Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The Official All Purpose Amiibo topic!
First | Previous | Page 33 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 48 49 50
The Official All Purpose Amiibo topic! [CLOSED]
epicLLOYD Yellow Sparx Gems: 1880
#1601 Posted: 14:51:27 24/04/2015
GAME didn't even recieve my Charizard and now they are forcing me to wait. ;-;
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#1602 Posted: 17:19:32 24/04/2015
Quote: epicLLOYD

At least you have a Charizard.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#1603 Posted: 17:41:56 24/04/2015

First world problems.
Skylanders fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3952
#1604 Posted: 22:02:15 24/04/2015
Quote: Mesuxelf

exactly people can't even preorder him to wait ot get him and your mad that you have to wait a bit long.
---
Yep still around just not posting much anymore
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#1605 Posted: 05:14:54 25/04/2015 | Topic Creator
I got very lucky today and found one of the rarest Amiibo of all; A Peach!

Why haven't they restocked her yet? Every store is flooded with Villagers and Little Mac's no one wants, and it gets annoying seeing Pit everywhere while I haven't seen a Mario since launch!
#1606 Posted: 12:51:37 25/04/2015
I got my Charizard today!
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7089
#1607 Posted: 21:15:37 25/04/2015
My haul from yesterday. MP10 was a "sulk purchase":

[User Posted Image]

Also here's the Amiibo shelves at my local Smyths (they also had 4 Warios and 6 Charizards):

[User Posted Image]

And I got a new desk in my room:

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

The old one for comparison:

[User Posted Image]
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#1608 Posted: 21:21:00 25/04/2015
Quote: Skylanders fan

exactly people can't even preorder him to wait ot get him and your mad that you have to wait a bit long.

He can be mad if he'd like. He preordered it and Nintendo didn't sent out enough to fulfill preorders. Anyone else would be pissed, especially those that preordered W3 and have to wait until Summer to get their preorders.
---
words. letters. filler.
#1609 Posted: 21:24:25 25/04/2015
Quote: TacoMakerSkys

He can be mad if he'd like. He preordered it and Nintendo didn't sent out enough to fulfill preorders. Anyone else would be pissed, especially those that preordered W3 and have to wait until Summer to get their preorders.

Thank you Taco, I'm sick of the saltiness on this thread, we are just like r/amiibo :/
#1610 Posted: 21:56:46 25/04/2015

Thank you Taco, I'm sick of the saltiness on this thread, we are just like r/amiibo :/

r/amiibo is much worse...
#1611 Posted: 21:57:11 25/04/2015

You mean the immature people here are like /r/amiibo. They get pissed because they missed out on the opportunity to get certain amiibo and throw **** at other people who got the chance to get them.
---
words. letters. filler.
#1612 Posted: 22:04:38 25/04/2015

You mean the immature people here are like /r/amiibo. They get pissed because they missed out on the opportunity to get certain amiibo and throw **** at other people who got the chance to get them.

I wasn't complaining that he got the chance to get the amiibo, I was complaining that he was complaining that he had to wait longer to get it, when some of us don't have it. I'm sorry that it cam across that way.
#1613 Posted: 00:38:45 26/04/2015

I wasn't complaining that he got the chance to get the amiibo, I was complaining that he was complaining that he had to wait longer to get it, when some of us don't have it. I'm sorry that it cam across that way.

And why don't you have it? Because you haven't/yet to get the chance to preorder it.
---
words. letters. filler.
#1614 Posted: 00:40:21 26/04/2015

And why don't you have it? Because you haven't/yet to get the chance to preorder it.

Yes. What does pointing this out accomplish?
#1615 Posted: 05:51:18 26/04/2015

Yes. What does pointing this out accomplish?

Nothing really, just proving that you're one of the people who've yet to get a preorder and get mad at others who have a preorder or problems/delays with their preorders.
---
words. letters. filler.
#1616 Posted: 07:31:27 26/04/2015

Exactly what I meant.
Qcumber Yellow Sparx Gems: 1054
#1617 Posted: 12:05:17 26/04/2015
How rare are Robin and Lucina?

And has anyone got any ideas on how to make my Link and Kirby work as a team? I haven't seen anyone make amiibos work together yet. I can use any custom moves, but IDK if I'm going to give my amiibo equipment. Once you feed an amiibo, is the equipment gone forever?
---
You can't handle MEMES
#1618 Posted: 13:30:41 26/04/2015
Quote: Qcumber
How rare are Robin and Lucina?

And has anyone got any ideas on how to make my Link and Kirby work as a team? I haven't seen anyone make amiibos work together yet. I can use any custom moves, but IDK if I'm going to give my amiibo equipment. Once you feed an amiibo, is the equipment gone forever?

Rarest of wave 4
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#1619 Posted: 14:27:46 26/04/2015
Is it bad I am happy with only having sonic?
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#1620 Posted: 16:17:43 26/04/2015
I need the Robin and Lucina Amiibo. It's not like they're from my favorite 3DS title. >_>
Skylanders fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3952
#1621 Posted: 17:04:43 26/04/2015
Quote: Sleepy0429
Is it bad I am happy with only having sonic?

nah its all about what you iof your fine with just sonic than congrats,but if you want more than thats ok to int he ends its all up to you what you want
---
Yep still around just not posting much anymore
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6239
#1622 Posted: 20:18:20 26/04/2015
Just a reminder to everyone that Toysrus will have in store preorders tomorrow morning upon opening. For the most part the only figures they'll be taking preorders for are Greninja and Pac-Man. However one of the stores I called claimed to be allowing preorders for all of wave 4 (I might call again later to check with another employee).

For people unaware, Toysrus usually allows $1 deposits for in store preorders. You could realistically guarantee yourself Greninja and Pac-Man with just $3, and then pay the rest for them on release day (mind you go as soon as possible so they don't accidentally sell your preorders).

Call your store(s) for more secure info.
WilltheWizard Yellow Sparx Gems: 1779
#1623 Posted: 04:26:42 27/04/2015
Quote: sonicbrawler182
My haul from yesterday. MP10 was a "sulk purchase":

[User Posted Image]

Also here's the Amiibo shelves at my local Smyths (they also had 4 Warios and 6 Charizards):

[User Posted Image]

And I got a new desk in my room:

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

The old one for comparison:

[User Posted Image]

Be there. Tonight. At 1:30. We will do the amiibo trade. You don't know how hard I worked for this Mario amiibo, but it is worth it for your collection. GG. GG.
---
Spread those positive vibes
#1624 Posted: 10:28:33 27/04/2015
What are you talking about?
---
#1625 Posted: 15:17:20 27/04/2015
Picture of my Charizard, only actually picked it up today.

http://imgur.com/EKBP9GQ

Yes I know it's potato quality.
ViDeOmAnCiNi Platinum Sparx Gems: 7055
#1626 Posted: 16:32:14 27/04/2015
Anyone at a TRU right now waiting for a Greninja pre-order? Probably 25-30 ahead of me. If there are only 10 avail, not gonna be a good scene. Will update in a bit.

-vm

Edit: &$%#%#%£¥€!!! Only 10 available. What crap!
---
♫ "Many dreams come true and some have silver linings, I live for my dream and a pocketful of gold" ♫

FiUSAwS:G! http://bit.ly/R3L1lb
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:44:12 27/04/2015 by ViDeOmAnCiNi
#1627 Posted: 17:11:19 27/04/2015
18 available of each at my TRU. I was 15th in line.

When they ran out of Greninja cards, upon the manager asking "anybody here want Pac-Man?" pretty much everyone beyond the 18th person left. What did Pac-Man do to deserve this?
#1628 Posted: 20:21:59 27/04/2015
Quote: ViDeOmAnCiNi
Anyone at a TRU right now waiting for a Greninja pre-order? Probably 25-30 ahead of me. If there are only 10 avail, not gonna be a good scene. Will update in a bit.

-vm

Which TRU were you at?
---
words. letters. filler.
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#1629 Posted: 23:28:38 27/04/2015

-vm

Every one of those 10 people who got one were evil scalpers. The lack of supply has absolutly nothing to do with the fact that Nintendo is shipping such low quantities that TRU is only allowing pre-orders of 10-ish per location. Oh, and something-something port strike something.

Or have folks finally realized that the problem isn't a mass horde of resellers and is, instead, the fact that Nintendo is shipping out unrealistically-low quantities?
#1630 Posted: 23:30:34 27/04/2015
Quote: UncleBob

-vm

Every one of those 10 people who got one were evil scalpers. The lack of supply has absolutly nothing to do with the fact that Nintendo is shipping such low quantities that TRU is only allowing pre-orders of 10-ish per location. Oh, and something-something port strike something.

Or have folks finally realized that the problem isn't a mass horde of resellers and is, instead, the fact that Nintendo is shipping out unrealistically-low quantities?

So I see you came out of your rock.
---
#1631 Posted: 00:21:51 28/04/2015

Before I decide if I wish to engage this comment, can I ask if this is a serious attempt to discuss/debate a point, or are you just throwing out insults for the lolz?
#1632 Posted: 00:29:57 28/04/2015

Before I decide if I wish to engage this comment, can I ask if this is a serious attempt to discuss/debate a point, or are you just throwing out insults for the lolz?

I ask the same thing of your initial post there, honestly. Because it pretty much came out of nowhere.
---
#1633 Posted: 00:34:41 28/04/2015
You mean my comment regarding the lack of supply, which was made IN DIRECT REPLY to another member's comment regarding the lack of supply appeared, to you, to come out of nowhere?
#1634 Posted: 02:18:41 28/04/2015 | Topic Creator

-vm

I ask the same thing of your initial post there, honestly. Because it pretty much came out of nowhere.

You mean my comment regarding the lack of supply, which was made IN DIRECT REPLY to another member's comment regarding the lack of supply appeared, to you, to come out of nowhere?

Can we not? -_-

These kind of useless arguments just waste time and never prove anything either way.
#1635 Posted: 03:02:29 28/04/2015

Agree and slightly disagree.

Every problem and issue relating to amiibo comes back to Nintendo not making enough stock. But importing and reselling can make the issue worse for others if there's no purchase limit. Fortunately most stores now have such limits, so it isn't as major of a problem.

It's not so much that reselling is the biggest problem, more than it just adds onto the already existing one.
#1636 Posted: 11:54:58 28/04/2015

Your comment came out of nowhere because you were trying to shoehorn your anti-Nintendo bias where it wasn't warranted, and tried to claim we don't blame Nintendo when we do.

The comment you quoted simply expressed disdain for not being able to get a figure they wanted. They didn't express blame towards anyone. They were just upset they couldn't get the figure regardless of the reason. They didn't blame scalpers or defend Nintendo or anything like that, yet you got on your anti-Nintendo high horse/scalper defending white knight horse, and made a useless comment anyway.

It's just annoying at this point and comes across as you being a tryhard. We are all well aware Nintendo is the root of the issue. Heck, I did an audio documentary on it for a college project. You don't need to keep repeating yourself. We get it, you hate Nintendo, but you don't need to remind us at every chance you get.
---
ViDeOmAnCiNi Platinum Sparx Gems: 7055
#1637 Posted: 15:18:40 28/04/2015

-vm

I was at the "Pavilions" TRU yesterday in Scottsdale, AZ. I let the TRU drone know my displeasure at the prospect that they only had 10 pre-orders of them (and let us stand outside so long knowing this) and that he just handed 9 out of 10 of them to scalpers. I asked him how legitimate collectors are supposed to get these figures for our collections? He stammered about them being possibly available on the website (I said that had already been & gone), he said that they would be available on opening day (I said that the last exclusive wasn't) so then he had no answer for me. All in all I was disgusted with the entire thing and left pretty mad. Nintendo is doing such a crap-a$$ job on this entire roll-out. WHY can't they learn from Activision on how to roll these things our properly? Total dune-bag's.

-vm
---
♫ "Many dreams come true and some have silver linings, I live for my dream and a pocketful of gold" ♫

FiUSAwS:G! http://bit.ly/R3L1lb
#1638 Posted: 15:28:29 28/04/2015
^How can you tell 9 of the 10 people were scalpers? Did the people in line fill out a survey about what they were gonna do with the figure? And yeah while waiting in line for long sucks (the people behind me that missed out were there for about 90 minutes; I was there two hours), they have an obligation to give the tickets to people that were there first. And they can't just ask them if they're gonna scalp it or not.

Also that employee was stammering and lost because not all of them are fully aware of what's going on, what to do, and how Nintendo or corporate is gonna act. They were trying to give you an answer because they don't want an angry customer. You can't blame him or get mad at him for all this. It's not like he runs all of Toysrus.
#1639 Posted: 17:07:37 28/04/2015
Your comment came out of nowhere because you were trying to shoehorn your anti-Nintendo bias where it wasn't warranted, and tried to claim we don't blame Nintendo when we do.

People are starting to realize that this is at Nintendo's feet - but, for the longest time, folks here were blaming scalpers, retailers, "obsessive collectors", the port strike - everyone but Nintendo - when it has been painfully obvious that this is completely on Nintendo since at least Wave 2.

Quote:
We get it, you hate Nintendo, [...]

Oh, boy... this will be fun.

When Nintendo Power was officially cancelled, they had to refund subscribers for the remaining issues of their subscription beyond what was being published. I received a check for approximately seven years worth of issues - I had a subscription through 2019.

I achieved Platinum Status every year that Club Nintendo existed. I did this 100% through purchases of games, all of which I *still* own. I did not trade codes, buy codes, steal codes from GameStop, etc.. I purchased games and systems for each of those coins.

Speaking of systems, I have 14 different Nintendo systems wired into my entertainment center right now. Two NES, two SNES, two N64, four GameCubes (each with a Game Boy Player and Broadband adapter, one of which is an imported Panasonic Q with the ultra-hard to get Game Boy Player for Panasonic Q), three Wii and one Wii U. This doesn't include the consoles I have that aren't hooked up (I own a total of seven GameCubes).

I have five pieces of "art" hanging on my wall. One isn't Nintendo-related. Of the four that are, one is a custom print I had made for myself that is a colorized map of Koholint Island recreated in LttP graphics. One is the "Thanks for being such a big fan!" print seen in the link above. One is a custom piece of art, done in crayon, by the creators of Dinosaur office, autographed by the three of them. The last is a coupon for $5 off an NES game. I purchased this coupon, well after it expired, for $35 off of eBay for the singular purpose of hanging it on my wall.

Going back to systems, I have four 3DS systems that I use right now (mostly for StreetPassing). I own 5 systems from the DS family. We won't discuss my box of Game Boys (I have three Game Boy micros).

Two Virtual Boys. Most of the games released in the US.

Last on the systems front, I own two Nintendo arcade machines - a Popeye stand-up cabinet and a "Red Tent" vs. system unit (currently hosting Super Mario Bros. Vs. and Mach Rider vs.). The Red Tent required that I travel across the country to pick it up over a weekend. The serial number on the unit is #00069 (heh) and is confirmed via documentation that came with the unit and through a contact I have who was one of the original employees at Nintendo (so original, they were involved in setting up the original display for the test launch of the NES at FAO Schwarz back in the day).

I own sixteen copies (actually, 17) of a GameBoy game for the sole purpose of getting a group together and playing it with 16 players via custom-made link cables. This game was programmed to support 16 players, but Nintendo axed the accessory required to do so (they had planned to include it in the package with this game). I figured out how to make this happen and had the cables custom made just so I could do it.

I own a working ROB unit, the Gold "Zelda Edition" Game Boy Camera, six Wave Birds, seven GameCube BroadBand Adapters, nine Game Boy Players, two GameCube BroadBand Modems (which you cannot do anything at all with now), the Super Game Boy 2 (the blue one with the link port), an ASCII Keyboard controller for the GameCube, 9 sets of DK bongos, along with all kinds of other fun things.

I have a collection of Nintendo trading cards that spans six binders. This includes a complete collection of English-edition e-Reader cards (all the Animal Crossing cards, the AU Exclusive cards, the SMB3 cards...) and all other kinds of wacky cards (including the 9-card Gold Chase set from the Twilight Princess trading cards that was released a few years ago).

Just last night, I received some really cool Mario Dog Tags. These aren't for sale yet, with the product still on the boat from China. These were sent to me by a guy that I consider to be a good friend who asked for my input on them as they were being developed. They should be in stores within 1 to 2 months. If you're interested, I'll be taking some photos and putting up an article on them soon.

I moderate on the forums of one of the largest Nintendo-only websites out there. I have my own local "StreetPass Network" group, with over 200 members.

I own The Wizard. On VHS. (and, on DVD as well). I own the White Knuckle Scorin' album on cassette and CD.

We've barely touched on games. I own seven copies of Mario Kart: Double Dash. Four copies of LttP/Four Swords for the GBA. There's a pic of my Zelda games collection in the Zelda thread. Four copies of Mario Kart: Super Circuit. Every version of Nintendogs (original and 3DS sequel). I can't go past a copy of Tetris for the original Game Boy at a yard sale without buying it. For current-gen stuff, I own 18 physical Wii U releases and 53 physical 3DS releases. Bunch of download stuff. Did you know that the 3DS has a limit of 40 pieces of DSiWare on the home menu at a time? It's virtually impossible to get there, as there's few games that you can download in the right combination without hitting the DSiWare memory limit - but it's there and I've hit it. :D

And to bring this back on-topic, I've got one of every US-released amiibo so far. This includes Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, and Marth, each of those I pre-ordered (and still had to jump through hoops to get Marth) - not because they were going to be rare, hard to get, or valuable - simply because, as you may have noticed, I'm a little obsessed with Nintendo.

Number of non-Nintendo systems in my entertainment center? 2. An original Mattel Intellivision and a Plug-and-Play Intellivision unit that was released earlier this year.

So, tell me again how I hate Nintendo? Because this will be cute.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 17:15:55 28/04/2015 by UncleBob
#1640 Posted: 17:24:56 28/04/2015
Got Diddy today! Also picked up MK8 and MP10 but this is the amiibo topic xD

http://imgur.com/5tcjpJc
#1641 Posted: 17:50:15 28/04/2015
Quote:
People are starting to realize that this is at Nintendo's feet - but, for the longest time, folks here were blaming scalpers, retailers, "obsessive collectors", the port strike - everyone but Nintendo - when it has been painfully obvious that this is completely on Nintendo since at least Wave 2.

Nobody was blaming scalpers or anyone else entirely, merely saying that they add to a problem that Nintendo is the main source of. Seriously, why do you choose to believe we think this, when we don't?

Quote:
So, tell me again how I hate Nintendo? Because this will be cute.

I'm not going to because (assuming all of what you said is true - anyone can type up a story about the things they have on the internet. Don't you know I own a mansion in the Bahamas? - you don't need to type me an essay to prove you don't hate Nintendo, it doesn't make you great for doing so, you could have just corrected me by saying why you are being so hostile towards OTHERS about Nintendo if it hate isn't the reason) it seems you don't after all, but you are definitely extremely salty towards them over something if you persist on insisting that everyone "isn't recognising that Nintendo is the problem", when they quite clearly have been recogising that.

That or you are trying your damnest to be really, really annoying and to contribute nothing. Because making sarcastic remarks about "Nintendo can't POSSIBLY be the problem" has no purpose when everyone here has accepted that they are for the longest.
---
#1642 Posted: 18:02:13 28/04/2015
Nobody was blaming scalpers or anyone else entirely, merely saying that they add to a problem that Nintendo is the main source of. Seriously, why do you choose to believe we think this, when we don't?

Would you like me to go back and pull some of the many quotes that have been posted by members of this forum? Again, people are starting to realize that Nintendo is the reason for the problem - but even then, they still do things like say "It's Nintendo's fault, but scalpers are making it worse" - when we have events like this, where TRU gets *ten* for *preorder* - to blame this on resellers is complete fantasy.

Quote:
I'm not going to because (assuming all of what you said is true - anyone can type up a story about the things they have on the internet.

Name any one item in that list above you would like me to take a photo of (except for the Nintendo Power thing - I don't have any way to really prove that...)

Look, I am a huge Nintendo fan (not the largest, by far - but I like to think there's a special place for me in the cloud world in the sky) - but failing to recognize when they've done wrong is something that too many Nintendo Fanboys do far too often. The excessive passing of the blame from Nintendo to everyone else (again, resellers, obsessive collectors, retailers, the port strike, etc.) is the reason that Nintendo keeps getting a free-pass on this. The more people who complain, the more it is likely to change. The more people allow themselves to live with their heads buried in the sand, the less reason Nintendo has to change anything.
#1643 Posted: 18:15:44 28/04/2015
Quote:
Would you like me to go back and pull some of the many quotes that have been posted by members of this forum? Again, people are starting to realize that Nintendo is the reason for the problem - but even then, they still do things like say "It's Nintendo's fault, but scalpers are making it worse" - when we have events like this, where TRU gets *ten* for *preorder* - to blame this on resellers is complete fantasy.

That would be fine and dandy, except nobody ever blamed scalpers for the shortage of TRU pre-orders.

You can pull up quotes if you feel like it, but I won't really care. You could pull up a quote saying "scalpers are an issue in the Amiibos shortages fiasco", but that isn't necessarily implying that person only blames scalpers, for example. One post doesn't represent a user's entire knowledge or thoughts on the issue.

Quote:
but failing to recognize when they've done wrong is something that too many Nintendo Fanboys do far too often.

I totally agree on that, but your problem is you are telling people they are failing to recognise it when they are recognising it, and that is what is truly the complete fantasy here.

What you're doing is the equivalent to screaming at a kid who knocked over a vase and broke it, telling them that they are stupid and that they have to realise what they're doing is wrong, but the kid is apologising for it and agreeing that what they did was wrong, trying to clean up the mess, and is offering to buy you a new vase.
---
#1644 Posted: 18:24:38 28/04/2015
The TRU pre-orders is just yet another example of the ongoing issue. First, it was resellers, then it was the port-strike, then it was retailers (and for the record, even I put a lot of blame on the retailers before, but it's become clearly apparent to me that they are not the issue here)...

The blame is, and always has been, 100% on Nintendo. Resellers are barely a drop in the ocean and the TRU Pre-order situation proves it.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:38:30 28/04/2015 by UncleBob
#1645 Posted: 18:46:16 28/04/2015
So people buying tons of extras for trades doesn't add to the problem at all?
So scalpers perpetuating the idea that Amiibos are a rare, legitimately inflated product doesn't add to the problem at all?
So the port strikes didn't hold back ANY stock whatsoever?
So US people leeching off of UK stock before US pre-orders have even gone up for some figures doesn't deplete UK stock at all?

The blame is not 100% on Nintendo. The vast majority of it? Yes. But people have unnecessarily created even more problems to add to the many Nintendo are responsible for. To claim otherwise is delusional.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:46:34 28/04/2015 by sonicbrawler182
#1646 Posted: 19:14:00 28/04/2015
So people buying tons of extras for trades doesn't add to the problem at all?

Not to any significant amount, no. If there are 100 Ness amiibo and I buy all 100 of them with plans to trade 99 of them, then how many Ness amiibo are there in circulation? 99. The same amount as if I had only purchased one. Shifting the method of distribution doesn't shrink the amount available. Oh, and if there were actually only 100 Ness amiibo available, one guy buying all 100 of them to trade wouldn't be the problem - the fact that only 100 were made would be the problem. Expand that to cover, say, 20,000 Greninjas.

If Nintendo manufactured enough of these figures so that anyone could walk into a store and buy the one they wanted, then folks wouldn't feel the need to buy extras to trade to get ones they want that they can't get.

Quote:
So scalpers perpetuating the idea that Amiibos are a rare, legitimately inflated product doesn't add to the problem at all?

No. Marth, Villager and Wii Fit Trainer were virtually impossible to find at release. This was before "scalpers" were even aware that amiibo was a thing. Sure, within days, they had figured it out - but within those days, MVT were pretty much gone from shelves anyway.

If Nintendo manufactured enough of these figures so that anyone could walk into a store and buy the one they wanted, then scalpers would have as good of a time selling these as they would, say, Wii U systems.

Quote:
So the port strikes didn't hold back ANY stock whatsoever?

Port strikes are over and a good majority of the back-log has been cleared up. How many Wave 1, 2, and 3 rare figures have flooded into stores now that these containers have been unloaded?

If Nintendo manufactured enough of the "rare" figures as they did all those Smash Bros. Mario and Peach figures that somehow managed to get through the crowded ports so that every store in the country still has 20+ of each, then we wouldn't be seeing this issue.

Quote:
So US people leeching off of UK stock before US pre-orders have even gone up for some figures doesn't deplete UK stock at all?

"Leeching". I love it. It's like there's some kind of international warfare going on.
Regardless, if there are 100 Ness figures in the UK and 100 Ness figures in the US and 175 people in the US order figures, depleting the stock of 100 in the US and 75 of the stock in the UK, that still only leaves 200 Ness figures total.

If Nintendo manufactured enough of these figures so that anyone could walk into a store and buy the one they wanted, then people in the US wouldn't be "leeching" the UK supply, allowing UK residents to walk into a store and buy the figure they want.

Every bit of this comes back to Nintendo simply not manufacturing enough supply. I don't know if it's due to a perceived lack of demand on their end ("This amiibo thing is going to die any minute, then we'll be stuck with millions of unsold Robin amiibos, just like we were with Game and Watch units back in the day."), if it's a legitimate supply chain issue (face it, a machine that makes Charizard toys can only make so many Charizard toys a day), or if it's some kind of devious business strategy to create an artificial demand by choke holding the supply - but every aspect of this comes back to Nintendo.
#1647 Posted: 19:22:06 28/04/2015
And then, there's this.

https://twitter.com/AmiiboNews...051742029381632
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#1648 Posted: 23:37:33 28/04/2015

The TRU pre-orders is just yet another example of the ongoing issue. First, it was resellers, then it was the port-strike, then it was retailers (and for the record, even I put a lot of blame on the retailers before, but it's become clearly apparent to me that they are not the issue here)...

The blame is, and always has been, 100% on Nintendo. Resellers are barely a drop in the ocean and the TRU Pre-order situation proves it.

What are you saying here? It seems to me that what you're saying in the first post, is that, isn't because of the port strike, but then in the next post, you're saying it is?

I don't mean to sound rude, or like I'm tying to be a pain in the ***, but I'm just wondering what you mean.
---
Dead
#1649 Posted: 00:05:20 29/04/2015
I'm saying that for the first three waves of figures, there was always some other reason (either resellers, retailers, the port strike, whatever) for the shortages and high secondary market prices. As time has passed, we've seen evidence that the shortages and high prices continue along side evidence that those things aren't as big of an influence as folks tried to claim.

If resellers were the issue, then we wouldn't see such low pre-order numbers (and even then, some pre-orders getting cancelled already).

If the port strike was the issue, then it doesn't explain how the millions of Peach and Mario amiibos got through, nor does it explain where all the cargo ships full of Villagers ended up.

There's a singular common element to every wave of figures and that is the initial shipped quantity from Nintendo.
#1650 Posted: 00:41:46 29/04/2015 | Topic Creator
Holy...

Just stop. Everyone. No one is proving anything to anyone here, we've had this argument at least 3 times in the past and no one has changed their opinions, no matter what you think the situation is or what you think the root cause was, the real answer is that no one completely knows but Nintendo, and even they don't seem fully aware of what's going on. You're all just wasting your time, really. Stop arguing, there's no point.

Jeez.
First | Previous | Page 33 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me