:30 18/01/2015
Remember...it's not the title or power...it's what you do.
#117 Posted: 12:49:56 18/01/2015
Quote: Troll Slug

Yes, I couldn't agree more with your statement. :)
Iblistech Platinum Sparx Gems: 5099
#118 Posted: 06:59:36 19/01/2015

Exactly. I also agree with this.
---
Hail to the King, baby!
drobot007 Green Sparx Gems: 390
#119 Posted: 22:14:13 19/01/2015
Dark52 I won't post any more off topic things if I become hunter. I will delete any body off topic conversations and I get 4 stars on the Golden Queen level.
Please make me hunter.
---
Add me on Fortnite: ElmoCaused911
#120 Posted: 22:16:36 19/01/2015
Quote: drobot007
Dark52 I won't post any more off topic things if I become hunter. I will delete any body off topic conversations and I get 4 stars on the Golden Queen level.
Please make me hunter.

I don't think it's the best idea to plead to be a hunter. And I mean, you cannot just change dramatically. Also if you want to apply, you need to have at least 100 gems, or be a green sparx +over.
#121 Posted: 00:12:50 20/01/2015
Please make me hunter.

I don't think it's the best idea to plead to be a hunter. And I mean, you cannot just change dramatically. Also if you want to apply, you need to have at least 100 gems, or be a green sparx +over.

Plus you have to be responsible already, the Golden Queen thing doesn't matter, and there's also an application.
Grimslinger91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#122 Posted: 00:42:25 20/01/2015
I'll skip this one. I'll wait for the next one when I have spent more time on this site.
#123 Posted: 01:19:42 20/01/2015
Please make me hunter.

Plus you have to be responsible already, the Golden Queen thing doesn't matter, and there's also an application.

Exactly...How do we prove your maturity levels are high? Also asking to be a hunter decreases your chances.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#124 Posted: 02:07:08 20/01/2015
Uh, you do know you're welcome to ask existing Hunters questions, right? Pretty sure there isn't any rule against that for this application. <.>
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#125 Posted: 03:36:35 20/01/2015
Quote: HIR
Uh, you do know you're welcome to ask existing Hunters questions, right? Pretty sure there isn't any rule against that for this application. <.>

Exactly, ask us some questions; we won't bite. xP
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#126 Posted: 12:31:52 20/01/2015
Quote: Matteomax

I will, when I get questions. smilie
Medicus Gold Sparx Gems: 2405
#127 Posted: 18:19:26 20/01/2015

Is being a hunter worth the time and work to help the fourms?
---
Hello There, Old Friends!
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#128 Posted: 19:00:31 20/01/2015
Quote: Medicus

That kind of sounds like "do I get something out of it for everything I put in?", the answer to which is no.
#129 Posted: 19:53:47 20/01/2015
Quote: bionicle2809

That kind of sounds like "do I get something out of it for everything I put in?", the answer to which is no.

Not what I meant but okay....
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:57:19 20/01/2015 by Medicus
Samius Hunter Gems: 9242
#130 Posted: 21:30:29 20/01/2015

Okay, so.. I'm not a Hunter but allow me to explain.

I'm sure you're already aware of the fact that the position of a Hunter is a volunteer position, meaning that you get nothing concrete out of it. You become a moderator willingly, and work for free willingly.

However, whether you would enjoy being a Hunter or not is completely up to you.
Even if your personal reasons for wanting the position were excellent, it is nonetheless a responsibility. You would have to sacrifice your own free time on your own initiative, to complete tasks which may not always be of any personal interest to you, and at least some of them would probably feel very tedious.
If you personally find some sort of meaning and sense of fulfillment in this small sacrifice, then it would probably feel like an awesome job.

As for their importance. From what he has stated before, dark52 could not effectively moderate the whole forum without the help of Hunters. So yes, from that point of view it is very much worth it.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:31:11 20/01/2015 by Samius
#131 Posted: 21:56:27 20/01/2015
Quote: Samius

Okay, so.. I'm not a Hunter but allow me to explain.

I'm sure you're already aware of the fact that the position of a Hunter is a volunteer position, meaning that you get nothing concrete out of it. You become a moderator willingly, and work for free willingly.

However, whether you would enjoy being a Hunter or not is completely up to you.
Even if your personal reasons for wanting the position were excellent, it is nonetheless a responsibility. You would have to sacrifice your own free time on your own initiative, to complete tasks which may not always be of any personal interest to you, and at least some of them would probably feel very tedious.
If you personally find some sort of meaning and sense of fulfillment in this small sacrifice, then it would probably feel like an awesome job.

As for their importance. From what he has stated before, dark52 could not effectively moderate the whole forum without the help of Hunters. So yes, from that point of view it is very much worth it.

That is more what I meant. Thank you.
---
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#132 Posted: 22:20:36 20/01/2015

I didn't really know what you meant, which is why I said 'sounds like'
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#133 Posted: 23:15:22 20/01/2015

...Well that's kind of a bit complicated. Yes, it does feel nice to help out the forums when an issue arises. But I don't generally consider it a good thing when a topic needs to be closed or posts need to be moderated. But I know a lot of users have close online friends in other members, so if I'm helping those friendships along, I guess that's a pretty good thing.

But that's just my take on it. *shrug*
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#134 Posted: 13:44:33 21/01/2015
Decided to drop out.School got really intense lately.While I would have loved to possibly be a hunter(even though I never saw it happening) and good luck to everyone.Not long left.
---
Pain yatta Green Sparx Gems: 373
#135 Posted: 18:05:36 21/01/2015
I'll have a go smilie
---
Minis are so cute smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Its the 3 frito lay smiliesmiliesmilie
SpyroinDraenor Blue Sparx Gems: 771
#136 Posted: 07:44:53 22/01/2015
Please make me hunter.

This made me laugh. You can't become a moderator because of things like stars in Skylanders. It doesn't matter how many games you own, or what you've got. It also doesn't matter if you've got a hundred friends at school or whatever, Being a moderator is about wanting to keep Darkspyro a good place without arguments and without trolls. It's about you taking on the responsibility not for th fun of it or his for the thrill of the ride. It's also about whether you are able to make the necessary decisions without just making your fiends get the best out of it. It's not about begging either. Dark'll choose you depending on whether he thinks you're fit for the role, if he thinks that you have good motives, spen enough time here and are able to mak the right deodorants at the right time.
#137 Posted: 12:23:49 22/01/2015
Quote: SpyroinDraenor
Please make me hunter.

This made me laugh. You can't become a moderator because of things like stars in Skylanders. It doesn't matter how many games you own, or what you've got. It also doesn't matter if you've got a hundred friends at school or whatever, Being a moderator is about wanting to keep Darkspyro a good place without arguments and without trolls. It's about you taking on the responsibility not for th fun of it or his for the thrill of the ride. It's also about whether you are able to make the necessary decisions without just making your fiends get the best out of it. It's not about begging either. Dark'll choose you depending on whether he thinks you're fit for the role, if he thinks that you have good motives, spend enough time here and are able to make the right deodorants at the right time.

I agree, but what?
gillgrunt987 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7369
#138 Posted: 19:32:47 22/01/2015
Please make me hunter.

This made me laugh. You can't become a moderator because of things like stars in Skylanders. It doesn't matter how many games you own, or what you've got. It also doesn't matter if you've got a hundred friends at school or whatever, Being a moderator is about wanting to keep Darkspyro a good place without arguments and without trolls. It's about you taking on the responsibility not for th fun of it or his for the thrill of the ride. It's also about whether you are able to make the necessary decisions without just making your fiends get the best out of it. It's not about begging either. Dark'll choose you depending on whether he thinks you're fit for the role, if he thinks that you have good motives, spend enough time here and are able to make the right deodorants at the right time.

I agree, but what?

-----
---
I can survive scalding hot coffee and being whipped for 24 hours a day. Digestive biscuits or riot.
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7699
#139 Posted: 22:58:54 22/01/2015
Please make me hunter.

This made me laugh. You can't become a moderator because of things like stars in Skylanders. It doesn't matter how many games you own, or what you've got. It also doesn't matter if you've got a hundred friends at school or whatever, Being a moderator is about wanting to keep Darkspyro a good place without arguments and without trolls. It's about you taking on the responsibility not for th fun of it or his for the thrill of the ride. It's also about whether you are able to make the necessary decisions without just making your fiends get the best out of it. It's not about begging either. Dark'll choose you depending on whether he thinks you're fit for the role, if he thinks that you have good motives, spen enough time here and are able to mak the right deodorants at the right time.

just...this whole thing is going in my guestbook
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
ShadowMewX Diamond Sparx Gems: 8067
#140 Posted: 23:12:45 22/01/2015
I'm pretty sure he meant decisions, but great. smilie
---
Let's bust bunsen burners and bounce!
Rickorio Gold Sparx Gems: 2463
#141 Posted: 00:10:50 23/01/2015
Quote: ShadowMewX

Nope, I definitely thought he meant depressants.

Crap...meant deodorants.
Eh, too lazy to fix.
---
#hu
#142 Posted: 00:51:55 23/01/2015
I just hope the mods will effect our site in a positive way.
#143 Posted: 14:03:50 23/01/2015
3 more days.
---
SpyroinDraenor Blue Sparx Gems: 771
#144 Posted: 20:18:22 23/01/2015
Quote: Rickorio
Quote: ShadowMewX

Nope, I definitely thought he meant depressants.

Crap...meant deodorants.
Eh, too lazy to fix.

Wow, the biggest troll is definitely autocorrect. I wrote that on my iPhone and the autocorrect on those is a monster. I meant decisions. smilie
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#145 Posted: 05:05:30 24/01/2015
Best of luck to those that applied (myself included).
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
SpyroD Emerald Sparx Gems: 4926
#146 Posted: 06:26:37 24/01/2015
As a hunter myself, I welcome those to the rank. I must inform you of the level of responsibility, depending on the site activity, can be a bit odd at times. I've had people come to me for Mod. assistance and with my investigation the person reporting the incident was a source of the problem(so you might have to dig a little to find what you need to make an accurate decision), let alone a senior(now gone) member to the site who, at multiple points, was targeted for no reason. Being able to understand users who, English is not their first language(one I would like to call myself a friend of was Gary(I'm not sure if he still gets on or not)), or their are younger than you. So you will need to be open minded about certain things= "analyze before you criticize"

If you have questions about being a hunter, you can message other hunters who have been hunters longer, or you can go to the hidden topic of the forum, "The Hunting Ground" for hunter based topics including other useful information(lol, that of which I did not supply anyway)
---
"How will you feel when you're left behind? Everyone leaves, it's just a matter of time." 12115-PrinceW.
drobot007 Green Sparx Gems: 390
#147 Posted: 11:32:50 24/01/2015
I know I am new but I have been treated badly at school and stuff so I won't be mean to anyone.
---
Add me on Fortnite: ElmoCaused911
xXBeavcoonXx Gold Sparx Gems: 2628
#148 Posted: 12:48:00 24/01/2015
I know I am new but I have been treated badly at school and stuff so I won't be mean to anyone.

Dude... just no...

1. Personal problems won't affect your chances
2. You need 100+ gems
3. Pleading will make your chances even worse

Now please stop begging for a position you are unable to get and go 4 star the Kaos level or something.
---
now its time to get funky
#149 Posted: 02:23:48 25/01/2015
Quote: xXBeavcoonXx

Dude... just no...

1. Personal problems won't affect your chances
2. You need 100+ gems
3. Pleading will make your chances even worse

Now please stop begging for a position you are unable to get and go 4 star the Kaos level or something.

3rd: As I was saying.
-----------
First | Previous | Page 3 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me