Page 1 of 1
Game Patches
p3rpl3x Blue Sparx Gems: 945
#1 Posted: 10:23:08 03/10/2014 | Topic Creator
On level three here in Australia, just a FYI on Xbox One the "'Day One" patch was 2.9GB

What's the patch size on PS4?
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#2 Posted: 11:02:30 03/10/2014
PS4 was 343 MB.
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:17:07 03/10/2014 by mantez
AusLander Red Sparx Gems: 60
#3 Posted: 11:39:37 03/10/2014
Were these bug fix patches
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#4 Posted: 12:00:03 03/10/2014
343mb bug fix patch, the game is unfinished, broken game and will cost you 250-300 dollars... it aint worth it anymore...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#5 Posted: 12:57:11 03/10/2014
Wow you really posted your temper tantrum in every thread, didn't you? -.-
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#6 Posted: 12:59:34 03/10/2014
My dark edition is on the wii. Although me and my family bought it for every platform I'm doing my play through on the wii..I can't even begin to tell you how bad it is. And the graphics are barely better then SSA on a side note. I was told by an egames employee that had a silver wallop in the box that was sent to them, they would neither show not sell me it so I cannot confirm if it's real. But keep your eyes out.
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#7 Posted: 13:08:05 03/10/2014
Quote: AusLander
My dark edition is on the wii. Although me and my family bought it for every platform I'm doing my play through on the wii..I can't even begin to tell you how bad it is. And the graphics are barely better then SSA on a side note. I was told by an egames employee that had a silver wallop in the box that was sent to them, they would neither show not sell me it so I cannot confirm if it's real. But keep your eyes out.

I think they've done an honorable job with the wii. I am pretty happy with it
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#8 Posted: 13:13:06 03/10/2014
If you have a look at my post in the bugs thread. I've encountered them all on the wii,and several on Xbox and tablet.
jbkaok Blue Sparx Gems: 635
#9 Posted: 13:21:57 03/10/2014
Meh, I am just glad that games these days actually get patched. We live in an era where you can download an AAA game whole, so pushing a modestly sized patch seems trivial. Plenty of top-tier games that I own pop up the patch screen now and then, and I download it and move on.
---
A sword of storms! smilie smilie
#10 Posted: 13:33:12 03/10/2014
Quote: jbkaok
Meh, I am just glad that games these days actually get patched. We live in an era where you can download an AAA game whole, so pushing a modestly sized patch seems trivial. Plenty of top-tier games that I own pop up the patch screen now and then, and I download it and move on.

that is the problem with game developers/publishers, they never bother to properly test or finish the games... i can live with it, if the game is a one time cost of 10-40, and i have no intention to keep it or collect it. i just resell it and get some of my money back. but we talk about a game here that cost 250-300, that also is a collector item with its figures and stuff. this is more serious, the game have been reported to have serious game breaking bugs that even corrupt your skylanders too. so you can just think ahead of how much value and replayability this game will have when the patches are gone. i dont find this acceptable at all...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 13:37:03 03/10/2014 by CountMoneyBone
#11 Posted: 13:46:05 03/10/2014
I just want to know how they will fix the wii version
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#12 Posted: 13:50:03 03/10/2014
I guess you did not bother playing Destiny, Super Smash Bros, Hyrule Warriors, Titanfall, *insert all games that had a day one patch*.

Anyway, have fun not enjoying the game unlike the majority of other people smilie
---
bye
#13 Posted: 14:04:03 03/10/2014
Quote: newkill
I guess you did not bother playing Destiny, Super Smash Bros, Hyrule Warriors, Titanfall, *insert all games that had a day one patch*.

Anyway, have fun not enjoying the game unlike the majority of other people smilie

im in no shortage of games, i have already enough games on my ps3/3ds here that i have yet not played. all is working and dont need patches. since they are complete/goty etc... so i have no problem with my enjoyment of games.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:05:03 03/10/2014 by CountMoneyBone
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#14 Posted: 14:08:15 03/10/2014

CountMoneyBone has a good historical perspective, which is the fact that the network for these game systems will eventually shut down, and you won't be able to patch the game anymore in the future. I hope Activision has the ability to issue patched discs.

Btw, 2.9GB is not modest. That's about 3% or more of the available bandwidth allowed by many carriers in a given month. And if you have a slow link, that will take quite a bit of time.

I am however thankful they are issue patches, but there's some splannin'. Do they need 3 years to develop a quality game?
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 14:09:39 03/10/2014 by GhostRoaster
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#15 Posted: 15:24:22 03/10/2014
By the time the network is shut down that provides the patches, the system itself will also likely be of limited use given how integrated with the network they are. And you will also probably have all the patches previously downloaded. But yes, if you buy this game 10 years after the next generation comes out you might have some trouble with a few bugs.
shadowfox Platinum Sparx Gems: 5084
#16 Posted: 15:47:28 03/10/2014
Truthfully, I would rather the game be pushed out with a patch, than oops we have to delay the game by a month or so.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#17 Posted: 15:49:52 03/10/2014
Quote: shadowfox
Truthfully, I would rather the game be pushed out with a patch, than oops we have to delay the game by a month or so.

Or you can take Warner Bros approach and just refuse to patch the game.

I'm thankful Rocksteady chose to take a few months to get the next BAA game right. They take their jobs very seriously. It's hard to take away a bad first impression.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:50:37 03/10/2014 by GhostRoaster
jbkaok Blue Sparx Gems: 635
#18 Posted: 15:51:40 03/10/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster

CountMoneyBone has a good historical perspective, which is the fact that the network for these game systems will eventually shut down, and you won't be able to patch the game anymore in the future. I hope Activision has the ability to issue patched discs.

Btw, 2.9GB is not modest. That's about 3% or more of the available bandwidth allowed by many carriers in a given month. And if you have a slow link, that will take quite a bit of time.

I am however thankful they are issue patches, but there's some splannin'. Do they need 3 years to develop a quality game?

Hmm didn't see the 3GB thing. That is pretty significant. It does speak more to lazy patch technology than anything though.

As to @CountMoneyBone's suggestion of 'unfinished' games - QA is hard. There is some blame for Activision demanding an October release for the game, but with 174 + >60 new figures and 46 villains, you are not going to catch everything. Pretty much every game that is released these days has a patch, and for those of us who come from the PC world, weekly patches are not even unheard of. If anything, I appreciate that developers still care about the game even after I've given them my money.

Edit: I guess after I get home from the midnight release I am going to pop in the game to start the patch download before collapsing from exhaustion. That way no waiting when I wake up smilie
---
A sword of storms! smilie smilie
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:08:46 03/10/2014 by jbkaok
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#19 Posted: 15:54:54 03/10/2014
Quote: shadowfox

I'd rather my food order take five extra minutes than it come out and I have a plate of under cooked chicken.

I really feel there is a generational gap between those of use that would rather have a complete product at release. I get patches. I support them. A lot of times bugs can be missed. It happens. I'd still rather have some semblance of a finished product at the start though.
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#20 Posted: 16:14:55 03/10/2014
If any system doesn't have the word Sega Saturn attached to it, but gamers play those systems all of the time, they can count on their systems not even lasting 10+ years. Only the Saturn will outlast any of us, due to the fact it reads discs at a mere x1.

Again, this is about people complaining after getting what they might have asked for before, but will still fully support because... well... they're here and not anywhere else.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
SirKev7 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1251
#21 Posted: 16:45:34 03/10/2014
Can you post Wii gameplay? Pleeeeeaaaaase?
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:09:42 03/10/2014 by SirKev7
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#22 Posted: 18:18:09 03/10/2014
Quote: GameMaster78
If any system doesn't have the word Sega Saturn attached to it, but gamers play those systems all of the time, they can count on their systems not even lasting 10+ years. Only the Saturn will outlast any of us, due to the fact it reads discs at a mere x1.

I don't know, my 3DO is still pretty stout after all these years. Maybe the Saturn will last forever because almost nobody plays it? smilie

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#23 Posted: 18:25:13 03/10/2014
The old cartridge systems will last longer, no moving parts or internal fans. I have an N64 in our SUV for the kids to play on trips, it still works like a champ, when we are going on an especially long trip I hook up the Gamecube (which is also really solid). Nintendo makes really solid pieces of hardware, as I understand their baseline for portable systems is being able to survive a several drops from shirt pocket height of an average adult. A DS actually made it in working order to the top of Mt. Everest as I hear tell, where most other consumer level electronics things they brought crapped out.
#24 Posted: 12:53:50 05/10/2014
okay lets get back on topic and sum it up....

PS4, 343MB patch.
PS3, 20(something??)MB patch V1.01
xbone ??
wiiu??
wii, no patch

can someone that have the missing info help fill in?..
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:38:07 05/10/2014 by CountMoneyBone
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#25 Posted: 13:33:09 05/10/2014
The wii version has no patch.

The games will be patchable in 10 years as the system is likely to be hacked by then and the patches and games could be found by other means.
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
#26 Posted: 13:40:07 05/10/2014
thanks, 3 to go...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me