Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 53 of 54 | Last
1 2 3 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54
Unpopular Opinions [STICKY]
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#2601 Posted: 01:49:23 09/02/2021
Loudly yelling "what???" and "I don't get it!!!" repeatedly isn't going to make the movie or game or show go back to explain it to you
especially since you clearly just spaced out watching said events explaining this and now you're calling the story bad to save face
use the pause button like a human being and think
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#2602 Posted: 09:52:49 11/02/2021 | Topic Creator
buffalo sauce kinda sucks. it just doesnt have much flavor.
fyra Platinum Sparx Gems: 6412
#2603 Posted: 15:01:05 11/02/2021
I want Realms of the Elderlings fanworks ban revoked...or someone adapt these masterpieces of fantasy already as games, movies or shows, it’s so great it could be what GOT was before it became bad. The author have made nothing since the end of that saga so being able to read fanfictions of it would be highly welcomed.
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#2604 Posted: 22:41:55 11/02/2021
Quote: somePerson
buffalo sauce kinda sucks. it just doesnt have much flavor.

I like it better mixed with something, like ranch
#2605 Posted: 20:50:16 14/02/2021 | Topic Creator
Quote: Drawdler
the furret walk meme sucks

it was cute at first but then it just got super annoying because its another "OMG WHOLE CHUNGUS 100 MEME HE WALK SNEK" kinda meme
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:51:34 14/02/2021 by somePerson
Erikatastrophe Green Sparx Gems: 424
#2606 Posted: 21:03:34 18/02/2021
Mothers are every bit as bad as fathers.
---
"You already said that." - Veruca Salt, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005)
#2607 Posted: 23:52:03 18/02/2021
Quote: Erikatastrophe
Mothers are every bit as bad as fathers.

Can confirm.
#2608 Posted: 14:20:15 19/02/2021
Woke mentality is a poison, firing someone just because of a joke is dumb and everyone who sent hate should be ashamed of themselves...stop making a tempest out of a glass of water! It’s going too far if we can barely say anything without making someone angry.
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
#2609 Posted: 17:39:18 19/02/2021 | Topic Creator
Quote: fyra
Woke mentality is a poison, firing someone just because of a joke is dumb and everyone who sent hate should be ashamed of themselves...stop making a tempest out of a glass of water! It’s going too far if we can barely say anything without making someone angry.

Is there a word for someone who acts more woke than they actually are? It reminds me of that one time where my professor asked the class who gave cash to homeless people and almost everyone in the class raised their hands and he called them liars
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3859
#2610 Posted: 17:58:45 19/02/2021

Is there a word for someone who acts more woke than they actually are? It reminds me of that one time where my professor asked the class who gave cash to homeless people and almost everyone in the class raised their hands and he called them liars

neoliberals
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
sans Gold Sparx Gems: 2241
#2611 Posted: 22:03:04 19/02/2021

okay but is the "joke" actually racist? sexist? perhaps homophobic or transphobic? or was it something innocent that doesn't hurt others? because there's a difference between a joke and trying to hide your bigoted views by going "it's just a joke, you're too sensitive"

if it's a "joke" that hurts someone, then the person deserves to get fired.
---
smiliesmiliesmilie
#2612 Posted: 23:26:16 19/02/2021
It was an harmless joke...that’s what disturb me
---
#2613 Posted: 23:32:09 19/02/2021
if it was truly innocent and non harmful then the person doesn't deserve it. but without knowing the context of the joke, i can't really determine if it was innocent personally. i'd just have to go off of your words.

if it's something at the expense of another, then that's pretty rude and the person should be warned at the very least.
---
smiliesmiliesmilie
#2614 Posted: 02:29:22 20/02/2021

It was an harmless joke...that’s what disturb me

If you don't mind, could you please give us the full context? There are layers to this and it's hard to know which applies without knowing the story.
#2615 Posted: 02:41:19 20/02/2021
^ yeah, exactly. like it really depends on the situation.
---
smiliesmiliesmilie
#2616 Posted: 16:19:08 20/02/2021
Parents as a whole just need to be judged more harshly.

Not much room for mistakes when you've got a human being depending on you.
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8179
#2617 Posted: 05:17:14 22/02/2021
If your going to complain about sensitivity and then be really sensitive yourself when called out about actual issues, you're hypocrite

---

Also if a site issues a ban on discussing Covid-19 talk as a whole. That's bad. Like literally everyone can get a case of that and need all the info they can get. I get not wanting to be discussion of it, but at that point you'd have to remove yourself from the convo and not the convo ending dead in it's tracks. Noticed this happened on Subeta where your pets can mutate and be bloody so I am just like wtf is this ****?
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:21:43 22/02/2021 by Trix Master 100
#2618 Posted: 12:23:02 22/02/2021
Quote: Trix Master 100
If your going to complain about sensitivity and then be really sensitive yourself when called out about actual issues, you're hypocrite

---

Also if a site issues a ban on discussing Covid-19 talk as a whole. That's bad. Like literally everyone can get a case of that and need all the info they can get. I get not wanting to be discussion of it, but at that point you'd have to remove yourself from the convo and not the convo ending dead in it's tracks. Noticed this happened on Subeta where your pets can mutate and be bloody so I am just like wtf is this ****?

Wait, is that only on Subeta or elsewhere? Neopets was letting it go as long as it doesn't go into detail (so "the pandemic" or "the current situation" is fine), and Flight Rising just straight up allows it as long as it doesn't get morbid.
---
#2619 Posted: 00:23:26 23/02/2021 | Topic Creator

going back to this subject i think its really scary how the mindset of people thinking that everybody who doesn't share the same mindset should be purged is quite eh. being woke isn't wrong but when its to the point where you think being more woke makes you a better person is where it gets really sketchy and kinda toxic. sometimes it just seems like people just want to feel offended for others and that's kinda WeirdChamp
#2620 Posted: 05:50:27 23/02/2021
Quote: Bifrost

---

Wait, is that only on Subeta or elsewhere? Neopets was letting it go as long as it doesn't go into detail (so "the pandemic" or "the current situation" is fine), and Flight Rising just straight up allows it as long as it doesn't get morbid.

Only Subeta so far is like "NO TALK ABOUT IT". I would not be surprised if other petsites started doing that tho.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
#2621 Posted: 13:42:38 23/02/2021
Oh thank god. But yeah, Subeta is burying its head in the sand big time - sure don't talk about it to the point it's triggering, but real life doesn't wait for you to turn that browser window off.
---
#2622 Posted: 00:05:20 24/02/2021
flight rising is kinda like that too actually. maybe not to the extent of subeta but if you mention real life stuff your post gets deleted unless you're really vague
---
smiliesmiliesmilie
#2623 Posted: 03:33:41 24/02/2021
Quote: sans
flight rising is kinda like that too actually. maybe not to the extent of subeta but if you mention real life stuff your post gets deleted unless you're really vague

Yeah like you still mention plague and infections because that is literally a part of the game. Plaguebringer cometh.

Meanwhile Subeta seeing the word "Infection" or "virus" craps the bed.
---
icon from Empoh
#2624 Posted: 04:41:52 24/02/2021

Yeah like you still mention plague and infections because that is literally a part of the game. Plaguebringer cometh.

Meanwhile Subeta seeing the word "Infection" or "virus" craps the bed.

Okay, I'm not familiar with these communities, but that sounds absolutely absurd.
---
"You already said that." - Veruca Salt, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005)
#2625 Posted: 05:20:03 24/02/2021
It really is fam
---
icon from Empoh
#2626 Posted: 12:03:51 24/02/2021

Because of the game's tumblr roots, it's a real ass risk that just mentioning your IRL problems leads to doxxing on the other end (because you exalted someone's bad decision or something, the older fandom is petty like that). There are some asshole mods in the team that just delete whenever though - but covid itself isn't specificially a rule like Subeta.

Also here's an unpopular opinion on FR to stay on topic - I think open reg is the best thing that happened to it because slowly but surely, the old elite is getting pushed out, even if the overdone memes in the forums annoy me a tad. Now they can't just yell on tumblr that someone in the rival clique dared to touch their content or like something they didn't, because that's actually just a random kid that wandered in.
---
#2627 Posted: 05:04:00 06/03/2021
People make too big of a deal over age gaps.

(Ew, legal ones, mind you, don't even go there.)
---
#2628 Posted: 20:46:33 10/03/2021
I’m against getting rid of fictional characters or not letting kids see certain movies because of «**negative connotations/racist stereotypes**», I, a millenial grew up in the early 2000s with many Disney movies even «**offensive**» stuff like Dumbo or Aristocats and loved them. Did not watched Peter Pan but I wasn’t weirded out or angered that it got a world in birth by sleep. So what is happening now that we want to get rid of Pepe le pew, Speedy Gonzales, kids accounts of Disney plus not allowed classics of our childhood? People are overeacting. Wait, you were kids too before, right? So you grew up with these so why are you pissed at them now?

Hey, we can’t even get a great villain anymore in animated movies because of that PC culture, don’t be too dark, too emotional, play it safe, don’t make anyone in serious need of a snickers angry. MAKE IT STOP!!! Stop being crybabies on fiction! Be more respectful sure, I accept that sentiment but it’s fake, caricatural, cartoony so stop being offended by it!
---
#2629 Posted: 20:49:58 10/03/2021
^ This.
---
#2630 Posted: 21:06:31 10/03/2021
Sure, you can still watch them on an adult account...but the whole thing is deeply saddening. The fact that this mentality is causing animated movies to feel worse than before because they play it too safe is just putting salt on the wound of my love for Disney already damaged by pointless remakes of classics...hey a solution...uh maybe un cancel Once if you want live action of Disney instead.
---
#2631 Posted: 21:23:51 10/03/2021
But those parents are mostly my generation and the one before it now adult, right? So why would they now don’t want their kids to watch movies they likely had in VHS format? Why are we talking about blame now...we grow up with them, it does not make us messed up? They were just fun to watch with iconic emotional moments. Was the stereotypes racist, yes...I’m fully aware of it but I’m not here for that. For me movies like Aristocats are everybody want to be a cat or for Dumbo the beautiful baby of mine...not stuff to be offended by but classics of the past.
---
#2632 Posted: 00:00:52 11/03/2021
it’s fake, caricatural, cartoony so stop being offended by it!

Historically speaking, so was a lot of racist propaganda.
#2633 Posted: 02:08:54 11/03/2021
I get the point, it's still feel weird but maybe it's for the better. However, I don't think I saw in animated movies anything that was truly gross or insulting or demeaning to the level of straight propaganda.
---
derpyhooves Platinum Sparx Gems: 5685
#2634 Posted: 02:56:43 11/03/2021
???? There is literally a crow in Dumbo named Jim and his little posse is full of black stereotypes?

Were Jim Crow laws not a form of propaganda against people of color?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:57:19 11/03/2021 by derpyhooves
#2635 Posted: 02:57:15 11/03/2021
There are way too many streaming services in existence and right now the Canada version of Netflix is apparently getting cannibalised on legend of Korra by Paramount as it's missing two seasons.
---
#2636 Posted: 10:04:38 11/03/2021 | Topic Creator
I’m against getting rid of fictional characters or not letting kids see certain movies because of «**negative connotations/racist stereotypes**», I, a millenial grew up in the early 2000s with many Disney movies even «**offensive**» stuff like Dumbo or Aristocats and loved them. Did not watched Peter Pan but I wasn’t weirded out or angered that it got a world in birth by sleep. So what is happening now that we want to get rid of Pepe le pew, Speedy Gonzales, kids accounts of Disney plus not allowed classics of our childhood? People are overeacting. Wait, you were kids too before, right? So you grew up with these so why are you pissed at them now?

Hey, we can’t even get a great villain anymore in animated movies because of that PC culture, don’t be too dark, too emotional, play it safe, don’t make anyone in serious need of a snickers angry. MAKE IT STOP!!! Stop being crybabies on fiction! Be more respectful sure, I accept that sentiment but it’s fake, caricatural, cartoony so stop being offended by it!

while i think trying to hide old cartoons that not many people watch anymore is kinda silly i also think that the argument of "well i didn't get offended" is kinda bad. if you are complaining about how you didn't really get affected by racial stereotypes in cartoons cool, but what about the people who did? do you honestly believe that every black person in the world wasn't offended by the crows literally called "jim" when dumbo came out? especially before the mlk's "i had a dream" speech was even a thought in his head? sure there are gonna be people who didn't care about depiction in cartoons at the time but I'm also sure there were still people who hated it.

now what i don't get is getting rid of pepe from loony toons. i thought the whole purpose of him was to show that this type of attitude was bad and never works on people. this may be contradicting to what i said above but there's is literally no way any child has the thought of raping people because they watched a cartoon skunk get rejected. heck there are lots of skits where the genders are reversed. did people not even watch the cartoons they are complaining about?

whats also kinda weird to me is how speedy is getting canceled again. because he was already removed from cartoon network in the early 2000s. but then came back quickly because of demand from Hispanic and Latin american organizations calling him a cultural icon. which kinda leads me on to believe that people are getting offended on behalf of others.
#2637 Posted: 21:19:56 11/03/2021
now what i don't get is getting rid of pepe from loony toons. i thought the whole purpose of him was to show that this type of attitude was bad and never works on people. this may be contradicting to what i said above but there's is literally no way any child has the thought of raping people because they watched a cartoon skunk get rejected. heck there are lots of skits where the genders are reversed. did people not even watch the cartoons they are complaining about?

Thank you.
---
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#2638 Posted: 05:49:45 18/03/2021

whoa im late to the party but
1. films like dumbo arent even affected in the slightest by the removal of a ****ing racist crow
2. hans literally tried to shoot and kill elsa
#2639 Posted: 01:45:42 26/03/2021 | Topic Creator
The excuse to act racist because youre a minority is stupid

Maybe I should stop caring about twitter posts because they don't represent the world lol
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:47:26 26/03/2021 by somePerson
#2640 Posted: 08:02:40 26/03/2021
^ I boldly agree. (I'm technically a combination of several minorities, by the way.)
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:03:22 26/03/2021 by Erikatastrophe
First | Previous | Page 53 of 54 | Last
1 2 3 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me