darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Is Activison going to the New York Toy Fair 2015 to Announce SKYLANDERS 5
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Is Activison going to the New York Toy Fair 2015 to Announce SKYLANDERS 5 [CLOSED]
gillgrunt32 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3283
#1 Posted: 00:24:12 11/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Is Activison going to the New York Toy Fair 2015 to Announce SKYLANDERS 5!. And what Toy Fair Exclusive do you think they will have My guess is Red Hot Tussel Sprout
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#2 Posted: 00:28:51 11/01/2015
Most likely.

Mmmh... Could be... Or they could give away Blackout and Spotlight, and officially release them.

It would be much more appreciated.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#3 Posted: 00:39:57 11/01/2015
Quote: Drek95
Most likely.

Mmmh... Could be... Or they could give away Blackout and Spotlight, and officially release them.

This.
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13842
#4 Posted: 00:42:43 11/01/2015
If the floor plan on the Toy Fair website is anything to go by then Activision aren't going to have much of a presence there at all this year, they seem to have a meeting room and that's it.
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#5 Posted: 00:45:31 11/01/2015
Quote: dark52
If the floor plan on the Toy Fair website is anything to go by then Activision aren't going to have much of a presence there at all this year, they seem to have a meeting room and that's it.

NOOOOOOOOOOO
SkylandersEzra Emerald Sparx Gems: 3659
#6 Posted: 00:55:17 11/01/2015
Yeah, I'm not expecting anything big at Toy Fair this year.

Last year they shifted the big announcement to E3. I expect the same this year.
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#7 Posted: 01:34:34 11/01/2015
Quote: SkylandersEzra
Yeah, I'm not expecting anything big at Toy Fair this year.

Last year they shifted the big announcement to E3. I expect the same this year.

This.
Don't expect much. :D
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#8 Posted: 01:35:55 11/01/2015
Most likely.

Or they could do both smilie
#9 Posted: 01:37:10 11/01/2015

Well this is... Extremely disappointing.

I thought last year was only a "last minute" delay...

So they are not using the Toy Fair as a launch pad anymore...?
I was really looking forward to mid-February, for the Skylanders 5 reveal...
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#10 Posted: 02:05:31 11/01/2015
It does seem we spend 80% of our time speculating about the game....there's been very little actual talk about the game itself. I'll have my full frontal review shortly.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#11 Posted: 02:10:17 11/01/2015
Quote: GhostRoaster
It does seem we spend 80% of our time speculating about the game....there's been very little actual talk about the game itself. I'll have my full frontal review shortly.

I prefer to play with it, once it is released. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#12 Posted: 02:32:23 11/01/2015
I really hope that Steampunk Shrednaught comes from inside Tech Tiki (Tech Totem) Traps and Red Hot Tussel Spout from Earth Hourglass (Dust of Time) Traps.
frightrider64 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1744
#13 Posted: 03:29:18 11/01/2015
If Steampunk Shrednaught is an toyfair exclusive, I an going to have a problem.
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#14 Posted: 03:41:50 11/01/2015
They might just show off the Wave 4 characters like how they showed off Trap Shadow and Freeze Blade last year, and maybe give out either Steampunk Shrednaught or Red Hot Tussle Sprout.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#15 Posted: 04:05:17 11/01/2015
Quote: AdamGregory03
They might just show off the Wave 4 characters like how they showed off Trap Shadow and Freeze Blade last year, and maybe give out either Steampunk Shrednaught or Red Hot Tussle Sprout.

Just like last year, they don't want any of the attention to divert from Trap Team until they've taken all of our money. So correct, they will talk about wave 4 and variant stuff well until March/April. I really don't expect even a whisper about the new game until after then.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
skylander_chaos Blue Sparx Gems: 825
#16 Posted: 04:23:21 11/01/2015
Only time will tell, as always!
---
Our collection : every Skylander, Infinity, Trap and Amiibo to date!
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#17 Posted: 04:42:30 11/01/2015
I wouldn't even need to see what the next game would be like as long as we maybe get a feel for wave 4 like last year. Though it may have been a different event, we still got to see some characters that were never out where ever that place was. We saw smilie smilie and even the Easter Skylanders. I just want smilie to come out soon.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#18 Posted: 12:19:03 11/01/2015
I doubt they will be giving out any traps as an event exclusive. I suppose it's cheaper than creating a uniquely painted figure, but the special event figures typical don't put extra work on the developers, don't look different in game. They are basically chase variants.

I know they gave a trap at E3, but I think that was done to hype the trap mechanic. Hopefully, they're done with that.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#19 Posted: 13:03:55 11/01/2015

Quote: ZapNorris

NOOOOOOOOOOO

Now fellas, this doesn't mean Acti won't show it (But it likely does). There is still a chance they will join and show off Sky 5.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#20 Posted: 16:02:42 11/01/2015

Just like last year, they don't want any of the attention to divert from Trap Team until they've taken all of our money. So correct, they will talk about wave 4 and variant stuff well until March/April. I really don't expect even a whisper about the new game until after then.

Unless they do another contest, like the Frito Lay one, that teases some new characters.

Quote: HeyitsHotDog

Quote: ZapNorris

NOOOOOOOOOOO

Now fellas, this doesn't mean Acti won't show it (But it likely does). There is still a chance they will join and show off Sky 5.

I understand that, but still, I was almost completely sure they were going to announce it at the Toy Fair, before dark52 wrote that information.

Now I'm 98% sure it won't happen...

I think this says a lot...
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#21 Posted: 17:12:02 11/01/2015
Last year, they stated that they did not want to give the competition a heads up on what they were planning. I don't think the situation has changed much from last year.
wideawakewesley Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#22 Posted: 23:28:40 11/01/2015
Quote: melvimbe
Last year, they stated that they did not want to give the competition a heads up on what they were planning. I don't think the situation has changed much from last year.

Agreed, I don't think we'll see any announcements. We may however see some more Mega Bloks style leaks.
---
Contributor to Family Gamer TV - http://www.familygamer.tv/
Follow me on twitter - http://www.twitter.com/wideawakewesley
#23 Posted: 23:29:51 11/01/2015
Quote: wideawakewesley

Agreed, I don't think we'll see any announcements. We may however see some more Mega Bloks style leaks.

I thought they discontinued the Mega Bloks line?
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
TTD Hunter Gems: 6169
#24 Posted: 23:39:14 11/01/2015

I'm not sure about a mega bloks or 3rd party leak as I suspect that activision may be a bit more careful and warning 3rd party companies about leaking images. And I also think that they'll do another reveal like they did last year - reveal it around April/ May.
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#25 Posted: 03:01:12 12/01/2015
They'll promote Wave 4. This event is beneath them, so I figure they'll promote it (Skylanders 5) at E3.
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:07:53 12/01/2015 by Insane01
#26 Posted: 03:59:43 12/01/2015
About 20 days away until Quarterly results for Activision...really curious how Trap Team is doing...
---
#27 Posted: 11:32:31 12/01/2015
About 20 days away until Quarterly results for Activision...really curious how Trap Team is doing...

I read somewhere that Amiibo are selling better than both Skylanders and Infinity.

However, I think it's probably just because they are "new and shiny".

Customers on blogs and forum are quite unhappy, because there is nothing much to do with them, as of now.

However, I think game-wise Trap Team is still the top seller, and probably the one with the most positive reviews.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#28 Posted: 12:06:51 12/01/2015

skylanders death knell not far away now...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:07:29 12/01/2015 by CountMoneyBone
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#29 Posted: 12:38:21 12/01/2015
Quote: Insane01
They'll promote Wave 4. This event is beneath them, so I figure they'll promote it (Skylanders 5) at E3.

I doubt E3. More than likely they will make their own event.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
INTIMIDAT3R Blue Sparx Gems: 857
#30 Posted: 12:51:40 12/01/2015
Actually Skylanders 4 & 15/16ths was announced this morning at 0230 hours. ;-)
---
"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."--- 2 Timothy 4:7
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 12:53:13 12/01/2015 by INTIMIDAT3R
nocturnalnathan Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#31 Posted: 13:08:58 12/01/2015

This is exactly what I was thinking. Why would they announce even more new Skylanders stuff when they're not even done releasing everything for the current game? They won't show off Game 5 until all of the Trap Team waves are released, or at least almost finished.
---
"Chicks dig giant robots"
#32 Posted: 13:46:30 12/01/2015

I read somewhere that Amiibo are selling better than both Skylanders and Infinity.

However, I think it's probably just because they are "new and shiny".

Customers on blogs and forum are quite unhappy, because there is nothing much to do with them, as of now.

However, I think game-wise Trap Team is still the top seller, and probably the one with the most positive reviews.

The Amiibro "selling better" is because you have twenty years+ of pent up demand for some toys that can act in some ways digitally. However, they don't do much, production is questionable with their plastic pegs etc. This looks to be one and done unless they actually introduce some actual functionality into the game.

The skylanders "what do we do know" is VERY apparent to me. In under two weeks I'm at level 40 and have wiped the board of everything short of just beating nightmare--which I don't think will take more than a couple of weeks of casual playing. At least with the flawed quests/heroics, I would be churning with my characters for 3 months. So to REMOVE functionality people (in their minds) used to justify the toy's purchases was absolutely stupid. I could use the other 20+ skylanders I didn't use and still wouldn't level up everyone, and there's 20 characters YET TO PURCHASE. Do the math.

Most of the positive reviews seems to be canned words. I don't put much faith in the industry in general in terms of what THEY think in terms of how well the game holds up. That's my job.

Quote: CountMoneyBone

If they continue to use the same formula and not introduce something significant (the gimmick doesn't count--talking about in the game), you are correct.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 13:49:39 12/01/2015 by GhostRoaster
#33 Posted: 19:50:43 12/01/2015
Quote:

If they continue to use the same formula and not introduce something significant (the gimmick doesn't count--talking about in the game), you are correct.

We've already talked about this a lot.

Mario, The Legend of Zelda, Donkey Kong, Pokèmon and Kirby are just some examples of game series that are still keeping their original gameplay, with some innovation now and then, and are still really popular and liked worldwide.

Sure, there are side-series or side-games, not proper spin-offs, such as Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart Pokèpark, Pokèmon Rangers, Pokèmon Rumble, but they are exactly that, side games.

At least a title every year or two is released, for the above franchises, that still keeps the core gameplay, and simply adds a few new features.
Because they work just the way they are.

On the other hand, you have series like Crash, Spyro (no, Skylanders is NOT Spyro), and Rayman that pushed their innovation too far, obtaining either two results:

- they created better games, that only a few people dislike;
- they created worse games, that only a few people like.

Then there is CoD, but that's another story. smilie

SWAP Force is EXACTLY in the middle.

They introduced a lot of innovations, almost making it a non-Skylanders game... But they stopped right before that happened.

I don't want something to be fixed, if it isn't broken.
And Skylanders isn't.

Trap Team might not be the best for you, just like the previous chapter wasn't the best for me, but that doesn't mean this franchise will die with the next installment.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#34 Posted: 20:25:50 12/01/2015
i agree the honeymoon is pretty much over now.. i have no intention to get anymore of the new skylamers from trap team that is for sure.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
wild_defender Green Sparx Gems: 465
#35 Posted: 20:34:39 12/01/2015
I really doubt the franchise will die anytime soon . As far as I can tell more people know what skylanders are now and more people play. And the traps would've made them a bunch of money last year. And as long as it's still making money they are already probably signed for at least 2 more games.

If amiibos have done better, I don't see how they can continue it . They've already release figures of pretty much all their franchises. So when they run out, what are they gonna make? reposes? Make new Nintendo characters? The next thing they have to do is make a amiibo specific game and still no news of that yet. Amiibos are very different to skylanders atm in that they are using characters people already know and have decided if they like them , same as Disney infinite.

skylanders has a bit of an advantage( also a disadvantage I spose) compared to Disney infinity and amiibo in that it's a completely original franchise that they just made up. They can literally keep making new characters and gimmicks for a while. Skylanders arnt based off the retro and nostalgic stories and games, which I think makes them more versatile.
---
Anyone else think Short Cut should be making jokes about running with scissors?
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#36 Posted: 20:35:49 12/01/2015
i agree the honeymoon is pretty much over now.. i have no intention to get anymore of the new skylamers from trap team that is for sure.

inb4 I'm getting this game!!
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#37 Posted: 20:37:24 12/01/2015
Quote: wild_defender
I really doubt the franchise will die anytime soon . As far as I can tell more people know what skylanders are now and more people play. And the traps would've made them a bunch of money last year. And as long as it's still making money they are already probably signed for at least 2 more games.

If amiibos have done better, I don't see how they can continue it . They've already release figures of pretty much all their franchises. So when they run out, what are they gonna make? reposes? Make new Nintendo characters? The next thing they have to do is make a amiibo specific game and still no news of that yet. Amiibos are very different to skylanders atm in that they are using characters people already know and have decided if they like them , same as Disney infinite.

skylanders has a bit of an advantage( also a disadvantage I spose) compared to Disney infinity and amiibo in that it's a completely original franchise that they just made up. They can literally keep making new characters and gimmicks for a while. Skylanders arnt based off the retro and nostalgic stories and games, which I think makes them more versatile.

I'm definitely going to stay with the franchise and i do think it'll last longer than most of us think. Acti might realize what we really want and make sure it's put in the game.
---
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#38 Posted: 21:14:58 12/01/2015
I doubt it,
#39 Posted: 21:23:25 12/01/2015
Quote:

We've already talked about this a lot.

Mario, The Legend of Zelda, Donkey Kong, Pokèmon and Kirby are just some examples of game series that are still keeping their original gameplay, with some innovation now and then, and are still really popular and liked worldwide.

Sure, there are side-series or side-games, not proper spin-offs, such as Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart Pokèpark, Pokèmon Rangers, Pokèmon Rumble, but they are exactly that, side games.

At least a title every year or two is released, for the above franchises, that still keeps the core gameplay, and simply adds a few new features.
Because they work just the way they are.

On the other hand, you have series like Crash, Spyro (no, Skylanders is NOT Spyro), and Rayman that pushed their innovation too far, obtaining either two results:

- they created better games, that only a few people dislike;
- they created worse games, that only a few people like.

Then there is CoD, but that's another story. smilie

SWAP Force is EXACTLY in the middle.

They introduced a lot of innovations, almost making it a non-Skylanders game... But they stopped right before that happened.

I don't want something to be fixed, if it isn't broken.
And Skylanders isn't.

Trap Team might not be the best for you, just like the previous chapter wasn't the best for me, but that doesn't mean this franchise will die with the next installment.

Net/net...it may not be broke, but management's perspective of if it's broke are in the bottom line sales numbers.
---
#40 Posted: 21:35:00 12/01/2015

I'm sorry that you only like a few characters from Trap Team, Count.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
skylanderkids Yellow Sparx Gems: 1999
#41 Posted: 22:10:51 12/01/2015

Did you hear that somewhere or just your guess?

I can confirm there will be no Skylanders Mega Bloks at Toy Fair this year.
---
youtube.com/theskylanderboy
facebook.com/skylanderkids
#42 Posted: 22:14:04 12/01/2015
Just an assumption I checked on the mega Bloks topic and it seemed mostly empty and died down. A lot of people saying "Looks like mega Bloks it's slowly going away."
---
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#43 Posted: 22:48:31 12/01/2015
Since every Skylanders game releases in October and on a Sunday so October 4 2015 or October 11 2015 would be one of the most likely dates

Quote: Insane01

I agree but im thinking they will hold it at there own event like last year.March/April is most likely because wave 4 will most likely be released by then
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:24:14 13/01/2015 by Matteomax
#44 Posted: 23:49:59 12/01/2015
Quote: skylanderkids

Did you hear that somewhere or just your guess?

I can confirm there will be no Skylanders Mega Bloks at Toy Fair this year.

Mmmh... That's a pity...

It could have revealed something...

Do you by chance know if Activision will at least "tease" the game, or something Trap Team related, during it?
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#45 Posted: 23:52:47 12/01/2015
Guys, we'll all just have to wait and see.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#46 Posted: 00:34:54 13/01/2015
So, are we getting anything skylanders at toy fair or no?

EDIT:

[User Posted Image]

they're gonna be there, but i have no idea what this "FE12" thing is.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:41:16 13/01/2015 by ZapNorris
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#47 Posted: 00:57:10 13/01/2015
They're at booth #FE12. It's the location of it.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#48 Posted: 01:12:57 13/01/2015
So it's POSSIBLE, we'll see Sky 5 then? Maybe even likely?
---
#49 Posted: 01:18:28 13/01/2015

This is VV we're talking about. they revealed swap force at toy fair, and i bet they'll do it again.
#50 Posted: 01:18:55 13/01/2015

To me, is more than possible.

It doesn't seem like a small space, and, unless they want to reveal it at a special event, like last year (and that could mean later, but also sooner), I think that is still a big possibility.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:35:54 14/01/2015 by Drek95
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me