Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > All Purpose Destiny Topic - In the Interest of Becoming Legend
Page 1 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5
All Purpose Destiny Topic - In the Interest of Becoming Legend
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#1 Posted: 11:56:21 08/09/2014 | Topic Creator
[User Posted Image]

The servers are officially open, anyone who's got a physical copy can play, it seems about the right sort of time to make a Destiny thread.

Share online ID's, post platform, class, race and what you're planning to do when you launch into the game for the first time. Maybe we could get a bunch of people from the forum to take on the raid when it opens on the 16th.
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#2 Posted: 22:21:29 08/09/2014
I'm still deciding whether or not to pick this up smilie
---
words. letters. filler.
#3 Posted: 01:38:46 10/09/2014
Picked this up today, bought the expansion pass as well. 140 minutes for a 140mb update ;-; y u do dis sony
---
words. letters. filler.
gillgrunt987 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7341
#4 Posted: 22:08:51 10/09/2014
Is it coming to PC/Steam at any point in the future? I want to buy Destiny yet I've heard it's Xbox/Playstation only. Any confirmation?
---
I can survive scalding hot coffee and being whipped for 24 hours a day. Digestive biscuits or riot.
zer0dch Ripto Gems: 1916
#5 Posted: 22:26:14 10/09/2014
Quote: gillgrunt987
Is it coming to PC/Steam at any point in the future? I want to buy Destiny yet I've heard it's Xbox/Playstation only. Any confirmation?

It's been added to Steam's database, but I doubt it's coming anytime soon. Bungie doesn't seem to keen on it coming to PC.
Epic popthorn Emerald Sparx Gems: 3277
#6 Posted: 01:51:05 11/09/2014
This is my favorite game!
Spyro-Fan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5318
#7 Posted: 11:10:13 15/09/2014
I didn't care too much about this game until I found out my dad ordered it without my knowledge together with PS4. Good guy dad.

I'll get it in about 2 days perhaps, but I'll probably spend most of the day figuring out what can I do with the console, plus it's my first FPS game on a console so.... yeah.

All I know is that I'll probably be a human hunter, if I figured the classes and races out correctly. For the rest god help me. xD
ace Gold Sparx Gems: 2982
#8 Posted: 20:38:38 15/09/2014
I just hit 20 on my Hunter yesterday. Things really open up after rank 18. I'm enjoying the game thus far. Still getting used to Crucible battle though
---
Praise Helix!!!
#9 Posted: 03:06:47 16/09/2014
Been mostly playing Capture on Crucible, level 11 Warlock right now, (don't generally play that much since launch now) and went on my first mission on the Moon.
---
words. letters. filler.
Zylek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1920
#10 Posted: 16:59:24 16/09/2014
I got my Warlock up to 20, working on building my Vanguard and Crucible ranks now to get the good armor and weapons.
---
Anyone know where my avatar is from?
#11 Posted: 23:16:52 16/09/2014
i reached 20 and beat the game last night....tbh i dont feel like playing anymore. Crucible points rack up too slow for my liking
---
Praise Helix!!!
#12 Posted: 18:24:25 17/09/2014
Welp I got the game today. It's fun, but awkward to play on a joystick. I'm a Human Hunter but I might switch to Awoken.

Though, I got a Vanguard Armoury edition and I need to redeem the code on PSN to get all the extra stuff. Will other users on PS3/4 system also get the Vanguard items, or just me? I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to this.
#13 Posted: 18:30:47 17/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Spyro-Fan
Welp I got the game today. It's fun, but awkward to play on a joystick. I'm a Human Hunter but I might switch to Awoken.

Though, I got a Vanguard Armoury edition and I need to redeem the code on PSN to get all the extra stuff. Will other users on PS3/4 system also get the Vanguard items, or just me? I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to this.

That depends. If you're playing on PS3 then everyone will get the Vanguard items. If you're playing on PS4, you have to set your account to be the primary account and then every other account get the Vanguard items/anything you download for the system.
#14 Posted: 18:45:03 17/09/2014
Ah, right. And how do I set it to be my primary account? Is it the option on PSN to activate the system as a primary one? Asking since I don't have any sub-accounts, so I don't know if it ''thinks'' that there are two main ones.
#15 Posted: 06:08:14 18/09/2014

The extra stuff you speak of is the ability to but those items in the armory. To be honest they arent even that great, you'll find better stuff in the field
---
Praise Helix!!!
#16 Posted: 12:47:59 18/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Ah, right. And how do I set it to be my primary account? Is it the option on PSN to activate the system as a primary one? Asking since I don't have any sub-accounts, so I don't know if it ''thinks'' that there are two main ones.

I have no idea how to specifically do it myself, don't own a PS4, but you could probably find some information about it online. I think Sony's website might have some help guides on how to do it.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6239
#17 Posted: 13:17:54 18/09/2014
I've heard very middling things about the game; namely that it's a largely generic shooter that takes cues from Borderlands. Is this stuff true? Is replay value decent?
#18 Posted: 15:24:51 18/09/2014
Quote: ace

The extra stuff you speak of is the ability to but those items in the armory. To be honest they arent even that great, you'll find better stuff in the field

True, they have level 5 stuff and then level 10 stuff once you get to 10 and then it's back to the normal Vanguard stuff you cannot get until you are likve vanguard level 3. I got a legendary engram drop during a strike mission last night! It's a legendary pulse rifle and it rocks! Quite a bit better than the stranger's rifle you get at the end of the main story.
---
#19 Posted: 21:55:54 18/09/2014
Quote: Zylek

True, they have level 5 stuff and then level 10 stuff once you get to 10 and then it's back to the normal Vanguard stuff you cannot get until you are likve vanguard level 3. I got a legendary engram drop during a strike mission last night! It's a legendary pulse rifle and it rocks! Quite a bit better than the stranger's rifle you get at the end of the main story.

Sweet, i always prefer a pulse rifle as my primary weapon. But since you have a legendary gun i have a question. Do legendary guns give you light points? I know rare armor can and legendary armor always does but any weapon i have seen or heard of doesnt. Thought it might b different for legendaries
---
Praise Helix!!!
#20 Posted: 05:39:45 21/09/2014
They just have really high damage, no light points. I was so pumped when I got a legendary armor engram after a crucible match but alas when it was decoded it was for a hunter and I'm a warlock smilie
---
#21 Posted: 08:01:11 21/09/2014
They just have really high damage, no light points. I was so pumped when I got a legendary armor engram after a crucible match but alas when it was decoded it was for a hunter and I'm a warlock smilie

For real? That's some serious bull right there. They need to take a page from borderlands and make trading gear a thing. "Oh u picked up a legendary warlock helmet? I picked up a titan chest piece so lets trade." Or at least allow you to tweak gear between characters. The vault would work perfect for that! Im questioning if that isnt actually a thing to be honest o.O
---
Praise Helix!!!
#22 Posted: 12:18:41 21/09/2014 | Topic Creator
You can store the armour in your vault if you want then (if you ever want to play Hunter/Titan) you can give it to that character instead. I won a rare helmet for a Titan in last weeks Heroic Strike and I'm just keeping it until I get around to playing Titan.
zer0dch Ripto Gems: 1916
#23 Posted: 15:38:35 21/09/2014
It's a shame this game didn't live up to the hype and expectations. I'm glad to see many others having fun with it though. I'm kind of relieved I didn't outright spend $60 on it.

Turn offs for me are...:
crap loot, loot already being hard to find.
extremely repetitive missions.
one area per planet.
weak story.
miserable endgame.

I'm sure Destiny 2 (you know there will be one) will definitely fix these flaws.
#24 Posted: 17:41:45 21/09/2014
I'm hoping the expansions will spice things up a bit. I'm really bummed about the vehicle options so far, they are VERY lacking when compared to Halo.
---
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#25 Posted: 17:43:35 21/09/2014
Quote: CAV
I've heard very middling things about the game; namely that it's a largely generic shooter that takes cues from Borderlands. Is this stuff true? Is replay value decent?

That's what I've been hearing too, frankly. <.<
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#26 Posted: 19:50:45 21/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: zer0dch
It's a shame this game didn't live up to the hype and expectations. I'm glad to see many others having fun with it though. I'm kind of relieved I didn't outright spend $60 on it.

Turn offs for me are...:
crap loot, loot already being hard to find.
extremely repetitive missions.
one area per planet.
weak story.
miserable endgame.

I'm sure Destiny 2 (you know there will be one) will definitely fix these flaws.

Oh yeah, there's going to be 4 of them. It's part of the contract with Activision.
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#27 Posted: 15:47:12 22/09/2014
I do pretty well in the Crucible, manage to get some kills with my shingen.

But the drops? Don't get me started.

I finish high up in the rankings and I get a crappy piece of armor that doesn't even compare to what I have, while the guy in last gets A LEGENDARY ENGRAM.
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:47:37 22/09/2014 by MoonHorizons
#28 Posted: 22:11:34 22/09/2014
Quote: MoonHorizons
I do pretty well in the Crucible, manage to get some kills with my shingen.

But the drops? Don't get me started.

I finish high up in the rankings and I get a crappy piece of armor that doesn't even compare to what I have, while the guy in last gets A LEGENDARY ENGRAM.

RIGHT!? im not great but im not terrible and i notice this. People who come in last will get like 2 blue items and i will get nothing multiple games in a row

on the plus side i got an exotic weapon bounty last night...no idea if i will ever finish it
---
Praise Helix!!!
#29 Posted: 22:44:06 22/09/2014 | Topic Creator
The rewards for the crucible are random, it's to stop you from boosting for good gear in the crucible. The system does need to be altered and I don't doubt that they're working on changing something as soon as they can.
#30 Posted: 01:28:29 23/09/2014
Quote: bionicle2809
The rewards for the crucible are random, it's to stop you from boosting for good gear in the crucible. The system does need to be altered and I don't doubt that they're working on changing something as soon as they can.

I understand, im not saying the system is bad. I mean someone can have no skill and actually just b bad at the game but still enjoy it and put time in. So yes they should be able to earn good gear even if they arent good at the game. But to do great in a match and earn NOTHING seems a lil unfair...but i guess most of those players already got good gear
---
Praise Helix!!!
#31 Posted: 13:19:28 23/09/2014 | Topic Creator

I understand, im not saying the system is bad. I mean someone can have no skill and actually just b bad at the game but still enjoy it and put time in. So yes they should be able to earn good gear even if they arent good at the game. But to do great in a match and earn NOTHING seems a lil unfair...but i guess most of those players already got good gear

Well, winning a match gets you more crucible experience and marks than losing (provided you're level 18 or above) and coming top gets you some extra medals and extra medals means extra glimmer. So you do get something... Even if it might not seem a lot.
#32 Posted: 15:00:49 24/09/2014
Well if you try to unlock the Exotic hand cannon Thorn through the A Light in Dark quest, part of it requires you earning 500 points through kills in the crucible using void damage and..... you get 5 points for kills using void damage and lose 2 points everytime you die. So you need to have at least some skill in PvP to get through that leg of the quest. I'm on the last part where you have to do a level 26 Strike Mission and none of my friends have PS4s yet so I'm going to have to round up a team to try to take that mission down.
---
#33 Posted: 15:49:58 24/09/2014

--------
#34 Posted: 16:15:14 24/09/2014
I've been playing a couple hours a day since I beat the main story so I would say yes.
---
#35 Posted: 17:07:09 24/09/2014
I'm currently just working towards legendary gear and exotics so me and my friends can take down the Vault of Glass.
---
#36 Posted: 23:39:03 24/09/2014
got 2 legendaries today lol smilie chest piece and machine gun
---
Praise Helix!!!
#37 Posted: 05:51:22 25/09/2014

i hate you officially now.

i've been grinding crucible rep so i can get a chest piece for nearly an entire week now.
---
#38 Posted: 06:17:25 25/09/2014

i hate you officially now.

i've been grinding crucible rep so i can get a chest piece for nearly an entire week now.

Dont hate me but....i actually got another legendary chest piece after posting <.< i'd give u it if i could. Do the Queens bounties and then her missions. U are guaranteed a legendary after completion as long as u completed it with the Queens orders. I just finished 2 of her bounties so i have 2 orders, meaning i can do the mission twice and get 2 legendaries as a reward. U can do her mission without her orders BUT u wont get a reward. This is to prevent people from just farming her missions for legendaries without doing bounties.

The machine gun was from farming the loot cave though
---
Praise Helix!!!
#39 Posted: 14:34:02 25/09/2014
I'm trying to farm Strange Coins to get someone from the Black Market guy this weekend, I would have loved to have gotten the gauntlets he had last weekend.
---
#40 Posted: 19:46:50 25/09/2014
I'm hoping Xur will have the helmet of inmost light this week.

Though chances are he wont.

I also get a legendary engram in the crucible.

I decide to decrypt it.

It turns into a crappy pair of blue boots.

KILL YOURSELF CRYPTARCH.
---
#41 Posted: 19:50:20 25/09/2014
I just got to Cryptarch level 7 and I got a legendary shotgun in the gift pack for reaching that level, it's called the Comedian! smilie
---
#42 Posted: 22:12:27 25/09/2014 | Topic Creator

I decide to decrypt it.

KILL YOURSELF CRYPTARCH.

I just got to Cryptarch level 7 and I got a legendary shotgun in the gift pack for reaching that level, it's called the Comedian! smilie

Bungie just release a post on their website detailing what they're changing, one thing was some alterations to the Cryptarch. Probably something to reduce the likelihood of getting the wrong class/rarity for engrams.
#43 Posted: 23:43:56 25/09/2014

I decide to decrypt it.

KILL YOURSELF CRYPTARCH.

Bungie just release a post on their website detailing what they're changing, one thing was some alterations to the Cryptarch. Probably something to reduce the likelihood of getting the wrong class/rarity for engrams.

thank god. Nothing is more of a let down than finding a super rare drop and having it turn out to b easy to get crap -__- i think the minimum rarity should b the color of the engram
---
Praise Helix!!!
#44 Posted: 00:01:15 26/09/2014 | Topic Creator

I decide to decrypt it.

KILL YOURSELF CRYPTARCH.

thank god. Nothing is more of a let down than finding a super rare drop and having it turn out to b easy to get crap -__- i think the minimum rarity should b the color of the engram

I wouldn't say it should necessarily always be exactly a legendary if you get a legendary, but it should be as likely as getting a blue from a blue engram or a green from a green engram.

Legendaries should work at something like 60% for legendary, 30% for are and 10% for exotics. Just as blue's probably work at 60% for rare, 30% for uncommon and 10% for legendary.
#45 Posted: 07:37:36 26/09/2014

I wouldn't say it should necessarily always be exactly a legendary if you get a legendary, but it should be as likely as getting a blue from a blue engram or a green from a green engram.

Legendaries should work at something like 60% for legendary, 30% for are and 10% for exotics. Just as blue's probably work at 60% for rare, 30% for uncommon and 10% for legendary.

Maybe, they way things are being run with it right now though idk. Thinkin about putting down the controller on this one after the hot fix today. Basically the patch made doing queens wrath missions pointless. Basically if u break down the gear u are rewarded all it gives u is your classes' core material. Yesterday it gave shards which could be used to upgrade legendary gear. I have done the missions 4 times and every time i got the SAME legendary chest piece. Yeah its cool the 1st time but i dont need 4 of em when i only need one and only need one of each class -___- Good luck soloing these missions (maybe like an hour solo)

I saw my friend get a legendary helmet and i have heard of people getting a legendary sniper or ship and lets be honest here, there is NOTHING important about ur ship. Purely for looks
---
Praise Helix!!!
#46 Posted: 16:41:54 29/09/2014
Right, yesterday I got to level 15 with my hunter and a new subclass is unlocked for me, but I don't know how does leveling work with it? Should I first level up my Gunslinger subclass, then go back to doing missions later for Bladedancer, or should I start leveling the Bladedancer subclass right now?

I want to go for Bladedancer but I don't know if I'll be able to level it up once I reach the max level. That's why I'm asking.
#47 Posted: 17:05:48 29/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Right, yesterday I got to level 15 with my hunter and a new subclass is unlocked for me, but I don't know how does leveling work with it? Should I first level up my Gunslinger subclass, then go back to doing missions later for Bladedancer, or should I start leveling the Bladedancer subclass right now?

I want to go for Bladedancer but I don't know if I'll be able to level it up once I reach the max level. That's why I'm asking.

If you switch to Bladedancer, you can still fully level up that subclass, upgrades for your class still unlock past level 20.
#48 Posted: 18:19:17 29/09/2014

--------

So not even a single person saying "yeah it's pretty good if you're into Borderlands" or anything?
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7089
#49 Posted: 19:19:11 29/09/2014
I've heard middling things about it too.

A friend of mine who frequents a Bungie forum (and has been since before Destiny was announced) has researched the game a lot and said it's over hyped as hell.

He's not gonna play it anytime soon since it seems so lukewarm considering the push the game got.
Not really interested in the game either, tbh.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#50 Posted: 20:02:49 29/09/2014

--------

So not even a single person saying "yeah it's pretty good if you're into Borderlands" or anything?

I guess, its got a similar loot system to BL but worse. For borderlands you can farm a boss for an assigned legendary. In Destiny there are no assigned drops. Its all completely random. U have the same chance at a legendary drop from a low lvl enemy as u do for a high lvl boss. Oh but one more thing, in Destiny ur lengendary drops might not even be legendaries! though that is supposed to be fixed in this weeks update.

As for loot, there isnt much diversity. A shotgun at lvl 10 is gonna have the same stats as any other shotgun of the same rarity at that lvl. So there is little point to raising certain faction ranks for their legendary loot since the main one has most of everything. There are "unique" exotic gear though that exceeds legendary but i assume they follow the same pattern. I got an exotic Heavy Machine Gun that out performs my legendary one and looks cool.
---
Praise Helix!!!
Page 1 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me