darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > The Definitive Skylanders Arena/Kaos Mode Tier List: TRAP TEAM EDITION!
First | Previous | Page 4 of 7 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
The Definitive Skylanders Arena/Kaos Mode Tier List: TRAP TEAM EDITION! [STICKY]
davidm4400 Green Sparx Gems: 466
#151 Posted: 04:56:54 04/01/2015
How can I help with this? just go on the final Kaos Doom Challenge and see how good a character is?
---
Characters left for SA, SG, and SW: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie andsmilie
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#152 Posted: 05:03:45 04/01/2015 | Topic Creator
That's a start.
davidm4400 Green Sparx Gems: 466
#153 Posted: 05:22:21 04/01/2015
well my smilie with his Web Spinner and Fire Tech upgrade path was able to beat the final KDC on medium
---
Characters left for SA, SG, and SW: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie andsmilie
ExcitonKnight Gold Sparx Gems: 2745
#154 Posted: 05:38:15 04/01/2015
I'd just like to note that all of my testing is done on hard mode.
---
Merry Christmas ya filthy animal
#155 Posted: 12:34:57 04/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Mine is on normal. Anyways I'm going to try out all of the dragons today.
#156 Posted: 02:49:23 06/01/2015
Cobra Cadabra on Concerto Cobra is abso-flute-ly amazing, A-S-Tier, I beat "A Fight to Remember" with him like it ain't no thang on Hard mode (no villain)

His first attack(flute):Very good projectile attack, very good damage. The "Reverb Riff" upgrade is an absolute GOD-SEND (notes bounce off of enemies and walls) and it ABSOLUTELY decimates enemies. His charmer solo attack from the Concerto path is okay, it's better than using Masker-Mind, that's for sure, since you can charm multiple enemies at a time.

His second attack(baskets): Decent, I wish they shot something like venom, it's still a decent attack. The damage can stack up really well if multiple are positioned correctly.

His third attack(launch): Great escape move, especially since it leaves a basket behind.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:39:17 14/02/2015 by ExcitonKnight
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#157 Posted: 15:30:21 06/01/2015
On a Fight to Remember, as usual.

Knight Light - Scimitar Slasher - A or maybe even S tier

I had barely any trouble at all with him on this path. His Traptanium Scimitar may not be the strongest attack, but it can knock enemies into the air and leave them vulnerable, which is very useful, especially when dealing with the more annoying enemies like the Evilikin Spinners or the Cyclops Dragons. His Prismatic Pounce is an okay attack. It leaves behind a circle of light that powers up Knight Light's attacks if he stands in it and slows down enemies if they stand in it. His Light Up attack is useful for surprising enemies, and with his Speed of Light upgrade it works as an effective means of getting up close to enemies or dodging.

Knight Mare - Flamberge Aficionado - B Tier

On this path, Knight Mare's Traptanium Flamberge attacks are pretty strong, and her combo attacks are very useful depending on the situation. Plus, they continue to damage enemies after slashing them, so there's also that. Her Shadow Joust is a very powerful attack, though the charge up can leave her vulnerable. Her Battle Horn is useful for stunning the regular-sized enemies. The Shadow Clones she created from it at first weren't really all that useful, but after purchasing her Soul Gem, they began to help out more. Speaking of her Soul Gem, it has a wide AOE that prevents other enemies from seeing you, which is pretty good.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#158 Posted: 17:27:58 06/01/2015 | Topic Creator
I'll add them all! Thanks!
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#159 Posted: 16:30:58 10/01/2015
Brawlrus, is a G/F. His starfish cannon is weak (17 damage) and his secondary giant starfish is hard to aim, and it moves to slow to even make it worth using.

AdamGregory, I have to disagree on Knight light's knock up attack. I find it, when using it in levels near areas with ledges, it will just knock the enemy of the battlefield, and onto the ground under it. A great example is Midnight museum, on one area, there's a round battle field, and he just kept knocking the stupid bird... rocket launcher... things... off , and they could still hit him. But other times, on areas that you can just fall off the side, it just kills them.

EDIT: Eye five, E/F tier. His first attack is too slow, but does some decent damage. His second attack takes a kind of long time to charge up, but makes his first attack worth using.
---
Dead
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:54:18 10/01/2015 by mega spyro
#160 Posted: 17:17:04 10/01/2015
mega spyro, this is a tier list for Arena Challenges and Kaos Doom Challenges, not the story levels.
---
Check this out! Please?
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#161 Posted: 17:19:58 10/01/2015
Whirlwind on the bottom path has to be at least a B,

Just place down three storm clouds near the spawing point, and in hard mode Cukoo Clockers, Eye Fives, and Krankensteins all get killed in a matter of seconds... that continuous chained lightning is beast...
#162 Posted: 03:46:25 12/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Got it! Sorry. I've recently been very busy.
xXBeavcoonXx Gold Sparx Gems: 2628
#163 Posted: 14:04:36 12/01/2015
Wallop- Tantrum thrower is OP
Can kill an armored Grave Clobber with one tantrum (with a little time to spare)

And he has his long range attacks in case there is a trap inbetween him and the enemy (slime trail, fire, etc.)

I'd say S Tier, but at least A tier
---
now its time to get funky
#164 Posted: 03:37:47 14/01/2015 | Topic Creator
I'll get it soon.
#165 Posted: 19:14:52 18/01/2015
We need more people contributing, I'll test the remaining Doom Raiders tomorrow
---
#166 Posted: 03:04:30 19/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Thanks. I don't want this to die. I tested High Five's slam path and I believe S Tier due to the fact your pretty much the quickest character to get to towers and the doom box when they are under attack. You can also shoot repeated range without running out. His slam is a risky one but on this path your apples heal you more so if you get apples you shouldn't die.
#167 Posted: 03:32:50 19/01/2015
^S Tier seems a little high, but I haven't tested HF yet and mine's on the other path
---
#168 Posted: 04:36:42 19/01/2015 | Topic Creator
He should be S or A tier.
#169 Posted: 14:37:26 19/01/2015
I tested Rage Mage in A Fight To Remember yesterday, and I think F/G tier. His primary attack is hard to hit anything if it moves, you just bounce off anything you do hit (which kept sending me into the fire on the side), and it only does 23 damage, and that's evolved! His secondary is utterly useless, it keeps him stationary, and if you aren't switching back to a skylander, it does nothing.

Bad Juju is around B/C. Her Primary lightning strike does 105 damage, and tracks on to any enemy. Her secondary (tornado) is decent, if you want to suck up a mob of Chompies, but only does 22 damage.

I'm going to try and do, Dr.Krankcase, Bruiser cruiser, Pain-yatta, Gulper, And Golden Queen later today.

Also, what do you do when a villain runs out of timer? I just run around trying not to get hit, but not attacking, and let my villain recharge. Please, tell me if I'm doing it wrong
---
Dead
#170 Posted: 14:51:01 19/01/2015
Well, in Rage Mage's defense, he is more of a support villain. Like Broccoli Guy.
---
Check this out! Please?
#171 Posted: 16:40:58 19/01/2015
Quote: mega spyro
I tested Rage Mage in A Fight To Remember yesterday, and I think F/G tier. His primary attack is hard to hit anything if it moves, you just bounce off anything you do hit (which kept sending me into the fire on the side), and it only does 23 damage, and that's evolved! His secondary is utterly useless, it keeps him stationary, and if you aren't switching back to a skylander, it does nothing.

Bad Juju is around B/C. Her Primary lightning strike does 105 damage, and tracks on to any enemy. Her secondary (tornado) is decent, if you want to suck up a mob of Chompies, but only does 22 damage.

I'm going to try and do, Dr.Krankcase, Bruiser cruiser, Pain-yatta, Gulper, And Golden Queen later today.

Also, what do you do when a villain runs out of timer? I just run around trying not to get hit, but not attacking, and let my villain recharge. Please, tell me if I'm doing it wrong

GigaCamo told me to test the remaining doom raiders, so I'll take care of those later today smilie
---
#172 Posted: 21:12:31 19/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: AdamGregory03
Well, in Rage Mage's defense, he is more of a support villain. Like Broccoli Guy.

I'm only really counting how good they do without switching. That's why Chill Bill sucks.
#173 Posted: 21:25:24 19/01/2015
Quote: GigaCamo

I'm only really counting how good they do without switching. That's why Chill Bill sucks.

Yeah, true that.
---
Check this out! Please?
#174 Posted: 21:34:44 19/01/2015
Golden Queen deserves to be in S-Tier, no doubt

Her First Attack: Really good area attack to use when surrounded. The range could be better, but for what it is, it's pretty good

Her Second Attack: Freezes smaller enemies, very useful, it also gives you a little bit of money, but that's not important in these modes. Really helpful for making enemies vulnerable while you beat the crap out of them. As for bigger enemies, it slows them down, which is what makes it better than most stunning moves since they don't work at all with big enemies

Her Third attack: Basically a turret that is really powerful and fast, and it works especially since she can freeze enemies. This attack is a godsend, not much else needs to be said.
---
#175 Posted: 22:49:57 19/01/2015
Her third attack also stays behind after you tag her out.
---
Dead
Epic popthorn Emerald Sparx Gems: 3277
#176 Posted: 00:47:56 20/01/2015
Quote: Epic popthorn
Sorry. I don't own him. Perhaps you can try him?

I already did.

Popthorn-Tuff and Puffed- His spike shooting attack is fast and does pretty good damage(And they're homing). His roll is ok but if you're surrounded it can help a lot, when unpuffing he blasts out huge blast of air, clearing out enemies. And when you puff back up you deal damage to everything near you. His air breathing attack is rapid but doesn't do tons of damage, but when you're unpuffed you go really fast, which you can dodge a lot of attacks with. His "landmines" are decent, if you being chased you can just lay a few of these down. You also get good defense when puffed up.

I think he's S Tier. If people don't agree with me then he should definitely A tier.

Here it is!

I'm just gonna put this here...
#177 Posted: 00:58:55 20/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Sorry. I don't own him. Perhaps you can try him?

I already did.

Popthorn-Tuff and Puffed- His spike shooting attack is fast and does pretty good damage(And they're homing). His roll is ok but if you're surrounded it can help a lot, when unpuffing he blasts out huge blast of air, clearing out enemies. And when you puff back up you deal damage to everything near you. His air breathing attack is rapid but doesn't do tons of damage, but when you're unpuffed you go really fast, which you can dodge a lot of attacks with. His "landmines" are decent, if you being chased you can just lay a few of these down. You also get good defense when puffed up.

I think he's S Tier. If people don't agree with me then he should definitely A tier.

Here it is!

I'm just gonna put this here...

You already did.
#178 Posted: 02:50:01 20/01/2015 | Topic Creator
I added an update. I will add Pop Thorn tomorrow.
#179 Posted: 04:37:13 20/01/2015
I've noticed how so far all the G-Tier characters are villains.
---
Check this out! Please?
JayjeA Blue Sparx Gems: 636
#180 Posted: 04:47:51 20/01/2015
If you need more folks to contribute for the stats, performance of certain pieces in Kaos/Arena MODE, lemme know maybe I can use some of the info/footage for my channel.
---
I'm a recent convert to Skylandering and I LOVE it! I'm doing a SUPERCHARGERS LP! I also do UnBoxing videos!
#181 Posted: 11:08:16 20/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: JayjeA
If you need more folks to contribute for the stats, performance of certain pieces in Kaos/Arena MODE, lemme know maybe I can use some of the info/footage for my channel.

All help is appreciated.
#182 Posted: 11:10:46 20/01/2015 | Topic Creator

That Tier was specifically made for bad villains with two attacks.
#183 Posted: 11:31:01 20/01/2015
You forgot to add Wallop in A tier. The update says he is A tier but he isn't there. Just thought I should let you know.
---
#184 Posted: 14:43:58 20/01/2015

That Tier was specifically made for bad villains with two attacks.

A perfect place for them.
---
Check this out! Please?
#185 Posted: 15:31:07 20/01/2015
How Should we do swappers? Only use the top half's attacks, then only use the bottom's attacks? Or just rate it like Night shade, top has proper vampire, bottom has under bat?
---
Dead
#186 Posted: 16:53:36 20/01/2015
Quote: mega spyro
How Should we do swappers? Only use the top half's attacks, then only use the bottom's attacks? Or just rate it like Night shade, top has proper vampire, bottom has under bat?

Just test them with their correct halves I'm guessing.

Speaking of which, I have a question as well. Does it matter if characters are Level 20 or not? Because I was planning on doing some more testing tomorrow.
---
Check this out! Please?
#187 Posted: 20:47:53 20/01/2015 | Topic Creator
I said in the rules that SWAP Force are only judged on their correct halves. I added Wallop in S Tier.
#188 Posted: 18:53:16 21/01/2015
Did some more testing today.

Tree Rex - Treefolk Charger Path - B Tier

He is a physical powerhouse on this path. His Shockwave Slam is a pretty strong move, and his Sequoia Stampede helps make up for his lack of speed. And the Titanic Elbow Drop is a powerful attack if you can pull it off. His Photosynthesis Cannon isn't really that great of a move, but does give him some range. And the Woodpecker Pal really helps out, especially against the tougher enemies.

Cross Crow - C or at least D Tier

His arrows have great range and do decent damage, though his rate of fire is pretty slow, mainly able to just fire two or three at a time. His swooping crows attack is okay, and it does stun the regular enemies, which can be useful for the spinning Evilikin, Cyclops Dragons, or other annoying enemies.
---
Check this out! Please?
#189 Posted: 20:34:21 21/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Ill add them.
#190 Posted: 21:37:40 21/01/2015
Cool.
---
Check this out! Please?
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#191 Posted: 22:05:24 21/01/2015
I have one for Smolderdash,

smilie ~ B Tier or C Tier ~~ Her primary attack, her whip, though doesn't do much damage, is very fast, though her secondary attack with the fire balls is slow, and very slow when charged up. Her "Smolderdash" Soul Gem power is actually very effective, and she is very fast and Eclipse mode really lets her deal lots of damage very quickly, though she's very fragile when it comes to health ( or maybe it's defense? ) Despite not doing lots of damage, she's fast, and the Smolderdash attack allows her to escape large groups, or Cukoo Clockers, Krankensteins, etc. She's kind of a "hit and run" character, and easily dodges most attacks.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:51:34 21/01/2015 by Badwolfmichael
#192 Posted: 11:14:06 22/01/2015 | Topic Creator
I'll add her to B Tier.
#193 Posted: 22:21:40 25/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Any news lately?
#194 Posted: 22:42:33 25/01/2015
What do you mean by news? If you mean testing, yeah, it has been slow.
---
Check this out! Please?
#195 Posted: 22:50:35 25/01/2015
I'll test a few skylanders as soon as possible.
---
#196 Posted: 02:56:45 26/01/2015
I've been really busy with schoolwork lately, but Tuesday will most likely be a snow day for me so hopefully more testing will be done then.
---
#197 Posted: 03:37:29 27/01/2015 | Topic Creator
I've been busy with schoolwork as well. I can only really play on weekends. I've lately haven't updated because I got the Wii U version with a downloadable code that came with the Wii version. I want to beat Story then I'll try again but I will take your help.
#198 Posted: 14:38:54 05/02/2015 | Topic Creator
Ive beat story mode on the Wii u. I'm going to try Trail Blazer.
Friendzie Blue Sparx Gems: 611
#199 Posted: 16:25:08 05/02/2015
Fragment path Gearshift should be in S tier. Good mobility, insane projectile spam on a Drobot level, especially if you're close enough that the mini gears are all hitting the enemies.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:03:48 05/02/2015 by Friendzie
#200 Posted: 19:15:55 05/02/2015
Quote: Friendzie
Fragment path Gearshift should be in S tier. Good mobility, insane projectile spam on a Drobot level, especially if you're close enough that the mini gears are all hitting the enemies.

This. This. THIS.
---
Check this out! Please?
First | Previous | Page 4 of 7 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me