Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > All Purpose Destiny Topic - In the Interest of Becoming Legend
First | Page 2 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5
All Purpose Destiny Topic - In the Interest of Becoming Legend
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#51 Posted: 00:16:47 30/09/2014
Finally got some nice crucible armor after grinding for it for ages.

Now all I need is a helmet and boots and some nice legendary weapons and at least 1 exotic.
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
ace Gold Sparx Gems: 2982
#52 Posted: 02:58:19 30/09/2014
btw i forgot to ask what system people are on. Been looking for lvl 26+ people on Xone to help me finish off my exotic bounty
---
Praise Helix!!!
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#53 Posted: 03:17:00 30/09/2014
Just hit Venus on the PS3 version (i've been slow and playing more crucible than story)
---
words. letters. filler.
Spyro-Fan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5318
#54 Posted: 19:26:30 30/09/2014
Quote: bionicle2809
Quote: Spyro-Fan
Right, yesterday I got to level 15 with my hunter and a new subclass is unlocked for me, but I don't know how does leveling work with it? Should I first level up my Gunslinger subclass, then go back to doing missions later for Bladedancer, or should I start leveling the Bladedancer subclass right now?

I want to go for Bladedancer but I don't know if I'll be able to level it up once I reach the max level. That's why I'm asking.

If you switch to Bladedancer, you can still fully level up that subclass, upgrades for your class still unlock past level 20.

Ah, so I don't have to worry. Thanks!

I got to Mars yesterday, but I haven't played any Crucibles. Only once I think and that was a fail since I was maybe level 7~10 and everyone else was 20~25. That's some weird matchmaking there...
Zylek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1920
#55 Posted: 14:38:23 01/10/2014
Quote: ace
btw i forgot to ask what system people are on. Been looking for lvl 26+ people on Xone to help me finish off my exotic bounty

If you are doing the Xyor the Unwed Strike to finish the Thorn then I had read it's easier to do it solo, that's what I did. There was a video online on someone just camping in the main door way and knocking off the Knights and Apostles when possible until Xyor arrives. Just buy a bunch of those ammo refills from the gunsmith ahead of time. I'd help you but I'm on PS4.

I just unlocked the Pocket Infinity exotic Fusion Rifle yesterday....it's SO nice! smilie
---
Anyone know where my avatar is from?
#56 Posted: 19:59:27 01/10/2014
Quote: Zylek

If you are doing the Xyor the Unwed Strike to finish the Thorn then I had read it's easier to do it solo, that's what I did. There was a video online on someone just camping in the main door way and knocking off the Knights and Apostles when possible until Xyor arrives. Just buy a bunch of those ammo refills from the gunsmith ahead of time. I'd help you but I'm on PS4.

I just unlocked the Pocket Infinity exotic Fusion Rifle yesterday....it's SO nice! smilie

I see, i might try this weekend then. What so special about the Pocket Infinity other than the buffed stats? I really want that one cause i prefer pulse rifles and the Strangers Rifle just isnt doing it for me anymore smilie My issue with the strike are the shielded enemies. I can golden gun red shields but i'm screwed with purple shields since my special gun is a solar sniper and my heavy is my exotic arc machine gun. Void shields screw me over. Think i may use my hand cannon with explosive rounds to do neutral damage
---
Praise Helix!!!
#57 Posted: 20:25:53 01/10/2014
The pocket infinity is a fusion rifle that can shoot auto, which is nice. I don't usually carry a Hand Cannon but the Thorn looks BA so I carry it now and then. I scored a Legendary Pulse rifle from an engram once so that is my main weapon of choice.
---
Will171717 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1208
#58 Posted: 00:26:25 02/10/2014
Level 26 Hunter, 1 Exotic Weapon, 2 Exotic armor pieces, Xbox One
---
henlo
#59 Posted: 08:11:16 02/10/2014
The pocket infinity is a fusion rifle that can shoot auto, which is nice. I don't usually carry a Hand Cannon but the Thorn looks BA so I carry it now and then. I scored a Legendary Pulse rifle from an engram once so that is my main weapon of choice.

Gotcha, i dont normally use fusion rifles. I preffer sniper rifles as my special (wanna try for the queens wrath sniper reward). I just recently started liking hand cannons. They pack a puch and can easily one shot a lot of things lol I didnt know what the exotic bounties gave until i had already picked <.<

Quote: Will171717
Level 26 Hunter, 1 Exotic Weapon, 2 Exotic armor pieces, Xbox One

We should play some time smilie
---
Praise Helix!!!
Will171717 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1208
#60 Posted: 16:13:12 04/10/2014
I rock an Exotic Hand Cannon called The Last Word
---
henlo
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6239
#61 Posted: 16:23:53 04/10/2014
Quote: CAV

--------

So not even a single person saying "yeah it's pretty good if you're into Borderlands" or anything?

I guess, its got a similar loot system to BL but worse. For borderlands you can farm a boss for an assigned legendary. In Destiny there are no assigned drops. Its all completely random. U have the same chance at a legendary drop from a low lvl enemy as u do for a high lvl boss. Oh but one more thing, in Destiny ur lengendary drops might not even be legendaries! though that is supposed to be fixed in this weeks update.

As for loot, there isnt much diversity. A shotgun at lvl 10 is gonna have the same stats as any other shotgun of the same rarity at that lvl. So there is little point to raising certain faction ranks for their legendary loot since the main one has most of everything. There are "unique" exotic gear though that exceeds legendary but i assume they follow the same pattern. I got an exotic Heavy Machine Gun that out performs my legendary one and looks cool.

So you're telling me that the game is worse than Borderlands, a game I already have middling opinions on?

Oh boy.
#62 Posted: 17:04:45 04/10/2014

So not even a single person saying "yeah it's pretty good if you're into Borderlands" or anything?

I guess, its got a similar loot system to BL but worse. For borderlands you can farm a boss for an assigned legendary. In Destiny there are no assigned drops. Its all completely random. U have the same chance at a legendary drop from a low lvl enemy as u do for a high lvl boss. Oh but one more thing, in Destiny ur lengendary drops might not even be legendaries! though that is supposed to be fixed in this weeks update.

As for loot, there isnt much diversity. A shotgun at lvl 10 is gonna have the same stats as any other shotgun of the same rarity at that lvl. So there is little point to raising certain faction ranks for their legendary loot since the main one has most of everything. There are "unique" exotic gear though that exceeds legendary but i assume they follow the same pattern. I got an exotic Heavy Machine Gun that out performs my legendary one and looks cool.

So you're telling me that the game is worse than Borderlands, a game I already have middling opinions on?

Oh boy.

Well i mean if you're JUST comparing it to borderlands then yes the themes that destiny takes cues from are not as good. Not enough stuff to kill and poorly structured loot system. But Destiny is also its own thing entirely. I can complain for days about it but i still play it cause it boils down to the fact that i find the actual gameplay fun.

Its definitely worth checking out on your own before passing judgement on it
---
Praise Helix!!!
#63 Posted: 15:38:45 06/10/2014
I hate the crucible so much now.

Shotguns are so grossly overused and it becomes annoying to fight them, which forces me to use a shotty myself.

I want to strangle defender titans who place bubbles over cap points.

RNG gives some crap chest plate to me (i have a legendary chestplate) while the guy in last gets an exotic and legendary engram.
---
#64 Posted: 19:28:17 14/10/2014
A MILLION DEATHS

ARE NOT ENOUGH

FOR MASTER RAHOOL.

---
#65 Posted: 15:45:59 16/10/2014
I don't know what it is about this game but I can't seem to stop playing it. The strikes are repetitive, the patrols are repetitive, the raid is challenging, and the crucible is still fun. I think the lottery-like system of rewards adds something for me, the chance you more score big on the rewards of chests, strikes, nightfall and crucible keeps me wanting to play another. I'm kind of excited for what the expansion packs will bring, are we going to have to start from scratch when Destiny 2 comes out? What would be a downer for sure.
---
#66 Posted: 20:36:25 16/10/2014
^ Supposedly you are supposed to be able to carry over your character/s. I am looking forward to the expansions as well. The next one is supposed to include a raid (i think its the next raid unless another is released b4 then) involving Crota and apparently fighting him/it.....I havent tried the current raid but i have found the Hive to be interesting and am looking forward to more content

btw i was looking to take on the raid at some point soon. Anyone on Xone interested in joining me?
---
Praise Helix!!!
#67 Posted: 20:04:06 19/10/2014
>get to Templar

>get to oracles

>friend hangs up and says he'll call me later (we don't have mics so we use the phone).

>friend leaves the raid for absolutely no reason.

>fireteam returns to orbit

>new fireteam kicks me because i don't have a mic

im gonna go find a new raid team if this bullcrap happens again.
---
#68 Posted: 03:09:01 20/10/2014
Quote: MoonHorizons
>get to Templar

>get to oracles

>friend hangs up and says he'll call me later (we don't have mics so we use the phone).

I'd invite you to ours but not having a mic is a problem :/
---
Praise Helix!!!
#69 Posted: 19:52:18 20/10/2014
>get to Templar

>get to oracles

I'd invite you to ours but not having a mic is a problem :/

we were actually doing pretty decent at the oracles (me and my friend being the only ones without mics) and probably would've gotten past.

meh, there's always more times to raid.
---
#70 Posted: 16:42:16 07/11/2014
After over ten Vault of Glass runs I finally got a piece of raid armor, in fact I got two! All 3 of my characters are stuck at lvl 29 until I can get some more armor.
---
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6239
#71 Posted: 18:12:39 07/11/2014
Finally rented the game to play it and I'm enjoying myself so far. I'm only on mission 3 but I've found some item called an Ascendant Shard? Description claims it to be legendary so do any of you guys have any insight on it?
#72 Posted: 23:09:16 07/11/2014
Finally rented the game to play it and I'm enjoying myself so far. I'm only on mission 3 but I've found some item called an Ascendant Shard? Description claims it to be legendary so do any of you guys have any insight on it?

Its used to upgrade legendary armor (the last upgrades at least) legendary weapons take ascendant energy
---
Praise Helix!!!
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#73 Posted: 21:52:52 09/11/2014 | Topic Creator
What Ace says is true. And to be honest, you're very lucky to get it this early on in the game. Keep hold of it, you'll be needing it past level 20.
#74 Posted: 17:05:11 17/11/2014
I finally got my Warlock and Titan to lvl 30 but my Hunter still hasn't got one piece of Raid Armor, but I'm not complaining.
---
#75 Posted: 00:01:47 19/11/2014 | Topic Creator
I finally got my Warlock and Titan to lvl 30 but my Hunter still hasn't got one piece of Raid Armor, but I'm not complaining.

The Iron Banner armour in the new update goes up to light 30 too if you don't want to go through the raid again until some raid armour drops for you.
#76 Posted: 17:13:13 20/11/2014
IT'S HAPPENING

- - -
---
#77 Posted: 05:57:10 24/11/2014
Just beat the Vault of Glass.

Got sherpa'd into Atheon.

Can confirm that Atheon is a big pushover.

We only had 2 dudes on the mic ( 1 who had not done it before ) and we still managed to beat the crap out of Atheon. ( albeit with a few wipes )

All you need is a team of players that know both the outside and inside team rules.

We just had our fireteam leader call out which side he was on (left, mars, right, venus.)

Once the inside team got out and Time's Vengance came onto the scene, we jumped onto the center platform and our relic holder would put up a cleanse shield.

When there was 3 seconds left in the buff, we had multiple defender titans throw up the bubble shield.

Rinse and repeat.

Too bad I only got a Chatterwhite shader. Looks nice with my Helm of Inmost light though.
---
#78 Posted: 13:22:46 26/11/2014 | Topic Creator
I need go go back into the VOG at one point. I've got some of the Iron Banner boots that go to Light 30 so I can get to Lv 29 and maybe I should get my Auto Rifle up to 300 DMG for the Oracles - should make things a lot easier than last time.

Although, to be fair, the last time I tried it some of the other guys weren't very good.
#79 Posted: 03:25:27 01/12/2014
I hate raid RNG.

My friend needs a chestplate in order to reach Level 30, while I had only a chatterwhite shader and ship.

We beat the gatekeepers and I get shards.

Take a gander at what he got.
---
#80 Posted: 04:55:20 01/12/2014
Do I need to beat the main story to understand what goes in The Dark Below?
---
words. letters. filler.
#81 Posted: 15:49:58 01/12/2014
My Hunter still has yet to get any raid armor, I think he has completed the raid like 8 times. At least I got him lvl 30 boots and arms through the iron banner.

I heard the new raid won't be available right on 12/9, some believe it will debut a week later when everyone can start at the same time.
---
sky-dragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3206
#82 Posted: 06:35:49 10/12/2014
Don't usually get mad but really now I can't do nightfalls without buying the dark below same with the weekly strikes :I most vanguard good armor replaced with silly ones

Titans
Get this alien type helmets from vanguard and cricible
Did not bother to see chest or leg armors

Hunters
A gas mask also a similar Radec helmet from killzone
New cape and arm armor

Warlocks
Helmets: a new one like the rare classes helmet and a samus like helmet
Did not see the other armor

Also can't get anything from erris the new vanguard type person in the tower

Everything went little below.
---
"ryuujin no ken wo kurae!"
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#83 Posted: 21:04:47 10/12/2014
i cant find a hard drive for Xbox 360 so i cant play this game cuz i have the cruddy 4GB model.any tips i know that USB storage is not supported. my cousin whos 13 told me that
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
#84 Posted: 09:16:12 11/12/2014
why wouldnt usb storage be supported? o.O
---
Praise Helix!!!
#85 Posted: 19:02:18 11/12/2014
Quote: sky-dragon
Don't usually get mad but really now I can't do nightfalls without buying the dark below same with the weekly strikes :I most vanguard good armor replaced with silly ones

Titans
Get this alien type helmets from vanguard and cricible
Did not bother to see chest or leg armors

Hunters
A gas mask also a similar Radec helmet from killzone
New cape and arm armor

Warlocks
Helmets: a new one like the rare classes helmet and a samus like helmet
Did not see the other armor

Also can't get anything from erris the new vanguard type person in the tower

Everything went little below.

the dlc strike is only part of the rotation now.
---
#86 Posted: 04:11:54 14/12/2014
Merry Christmas, guardians.

[User Posted Image]
---
#87 Posted: 04:54:27 17/12/2014
RNG has blessed me within the past few days.

First, Upgraded Skullfort, Vision of Confluence, Hezen Vengeance, Praedyth's timepiece and The Last Word.
---
#88 Posted: 05:34:55 19/12/2014
Aaand I get the Thorn bounty and a new legendary vanguard auto rifle with high stability and perfect balance perk, which makes it near max stability.
---
#89 Posted: 23:54:01 21/12/2014
And to top it all off, I get a Vex Mythoclast.
---
#90 Posted: 08:07:18 25/12/2014
Welp i finally completed the Thorne bounty. Unfortunately i think i will be putting destiny back on the shelf for a long time. Read some reviews on the dark below expansion and listened to some 1st hand experienced players and it just doesnt seem worth it. 3 missions (2 short ones) a raid that i would have to do some hardcore grinding for, a few crucible maps, and 1 strike (2 for playstation users) just doesnt seem worth the $20 or even half the season pass cost. The timed exclusive strike is what really gets me. Id be fine if it was 3 maybe 4 months exclusives tops but a year is a bit ridiculous considering that after 2 weeks Destiny struggled to remain relevant to me. And to charge the same price for less content....
---
Praise Helix!!!
#91 Posted: 11:19:07 25/12/2014
Welp i finally completed the Thorne bounty. Unfortunately i think i will be putting destiny back on the shelf for a long time. Read some reviews on the dark below expansion and listened to some 1st hand experienced players and it just doesnt seem worth it. 3 missions (2 short ones) a raid that i would have to do some hardcore grinding for, a few crucible maps, and 1 strike (2 for playstation users) just doesnt seem worth the $20 or even half the season pass cost. The timed exclusive strike is what really gets me. Id be fine if it was 3 maybe 4 months exclusives tops but a year is a bit ridiculous considering that after 2 weeks Destiny struggled to remain relevant to me. And to charge the same price for less content....

Xyor will forever be in the book of "Video Game Pains" for me.

I'm happy with the Dark Below DLC but hey, I respect your opinion.
---
#92 Posted: 04:52:28 26/12/2014

Xyor will forever be in the book of "Video Game Pains" for me.

I'm happy with the Dark Below DLC but hey, I respect your opinion.

Thanks for being respectful. I wouldnt mind as much if it wasnt for the whole ps exclusive stuff <.< all it is doing is driving a bigger wedge between gamers
---
Praise Helix!!!
#93 Posted: 11:19:45 26/12/2014
Really, Bungie?

I got up early just to look at this dog crap.

You could've sold the SUROS, Heart of Praxic Fire, Skullfort, Saint-14, Gjallarhorn, Icebreaker, Crest of Alpha Lupi, Glasshouse, etc.

Nope, a terrible junk weapon and titans get the armanterium for like, what? the 10th time?

I don't even have any reason to look forward to Xur anymore due to the fact he's sold nothing but crap for months and months now.

The last actual purchase that wasn't for a bounty was like what? a few months ago? lol.
---
#94 Posted: 19:49:58 26/12/2014
Why give game time I mean everyone judging it when expansion 2 house of wolf not even out

Also can't play due psn being down
---
#95 Posted: 22:38:56 26/12/2014
Why give game time I mean everyone judging it when expansion 2 house of wolf not even out

english please
---
words. letters. filler.
#96 Posted: 07:11:30 27/12/2014
Quote: TacoMakerSkys

english please

I'm not in the mood to fight ok I was explaining why is everyone hating the game so fast when expansion 2 house of Wolfs not even out and I use an iphad ok you might see mistakes on my grammar ok so if your going to be rude and don't have anything nice to say. Don't say anything ok bud I been having rough time today smilie
---
#97 Posted: 07:39:49 27/12/2014

english please

I'm not in the mood to fight ok I was explaining why is everyone hating the game so fast when expansion 2 house of Wolfs not even out and I use an iphad ok you might see mistakes on my grammar ok so if your going to be rude and don't have anything nice to say. Don't say anything ok bud I been having rough time today smilie

Don't see how an iPad is going to make the different but ok. DLC doesn't really make or break the game in my opinion, it's about the general content that's shipped with the game at launch. P.S. This really isn't the place to bring personal problems smilie
---
words. letters. filler.
#98 Posted: 08:37:04 27/12/2014

english please

Don't see how an iPad is going to make the different but ok. DLC doesn't really make or break the game in my opinion, it's about the general content that's shipped with the game at launch. P.S. This really isn't the place to bring personal problems smilie

What ever makes you happy fine by me but anyways destiny is great smilie I love using warlocks with void attack show about you?
---
#99 Posted: 09:52:43 27/12/2014

english please

Agreed. The only thing that Destiny really excels at in my opinion is how the game looks and and the mechanics of the shooter itself. The story, content, upgrades, and general progression are just subpar <.< Its a game that i want to love but it just feels too much like a money grab. Short story, buy the next 3 chapters for $20, then another couple for the same price later. Most season passes run for 30 and have the single dlc set for 10 or so. Adding some new gear and few maps doesnt really call for a $20 price tag. I dont think its "judging too fast" if most of the content has been released....
---
Praise Helix!!!
#100 Posted: 17:18:49 13/04/2015
this thread ain't dead yet.

---
First | Page 2 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me