darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > The Definitive Skylanders Arena/Kaos Mode Tier List: TRAP TEAM EDITION!
First | Previous | Page 6 of 7 | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
The Definitive Skylanders Arena/Kaos Mode Tier List: TRAP TEAM EDITION! [STICKY]
ppmdoesskylands Green Sparx Gems: 258
#251 Posted: 16:36:26 12/03/2015
S3 smilie
Best of the Beast: A tier
Mad Scientist: B tier

S3 smilie
Bird Blaster: B tier
Vac-packeteer: A tier

smilie
Wind Wielder: C tier
Shard Shooter: B tier

smilie
Remember to Live: A tier
Live to Remember: C tier

smilie
The Burninator: A tier
Oil Baron S tier
---
No Pie, No Glory!
Read my story! The Drow Mage
anyone else think gold is stupid?
samuraituretsky Yellow Sparx Gems: 1430
#252 Posted: 17:11:06 12/03/2015
Quote: StormDragon21
Anyway, here's something I just don't get: Drobot is S tier, Sheep Creep is G tier, and they have nearly the same attacks and damage. Sheep Creep's Fluff Bomb(as I call it) attack does as much as Drobot's Afterburners, and the balls of wool(sheep?) that are released do as much as his gear attack(last I checked).

Well, I have admittedly not played too much with Sheep Creep, but Drobot's overpowered-ness comes mostly from his main attack. It is the rate of fire combined with the range, travel speed, number of projectiles, and the wide target area that make his primary attack so lethal. There's also the fact that he is one of the only characters able to strafe and even move backward while still firing forward. All of this combined with the damage per second of his primary are what make him one of, if not the , most powerful.
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5537
#253 Posted: 00:32:12 13/03/2015
Quote: samuraituretsky
Anyway, here's something I just don't get: Drobot is S tier, Sheep Creep is G tier, and they have nearly the same attacks and damage. Sheep Creep's Fluff Bomb(as I call it) attack does as much as Drobot's Afterburners, and the balls of wool(sheep?) that are released do as much as his gear attack(last I checked).

Well, I have admittedly not played too much with Sheep Creep, but Drobot's overpowered-ness comes mostly from his main attack. It is the rate of fire combined with the range, travel speed, number of projectiles, and the wide target area that make his primary attack so lethal. There's also the fact that he is one of the only characters able to strafe and even move backward while still firing forward. All of this combined with the damage per second of his primary are what make him one of, if not the , most powerful.

Weird thing is, I've never found Drobot to be that good, but Sheep Creep just got on my top list of Villains to use on Nightmare Mode. Sheep Creep's got just as fast as a firing rate and target area, and I think the projectiles deal more damage. Although, the moving backward thing is stil getting me there, but I've never been able to do that with Drobot anyway.
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
The Bone Chompy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1201
#254 Posted: 16:24:17 14/03/2015
I'd like to help out here by adding some Swap Force 'Landers to the Tier List. I'll only be able to do it little by little since I can't play much, but here's the first:

smilie Rubble Rouser Top Half:Rock Pitcher, Bottom Half:Miner Foreman. A-Tier
The sledgehammer throw is really this guys only realible tanged attack, and the 4 miners really help during later waves when there is more enemies.

EDIT:Sorry that I couldn't get the tier for his other path. I don't have an Earth Trap yet, which means I can't get Chomp Chest, which means not enough money to fully upgrade the other path. Sorry.
---
^This might be sarcasm.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:26:23 14/03/2015 by The Bone Chompy
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#255 Posted: 02:33:59 15/03/2015 | Topic Creator
All help appreciatedsmilie
#256 Posted: 14:43:17 15/03/2015
Alright! I've got another two Swap Force Skylanders ready here:
smilie Washbuckler Top Half:Bubble Buccaneer, Bottom Half Ink Artist B-Tier
His bubble gun attacks are reliable and ranged, while the residual damage from ink really helps a lot as well. His bottom half Soul Gem also literally propels you out of big crowds of trouble, and actually does decent damage.
smilie Blast Zone Top Half: Ignition, Bottom Half Temperatures Rising B-Tier
Ignition lets you have a shield up that powers up your attacks, and Temperatures Rising gives you speed and an aura shield.
EDIT:I've got another one!
smilie Free Ranger Top Half:Storm Focus, Bottom Half Lighting Linguist B-Tier
Stunning enemies lets your towers get a few extra hits, and makes enemies easier to hit with the lighting bolt that comes with turning into a tornado.
---
^This might be sarcasm.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:06:35 15/03/2015 by The Bone Chompy
#257 Posted: 00:50:21 16/03/2015 | Topic Creator
I'll add them soon.
#258 Posted: 02:21:10 16/03/2015
Quote: The Bone Chompy
smilie Washbuckler Top Half:Bubble Buccaneer, Bottom Half Ink Artist B-Tier
His bubble gun attacks are reliable and ranged, while the residual damage from ink really helps a lot as well. His bottom half Soul Gem also literally propels you out of big crowds of trouble, and actually does decent damage.

smilie Wash Buckler is one of my favorites from Swap Force. I prefer Cutlass Captain + Ink Artist. I like to spam the roll dash + ink a lot and then throw in a medium-charged melee dash every so often for damage spikes. The bubble gun is still useful when you need it, but I like the synergy of using the roll + ink damage in combination with melee attacks.

I just today reset my smilie Lob Star from Shooting Star to The Boiler and I'm really liking The Boiler a lot more. It makes boiling not feel as much like a chore. The boil lasts 2-3 times longer, and the dash gets way better. The ranged attack is still really powerful, but he feels way less like a one-trick pony with this path, imo.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:21:43 16/03/2015 by samuraituretsky
#259 Posted: 02:49:29 16/03/2015 | Topic Creator
I have a big test this week and I preordered the 3 dragons. Sorry for not adding things but I will soon.
#260 Posted: 00:30:51 20/03/2015
I preodered blackout and am going to buy spotlight and echo soon afterwards as well. I might get a light and dark trap as well. kinda of a haul for me since I usually get one figure/trap at a time... so if you want spare time GigaCamo...
---
No Pie, No Glory!
#261 Posted: 02:09:54 20/03/2015 | Topic Creator
It would be awesomesmilie We should do opposit paths then. For Echo I call Echo- Singalong. I don't want to spoil the two dragons so I'm going to have to wait until they ship to my house.
#262 Posted: 19:28:23 23/03/2015
I'll do top paths for smilie and smilie, btw if you can get the skylandereditor to work you could switch paths easily....
---
No Pie, No Glory!
#263 Posted: 20:47:19 23/03/2015 | Topic Creator
What's that? Is it on Wii or Wii U?
#264 Posted: 00:42:44 25/03/2015
its a computer program, it saves skylander data into an unencrypted file which you can edit.
---
No Pie, No Glory!
#265 Posted: 02:50:55 25/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Dose it work on MAC? Dose it cost money?
#266 Posted: 14:26:59 25/03/2015
I've gotten another Swapper after a long delay!
smilie Stink Bomb, Top Half The Art of Skunk-Fu, Bottom Half Skunk Cloud Controller C-Tier
His ninja stars can hit many enemies, but because they do little damage, they're not very effective. His Skunk Clouds, though, are fun to set as traps, and his invisibility allows him to last longer.

Also, not to be rude, but GigaCamo, when will you add these?
---
^This might be sarcasm.
#267 Posted: 16:54:10 25/03/2015
Quote: GigaCamo
Dose it work on MAC? Dose it cost money?

it's free, but I'm not sure if it works on mac...
---
No Pie, No Glory!
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#268 Posted: 19:14:41 25/03/2015
smilie on the Puppet Master path must be at least A tier. The phantom puppets do lots of damage, the explosions does near 60 damage on each puppet, his soul gem is ridiculous and his cutting worlds attack temporarily slows down the enemies while getting damaged at the same time. As for his Scary Seamster path, I just say C tier since his needle is good, but only trapping smaller enemies is a real letdown.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#269 Posted: 23:41:23 25/03/2015 | Topic Creator
I'll add the Charecters tomorrowif I'm free.
#270 Posted: 16:00:20 29/03/2015
smilie
Wing warrior: S tier
---
No Pie, No Glory!
#271 Posted: 20:14:32 29/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Echo- Singalong defenatly S Tier. 700 damage and infinate breath.
#272 Posted: 20:43:16 29/03/2015
Quote: ppmdoesskylands
smilie

I don't know. He has good mobility but pretty weak damage and survivability on this path, imo.

I think she might be S on either path, but mostly due to the versatility with the bubbles and the damage (DPS) of the scream. The 700 damage AoE everybody seems to be gushing over is pretty lackluster, imo. ~5s charge up time, locked in place during the charge, is not all that impressive, imo. That is only ~140 damage per second. The scream does more than that once it is ticking faster.
---
Burning Gnorc Emerald Sparx Gems: 3463
#273 Posted: 23:05:55 29/03/2015
Sounds like if you can get a cutscene in those modes, the Prince of Darkness Path is glitch-tier.
---
Eh.
#274 Posted: 02:51:22 30/03/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Burning Gnorc
Sounds like if you can get a cutscene in those modes, the Prince of Darkness Path is glitch-tier.

I'll concider adding him when doing the glitch at S tier and him not using the glitch somewhere else.
#275 Posted: 19:38:07 30/03/2015
Quote: samuraituretsky
smilie

I don't know. He has good mobility but pretty weak damage and survivability on this path, imo.

I think she might be S on either path, but mostly due to the versatility with the bubbles and the damage (DPS) of the scream. The 700 damage AoE everybody seems to be gushing over is pretty lackluster, imo. ~5s charge up time, locked in place during the charge, is not all that impressive, imo. That is only ~140 damage per second. The scream does more than that once it is ticking faster.

on blackout, when using warp speed, he is invincible...
---
No Pie, No Glory!
#276 Posted: 02:25:57 31/03/2015
on blackout, when using warp speed, he is invincible...

Hmm. I might need to reset him again and see. I started out on Winged Warrior but reset to the other path because it seemed sort of weak. I haven't really played a whole lot with him on either path though.
---
#277 Posted: 16:49:43 01/04/2015
smilie The Visionary A tier
---
No Pie, No Glory!
#278 Posted: 22:44:47 01/04/2015
smilie Ghost Roaster-S Tier. His charge attack does 942 damage per hit, and he has invincibility with little cost.
---
^This might be sarcasm.
#279 Posted: 22:01:41 02/04/2015
smilie Bubble Up! A tier
---
No Pie, No Glory!
#280 Posted: 01:59:11 03/04/2015 | Topic Creator
smilie Ghost Roaster-S Tier. His charge attack does 942 damage per hit, and he has invincibility with little cost.

Geeeze. Sorry for the long wait but all your reconditions are being registered. This one is going to be HUGE and will take a bit of time. Expect late night or in the morning.
#281 Posted: 22:30:03 05/04/2015

Geeeze. Sorry for the long wait but all your reconditions are being registered. This one is going to be HUGE and will take a bit of time. Expect late night or in the morning.

Alright, lol. Ghost Roaster actually does 241 damage for that attack, because I tested his attacks on the Academy dummies, and apprently they lie A LOT. Still pretty good, though. The invincibility thing. So, S Tier still.
---
^This might be sarcasm.
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5537
#282 Posted: 17:56:06 07/04/2015
I tried out a bunch of Villains in the Doom Challenge, but I could only find a good idea for two. Three, actually, but Tae Kwon Crow was already up there.

Grave Clobber: D Tier. His attacks deal a fair amount of damage, but he's slow and doesn't have any ranged attacks, so he can't get to towers or the locked box that fast if enemies are attacking. I have yet to try him in arenas, but I doubt it'll be any better.

Cuckoo Clocker: E Tier. Both of his attacks leave him stationary and vunerable to retaliation, and I'm not exactly sure if his screech actually does damage. He's also pretty slow.
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
#283 Posted: 12:42:17 08/04/2015
I tried out a bunch of Villains in the Doom Challenge, but I could only find a good idea for two. Three, actually, but Tae Kwon Crow was already up there.

Grave Clobber: D Tier. His attacks deal a fair amount of damage, but he's slow and doesn't have any ranged attacks, so he can't get to towers or the locked box that fast if enemies are attacking. I have yet to try him in arenas, but I doubt it'll be any better.

Cuckoo Clocker: E Tier. Both of his attacks leave him stationary and vunerable to retaliation, and I'm not exactly sure if his screech actually does damage. He's also pretty slow.

Cuckoo Clocker...should stay at S Tier. He is a one-shot ZZZUPER FUNZZZ(POWERFULZZZ) attacker. His screech shouldn't do damage actually, his screech STUNS enemies, so that he can charge up his pound attack. Though it won't get charged up to full, his charge will not stop when hit. His full charge, though, does 1400+ damage AND has a large splash damage radius-and the splash does full damage.
Sp yeah. S-Tier.
---
^This might be sarcasm.
ExcitonKnight Gold Sparx Gems: 2745
#284 Posted: 03:02:49 10/04/2015
Blackout Prince of Darkness S-Tier, no doubt about it. The glitch can be activated by those annoying tornados in Kaos Mode.
---
Merry Christmas ya filthy animal
#285 Posted: 13:23:57 12/04/2015 | Topic Creator
I will add his glitch at S Tier.
#286 Posted: 00:13:33 13/04/2015
Why the swappers no have been added yet???
---
^This might be sarcasm.
#287 Posted: 02:29:36 13/04/2015 | Topic Creator
They are heard to record but will be added soon.
#288 Posted: 14:25:33 14/04/2015
They are heard to record but will be added soon.

...heard to record? Lol whut
---
^This might be sarcasm.
#289 Posted: 15:38:59 14/04/2015 | Topic Creator
I ment hard. Stupid auto correctsmilie
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#290 Posted: 23:45:22 22/04/2015
I tested out some SSF guys, and wow.. I haven't really used them much in Trap team but a few are actually buffed~

smilie Rubble Rouser: B-Tier: All of his paths seem B tier, though he is about as close to A tier as you can get.. I don't have the exact numbers, but his primary attack, his melee hammer attacks, has a tad improved range, and can do about 156-200-ish in every hit, and he easily chains 3-hits in a combo, and takes out large enemies faster than basically all other non-STT landers. His secondary attack does about 173, and his third attack does 77, then rapidly dishes out some 36 pointers, almost as fast as Drobot, but at close range,
His melee seems improved, and his health is about 900 when fully upgraded. The reason he's not A tier, is becuase his second attack requires him to stand still, and the miner helpers don't make a significant difference, especially when RR himself is quite slow..
Overall, I was very impressed~

smilie Fire Kraken: C or D-tier: He's still quite fast, both with speed and melee, but his best attacks can only do about 40-70
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:46:46 22/04/2015 by Badwolfmichael
Qcumber Yellow Sparx Gems: 1054
#291 Posted: 18:33:24 10/05/2015
Drill Sergeant's Auto-Cannon/Hail Storm/Futurecannon can fire whilst moving/attacking, and on the dash (second path, he can do it infinitely. It's better at targeting big enemies, and sometimes hard to target overall. But it keeps firing when the button is held down, and you can still move/attack when firing.
---
You can't handle MEMES
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:45:48 10/05/2015 by Qcumber
#292 Posted: 19:03:40 10/05/2015
^If I remember correctly, his damage is pathetic.
---
#293 Posted: 19:48:48 10/05/2015
^Only for the "Auto"-cannon.
---
^This might be sarcasm.
#294 Posted: 20:05:14 10/05/2015
^I meant in general, at least compared to all the other skylanders,
---
#295 Posted: 03:22:59 11/05/2015 | Topic Creator
In Giants it did rapid 20. Considering the range it is a very good move.
Angry Rage Quit Yellow Sparx Gems: 1488
#296 Posted: 08:43:03 10/06/2015
Given that Trap Team is well in its way to bowing out, this point is probably really late: I think you need to clarify a difficulty that this tier listing applies to.

It might just be a really subjective view or one that applies to my style of play, but I find certain Skylanders and/or moves useless for Nightmare mode.
For example, Echo - I would much rather run the Bubbles path than the Screech path. Standing still to charge a move is pretty much a death scentence IMO, even if the payoff is 700+ damage! Kiting enemies while laying down bubbles, maintaining full mobility the whole time is much more sound.

I could be entirely wrong of course, and just rubbish at playing the game!
---
Whip up a storm!
night bomb guy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1538
#297 Posted: 22:33:12 30/07/2015
Evolved Kaos: EE tier
---
This account has been closed in favor of a new account name.
#298 Posted: 22:44:22 30/07/2015
^Kaos needs his own tier, even above the EE's because at least the EE's can die.
---
Epic popthorn Emerald Sparx Gems: 3277
#299 Posted: 22:10:57 06/08/2015
Quote: Epic popthorn
Sorry. I don't own him. Perhaps you can try him?

I already did.

Quote: Epic popthorn
Popthorn-Tuff and Puffed- His spike shooting attack is fast and does pretty good damage(And they're homing). His roll is ok but if you're surrounded it can help a lot, when unpuffing he blasts out huge blast of air, clearing out enemies. And when you puff back up you deal damage to everything near you. His air breathing attack is rapid but doesn't do tons of damage, but when you're unpuffed you go really fast, which you can dodge a lot of attacks with. His "landmines" are decent, if you being chased you can just lay a few of these down. You also get good defense when puffed up.

I think he's S Tier. If people don't agree with me then he should definitely A tier.

Here it is!

I'm just gonna post this again because popthorn still hasn't been added
Dark Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2623
#300 Posted: 03:54:33 08/08/2015
I don't see thunderbolt on the list..
I'd say thunderbolt- sword combos path A/B. Tier
He's a beast imo.
---
Psn-Zydren8cookie, FC 3024-5345-8692
First | Previous | Page 6 of 7 | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me