Page 1 of 1
Wii Version Freezing AGAIN!!
Bouncepad Green Sparx Gems: 132
#1 Posted: 18:15:32 07/10/2014 | Topic Creator
This is ridiculous. If anyone remembers from Swap Force's release, the Wii version was basically unplayable for about a month after launch because it kept freezing until Activision patched something. Unbelievably, my Wii version of Trap Team has now done the "big" freeze TWICE (the freeze where you basically have to unplug your Wii to restart, the sound goes crazy, completely unplayable, etc). This has happened on level 8 and 9. How could Activision let this happen again?!? Anyone other Wii owners experiencing this?
WilltheWizard Yellow Sparx Gems: 1779
#2 Posted: 18:24:41 07/10/2014
Quote: Bouncepad
This is ridiculous. If anyone remembers from Swap Force's release, the Wii version was basically unplayable for about a month after launch because it kept freezing until Activision patched something. Unbelievably, my Wii version of Trap Team has now done the "big" freeze TWICE (the freeze where you basically have to unplug your Wii to restart, the sound goes crazy, completely unplayable, etc). This has happened on level 8 and 9. How could Activision let this happen again?!? Anyone other Wii owners experiencing this?

OMG1 The same thing happened to me to on the same levels! I put on Bomb Shell on Levels 8 and 9 and it froze! They need to fix this!
---
Spread those positive vibes
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#3 Posted: 18:32:27 07/10/2014
I KNEW IT!!!!
That rotten old Wii ALWAYS did that to me in Swap Force
I had to reset my WHOLE game to play it normally and I was already on chapter 5 :'(
Thank goodnes I have a PS3 now
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:33:04 07/10/2014 by Deja Vu
#4 Posted: 18:35:03 07/10/2014 | Topic Creator
It's not the Wiis fault. The Wii only does what it is programmed to do. What I don't understand is how Activision let this happen AGAIN. Hopefully it is like Swap Force and it is some server error (or whatever they said fixed it last time).
#5 Posted: 18:38:10 07/10/2014 | Topic Creator
If your Wii version is freezing, post when and what was happening when it froze in this thread.

Mine froze on level 8 and 9 when I was switching characters, and both times right at the end of the levels.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#6 Posted: 18:43:32 07/10/2014
If your Wii version is freezing, post when and what was happening when it froze in this thread.

Mine froze on level 8 and 9 when I was switching characters, and both times right at the end of the levels.

Post it in the bug thread. Then call Activision. And let us know.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#7 Posted: 18:46:46 07/10/2014
Mine was on Swap Force:
1. Chapter on flynn's ship, shortly before the chompies came with Smolderdash and Hex, it just freeze I couldn't move everthing stopped and it made a horrible noise
2. An arena (the one with the sand) two enemies stood at the edge of the cavern, I feel down with Hex and shoot like 5 phantom orbs at once and then, while I was falling it freeze and made that noise again
It happened a lot more times later, but I can't remember when and where, it even freezes now sometimes
#8 Posted: 18:57:48 07/10/2014 | Topic Creator
I think there should be a separate thread for Wii freezes as this is a game-breaker and was a major issue last time. Sorting through PS3 / XBOXone glitches when dealing with a already known game-breaking Wii issue would be tedious. Also, please focus your freezes on the Trap Team version.
#9 Posted: 19:15:48 07/10/2014 | Topic Creator
Found this on Activision's website:

2. I keep crashing and I’m having a hard time completing the level Telescope Tower.

A crash may occur on the Wii upon spending more than 15 minutes in this level, which occurs by trying to visit all areas. We recommend completing this particular level without completing optional areas, then replaying the level a few times, visiting a few different areas each time.

So that explain the level 9 freeze... because apparently no play-tester was on the level for more than 15 minutes to discover this game-breaking freeze....
#10 Posted: 19:19:09 07/10/2014
Also, please focus your freezes on the Trap Team version.

I don't have Trap Team yet smilie
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#11 Posted: 19:27:25 07/10/2014

2. I keep crashing and I’m having a hard time completing the level Telescope Tower.

A crash may occur on the Wii upon spending more than 15 minutes in this level, which occurs by trying to visit all areas. We recommend completing this particular level without completing optional areas, then replaying the level a few times, visiting a few different areas each time.

So that explain the level 9 freeze... because apparently no play-tester was on the level for more than 15 minutes to discover this game-breaking freeze....

...and here i thought they have put some care into the old wii version... i remember clearly tfb saying in a video they personally did take special care of the old wii version this time, to ensure a quality product... this was another lie i guess.

i say take your game back to the shop and demand your money back, this is not acceptable at all....
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#12 Posted: 20:32:12 07/10/2014
Thats what they get for still making Wii versions while its clearly that the Wii is just old and can't handle these games anymore...
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
SirKev7 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1251
#13 Posted: 22:25:25 07/10/2014
THIS is their solution?! This is a joke. Please tell me this is a joke.
Sboy13 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3165
#14 Posted: 00:51:19 08/10/2014
So, looks like the Wii freezing fiasco isn't over then, and it wasn't Beenox's fault last time... honestly, I kind of expected this to happen. It's evident that the Wii just can't handle this game anymore; so glad I have a Wii U now. I expect Sky5 to have no Wii version, after this freezing fiasco TWICE in a row; and if it does have one, then I will be utterly surprised.

By the way, their answer to every single question about a glitch in the Trap Team FAQ is a joke... the number of questions about possible glitches makes it look like this game is the buggiest entry in the series yet. And knowing Activision, they won't patch anything, because they don't care. >.>
---
Purple dragon.
shadowfox Platinum Sparx Gems: 5084
#15 Posted: 01:44:26 08/10/2014
Im surprised that people expected the wii not to have freezing or crashing issues.
#16 Posted: 01:56:35 08/10/2014
If you and they expected a non-pleasant experience from Wii, it should not have been produced. They are burning bridges from their primary platform. And it's their own fault.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#17 Posted: 11:37:24 08/10/2014
Time to upgrade to Wii U and use the download code they offer with the Wii Starter Pack.
---
bye
#18 Posted: 11:45:16 08/10/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster
If you and they expected a non-pleasant experience from Wii, it should not have been produced. They are burning bridges from their primary platform. And it's their own fault.

people expected it, why?... because tfb was saying they personally did take special care of the old wii version this time, to ensure a quality product... thats why...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
DannySkylander Green Sparx Gems: 136
#19 Posted: 11:59:07 08/10/2014
Quote: SirKev7
THIS is their solution?! This is a joke. Please tell me this is a joke.

This is exactly what I was thinking.
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#20 Posted: 12:43:59 08/10/2014
Quote: newkill
Time to upgrade to Wii U and use the download code they offer with the Wii Starter Pack.

This. I get the Wii version only cause I have no other console. As soon as I have a Wii U I'm so gonna use that update code!
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#21 Posted: 14:45:16 08/10/2014
Quote: CountMoneyBone
[...] because tfb was saying they personally did take special care of the old wii version this time, to ensure a quality product...

Where can we read or hear this?
---
bye
shadowfox Platinum Sparx Gems: 5084
#22 Posted: 02:38:05 09/10/2014
I wonder if they purposely made the wii bad to "encourage" upgrading to wii u. I would not be surprised.
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#23 Posted: 04:42:00 09/10/2014
Quote: shadowfox
I wonder if they purposely made the wii bad to "encourage" upgrading to wii u. I would not be surprised.

I would be incredibly surprised if this were the case. Activision doesn't have any incentive to force customers to purchase a newer gaming system since they don't make any money directly off of them and they're still cleaning up off of Wii copies of every Skylanders game to date. In another month, the Wii will have launched 8 years ago. It launched as a system with substandard graphical and processing capabilities as compared to the Xbox 360 (launched approximately 1 year prior) and PS3 (launched approximately 4 months later). With the newer Skylanders games becoming more and more graphically and processor intensive, the Wii honestly just doesn't have the hardware to keep up. You can only optimize ported code and dumb down sound quality and graphics so long before you either end up with a game that looks and sounds so bad that nobody wants to play it (and people complain) or it occasionally stutters due to the heavy requirements put on the system's hardware (and people complain). It was a lose/lose situation for the Wii with Swap Force and its moreso now.

Based on a rumor a friend passed on to me this evening, I did some reading, and it looks like Toys For Bob didn't do all of the development for Trap Team as they'd originally promised. Beenox is credited for original development for every system Trap Team launched on save iOS. Seeing as they're the ones who took the brunt of the blame for the Swap Force Wii debacle, it's possible that they're responsible this time around as well. Food for thought.

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
#24 Posted: 04:54:13 09/10/2014
You know, my Spyro's advanture freezes alot too. I think this is not a fault of the game... I think its the wii itself that needs an upgrade.
#25 Posted: 13:45:04 09/10/2014
Quote: NINJAsk11
You know, my Spyro's advanture freezes alot too. I think this is not a fault of the game... I think its the wii itself that needs an upgrade.

SSA froze once on my Wii recently too. I think the main case has just been that the Wii is underpowered, and is not able to handle these types of games. To add to that statement, every Skylanders game I've played on my Wii has always lagged at some point. It's a great system, but it's just too weak.
---
Purple dragon.
#26 Posted: 14:57:29 09/10/2014
Quote: Sboy13

SSA froze once on my Wii recently too. I think the main case has just been that the Wii is underpowered, and is not able to handle these types of games. To add to that statement, every Skylanders game I've played on my Wii has always lagged at some point. It's a great system, but it's just too weak.

Finally someone who understands what I say.
Well, its not only Skylanders Games for me. Its mainly when the Portal is attached...
#27 Posted: 15:52:00 09/10/2014
Quote: Sboy13

Finally someone who understands what I say.
Well, its not only Skylanders Games for me. Its mainly when the Portal is attached...

Do you have the SSF portal connected? I wonder if these new portals, with their wires, are making some sort of interference with the Wii, causing it to freeze in the middle of games. I've only ever had the SSF portal connected when I'm playing Skylanders, and I was using the SSF portal when the SSA freeze happened. :/
---
Purple dragon.
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#28 Posted: 15:54:43 09/10/2014
Well, SSA had the best version on the Wii. even tho the others had better details they looked unfinished at some point and missed sounds and stuff like the card game and battersons pies. (my PC version doesnt have these things)
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
skylandsfan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5272
#29 Posted: 15:55:07 09/10/2014
All that happened to me was I froze on the corks by the soda.
---
My life will not be complete until I own Sun Dragon
dinoman260 Red Sparx Gems: 41
#30 Posted: 16:26:15 09/10/2014
To be honest, by buying the Wii version you need to have understood it will not be amazing it's an old system so it will be hard for it to deal with a complex game such as Skylanders. I'd get it on another console next time :/
---
Has anyone considered that they haven't mentioned Glumshanks in STT? O.O
#31 Posted: 16:47:07 09/10/2014
Quote: dinoman260
To be honest, by buying the Wii version you need to have understood it will not be amazing it's an old system so it will be hard for it to deal with a complex game such as Skylanders. I'd get it on another console next time :/

We bought or wii like alot of years ago. I'm not suprised mine is starting to be a dodo.

@PersonwiththeKirbygiffforgotname: Yes, yes I had. The Swap Force Portal is already very complex. I espect Trap Teams portal to be worse.
#32 Posted: 17:18:44 09/10/2014 | Topic Creator
After a lot more play time, the only freezes I have had are on level 8 (when fighting the eye-scream) and that stupid level 9 issue where it freezes after 15 minutes. This still sucks, BUT, in defense of the Wii version, it has the best graphics ever on the system (compared to Swap Force, which were just awful), the animation is super smooth, and the sound is excellent. Probably the best Wii game in terms of experience I have played. BUT, the stupid freezing is ... well... stupid.

What really cheeses me is the FAQ on the Activision website that states the game will freeze after 15 minutes on level 9 was posted simulataneously with the release of the game, meaning TFB knew this was an issue before the game was released, but released it anyways knowing patching won't work on the Wii. That bugs me.
wgeorge111 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3774
#33 Posted: 19:10:54 09/10/2014
There is a reason DI 2 was not made for the Wii and there is a reason the Wii starter pack came with a Wii U download code.
#34 Posted: 09:42:26 10/10/2014
Quote: wgeorge111
There is a reason DI 2 was not made for the Wii and there is a reason the Wii starter pack came with a Wii U download code.

This. the Wii version is starting to die just like Dodo's did.
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#35 Posted: 13:49:20 10/10/2014

So there answer is play the level multi times to get everything and beat it before it blows up your wii...amazing! BOOOOM!

Quote: CountMoneyBone

...and here i thought they have put some care into the old wii version... i remember clearly tfb saying in a video they personally did take special care of the old wii version this time, to ensure a quality product... this was another lie i guess.

i say take your game back to the shop and demand your money back, this is not acceptable at all....

More like they prob had some low payed guys play test who didn't care at all or very limited error testing etc. This is when companies go the cheap route, acti is milking skylanders and doesnt care at this point.

Quote: newkill

Prob why they gave you it as an option cause they knew it wasn't going to be great.

Quote: shadowfox

Idk about that, I dobut they would want to sell a broken game but they def gave the wii u copy for free to possibly encourage it, prob they knew they were pushing the wii's limits too much or nintendo has some side deal here. Disney infinity skiped wii this time around because the wii version in 1.0 suffered from none 2 player mode and otehr issues, Acti didnt want to drop wii just yet cause of how many kids have wii and played ssa, giants etc on wii.

Quote: dinoman260

I agree, a refub xbox 360 or ps3 will do wonders if you dont want to jump to next gen ps4/xbox one or to wii u (which i would put closer to ps3/xbox360 gen)

Quote: wgeorge111

This. the Wii version is starting to die just like Dodo's did.

This I believe is one of the last wii games to be made, so skylanders 5 if it happens (which i don't see it not, unless trap team nose dives ) will not be on wii.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:52:55 10/10/2014 by SlayerX11
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#36 Posted: 22:07:13 19/10/2014
Thank god I found this. I thought I would have to return it. It took me 4 goes to finish Telescope Towers
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Bewaretheswarm Green Sparx Gems: 293
#37 Posted: 02:18:01 20/10/2014
Once you get past telescope towers it's pretty much a breeze. Although if there is the slightest hint of a smudge on the disc the last level will freeze
#38 Posted: 03:10:17 20/10/2014
Quote: darkchylde28
Based on a rumor a friend passed on to me this evening, I did some reading, and it looks like Toys For Bob didn't do all of the development for Trap Team as they'd originally promised. Beenox is credited for original development for every system Trap Team launched on save iOS. Seeing as they're the ones who took the brunt of the blame for the Swap Force Wii debacle, it's possible that they're responsible this time around as well. Food for thought.

-Doug

Considering how much work it takes to have a "hit", it makes sense that they don't want to do something this stupid. There is a management issue here and we either vote with our dollars and wake them up to this or they will continue shoveling this garbage our way.

Time to make a decision.
---
WilltheWizard Yellow Sparx Gems: 1779
#39 Posted: 04:01:03 20/10/2014
Look guys, I have lots of games that do this. Such as Lego Star Wars 3, Just Dance, and Lego Indiana Jones. I think it is just the STIPID WII's fault. I have convinced my mom that if I write a persuasive easy on why I should get a Wii U, she will get me one. She is nice, but she said it needs to be like 10 PARAGRAHS! Whatever, I'll try.
---
Spread those positive vibes
#40 Posted: 09:12:00 20/10/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster
Quote: darkchylde28

-Doug

Considering how much work it takes to have a "hit", it makes sense that they don't want to do something this stupid. There is a management issue here and we either vote with our dollars and wake them up to this or they will continue shoveling this garbage our way.

Time to make a decision.

you already bought the game...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
PhotonTH Yellow Sparx Gems: 1264
#41 Posted: 03:03:19 31/12/2014
Quote: WilltheWizard
Look guys, I have lots of games that do this. Such as Lego Star Wars 3, Just Dance, and Lego Indiana Jones. I think it is just the STIPID WII's fault. I have convinced my mom that if I write a persuasive easy on why I should get a Wii U, she will get me one. She is nice, but she said it needs to be like 10 PARAGRAHS! Whatever, I'll try.

Yes you should get a Wii U, Nintendo consoles are best consoles for Skylanders from what I've seen in most reviews. Kinda awesome I saw that.
---
http://atomicphoton.deviantart.com/ go here for my DA
https://www.furaffinity.net/user/photonth64/ for my FA
_________________Please visit and support <3
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me