Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Site Help and Suggestions > What is it with everyone thinking dark52 is a terrible admin?
First | Previous | Page 3 of 4 | Last
1 2 3 4
What is it with everyone thinking dark52 is a terrible admin? [CLOSED]
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#101 Posted: 04:08:48 24/09/2014
Quote: Aura24
Quote: UncleBob

Look who's talking.

Oh? I've repeatedly insulted dark in nonconstructive ways? Link pls.

No, but you are being rude and inconsiderate to us in your blind devotion to dark. Such obsession there.

If I were blindly devoted to dark, then why have I posted on occasion things that he's done that I disagree with?
Obsession? Naw, that'd be like letting the most minor stuff that happened two years ago define my very existence...
whirlwind fan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5724
#102 Posted: 04:11:04 24/09/2014
Where did I use force to get someone off the forums?

I mean, logic and common sense, sure... but force? Did I break into your house why you were sleeping and pistol whip you until you promised never to come back? Because, if I did, I sincerely apologize for doing that. I won't ever do it again, I swear.

Again, You're exaggerating it.
#103 Posted: 04:11:14 24/09/2014
Quote: whirlwind fan
Actually, we weren't insulting dark.

Calling someone lazy and sickening isn't insulting them?

Quote: Trix Master 100
I barely even saw any common sense[...]

Any absolutely no one was surprised.
#104 Posted: 04:14:44 24/09/2014
Wait, I didn't call him lazy and sickening. He's acting that way. Please find the post where I said that. Another thing is, he is acting lazy by not replying too posts, and fixing the site.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#105 Posted: 04:17:07 24/09/2014
If I were blindly devoted to dark, then why have I posted on occasion things that he's done that I disagree with?
Obsession? Naw, that'd be like letting the most minor stuff that happened two years ago define my very existence...

Definitely obsessed enough to bring someone else's mother into the conversation just to try and prove a point.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#106 Posted: 04:20:27 24/09/2014
And to repeat: My issue isn't with folks who have valid criticisms (or, for the most part, invalid criticisms) against dark. It's the entitled attitude that dark *owes* it to a small group of users to do exactly whatever they want and that his failing to do so is some kind horrible flaw in his personality. "I have a complaint and dark must reply or he's lazy."

If I were dark, I'd ignore any complaints that came worded like that too. Hell, on many, many forums, you'd probably see moderation/bans handed out. Seriously, go to NeoGAF and start a few threads calling the mods/admins there lazy. You'll be removed from the forums before you can start your second thread.
#107 Posted: 04:20:27 24/09/2014
Wait, What does a mother have too do with dark52 being a good admin?
#108 Posted: 04:22:24 24/09/2014
Well, I find that stupid. Uncle bob. The whole thing.
#109 Posted: 04:25:54 24/09/2014
Wait, I didn't call him lazy and sickening. He's acting that way. Please find the post where I said that. Another thing is, he is acting lazy by not replying too posts, and fixing the site.

You said "we weren't insulting dark". Did you mean to say that you are not insulting dark?
Also, you just called him lazy. Not responding to posts doesn't make one lazy. Are you lazy because you don't respond to every single post on this forum?

Definitely obsessed enough to bring someone else's mother into the conversation just to try and prove a point.

Obsessed enough to harp over one throw-away comment. That could have read "If that's how you show respect, I'd hate to see how you treat your dad." or your friends... grandparents, spouse, kids, pets, postal worker, whatever.

Look, I'm sorry that you took it so personally that I made a generic statement about your mother (not even "about" your mother, but about the way you treat people.)... You're absolutely right, it had nothing to do with the topic at hand. Moving past that, do you think it's respectful to call dark names, call him lazy, and call him sickening?
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8179
#110 Posted: 04:30:22 24/09/2014
Unclebob you may kiss my ass with your "apology" about the whole mother thing, it should not have even been brought at all. You should have stepped into that boundary to begin with.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
#111 Posted: 04:32:04 24/09/2014
Oops, I was meant to say I.

Anywho, for an admin. Replying is vital, they have too do their job properly. I don't call him lazy. He's acting that way.
#112 Posted: 04:33:02 24/09/2014
So, let me get this straight, Trix... You think I posted something insulting, so you are mad at me?

And then you wonder why dark isn't interested in responding to people who insult him?
#113 Posted: 04:34:47 24/09/2014
Oops, I was meant to say I.

Okay then. Except for the part where you then go on to call him lazy right after you say you didn't call him lazy. smilie

Quote:
Anywho, for an admin. Replying is vital, they have too do their job properly.

Job? Are you cutting dark a paycheck for running this site?
#114 Posted: 04:36:46 24/09/2014
Okay, well let's just say he's full on lazy? Fair?
#115 Posted: 04:39:06 24/09/2014
So, let me get this straight, Trix... You think I posted something insulting, so you are mad at me?

And then you wonder why dark isn't interested in responding to people who insult him?

Are you saying you have the right to go Below the belt and get the **** away with it? **** no you don't.

Is that how going around in life, because sometimes you have to at least respond to those who do, so you can change their minds and clear the air.

So take please take your apology bull**** up your ass Bob.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
#116 Posted: 04:39:13 24/09/2014
Obsessed enough to harp over one throw-away comment. That could have read "If that's how you show respect, I'd hate to see how you treat your dad." or your friends... grandparents, spouse, kids, pets, postal worker, whatever.

Look, I'm sorry that you took it so personally that I made a generic statement about your mother (not even "about" your mother, but about the way you treat people.)... You're absolutely right, it had nothing to do with the topic at hand. Moving past that, do you think it's respectful to call dark names, call him lazy, and call him sickening?

The fact that he had allowed rule-breaking users to get away with trolling others for over five months on the forums, even though he was aware of their actions while he had the time to update the news and look for new info can be considered lazy. In the past, he basically allowed the trolling to escalate out of control until he decided to get off his high horse months later and actually do something about it when it should've been handled the moment it started. The fact that he didn't do anything, nothing, no response to the trolling nor give any suspensions/bans while those users were being tormented until later on in the year, is indeed sickening.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:39:41 24/09/2014 by Aura24
#117 Posted: 04:42:19 24/09/2014
Is that how going around in life,

WHAT? HOW DARE YOU bring MY life into this? What does MY LIFE have to do with any of this? That's disgusting and below the belt - it has nothing to do with dark's methods of moderating the forum.

That is the worst thing you've ever said on these forums and is completely out of line.
#118 Posted: 04:42:57 24/09/2014

Are you saying you have the right to go Below the belt and get the **** away with it? **** no you don't.

Is that how going around in life, because sometimes you have to at least respond to those who do, so you can change their minds and clear the air.

So take please take your apology bull**** up your ass Bob.

It's he's job to do that, bob.
#119 Posted: 04:44:02 24/09/2014
The fact that he had allowed rule-breaking users[...]

Like, allowing users to continue to flame other users by calling them names...? Dark should totally just ban all those people. Quickly.
#120 Posted: 04:45:13 24/09/2014
Is that how going around in life,

WHAT? HOW DARE YOU bring MY life into this? What does MY LIFE have to do with any of this? That's disgusting and below the belt - it has nothing to do with dark's methods of moderating the forum.

That is the worst thing you've ever said on these forums and is completely out of line.

Good now you see how the **** I felt for when you post about irrelevant **** on this topic. Talk about Hypocritical here. Do us a favor and take your hypocritical ass out of here.
---
icon from Empoh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:48:11 24/09/2014 by Trix Master 100
#121 Posted: 04:45:20 24/09/2014
It's he's job to do that, bob.

Job? Are you cutting him a paycheck?
#122 Posted: 04:46:16 24/09/2014
Sometimes it takes him forever to ban them...
#123 Posted: 04:47:47 24/09/2014
Do us a favor and take you hypocritical ass out of here.

What? Now you're trying to force me off the forums? How disgusting! You should be ashamed of yourself.
#124 Posted: 04:47:53 24/09/2014
The fact that he had allowed rule-breaking users[...]

Like, allowing users to continue to flame other users by calling them names...? Dark should totally just ban all those people. Quickly.

I'm referring to the users who purposely troll and berate others for amusement. One worst scenario is a troll rallying and turning other users against someone by telling them false claims and lies. One such scenario took place for months until dark finally banned the one responsible.
---
#125 Posted: 04:48:47 24/09/2014

What? Now you're trying to force me off the forums? How disgusting! You should be ashamed of yourself.

Says the hypocrite.
---
icon from Empoh
#126 Posted: 04:49:13 24/09/2014
I'm referring to the users who purposely troll and berate others for amusement. One worst scenario is a troll rallying and turning other users against someone by telling them false claims and lies. One such scenario took place for months until dark finally banned the one responsible.

Oh, dark should only ban the rule-breakers who upset you, but allow the ones that you're okay with to hang around? Sounds like a good plan.
#127 Posted: 04:50:25 24/09/2014

Oh, dark should only ban the rule-breakers who upset you, but allow the ones that you're okay with to hang around? Sounds like a good plan.

Not to mention that same user also harassed other users.
---
icon from Empoh
#128 Posted: 04:50:41 24/09/2014

Says the hypocrite.

Wouldn't you be the hypocrite for complaining about me supposedly doing something, then going and doing it yourself?
#129 Posted: 04:52:36 24/09/2014

Says the hypocrite.

Wouldn't you be the hypocrite for complaining about me supposedly doing something, then going and doing it yourself?

Yeah, but you also did the same on certain things. So both. But you're the bigger one here.
---
icon from Empoh
#130 Posted: 04:52:39 24/09/2014

You should be ashamed of yourself for starting it!
#131 Posted: 04:53:30 24/09/2014

I wasn't referring to only myself, Bob. The same thing happened to other users.
---
#132 Posted: 04:54:15 24/09/2014
It actually upsets a lot of people, bob.
#133 Posted: 04:57:41 24/09/2014
Yeah, but you also did the same on certain things. So both. But you're the bigger one here.

Except that everyone with common sense would have realized that my posts were sarcasm.

You should be ashamed of yourself for starting it!

How much do you pay dark?

I wasn't referring to only myself, Bob. The same thing happened to other users.

So, when should dark draw the line on banning rule breakers? Insulting dark and calling him names is okay. Harassing you and your forum friends is ban-worthy. Curious where the line between those two is.
#134 Posted: 05:02:17 24/09/2014

So, when should dark draw the line on banning rule breakers? Insulting dark and calling him names is okay. Harassing you and your forum friends is ban-worthy. Curious where the line between those two is.

There's a difference between dark's negligence in handling user concerns regarding trolls and harassment and users expressing their opinions on his lack of immediate moderation on the issue.
---
#135 Posted: 05:05:10 24/09/2014

I'm on iPad, when users constantly spam the page, it stretches out. Also, It's not how much I'm paying dark. Because users don't pay dark. Why are you targeting me? Huh.
zer0dch Ripto Gems: 1916
#136 Posted: 05:07:16 24/09/2014

I'm on iPad, when users constantly spam the page, it stretches out. Also, It's not how much I'm paying dark. Because users don't pay dark. Why are you targeting me? Huh.

Holy ****. Whirlwind confirmed for UncleBob as an alt account?
#137 Posted: 05:08:40 24/09/2014
There's a difference between dark's negligence in handling user concerns regarding trolls and harassment and users expressing their opinions on his lack of immediate moderation on the issue.

Yup. And there's a difference between expressing one's opinion on something and attacking/insulting someone because his/her opinion is different from your opinion.

Look at my "Age Verification" thread. I don't berate dark, call him names, insult him or his choices on the forum. I merely *ask* that he consider implementing something that I think would be best on the forum. It's come up before and it's been shot down before - but simply because he doesn't do it, it doesn't give me the right to attack him personally.

*** hole.

Classy.

Also, It's not how much I'm paying dark. Because users don't pay dark.

You keep saying that this is dark's job. I get paid to do my job. Most people do. If you're not paying dark, then who is?

Quote:
Why are you targeting me? Huh.

You keep quoting and replying to me. I'm not "targeting" you by replying to you when you comment on my posts.
#138 Posted: 05:09:56 24/09/2014
Quote: zer0dch

Quoting because I'm genuinely curious.
#139 Posted: 05:10:03 24/09/2014

Wait, what? I quoted myself.
#140 Posted: 05:10:52 24/09/2014

Wait, what? I quoted myself.

It looks like that you were targetting bob and then replied with your account but sounded like an act of defense from bob?
#141 Posted: 05:13:25 24/09/2014
Um... he references me in his first post, then replies to my question (about paying dark for his "job") in his second post.

Is this the kind of "proof" that users of this forum have when they claim people are using alt accounts?
#142 Posted: 05:13:54 24/09/2014
It's Dark's job since he owns the website, and since he is advertising with activision's permission (along with other ads) We can basically say from the advertisments. Before skylanders it was his 'job' as admin to take care of the site and still is. There was no paycheck involved with taking care of a website.

It's like owning a dog Bob, it's your responsibility/job to take good care of it. If you can't do that, then you shouldn't have a dog because you are irresponsible/lazy.
---
icon from Empoh
#143 Posted: 05:18:24 24/09/2014
WHY DOES EVERYONE CALL ME A HE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! HUH
#144 Posted: 05:18:49 24/09/2014
It's Dark's job since he owns the website, and since he is advertising with activision's permission[...]

Nope. Near the bottom of every page.... "Activision Blizzard has no association with and takes no responsibility for the community fan sites to which this site is linked or the content thereon."

Activision has no affiliation with this site - to say dark runs it with their permission would be incorrect. It's a fan site. It's a labor of love.

Quote:
It's like owning a dog Bob, it's your responsibility/job to take good care of it. If you can't do that, then you shouldn't have a dog because you are irresponsible/lazy.

Holy... wow. Did you just call the members of this forum dogs?
#145 Posted: 05:20:13 24/09/2014

I dunno, make a topic about it. B)
#146 Posted: 05:21:08 24/09/2014
Quote:

Are you really that dense?
---
#147 Posted: 05:21:41 24/09/2014

I dunno, make a topic about it. smilie

Good Idea.
#148 Posted: 05:22:08 24/09/2014

Generic He. It's because you can't tell by your forum name/icon what your gender is - it's acceptable to use "he" in a generic, genderless manner when the gender of the individual is unknown.
#149 Posted: 05:23:51 24/09/2014
It's Dark's job since he owns the website, and since he is advertising with activision's permission[...]

Nope. Near the bottom of every page.... "Activision Blizzard has no association with and takes no responsibility for the community fan sites to which this site is linked or the content thereon."

Activision has no affiliation with this site - to say dark runs it with their permission would be incorrect. It's a fan site. It's a labor of love.

Quote:

No I was just comparing the site responsibility to that of a pet's. But if you choose to think that and only that, then everyone here is a majestic puppy and there is nothing wrong with me trying to compliment them with the term "majestic puppy" right?
---
icon from Empoh
#150 Posted: 05:26:17 24/09/2014
I'm impressed. You are sticking to your metaphor that taking care of this forum is comparable to taking care of a pet, implying that everyone here is sub-human. Really, impressive.
First | Previous | Page 3 of 4 | Last
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me