Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Mod applications? [CLOSED]
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#1 Posted: 23:17:08 01/09/2014 | Topic Creator
I think we should get some since it has been awhile
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#2 Posted: 23:49:45 01/09/2014
I'm gonna take this a step further and say we also need global moderators.
HotDogAndZap Emerald Sparx Gems: 3531
#3 Posted: 23:50:17 01/09/2014
We do need new mods. badly.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#4 Posted: 00:45:40 02/09/2014
We need less mods.
zer0dch Ripto Gems: 1916
#5 Posted: 01:37:00 02/09/2014
We don't need more mods. We don't need less mods.

We need mods that actually put damn effort into their responsibilities. Matteo, on the other hand has gone too far and is pointlessly using his modding abilities off of a tangent. Good lord, his reason for suspending Windumup was incredibly wrong. He apologized, but that doesn't mean anything. He's a crap mod that's been proven to take things in the wrong order and people are sick of it.
Spyroboy Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12015
#6 Posted: 01:46:02 02/09/2014
Quote: zer0dch

We need mods that actually put damn effort into their responsibilities. Matteo, on the other hand has gone too far and is pointlessly using his modding abilities off of a tangent. Good lord, his reason for suspending Windumup was incredibly wrong. He apologized, but that doesn't mean anything. He's a crap mod that's been proven to take things in the wrong order and people are sick of it.

^This.
---
「恋愛なんてだっさー‼ヤングは迷わずテクノブレイク一択でしょ‼」
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8179
#7 Posted: 02:05:15 02/09/2014
I do agree. But I also want a in depth back ground check on the user in terms of gnorc, behavior, and activity wise. I do not want someone even more corrupt or lazy behind the wheels as a mod.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
LocoGuy107 Ripto Gems: 390
#8 Posted: 03:40:58 02/09/2014
Quote: Trix Master 100
I do agree. But I also want a in depth back ground check on the user in terms of gnorc, behavior, and activity wise. I do not want someone even more corrupt or lazy behind the wheels as a mod.

Exactly. I used to want the moderator role just for the sake of deleting any kind of post that would take a toll on my self esteem and my forum social position, but I can see that it wouldn't make me a good moderator. I realize that I'm not going to like every post out there, but I also realize that, to be a mod, I would need to suck it up and #dealwithit. [Puts on 8-bit sunglasses.] The obvious "mod worthy" posts anyone should look for are ones that go on either intense offense or illegal activities. It can also be the posts that just ramble on about one specific thing without provoking any detail. Some of my past posts have followed suit to the guidelines, but I'm doing my best to keep myself clean. Even if I mess up, it's just because I'm trying to make my posts distinguishable from the rest.

Oh, and I don't participate in every touch available. Mostly because they alienate me just by looking at the title, and if they do interest me enough for me to go in, they're full of posts that, to me, weird me out more than the title does.

We need mods that are active and are capable of spotting posts that are "mod worthy." We also need mods that travel into every topic without thinking about it. I'm not fit for the job. Even if dark52 were to pick me to do stuff, I would only have the decency to moderate during night hours, which is bad, because I need sleep.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:50:13 02/09/2014 by LocoGuy107
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#9 Posted: 03:44:57 02/09/2014
+1.

Quote: IsisStormDragon
I'm gonna take this a step further and say we also need global moderators.

+1.

+1.

+1.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 03:52:38 02/09/2014 by Arc of Archives
Rand O M Gold Sparx Gems: 2223
#10 Posted: 05:18:32 02/09/2014
I laugh.
#11 Posted: 06:07:30 02/09/2014
Quote: Crookshanks
Matteo, on the other hand has gone too far and is pointlessly using his modding abilities off of a tangent. Good lord, his reason for suspending Windumup was incredibly wrong. He apologized, but that doesn't mean anything. He's a crap mod that's been proven to take things in the wrong order and people are sick of it.

Wow, that was rude. >.>

Yeah, but its the truth. He's a crap mod. It's an opinion that the majority of users on darkSpyro agree with.
#12 Posted: 07:27:05 02/09/2014

Wow, that was rude. >.>

Yeah, but its the truth. He's a crap mod. It's an opinion that the majority of users on darkSpyro agree with.

Yes, but saying he's a 'crap' mod is a harsh way of putting it, also it's not you who makes the decisions of how the mods go around here.

And the other things you post here aren't harsh? Would you rather me call Matteo a flawed mod?
No, I don't make the decisions here. I simply just think that he should be demoted for all of the mistakes he has caused. A ton of users think the same, too.
#13 Posted: 07:34:57 02/09/2014

Wow, that was rude. >.>

Yes, but saying he's a 'crap' mod is a harsh way of putting it, also it's not you who makes the decisions of how the mods go around here.

Okay now I'm finding this hypocritical here. I mean several others have called him "Terrible" or a "Bad mod". But you calling someone that you directly btw, for saying a person is a "Crap mod" or a relatively "Crappy mod". Honestly you're going way off the rails just to attack Zero here. He never said how mods should do their job, because you know that is no one's business here. Heck "Crap mod" is just a small way of putting things of how bad a mod is. Now if it were let's say "**** mod" that would be actually worse. Wouldn't ya say?
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
#14 Posted: 07:43:54 02/09/2014

Okay now I'm finding this hypocritical here. I mean several others have called him "Terrible" or a "Bad mod". But you calling someone that you directly btw, for saying a person is a "Crap mod" or a relatively "Crappy mod". Honestly you're going way off the rails just to attack Zero here. He never said how mods should do their job, because you know that is no one's business here. Heck "Crap mod" is just a small way of putting things of how bad a mod is. Now if it were let's say "**** mod" that would be actually worse. Wouldn't ya say?

Hey, thanks. I was a bit awe struck at what she posted. This post kind of sums up how I felt reading it.
#15 Posted: 08:19:13 02/09/2014
Quote:
Everybody makes mistakes, and then we learn from them.

It's called "human error"; If none of us ever made mistakes, we wouldn't be human.

Yes, this is true. Matteo on the other hand, hardly does. That's why a majority of users want him demoted. Have you not seen the response he's gotten for his job? He's a good guy, but I don't think he is fit to be a mod.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:20:38 02/09/2014 by zer0dch
#16 Posted: 08:24:14 02/09/2014
@CrookShanks - Thank you.
---
icon from Empoh
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#17 Posted: 11:41:28 02/09/2014
if there is a need for a mod i can step in. im a good listener and i will be fair and give everyone an option to voice their opinions, bad or good. i always believe in redemption and will take the time and care to sort out problems.

you can count on the count moneybone for effort and responsibilities....
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Troll Slug Ripto Gems: 2054
#18 Posted: 12:27:02 02/09/2014
He's a good guy, but I don't think he is fit to be a mod.

This.
#19 Posted: 18:05:22 02/09/2014
Quote: CountMoneyBone
if there is a need for a mod i can step in. im a good listener and i will be fair and give everyone an option to voice their opinions, bad or good. i always believe in redemption and will take the time and care to sort out problems.

To be honest I don't really trust you at all. Because,

1. One of your friends did get an account on here and started some trouble. Heck he even said you were/are Kappa.
  2. You also seem to start some of the same things as Kappa. Like starting the whole no Spyro remodel.
  3. That and users don't seem to like you starting crap. With mod powers it would probably be hell.
---
icon from Empoh
ReshiramForever Platinum Sparx Gems: 5142
#20 Posted: 22:41:51 02/09/2014
it was about eight years when we got our first mods

im not counting on getting more within the next eight
---
self professed austGAYlian
#21 Posted: 23:30:19 02/09/2014
Quote: Spyrobaro
I disagree with him.

I have no idea why Dark thinks that.
I agree with you
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#22 Posted: 23:33:22 02/09/2014
Quote: ReshiramForever

Yep. Dark seems insistent on the fact that the mods we have now are enough.

I disagree with him.

I noticed that he seems to recycle the mods instead of hiring new ones. Like when I heard wakapro left the mod position, dark didn't hire a new mod but instead appointed Wild as a mod for S&N in waka's place.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#23 Posted: 23:38:23 02/09/2014
Quote: Aura24
Quote: ReshiramForever

Yep. Dark seems insistent on the fact that the mods we have now are enough.

I disagree with him.

I noticed that he seems to recycle the mods instead of hiring new ones. Like when I heard wakapro left the mod position, dark didn't hire a new mod but instead appointed Wild as a mod for S&N in waka's place.

I noticed this as well. I don't know if dark just didn't want the hassle of reading many mod applications and is lazy, or just felt that Wild was fit for the job. Either way, Waka retired (thank God) and we got a better mod in the process. Wild is a really good person, too.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:38:38 02/09/2014 by zer0dch
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#24 Posted: 05:29:24 03/09/2014
What ever happened to SpyroD? Is he still mod status despite leaving so long ago?
#25 Posted: 05:32:03 03/09/2014
Yes, he's still mod, but he hasn't been online since June.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#26 Posted: 01:19:48 04/09/2014
Quote: Bravo101
What a mature signature zer0dch.

That could have been mentioned in my guestbook rather than publicly. But alas, dark is not hiring more mods.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#27 Posted: 02:03:15 04/09/2014

Ian't he training for the military? Or was it Boot Camp?
#28 Posted: 02:52:37 04/09/2014
Quote: somePerson

Ian't he training for the military? Or was it Boot Camp?

He's at boot camp for the military.
---
icon from Empoh
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#29 Posted: 18:37:56 04/09/2014

1. One of your friends did get an account on here and started some trouble. Heck he even said you were/are Kappa.
  2. You also seem to start some of the same things as Kappa. Like starting the whole no Spyro remodel.
  3. That and users don't seem to like you starting crap. With mod powers it would probably be hell.

i dont know the person your talking about and it is not me. if you have had a bad experience with that person dont go around and make assumption. yes i have had argument and been disagreeing with others. it is a discussion forum, you cant expect to agree with everyone or everyone agree with you. with that said i dont hold a grudge to anybody here.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#30 Posted: 18:59:27 04/09/2014
That was... unusually defensive of you, Count. Not like it's a bad thing.

Still, I think when the time comes, I hope dark will thoroughly look through the applications if he does another mod application thing in the future.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:44:19 04/09/2014 by Aura24
#31 Posted: 22:49:33 04/09/2014

i dont know the person your talking about and it is not me. if you have had a bad experience with that person dont go around and make assumption. yes i have had argument and been disagreeing with others. it is a discussion forum, you cant expect to agree with everyone or everyone agree with you. with that said i dont hold a grudge to anybody here.

Riiight, especially after this user posted this post in SnN actually saying it was you starting a lot of other things?

[User Posted Image]

The screenshot is not fake. I have witnesses to back this up.
---
icon from Empoh
#32 Posted: 01:09:25 05/09/2014
^ I also accused him of being a "kappa-esque member" and he immediately deleted the message and blocked me. I admit the message I posted was somewhat harsh, but I'm pretty sure kappa returned as a member named tobby before too, so it wouldn't exactly surprise me if he rejoined again and was CountMoneyBone.
#33 Posted: 01:17:17 05/09/2014
Quote: Arc of Archives
^ I also accused him of being a "kappa-esque member" and he immediately deleted the message and blocked me. I admit the message I posted was somewhat harsh, but I'm pretty sure kappa returned as a member named tobby before too, so it wouldn't exactly surprise me if he rejoined again and was CountMoneyBone.

Hmm usually a new member would have said something or replied to a message about being accused. Since you said it was a delete and block, it kind of confirms it. Not entirely, but you get the idea.

And yeah he was Tobby.
---
icon from Empoh
#34 Posted: 01:18:58 05/09/2014
^ I forgot to mention I also had him on block before then and didn't unblock him so he could reply, but it's still suspicious he didn't reply by posting on his guestbook or something.
#35 Posted: 01:24:40 05/09/2014
Quote: Arc of Archives
^ I forgot to mention I also had him on block before then and didn't unblock him so he could reply, but it's still suspicious he didn't reply by posting on his guestbook or something.

Yeah, very strange.
---
icon from Empoh
Wild Platinum Sparx Gems: 5045
#36 Posted: 02:26:58 05/09/2014
@Current situation of the thread. Can one of the suggestion moderators look at this?

Still, I think when the time comes, I hope dark will thoroughly look through the applications if he does another mod application thing in the future.

I'm not about to say he didn't look through them thoroughly (I have no idea if he did or not, picking from applications is flawed in itself but one of the easiest ways, and with the outcome of some situations...), but he'd have a lot more time to consider applications now that moderators are actually here, if he decides to open them up. I remember, with the 200 or so applications before, there was kind of a delay, and I'm predicting that there will either be a little more or a lot less if mod apps are opened again. The site hadn't had moderators before ever, so I'm certain a few things were learned in the application process. Depending on how many applications there are, it could take a week or so, since reading without rest isn't thorough.

I wish I had saved what questions were in the applications when they first opened up, I kinda remember them but not really...dang.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:28:31 05/09/2014 by Wild
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#37 Posted: 04:46:38 05/09/2014
Quote: Plato
Those who seek power are not worthy of that power.

/message
DummyZ Gold Sparx Gems: 2844
#38 Posted: 12:23:42 05/09/2014
How many mods do we have active these days? Half of the ones we had on late 2012?
Can they handle the whole website on their own?

By the current state of things, I guess that's a no. I guess we'd need some applications just so we can have 10 again and regulate the site's control.
#39 Posted: 16:37:21 05/09/2014
That is not the implication of that statement at all.

It's saying that "Mod Applications" (i.e.: the title of this topic) is a poor way to choose mods. Mods should be hand-selected by existing admins/mods based on their interactions and observations with those individuals.
#40 Posted: 21:19:51 05/09/2014
He could choose mods right off the bat again (no offense).
---
#41 Posted: 22:20:55 05/09/2014
Quote: Sesshomaru75
^ You seem to be forgetting that this is Dark that we're talking about.

Unlike many here, I don't have an intense misunderstanding of dark though.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6239
#42 Posted: 22:40:12 05/09/2014
Quote: Wild
I'm not about to say he didn't look through them thoroughly (I have no idea if he did or not, picking from applications is flawed in itself but one of the easiest ways, and with the outcome of some situations...), but he'd have a lot more time to consider applications now that moderators are actually here, if he decides to open them up. I remember, with the 200 or so applications before, there was kind of a delay, and I'm predicting that there will either be a little more or a lot less if mod apps are opened again. The site hadn't had moderators before ever, so I'm certain a few things were learned in the application process. Depending on how many applications there are, it could take a week or so, since reading without rest isn't thorough.

Unfortunately, Dark never said anything about his decision making or what went into choosing moderators. And considering some of the stranger choices he made (like it or not, one of the mods chosen was a member for only a month at the time), it becomes difficult to think that he didn't choose them randomly simply to get the process done and over with.

He never wanted to hire mods before and he probably only hired them then because of pressure brought on by the constant harassment Aura got and the lacking response it received.

Quote: UncleBob
Quote: Plato
Those who seek power are not worthy of that power.

/message

That is not the implication of that statement at all.

It's saying that "Mod Applications" (i.e.: the title of this topic) is a poor way to choose mods. Mods should be hand-selected by existing admins/mods based on their interactions and observations with those individuals.

Mods were chosen the first time through an application process. Dark himself opened applications rather than viewing and choosing mods on his own. I agree that it's not the best method to choose mods, but if he already did it in the past he will likely do it again in the future should he ever hire mods again.

Also the people who were hired as mods were people who also sent in applications, meaning they were seeking power and then got it. So your Plato quote up there falls flat in this situation.

I've been on this site for nearly 3 years and have both seen and heard of actions performed by Dark. Sess here has been around for nearly the same time, and has seen/heard the same. There is very little misunderstanding going on around here. Dark is the kind of admin to do these things, while also never explaining himself.

And if there actually is a big misunderstanding going on around here, why doesn't he just come out and speak on it? Clear the air. Interact with the users. Why hide in the shadows and have us guessing and frustrated while people like you come in here to defend him despite no evidence to do so? Any evidence we have ever gotten has led us to the implication that Dark has little to no interest in managing this site and what his users think. It took 8 years to get mods and when he finally got them he chose people that nobody knew if they would perform well, while also using a method that even you admit is inherently flawed. Where is the misunderstanding in all of this?

Watch as you are someday promoted as mod.

EDIT: Just had a look at your profile and saw that you joined in 2012. In that case, you should know what I'm talking about.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:48:51 05/09/2014 by CAV
#43 Posted: 22:57:20 05/09/2014

"Misunderstanding"?
---
#44 Posted: 23:13:14 05/09/2014

misunderstanding? If we were misunderstanding then shouldn't Dark come and clear the air instead of a user like yourself to try to clear that up with no evidence?
---
icon from Empoh
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me