First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Spotlight or Blackout?
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#51 Posted: 14:09:53 02/11/2014
I like them both too, I mean they are dragons and Dragons are my favorite type of Skylanders. I like how Blackout is the Skylander version of Vathek.. Thats really cool. And Spotlight, Sure she may be like Whirlwind and Flashwing but hey, Don't complain about that. Just be happy that were actually getting new skylanders! I like Spotlight how shes a angel dragon! But of course if i had to pick one i would choose Blackout
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#52 Posted: 14:24:17 02/11/2014
Quote: Luminous35
I like them both too, I mean they are dragons and Dragons are my favorite type of Skylanders. I like how Blackout is the Skylander version of Vathek.. Thats really cool. And Spotlight, Sure she may be like Whirlwind and Flashwing but hey, Don't complain about that. Just be happy that were actually getting new skylanders! I like Spotlight how shes a angel dragon! But of course if i had to pick one i would choose Blackout

Well, it's not complaining... But, TfB have proven themselves to be able to come up with creative and original characters... And, to be honest, Spotlight looks really similar to Flashwing (with Gearshift color scheme), and it cannot be denied.

That being said, her powers looks quite different, and that's what matters the most. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#53 Posted: 14:35:48 02/11/2014
Yeah i like her Halo Attack!
---
blackout3000 Blue Sparx Gems: 568
#54 Posted: 16:59:33 02/11/2014
Quote: Aura24
To let you guys know, I like both. Spotlight for having an angel-like feel, and Blackout being like the Skylander version of Vathek, who was originally going to be the Undead dragon of SSA.

Wait are you implying that he was supposed to be a skylander or a boss smilie
---
wA HA HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
#55 Posted: 17:01:01 02/11/2014
and by he I meant vathek lol I made a mistake
---
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#56 Posted: 17:13:41 02/11/2014 | Topic Creator
Yes, Vathek was going to be the undead dragon Skylander of SSA but the devs chose Cynder instead.

And please use the edit button, blackout, instead of double posting.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#57 Posted: 17:37:46 02/11/2014
nice I knew they looked were similar
---
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#58 Posted: 17:50:42 02/11/2014
I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw Spotlight and thought 'Flashwing' smilie

Anyhow, Blackout for me. He reminds me of Vathek.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
Fly Spyro Fly Green Sparx Gems: 446
#59 Posted: 21:02:55 02/11/2014
Both but spotlight is cooler i think. She looks so picturesque in the beginning of the trailer smilie
AtWarWithMyself Red Sparx Gems: 31
#60 Posted: 12:26:20 09/11/2014
So guys, correct me if I'm wrong, Blackout and Spotlight are core, and Knight Light and Knight Mare are Trap Masters?
---
"You Count Your Money, I'll Count My Friends. Let's See Who's Richer In The End."
~Memphis Mayfire
#61 Posted: 15:24:28 09/11/2014
Yes, That is correct and when the Action Packs come out the Trap Masters will be in them.

BLACKOUT IS VATHEKS SON smilie
I wanna see if thats in his backstory...
---
#62 Posted: 02:27:57 11/11/2014 | Topic Creator
Makes me wonder if they'll have flying abilities in the game.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#63 Posted: 02:33:48 11/11/2014
Quote: Aura24
Makes me wonder if they'll have flying abilities in the game.

I think flying upgrades have been dead since Swap Force. Otherwise Blades would have a flying upgrade over the tornado thing he does.

On topic: Reason I chose Blackout is 'cause... well, he looks way cooler than Cynder and Gearshift's genetic clone (Gearshift can't be genetic, I know...) in terms of gameplay and design.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#64 Posted: 15:07:10 11/11/2014
They o not have Flying abilities unfortunately but i guess that makes room for more awesome attacks.
---
SparCrux1101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1898
#65 Posted: 22:22:22 11/11/2014
spotlight looks as if she plays a lot like prism break.
---
WTB: Molten Hot dog
c/._.c\ Dancin puddin /b._.\b
#66 Posted: 22:32:47 11/11/2014
^ or flashwing
---
Reverse0456 Gold Sparx Gems: 2440
#67 Posted: 00:53:47 12/11/2014
It's possible for spotlight since we don't know if it's a power that's cast while flying
---
POPSMARTS!
ExcitonKnight Gold Sparx Gems: 2745
#68 Posted: 02:26:37 12/11/2014
Spotlight 'cause she has smilie/smilie-esque gameplay
---
Merry Christmas ya filthy animal
#69 Posted: 03:53:52 12/11/2014
But blackout is original
---
#70 Posted: 04:32:06 12/11/2014 | Topic Creator
Blackout, we all have different opinions on which one we like, okay?
---
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#71 Posted: 22:43:10 13/11/2014
blackout looks a lot like blades in terms of attacks, spotlight uses things from prism break and flashwing. both look pretty good and as far as finding them by glitches, putting the gates as ? instead of just flat out using the light and dark elements to cause their own hype was something acti missed out on. in a game that's trying now not to seem like a blatant cash grab, there needs to be less of ? and more of show me what all of the content is. at least if they showed the element the gate did not have to have a ? on it so people could speculate how to unlock. it feels like getting an incomplete game with this so i don't feel any remorse in seeing 2 of the gates accessed. now there's some hype to 2 of the new cores which in a way i think acti doesn't mind. now people will be waiting for them.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#72 Posted: 23:21:25 13/11/2014
Quote: blackout3000
But blackout is original

Well Blackout isn't exactly original, "Dark Black Scary looking Dragon" is original?
If anything, Spotlight is more "original"

back on topic, I (ironically) chose Blackout.
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#73 Posted: 06:55:14 14/11/2014
I hate Spotlight. I like dragons, but I only want so many and we have so many now that they don't instantly appeal to me. For a dragon to appeal to me, it should be a good character in itself- I don't instantly shun them, Blades is actually my favourite TT Skylander- it's just that Spotlight looks horribly unoriginal to me.
Her design is eerily similar to Flashwing- with the same kind of proportions, the same kind of light colours, the same kind of coloured thing on head, the same thick spiky wings, the same triangular face/snout and the same visible scales on paws- Spotlight's design differences from Flashwing are minimal and fail to really set her apart at a glance. Flashwing also just did the angelic dragon thing better, since her crystals more accurately reflect beauty and purity than Spotlight's rings and lightning. Moveset-wise, she looks like a faster Prism Break rather than something original which could interest me. I rarely play Prism Break now because outside of crowded areas, his playstyle doesn't satisfy me. I can't imagine Spotlight feeling very different.

So my choice is easily Blackout, who actually stands out a fair bit among the dragons. His proportions seem more snakey than the others and there isn't another dragon with such a huge spike on their nose. There isn't really another dragon so darkly coloured, either (Cynder is the closest thing, but she's really stretching it).
His attacks are generally more appealing and cooler as well- the choice of melee and range and being able to suck enemies into one spot seems neat- though both his and Spotlight's attacks honestly don't seem to tie in with their designs very well, or seem particularly interesting to play. I think both look like they'd be a bit disappointing as late releases, but Blackout much less so, since he isn't so similar to another playable character and his moveset seems more fresh.

To the person who said Blackout seems to copy Blades' moves: Blades' tornado damages enemies, but doesn't suck them in, which could be enough to set Blackout Blackhole apart.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:00:46 14/11/2014 by Arc of Archives
#74 Posted: 08:54:39 14/11/2014
Quote: Arc of Archives
I hate Spotlight. I like dragons, but I only want so many and we have so many now that they don't instantly appeal to me. For a dragon to appeal to me, it should be a good character in itself- I don't instantly shun them, Blades is actually my favourite TT Skylander- it's just that Spotlight looks horribly unoriginal to me.
Her design is eerily similar to Flashwing- with the same kind of proportions, the same kind of light colours, the same kind of coloured thing on head, the same thick spiky wings, the same triangular face/snout and the same visible scales on paws- Spotlight's design differences from Flashwing are minimal and fail to really set her apart at a glance. Flashwing also just did the angelic dragon thing better, since her crystals more accurately reflect beauty and purity than Spotlight's rings and lightning. Moveset-wise, she looks like a faster Prism Break rather than something original which could interest me. I rarely play Prism Break now because outside of crowded areas, his playstyle doesn't satisfy me. I can't imagine Spotlight feeling very different.

So my choice is easily Blackout, who actually stands out a fair bit among the dragons. His proportions seem more snakey than the others and there isn't another dragon with such a huge spike on their nose. There isn't really another dragon so darkly coloured, either (Cynder is the closest thing, but she's really stretching it).
His attacks are generally more appealing and cooler as well- the choice of melee and range and being able to suck enemies into one spot seems neat- though both his and Spotlight's attacks honestly don't seem to tie in with their designs very well, or seem particularly interesting to play. I think both look like they'd be a bit disappointing as late releases, but Blackout much less so, since he isn't so similar to another playable character and his moveset seems more fresh.

To the person who said Blackout seems to copy Blades' moves: Blades' tornado damages enemies, but doesn't suck them in, which could be enough to set Blackout Blackhole apart.

Mostly agree, on Spotlight, but remember that she may have other unknown attacks setting her apart from the other characters.

I remember seeing something about the power to summon light dragons (I think that was her Soul Gem), so, I would wait to judge her, gameplay-wise, yet. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#75 Posted: 11:49:36 15/11/2014
^ KFM said her hoops also slow enemies that they're touching down, but tbh what I have heard/seen of her doesn't seem fresh and that's just my impression of her as a whole. I hope I'm wrong, but she seems to draw too much from other characters, with absolutely minimal changes.
Winter Yellow Sparx Gems: 1502
#76 Posted: 16:15:49 15/11/2014
both Dragons 'nuff said.
---
Eon:"Perhaps I can tell you more about it...in time."
Winter: D-did Eon just troll me!?
#77 Posted: 01:31:37 16/11/2014
Quote: Winter
both Dragons 'nuff said.

Yeah, that's mostly to keep the "one dragon at least per Element" canon, I guess. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#78 Posted: 01:44:45 16/11/2014
Quote: Arc of Archives

Blades is my favorite too smilie
---
#79 Posted: 01:46:23 16/11/2014
Did anyone happen to notice Blades and Blackout have Wing attacks (Blackout's primary is a wing whip but thats all i'm giving away.) MAYBE THEY ARE BEST BROS! Anyway Blackout has more unique attacks but Spotlight's Halo Attack seems to be Beastly. She may be OP with them by the looks of her attacks.
---
#80 Posted: 22:48:44 18/12/2014 | Topic Creator
More gameplay of the two~

---
ExcitonKnight Gold Sparx Gems: 2745
#81 Posted: 22:58:20 18/12/2014
Forget what I said earlier, smilie 4 life
---
Merry Christmas ya filthy animal
#82 Posted: 23:31:28 18/12/2014
BLACKOUT smilie
---
preciousawaken Yellow Sparx Gems: 1774
#83 Posted: 14:38:14 19/12/2014
I know it has been said 100 times already but Spotlight is way to much like Flashwing and it kind of bothers me. For that reason my favorite of the two is:

Blackout
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#84 Posted: 15:53:15 19/12/2014
Blackout in game but Spotloght's toy form is amazing.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
ppmdoesskylands Green Sparx Gems: 258
#85 Posted: 23:43:04 15/03/2015
Quote: Drek95
Quote: Zook
I want to get into the gates badly but I don't like using glitches so I think I'll wait, even though it's tempting.

Absolutely agree.

We weren't supposed to get past them, in the first place.
I will just wait as the developers intended me to do. smilie

I think its supposed to be glitched so you can get the soul gem without buying a trap master as well... nice addition devs
---
No Pie, No Glory!
Read my story! The Drow Mage
anyone else think gold is stupid?
Phoenix_Lord Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#86 Posted: 00:20:34 16/03/2015
Can't realy pick...they each have there good points...i like them both....can't wait to get them. smilie
---
Theres no SuperChargers Cards. So I'm making my own... smilie
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#87 Posted: 00:49:05 16/03/2015
Quote: ppmdoesskylands
Quote: Drek95
Quote: Zook
I want to get into the gates badly but I don't like using glitches so I think I'll wait, even though it's tempting.

Absolutely agree.

We weren't supposed to get past them, in the first place.
I will just wait as the developers intended me to do. smilie

I think its supposed to be glitched so you can get the soul gem without buying a trap master as well... nice addition devs

Why would they intentionally put in a potentially gamebreaking bug just so someone could get a preview of a character?

No, they did not put it in intentionally.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#88 Posted: 01:32:44 16/03/2015
I think it's pretty obvious which ones I'll pick.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#89 Posted: 08:53:46 16/03/2015
Considering how Traptanium Gates were pretty much a last minute addition(they couldn't even edit regular ones in trailer and screenshots) they probably didn't even think about the fact that you're forced to get one out of one(instead of one out of two) trapmasters to get an unrelated soul gem... When you can just wait for next game to get them for free with the upgrade person.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me