Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 54 of 54
1 2 3 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54
Unpopular Opinions [STICKY]
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#2651 Posted: 23:51:43 29/03/2021
Debates don't change minds, experience and empathy do.

As everyone here knows, I hold many strong beliefs. Not a single damn one of them came from an argument. I developed them over the course of my life, either by way of my own experiences or my direct observation of others. This is the natural way of things, and I wouldn't expect anyone else to feel any differently.

For these reasons, I now only engage in sociopolitical debates with close friends - people I have known for years. To anyone else, I'm glad to talk generally about my beliefs, and maybe have a little back-and-forth on a single issue or two, but I draw the line pretty shortly afterwards. Because when you engage in that sort of argument with someone you don't share a foundation with, it can quickly become a pissing contest, no matter how mature or understanding you think you are. I've made a fool out of myself more than once.
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3859
#2652 Posted: 16:27:08 16/04/2021
saying something is "inspired by miyazaki" means nothing anymore. it's just a buzzword phrase. i wonder if it meant anything to begin with.

i love ghibli films and miyazaki's work, but people have bastardized the phrase in order to get a bigger audience for their tangentially related products. which is understandable based on the way the world is currently structured, but it makes me sad. saying your work is inspired by him is just a hollow turnoff for me now; you're trying to pretend your work is subversive and counter-cultural when it's quite the opposite.
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
Erikatastrophe Green Sparx Gems: 424
#2653 Posted: 19:26:38 26/04/2021
I don't believe in relief medicine.
---
"You already said that." - Veruca Salt, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005)
Clank Emerald Sparx Gems: 4229
#2654 Posted: 06:11:53 04/05/2021
This thread sucks and has contributed to the decline of this site's activity
---
"*runs around like a headless gnorc*" ~Jaggedstar©
#2655 Posted: 03:36:48 08/05/2021
Convenience store shawarma is delicious
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#2656 Posted: 04:41:40 08/05/2021 | Topic Creator
Quote: Clank
This thread sucks and has contributed to the decline of this site's activity

true.
#2657 Posted: 07:20:13 10/06/2021 | Topic Creator
pet peeve with people complaining about companies trying to look woke. like what else do you guys want? companies don't do anything, oh they're anti lgbt. they put up support, oh they're not doing enough and need to donate. they donate, oh theyre not donating enough. they donate even more, oh theyre just doing it to look good.

the fact that companies are able to market and make money with pride stuff is proof that the lgbt community is actually acceptable and being normalized. like there's no way this could have happened 20 years ago. heck 10 years ago everybody said "oh that's gay" as an insult. plus keep in mind a lot of companies that do pride stuff have workers who asked them to participate in the events. like honestly complaining about it just seems like being nitpicky for the sake of being nitpicky vs capitalism.

the memes are still funny tho
#2658 Posted: 22:15:30 10/06/2021
imo you still get hatecrimed for being any variety of lgbt. no amount of pride merch is going to solve that problem.

like, it's nice if you have the money to buy it, but a rainbow shirt does nothing for the lgbt folks who can barely afford the cost of being alive. it'd be better if the money going to cooperations were going to individual lgbt people selling pride-themed stuff.
---
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#2659 Posted: 23:35:04 10/06/2021
Quote: ThunderEgg
imo you still get hatecrimed for being any variety of lgbt. no amount of pride merch is going to solve that problem.

like, it's nice if you have the money to buy it, but a rainbow shirt does nothing for the lgbt folks who can barely afford the cost of being alive. it'd be better if the money going to cooperations were going to individual lgbt people selling pride-themed stuff.

better off: dont even support capitalism. fund lgbt people directly
#2660 Posted: 00:39:37 11/06/2021 | Topic Creator
Quote: Vespi
Quote: ThunderEgg

better off: dont even support capitalism. fund lgbt people directly

yeah true. if you really want to support people of the lgbt directly who are suffering helping them out directly is probably the best way. however, every charity gets donations because of tax breaks so most of them would rather get money from businesses and super rich people anyways. however, I feel like people also focus way too much on charities and big donation numbers when they can instead be volunteering and helping out the community.

is it also a hot take to say that for profit charities arent that bad? like you need to buy workers too you know?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:41:33 11/06/2021 by somePerson
#2661 Posted: 01:43:21 14/07/2021
Hey There Delilah was the worst rock song of the 2000s.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#2662 Posted: 02:06:26 14/07/2021
Quote: Metallo
Hey There Delilah was the worst rock song of the 2000s.

Say it loud and say it proud. I ****ing hate that song
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#2663 Posted: 07:09:51 24/07/2021
Minutes to Midnight might be Linkin Park's best album.
#2664 Posted: 18:51:53 05/08/2021 | Topic Creator
as a non white dude. the normalization of being racist towards white people is kinda gross
Project_Unnamed Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10125
#2665 Posted: 21:13:41 06/08/2021
Using abbreviations and acronyms in discussion platforms that don't enforce overly sensitive character limits is a great way for a person to reveal one's own stupidity and inadequateness to engage in reasonable, clear and coherent discussion.

You should always ask yourself, before using any kind of abbreaviation or acronym, that "will people google this?". If your answer is leaning towards any sort of kind-of-yes-type of situation, do not use that acronym or abbreviation at all and just write the whole damn thing. Your message will be clearer and you are not going to come across like a total tool to other people involved in the discussion.
---
I might give you more opinions... for a small fee of course.
Strawberry15 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1717
#2666 Posted: 15:07:57 08/08/2021
Quote: Drawdler
if you dont have friends already then discord sucks ass because its hard to find servers where people even reply to you ime so its impossible to make genuine friends. im just lucky now tht i was ****posting with someone who lead me to goods

and it was wayyy easier to make online friends a decade ago miss much

Yeah it can be hard sometimes, I joined a server with people around my area and they were very nice, I even made a new friend and we went to an arcade together. I had to go through many boring servers to find it but just keep looking, I'm sure you'll find a good server eventually
#2667 Posted: 09:06:50 25/08/2021 | Topic Creator
Hot take time. Tbh tom holland's spiderman isbt that great and is a great example of recency bias. Toby is more like classic, campy, dorky spiderman before gwen stacy died. He's a weird nerd who people can easily see self identify with.

Andrew is more like modern spiderman. He's cool, slick, silly, quipy, hot, and for reason skateboaeds. While the orginal Spiderman showed how anybody can become a superhero. Andrew represents the character in his 2000s. He has experience fighting hundreds of villains, he's no longer a high school dork and dates hot women, and he cracks jokes to mess with people. Andrew only suffered from his movies poor script and plot.

Tom is weird because he's a really unique spiderman. Spiderman never really had a father figure in the comics while tom has like 4.

The most basic early spiderman stories is a coming of age story. Boy gets powers. Abuses them. Uncle dies and says use them for good. Peter learns how to use them for good. And I feel like toms spiderman kinda ignores that. Instead his whole motivation is wanting to become his own superhero. He looks up to people like tony stark and sees them as badase superheros. His end goal is to become his own superhero. While toby's/andrews end goal were to keep their dead uncle's promise by using their power for good. Tom uses his powers for good because that's what superheros do. instead of what a good citizen with powers would do.
He doesn't really help the common man because his movies make him more than the common man. He's a super smart kid with a billionaire daddy figure that goes to a prestigious tech school with ties to a secret government agency. Toby and Andrew were just dudes with dead uncle's. Tom is a trust fund baby.

People say tom is the best peter parker in high school but comic high school peter is kinda a dick. He's a loner nerd who gets picked on and also wants to date the popular hot girl. He didn't become an awkwardly cute dork until toby became spiderman and shows started putting him in high school. I also don't get people.saying toby looked too old when tom is like 25 and playing a 16 year old while toby was playing a senior I think?

Overall. I like tom holland and his spiderman is pretty unique. But saying he's the best spiderman is kinda silly. Toms spiderman is more like miles morales. Kid who gets a powers that similar to another. (Miles gets spiderman's power and Tom gets an iron man suit). Person dies. Miles/tom learn how to be their own unique hero instead of replacing the dead guy.
Strawberry15 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1717
#2668 Posted: 03:22:32 06/12/2021
Quote: Drawdler
i felt like people would tend to take what i said way too ****ing seriously but i was actually being honest when i said smash is awful if you arent playing super casually (but even then it aint all that). its littered with absolutely terrible matchups and for a fighting game thats supposed to be about positioning more than traditional combos and health it has absolutely terrible controls and a lack of movement options. For every great idea theres like three terrible ones and that game just has way too much pointless **** while lacking things worth grinding on. The game speed in ult is hardly different from 4, and if ult had an upgraded port with a similar amount of iterations people would realise the problems it has rn similarly to how smash 4 is viewed as more flawed and slow than it used to be. the next smash game should overhaul the movement options and add more **** to dash around and up adn down and more options for returning to the stage instead of the degen repetitive disadvantage state matches are plagued with and it could do with some xrd style missions and actual learning modes too because the current singleplayer doesnt teach anything and all blends together so those modes arent really fun casually either. 4 was a lot more fun for its time, and in retrospect isn’t much worse, it at least had better control and the balance was definitely a lot wackier but honestly more fun in some ways. Im honestly glad smash ult is over because i didnt enjoy the game at all after i got bored of my main although i will really miss my ult board but that was also getting flooded with boring horny posts and a lot of the good users became inactive and had similar sentiments about the board

I think Smash works best as a party game, my favorites are Brawl and Smash 4, if people play it as a 1v1 fighting game it doesn't bother me but I just don't see the appeal in it. Also why do you say Ultimate is over? Lots of games continue to have an active player base without constant balance patches. When was the last time Mario kart 8 deluxe got a balance patch?
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9212
#2669 Posted: 21:29:23 21/12/2021
I think The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is better than the first one, and I also think Andrew Garfield's performance is a lot better in the sequel too.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
WAMBurt1984 Gold Sparx Gems: 2896
#2670 Posted: 07:38:00 22/01/2022
I hate Xbox and Nintendo and Skylanders and Racket & Clark and Crash Bangicoot.
---
British, Geek, Playstation player, Spyro & Sparx fan (Duo not shipping) & Rachet & Clark/Crash/Xbox hater.
#2671 Posted: 05:09:18 25/01/2022 | Topic Creator
Unpopular left Twitter/reddit opinion. The guy who said that sex work is empowering is the craziest dude ever for tricking people that selling nudes or prostitution should be acceptable. Sure the feeling of you using other people by selling your nudes seems empowering is it really? You're just selling your body for people to degrade you from a person to bob's and vagina to touch their pee pees to.

If sex work is empowering me asking a girl "how much for a quick blow" is supportive and not at all misogynistic. There's nothing empowering at all with a job that involves being raped, groomed, or murdered

Just the idea that a person has to sell their body to survive is ridiculous and backwards thinking
LeewweewoowheeH Gold Sparx Gems: 2325
#2672 Posted: 10:29:02 29/01/2022
^thank you for posting that somePerson
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
skylandersfan60 Gold Sparx Gems: 2329
#2673 Posted: 02:49:14 31/01/2022
Quote: somePerson
Unpopular left Twitter/reddit opinion. The guy who said that sex work is empowering is the craziest dude ever for tricking people that selling nudes or prostitution should be acceptable. Sure the feeling of you using other people by selling your nudes seems empowering is it really? You're just selling your body for people to degrade you from a person to bob's and vagina to touch their pee pees to.

If sex work is empowering me asking a girl "how much for a quick blow" is supportive and not at all misogynistic. There's nothing empowering at all with a job that involves being raped, groomed, or murdered

Just the idea that a person has to sell their body to survive is ridiculous and backwards thinking

I would argue that most work sounds bad when you simplify it like that, for example you could easily boil down a welder's job to 'sticks metal bits together', which obviously ignores the technicality and need of welding on an infrastructural level.

The core problem with sex work is that people are forced into it, the vast majority of sex workers are mothers trying to support their children, shaming women for selling their body ignores the actual issue, which is the increasing cost of living and poverty rate. The entire empowerment movement is based on women not wanting to be shamed for getting by.
#2674 Posted: 03:21:34 31/01/2022
^i get not wanting to be shamed and thats bad but under no circumstance should someone sell their body like that in the end it isnt worth it i argue that the movement was corrupted badly into just yay pro sex work though it isnt outwardly being perceived as “i dont want to be shamed” as much as “sex work empowers me” and a lot of woman are portraying it as such which is almost even worse because if you justify you encourage nobody to make change happen for you
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
#2675 Posted: 03:44:00 31/01/2022 | Topic Creator
Quote: skylandersfan60
Quote: somePerson

I would argue that most work sounds bad when you simplify it like that, for example you could easily boil down a welder's job to 'sticks metal bits together', which obviously ignores the technicality and need of welding on an infrastructural level.

The core problem with sex work is that people are forced into it, the vast majority of sex workers are mothers trying to support their children, shaming women for selling their body ignores the actual issue, which is the increasing cost of living and poverty rate. The entire empowerment movement is based on women not wanting to be shamed for getting by.

oh yeah lol my opinion was more about like onlyfans and teens getting groomed into.
#2676 Posted: 23:21:07 01/02/2022
^oh...

another unpopular opinion i have politically speaking

people just side with their own side pretty mindlessly at times i fully believe that (using american parties here) if democrats were in favor more voting restrictions for example republicans would condemn it and move for freedom to vote just to disagree to be clear this goes both ways doesnt matter which party people will often just move to adapt the views of the party they vibe with the most (im mostly talking about non politicians your average every day joes) and pretty much in the name of my mom is better than your mom
---
#2677 Posted: 20:31:22 24/03/2022
i think i might have said this before but out of the sonic adventure series, i had the most fun with sonic adventure 1. this is purely because i'm a sucker for games with hubworlds. thanks spyro.

sa2 has more style and a more engaging story, and i think overall is a better game, but i cant deny that i enjoyed 1 a little better
---
Cynder Lover25 Gold Sparx Gems: 2332
#2678 Posted: 09:16:28 25/03/2022
Game Grumps arent funny anymore and SuperMega (Their old editors) are way better
---
Been here since 2012...still a gold sparx
#2679 Posted: 23:15:14 13/04/2022
Love Spyro Reignited Trilogy than Original trilogy.
---
British, Geek, Playstation player, Spyro & Sparx fan (Duo not shipping) & Rachet & Clark/Crash/Xbox hater.
#2680 Posted: 10:20:29 20/08/2022
I hate Harry Potter.
---
"You already said that." - Veruca Salt, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005)
#2681 Posted: 23:22:06 24/08/2022
eh it's basic asf and the author is an ass so yeah
---
#2682 Posted: 23:38:37 24/08/2022
^^^^this.
---
#2683 Posted: 23:39:06 24/08/2022
Thank you for speaking the truth, Thunder.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:39:28 24/08/2022 by Erikatastrophe
Beemo Gold Sparx Gems: 2828
#2684 Posted: 03:30:25 02/09/2022
Quote: Erikatastrophe
I hate Harry Potter.

I'm really not that into it, like, at all, and I never will be. It just doesn't interest me. That, or anything Lord of the Rings.
---
I hate this name and I want to change it.
#2685 Posted: 01:11:19 27/09/2022 | Topic Creator
homework isnt that bad and complaining about how in highschool is 1.0 gpa behavior. school is made to teach you how to do x and homework is used to help retain x. please people who complain about having 6-7 hws outside of high school are talking out of their ass because not every class has long hour long hws. unless you are taking all honors ap classes
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:16:35 27/09/2022 by somePerson
#2686 Posted: 22:34:17 16/08/2023
I can't stand womens' football (soccer) and won't be overjoyed if England's Women team won the World Cup, I be frusrated for England mens team they never won since 1966. I getting fed up and now Womens' football (soccer) shoved in my face. Nothing against Womens' football (soccer) and womens and girls playing football (soccer). I not loving and enjoying football lately. If you think it's sexist then something wrong with you, what I say it's my opinion.
---
#2687 Posted: 12:28:43 23/09/2023
Being a Genshin Impact fan, believe NPC (Non-Playable character), Jeht is not a lesbian, but a bisexual. Maybe I like her and become of my waifus, believe some people think they so smart and get upset when someone disagree with them and label them like homophobic or troll, which I'm not.
---
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#2688 Posted: 11:55:58 28/09/2023
I can no longer return to cereal without granola. Maximize your cronch too, DS
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12083
#2689 Posted: 23:20:26 29/09/2023
i think i might've posted something along these lines already but im not really that crazy about the godzilla/mothra pairing introduced by the monsterverse. they are so much more interesting as enemies or tense allies. the western fandom post-KOTM has reduced mothra to Godzillas Epic Wholesome Chungus Waifu and its the gayest **** ever. they should be trying to blow each other up
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12083
#2690 Posted: 23:30:16 29/09/2023
you could say their relationship is like Tom and Jerry even
#2691 Posted: 20:42:57 05/10/2023 | Topic Creator
zoomers who think that older people shouldn't vote or run for president are just as lame as the right wingers who want the voting age requirement to increase.
First | Previous | Page 54 of 54
1 2 3 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me