darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Trap Team Tablet Controller Question
Page 1 of 1
Trap Team Tablet Controller Question
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#1 Posted: 22:46:22 30/12/2014 | Topic Creator
I tried digging through the various posts on here as well as Googling quite a bit and can't seem to find any definitive answer. Does anyone know if the tablet version's portal will work with/talk to more than one of the controllers at a time? I've read where multiplayer is definitely available via another bluetooth controller and the included controller was confirmed early on as being bluetooth but modified in such a way as to only be able to talk to the portal. I've picked up an additional copy of the tablet version (on its way, not in hand) and will have another controller available but don't want to open it and make it non-returnable if multiplayer won't pan out. Anyone have any experience with this?

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#2 Posted: 05:29:29 31/12/2014
I don't have definitive information, but I thought the first player HAD to use the controller provided with the pack, and the secondary player could be the third party.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
bgnome Green Sparx Gems: 346
#3 Posted: 19:18:26 01/01/2015
Doug,

You may have already figured it out by now, but it looks like you can sync more than one controller per portal.

Quote:
Got two copies and the controllers both work perfectly on one iPad! If you are looking for the cheapest & best two player co-op on tablet, buy two copies... It's half the price of a third party Bluetooth controller by itself.

http://www.amazon.com/review/R...h_res_rtr_alt_5
LightStarStrike Blue Sparx Gems: 609
#4 Posted: 23:02:21 01/01/2015
I bought 2 tablet versions when they were 30$ on Amazon and use the second controller and sold the other game minus the controller on eBay.
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#5 Posted: 13:56:02 02/01/2015
hmm, interesting, I bought one of the $20 tablet versions off Amazon to repackage and resale, but we've been wanting a second controller. I doubt anyone would want to buy Snapshot/Food fight though and I got 3 of both already *sigh*
- Unreall
anubis Green Sparx Gems: 238
#6 Posted: 00:31:27 07/01/2015
has anyone know a list of compatible third party controllers? ...can't find any official info around...
anverc Yellow Sparx Gems: 1342
#7 Posted: 14:33:08 07/01/2015
Quote: anubis
has anyone know a list of compatible third party controllers? ...can't find any official info around...

ANY bluetooth controller that works with your tablet should work with the game.

how to connect:
If you have two blutooth controllers, you can play 2 player. It's slightly different if you've got 2 skylanders controllers as the skylander controller will only connect if the game is in portal mode (to save battery?).

to connect a skylander controller and a 3rd party controller, connect the skylander controller first, then the 3rd party.

to connect two skylander controllers you can either turn them on at the same time and hopefully they both connect, or put too many skylanders on the portal, wait for the "too many skylanders" message and then turn on the 2nd controller.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:33:29 07/01/2015 by anverc
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#8 Posted: 14:41:20 07/01/2015
I've been in the game on my Kindle Fire HD 7 for a while and when I check app stats the game is still about 4gb. Is the device supposed to show the app as consuming 11gb when complete?
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
SkylanderGoo Yellow Sparx Gems: 1195
#9 Posted: 19:54:08 07/01/2015
Quote: Unreallystic
hmm, interesting, I bought one of the $20 tablet versions off Amazon to repackage and resale, but we've been wanting a second controller. I doubt anyone would want to buy Snapshot/Food fight though and I got 3 of both already *sigh*
- Unreall

What do you want for Snapshot and food fight? I only have the dark versions and would like the originals too with the cards and stickers
Yungleader Red Sparx Gems: 22
#10 Posted: 19:59:48 07/01/2015
15$ hhaaaha i am just kidding
---
Skylanders power!!!!!!
Street50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#11 Posted: 15:24:11 08/01/2015
I'm tempted to get the tablet version since it's very cheap now.
I already have this on the playstation 4 and I don't think i'm interested in using the space needed from my any of my tablets to play the game.
But I am interested in the wireless Portal, and the controller.

Can the Controller be used on other games? because that controller looks pretty good for a mobile controller.
Can that Wireless portal be used to bring in skylanders to that Free to play skylanders game? I think it's called Lost Islands.
Can the wireless portal be used on the consoles at all? If i recall the old mobile skylanders thing the wireless portal could actually be used on the PS3. If that be the case sign me up for that.
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#12 Posted: 15:49:25 08/01/2015
I doubt the portal can be used on a home console. 3DS uses IR for it's portals, not bluetooth.

The controller should be usable in other games. It may take some work, but I don't see why not, and yes it is actually a really good controller, great size and accuracy.

As for space, the solution is simple, don't download the premium version. It wil ltake up around 1.3 gigs on initial install, then it will only install characters as you place them on the portal, limiting the amount of space spent on the game. To what extent, I can't say, but I know you don't have to DL 8+ gigs on your tablet.
- Unreall
#13 Posted: 16:16:15 08/01/2015
Quote: Unreallystic
I doubt the portal can be used on a home console. 3DS uses IR for it's portals, not bluetooth.

The controller should be usable in other games. It may take some work, but I don't see why not, and yes it is actually a really good controller, great size and accuracy.

As for space, the solution is simple, don't download the premium version. It wil ltake up around 1.3 gigs on initial install, then it will only install characters as you place them on the portal, limiting the amount of space spent on the game. To what extent, I can't say, but I know you don't have to DL 8+ gigs on your tablet.
- Unreall

and what about that Lost Island game does it automatically add them instead of hunting down the codes?

Anyhow i pretty much have all characters for the game and I have 128gb ipad air but i can't justify putting any of that to a game I already have on the big screen.

If I do get this it's going to be just for the controller, the regular non-dark versions of food fight and snapshot.
it's not hard to get the tablet version for a around 20-30 dollars at the moment.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:23:45 08/01/2015 by Street50
Wolfgang Gold Sparx Gems: 2044
#14 Posted: 18:20:18 08/01/2015
I have a bit of an odd question. Is it possible to sync the Tablet portal to the PS3 version through the PS3's accessory settings?
---
♫Cheap smoke, risin' like a spirit in the- soft glow of a New York street.
No glamour or garb can hide the animal heart inside of me.♫
#15 Posted: 18:40:41 08/01/2015
Quote: Wolfgang
I have a bit of an odd question. Is it possible to sync the Tablet portal to the PS3 version through the PS3's accessory settings?

Unreallystic said he doubted it, still i really liked that feature when in the past that wireless portal that came with the mobile version of skylanders actually did connect to the PS3, it worked for SSA and Giants and I REALLY would like a wireless portal again.
Anyhow i already purchased the tablet edition so i'll be able to answer it in a few days.
anverc Yellow Sparx Gems: 1342
#16 Posted: 22:48:32 09/01/2015
Quote: Street50

Can the Controller be used on other games? because that controller looks pretty good for a mobile controller.

The controller unfortunately can't be used in non Skylander apps. I'm not sure if support was added to the other Skylander apps.
#17 Posted: 16:27:50 11/01/2015
wonder if i should take it back then, I can justify that I bought it for the skylanders after all but I really did just buy it for the controller and for the wireless portal that could also upload those skylanders to lost island.
that controller looks so nice.
But I really have no intentions of playing the game on a tablet when i got the console version.
bettse Red Sparx Gems: 52
#18 Posted: 07:18:13 07/06/2015
The gamepad is just a Bluetooth Low Energy (aka BLE / Bluetooth 4.0) device, so the limits to where it can be used at solely with the application developer. There probably aren't any other apps that use it I'm aware of, though maybe Sky5 will?.

However, you can use it on OS X by using software that connects to it and makes it look like a regular gamepad. Shameless self promotions, I created such a tool based on one for the Xbox bluetooth gamepad: [url]https://github.com/bettse/SkylandersGamePadEnabler[/url] . Someone who knows Windows HID drivers could probably do the same for Windows.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me