Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Site Help and Suggestions > A Word of Caution to Fellow dS.net users.
Page 1 of 1
A Word of Caution to Fellow dS.net users. [CLOSED]
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#1 Posted: 22:32:02 24/10/2014 | Topic Creator
So, there's no hiding the fact that myself and a handful of other users haven't had a smooth time over the past few weeks.

I want to make sure everyone here is aware of something that was emailed to me today - the humbly titled "Dark Spyro Accurate Edition Wiki" located at http://darkspyro-accurate-edition.wikia.com

This website has stolen art from here at darkspyro.net and is maintained by a handful of users who, I guess, think they're important enough that they need to have a wiki dedicated to their history here at darkSpyro.net.

With that said, some users have taken it upon themselves to spread their message of hate across the internet.

[User Posted Image]

Looking through a couple of the so-called articles there, I see there's more than a handful of users from here who have derogatory pages up about them. I don't know a lot of y'all on any kind of personal level, but I wanted you to have a chance to review this site and, if applicable, take the time to edit or delete any information about yourself off of the site.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#2 Posted: 22:49:28 24/10/2014
The wiki site has been around for a while, and there are bound to be users who add their say onto one's user articles for fun, even hate. You realize on wikia you can edit your own pages right?

This is similar to an old topic of yours when Bahamut posted your name under a list of people he doesn't like on his guestbook, and you made a topic about it on the Site Help.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#3 Posted: 22:53:40 24/10/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Sesshomaru75

It really shouldn't be a big deal to you in the first place, at least in my opinion, though.

I don't want to say it's a "big" deal. But, it did give me the last push I needed to realize that some folks just aren't worth dealing with.

I posted to make sure folks knew it was there (I didn't until I was sent an e-mail by someone this morning). Not only will it allow them to edit their individual pages as you suggest, but will also give folks a bigger picture of some of the people they deal with on a daily basis.
zer0dch Ripto Gems: 1916
#4 Posted: 00:58:36 25/10/2014
lets just nuke the wikia page
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#5 Posted: 01:07:23 25/10/2014
cool.
Ryanator20x6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1848
#6 Posted: 12:32:23 26/10/2014
I wish they made an article on me. The stuff so far is pretty accurate.
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
wspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4422
#7 Posted: 16:21:28 26/10/2014
There shouldn't be a page on you unless you requested it. In a situation like this, the page would be taken down. Since you didn't want it.

Aura, I don't know if you're the one that created the page, but if it was, please do not create pages that you don't have permission to create.

The only pages that are created without the users' permission, are users that are Ripto. And if they asked if it could be taken down, it would.

I haven't been able to keep track on the Wiki since is hard as **** to edit on mobile. I would appreciate it if people would treat it as a place where you can find info of those that allowed it. And not be used to attack others.

If you find something regarding you that is not to your liking, talk to one of the editors or edit it out yourself.
If you find something regarding another user that is not to your liking, talk to that user and see what they want to be done.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#8 Posted: 16:37:07 26/10/2014
Anyone can edit. There's no 'should', if X guy wants to edit with a certain user, the only thing stopping them isn't permission but if someone else isn't deleting it. And that isn't DS, it's just a wiki. If in here people are allowed to make others invisible, just block yourself from visiting there.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#9 Posted: 16:47:22 26/10/2014
Quote: wspyro
There shouldn't be a page on you unless you requested it. In a situation like this, the page would be taken down. Since you didn't want it.

Aura, I don't know if you're the one that created the page, but if it was, please do not create pages that you don't have permission to create.

I was not the one who created the page. I simply edited it for the fun of it.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#10 Posted: 17:01:11 26/10/2014
Quote: Bifrost
Anyone can edit. There's no 'should', if X guy wants to edit with a certain user, the only thing stopping them isn't permission but if someone else isn't deleting it. And that isn't DS, it's just a wiki. If in here people are allowed to make others invisible, just block yourself from visiting there.

Bitfrost, hush up.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6239
#11 Posted: 17:09:22 26/10/2014
Along with what wspyro said, the wiki is meant to be an unbiased description of users. That page and snippet you gave us fails to do that and shouldn't be allowed on there to begin with. It should be a history of the user's actions and what happened to them, not opinionated statements like "he has a superiority complex".

Additionally, when the wiki was created and the first batch of users got pages, it was done through an interview process with the 3(?) people in charge of the wiki and its pages. Allowing anybody to add them whenever and edit whatever they want just leaves it open to vandalism or self glorifying.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:13:07 26/10/2014 by CAV
#12 Posted: 17:11:11 26/10/2014 | Topic Creator
It's great to see there's more folks who understand that this isn't behavior exhibited by civilized adults. :D

If someone who has an account on that site wouldn't mind, I'd be grateful if someone would delete the page "about" me. I do not authorize it and don't feel that I'm so important that I need a special page dedicated to me. I know I could register for an account there and delete it myself, but I really don't want to go through the trouble. I have other stuff on my plate right now. :D
#13 Posted: 17:11:25 26/10/2014

Bitfrost, hush up.

No hush. The pages are still there and with the harsh wording? Then it's time to edit it yourself, because the mods probably know by now. After yesterday I think it's needed for someone to solve the harassment by themselves if others will just hide or ask for Dark to do it for them. Again, the wiki is there to be edited by anyone with an account; if someone keeps putting the harsh back, go talk to them if they can make it a little nicer so it doesn't cause drama here, or go change it on your own.
---
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6239
#14 Posted: 17:14:31 26/10/2014
Quote: UncleBob
It's great to see there's more folks who understand that this isn't behavior exhibited by civilized adults. smilie

If someone who has an account on that site wouldn't mind, I'd be grateful if someone would delete the page "about" me. I do not authorize it and don't feel that I'm so important that I need a special page dedicated to me. I know I could register for an account there and delete it myself, but I really don't want to go through the trouble. I have other stuff on my plate right now. smilie

I think even as a guest you can edit the page to leave it blank until someone with authority to do so deletes it outright.
#15 Posted: 17:20:54 26/10/2014
Yeah. No account needed.
Pages can also be locked, but I'm pretty sure no one wants to reach that.

Quote: Bifrost

Bitfrost, hush up.

No hush. The pages are still there and with the harsh wording? Then it's time to edit it yourself, because the mods probably know by now. After yesterday I think it's needed for someone to solve the harassment by themselves if others will just hide or ask for Dark to do it for them. Again, the wiki is there to be edited by anyone with an account; if someone keeps putting the harsh back, go talk to them if they can make it a little nicer so it doesn't cause drama here, or go change it on your own.

Yes. We already established that.
Good on you to know, though!
#16 Posted: 17:23:51 26/10/2014

Yes. We already established that.
Good on you to know, though!

Yes, very good. Too bad UncleBob can't see me trying to help him on that and will keep on insisting that someone else needs to edit the page.
---
#17 Posted: 17:31:00 26/10/2014
I tried to send a request to delete his page but my phone just can't get a clear view. I have a bunch of templates out of position plus an alert message telling me that the editor is not supported on mobile.

I can't help UncleBob either!
#18 Posted: 17:46:17 26/10/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: CAV
I think even as a guest you can edit the page to leave it blank until someone with authority to do so deletes it outright.

Thanks. I blanked it and put up a request for deletion.
Fly Spyro Fly Green Sparx Gems: 446
#19 Posted: 22:27:48 03/01/2015
Just happy theres not one of me. Has any progress been made in terms of this?
#20 Posted: 22:59:51 03/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Not really. I posted multiple times on that site asking to have the page removed, but others kept adding "fun" stuff on the page "about" me.
Fly Spyro Fly Green Sparx Gems: 446
#21 Posted: 23:02:58 03/01/2015
Quote: UncleBob
Not really. I posted multiple times on that site asking to have the page removed, but others kept adding "fun" stuff on the page "about" me.

:[ sorry to hear. If theres anyway I could help let me know
ReshiramForever Platinum Sparx Gems: 5142
#22 Posted: 23:03:23 03/01/2015
if anyone looks at my page it is 100% intentional and i editted it myself
---
self professed austGAYlian
#23 Posted: 23:38:06 03/01/2015
Unless people are using it to make fanfiction, I still don't see the purpose of a wiki for the users. If it's to complain about other users without being caught, pretty sure some people mentioned it's done in tumblr enough.
---
#24 Posted: 23:50:51 03/01/2015
And deviantart and youtube and instagram.
---
#25 Posted: 00:00:04 04/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: undefined
If it's to complain about other users without being caught, pretty sure some people mentioned it's done in tumblr enough.

Yup. I'm amused by some of the sad rants I've read out there. :D
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me