Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 52 of 54 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54
Unpopular Opinions [STICKY]
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#2551 Posted: 16:08:45 22/08/2020
Quote: Drednaw
i just think the little cubone guy is cute

Cubone and Poochyena became one.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12083
#2552 Posted: 17:51:16 22/08/2020
i honestly agree with you vespi. i only watched the first episode, and it seems like a fun show. but i didn't see much discussion about the owl house (outside of the animation boards i frequent) up until the luz x amity scenes. now suddenly everyone on social media is screaming "OWL HOUSE GOOD IM SUCH A BIG FAN". it just feels very disingenuous and eye roll-worthy. like is that the only thing people care about anymore?
fyra Platinum Sparx Gems: 6412
#2553 Posted: 21:10:34 22/08/2020
I only heard about it because it was said to be similar to Gravity Falls in my case.
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5357
#2554 Posted: 22:22:14 22/08/2020
I’ve wanted to post my thoughts on the owl house here since i saw Vespi’s comment on it, but it would take time to get it all in order and whatever. Plus, the season finale is next week so I might wait until then. Just know that for now, it’s very positive, I really like this show lol.
---
Soon.
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#2555 Posted: 05:16:52 23/08/2020
Fuel, Trapt, Default, Crossfade and all other hard rock/nu metal bands of the early 2000s are still good
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#2556 Posted: 07:24:02 27/08/2020
Morality is and always will be a solid gray, never black or white.

Modern cancel culture likes to rip apart things that were usually rightfully ****ty from another time, but I guarantee you, 20 years down the line, the things made today will be ripped apart in the same way. Public consciousness is fluid and constantly changing. Everything past, present, and future is built on a foundation that will inevitably be eroded over time.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#2557 Posted: 17:05:39 27/08/2020 | Topic Creator
Quote: Vespi
Morality is and always will be a solid gray, never black or white.

Modern cancel culture likes to rip apart things that were usually rightfully ****ty from another time, but I guarantee you, 20 years down the line, the things made today will be ripped apart in the same way. Public consciousness is fluid and constantly changing. Everything past, present, and future is built on a foundation that will inevitably be eroded over time.

Cancel culture will always be a thing. From Howard Dean's scream to witches and gay people. Now cancelling people is a power trip to ruin a celebrity's career. It's a result from this awful celebrity worship culture where people just praise actors or business men as if they are more than human.
#2558 Posted: 04:44:33 01/09/2020 | Topic Creator
I'm usually one to dislike people who's personality is hate pop music. But Drake makes super boring music
willspyro Ripto Gems: 5862
#2559 Posted: 14:54:41 03/09/2020
Despite that the original writers left the project, I have high optimism with Netflix handling the live action ATLA. I am very curious as to what kind of changes they'll make with this adaptation. I know it'll more than likely not be as impressive as the original is (I almost every live action adaptation for anything isn't as good as the original) but I am ready to go into this with an open mind. You can't do more bad than The Last Airbender right?
bonziebonzie Yellow Sparx Gems: 1143
#2560 Posted: 14:10:55 11/09/2020
DUDE SAME. A lot of people find The Offspring embarrassing but I love them to death and I find Limp Bizkit to be endearing. It’s going to be weird when the 2000s nostalgia that’s already settling in comes in full force and people stop ragging on 2000s nu metal and punk rock. Today’s embarrassment, tomorrow’s nostalgia.
---
My first Spyro game was Spyro Orange so make that what you will.
#2561 Posted: 20:39:17 11/09/2020 | Topic Creator
shrek 2 had the best musical opening too. all star is kinda lame but accidentally in love is pretty good
sans Gold Sparx Gems: 2241
#2562 Posted: 18:52:21 12/09/2020
tmnt 2012 is not good
---
smiliesmiliesmilie
#2563 Posted: 20:23:11 12/09/2020
I really think it'd be interesting to see Joaquin Phoenix's Joker eventually face off against Robert Pattinson's Batman.

Might be wishful thinking, but I hope that's what DC's planning.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:23:22 12/09/2020 by Metallo
#2564 Posted: 15:51:22 13/09/2020
In my case having a sequel in the Gotham continuity focused on Batman...but I doubt that’s such an unpopular opinion.
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
#2565 Posted: 17:48:29 13/09/2020 | Topic Creator
Nah joker vs batman would be sad. Wouldn't like to watch a 40 year old clown fight a hot 20 year old

Honestly I hope joker never gets a sequel. Not everything needs to be part of an expanding universe and start franchises. The movie is perfect as some artys fartys film with comic influences. You can't do anything new with the joker because it'll make the original less unique.

If they were to make movies in this universe I would rather it be an anthology of villain backstories that hit different genres such as harvey dent being about government corruption, penguin being a mafia film, scarecrow being a horror movie, etc
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:55:24 13/09/2020 by somePerson
#2566 Posted: 18:18:42 13/09/2020
Quote: somePerson
Nah joker vs batman would be sad. Wouldn't like to watch a 40 year old clown fight a hot 20 year old

Honestly I hope joker never gets a sequel. Not everything needs to be part of an expanding universe and start franchises. The movie is perfect as some artys fartys film with comic influences. You can't do anything new with the joker because it'll make the original less unique.

If they were to make movies in this universe I would rather it be an anthology of villain backstories that hit different genres such as harvey dent being about government corruption, penguin being a mafia film, scarecrow being a horror movie, etc

sP when is DC films hiring u
#2567 Posted: 19:09:15 13/09/2020 | Topic Creator

sP when is DC films hiring u

Heres my billion dollar dc movie idea

Batman but incel
#2568 Posted: 19:57:18 13/09/2020

Who said they'd be physically fighting?
#2569 Posted: 14:41:06 19/09/2020 | Topic Creator
Having a life revolved around video games when you don't make money off of.it. kinda cringe
#2570 Posted: 21:13:19 22/10/2020
Having a life revolved around video games when you don't make money off of.it. kinda cringe

even the godless end up worshiping something
#2571 Posted: 07:39:11 01/11/2020 | Topic Creator
voting for the 3rd party is not a waste of a vote. i mean it is but it shouldn't be taboo if you do it. the 3rd party exists for those who don't agree with either of the big 2. its a statement for change. its a protest vote.

saying that your vote matters unless its for the independents is quite the oxymoron. you have to remember. these votes arent people who didn't want to vote. people who vote for independent went out of their way to show the big 2 that they need to change if they want their vote.

side note: a multiple party system would fail in america
semp123 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3232
#2572 Posted: 16:25:19 03/11/2020
Frontier Psychiatrist is the weakest track on Since I Left You.
#2573 Posted: 02:21:13 07/11/2020
To Catch A Predator is alright.
#2574 Posted: 09:35:01 13/11/2020
humans arent inherently evil but we’re inherently stupid as hell and our incompetence shouldve killed us ages ago
#2575 Posted: 01:44:53 20/11/2020 | Topic Creator
Honestly, I don't think Barbies make kids insecure about their health or weight issues. When I was younger I would watch have Power Rangers Figures that were just way too muscular and I never felt insecure about this toy being the peak male body. Tbh media portraying high schoolers as hot ripped 30 year olds has made more people insecure about body size than Barbies.
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3859
#2576 Posted: 03:06:04 21/11/2020
i think it depends on the body type you identify with
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
#2577 Posted: 04:42:06 21/11/2020
I couldn't and still can't really stand Animaniacs lol
#2578 Posted: 04:43:26 21/11/2020
animaniacs is the late night talk show host of cartoons
#2579 Posted: 04:45:41 21/11/2020
At least I can pretend Conan is my friend.
#2580 Posted: 04:59:15 21/11/2020
Quote: semp123
I couldn't and still can't really stand Animaniacs lol

It's an acquired taste I think. I can't sit through more than a clip or two at a time.
Erikatastrophe Green Sparx Gems: 424
#2581 Posted: 22:23:03 14/12/2020
I actually really like "Ohhhh! I get what you mean now! Duh!" moments. They actually feel pretty good, heh heh. No more confusion and honestly relief.
---
"You already said that." - Veruca Salt, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005)
#2582 Posted: 14:26:06 15/12/2020
Don’t know if it’s unpopular outside of what’s popular to get made, but I want more action oriented shows like ATLA getting made and action-comedy like Gravity Falls or Samurai Jack on the animated side both on the kid and the adult side(so more stuff like Primal, Castlevania, season 5 of Samurai Jack, even the Harley Quinn cartoon)

Sure, we recently got Kipo but since a few years both on the theatrical, tv and streaming side, animation is in a downhill spiral of becoming dumber, gone are the cool memorable villains and rare are the kind that would make you sad or those that can get creepy like Coraline, it’s way too safe now.
---
#2583 Posted: 15:39:52 15/12/2020
Quote: fyra
Don’t know if it’s unpopular outside of what’s popular to get made, but I want more action oriented shows like ATLA getting made and action-comedy like Gravity Falls or Samurai Jack on the animated side both on the kid and the adult side(so more stuff like Primal, Castlevania, season 5 of Samurai Jack, even the Harley Quinn cartoon)

Sure, we recently got Kipo but since a few years both on the theatrical, tv and streaming side, animation is in a downhill spiral of becoming dumber, gone are the cool memorable villains and rare are the kind that would make you sad or those that can get creepy like Coraline, it’s way too safe now.

Pretty much this, yeah.
---
"You already said that." - Veruca Salt, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005)
#2584 Posted: 18:46:26 15/12/2020 | Topic Creator
Don't know if unpopular or not but I'm tired of spamming random thoughts.
Trump has been a pretty lackluster president but his take on foreign affairs has been pretty good. And you can tell because nobody talks about it. He managed to get north korea of all countries to have a better relationship which is wild. Hes also a business man so he realized how much of a waste ofoney going to war is so the military got less funding. (His veto against military spending got canned lmao)
The only negative relationship that comes to the top of my head is china after the flu but literally every country hates china because of that.
There's also mexico too and yeah there's no defending that yikes. Although he has the weirdest relationship with mexican leaders lmao
#2585 Posted: 01:05:40 16/12/2020
He managed to get north korea of all countries to have a better relationship which is wild.

If by "a better relationship," you mean a photo op, then sure.

They're still refusing to denuclearize. They're still keeping pressure on the DMZ. And they're doing still things like this.

Trump and Kim are just two show ponies posing for the cameras. Just like his campaign and most of his career, it's all style and no substance.

Hes also a business man so he realized how much of a waste ofoney going to war is so the military got less funding. (His veto against military spending got canned lmao)

Where did you even get this from? His veto of the bill had absolutely nothing to do with the amount. He objected to the renaming of bases named after Confederates, as well as protections for Big Tech (which has jack to do with defense, but that's our president for you).

This is patently false. Defense spending has actually increased steadily during the Trump administration. The only administration in recent years to decrease defense spending was the second Obama administration.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 01:22:45 16/12/2020 by Metallo
#2586 Posted: 03:10:02 16/12/2020 | Topic Creator
Quote: Metallo
He managed to get north korea of all countries to have a better relationship which is wild.

They're still refusing to denuclearize. They're still keeping pressure on the DMZ. And they're doing still things like this.

Trump and Kim are just two show ponies posing for the cameras. Just like his campaign and most of his career, it's all style and no substance.

Hes also a business man so he realized how much of a waste ofoney going to war is so the military got less funding. (His veto against military spending got canned lmao)

Where did you even get this from? His veto of the bill had absolutely nothing to do with the amount. He objected to the renaming of bases named after Confederates, as well as protections for Big Tech (which has jack to do with defense, but that's our president for you).

This is patently false. Defense spending has actually increased steadily during the Trump administration. The only administration in recent years to decrease defense spending was the second Obama administration.

Yeah a photoshoot is what I mean lol. Not much but better. Oof the part about the veto was me just misreading I guess too
#2587 Posted: 22:41:33 16/12/2020

Yeah a photoshoot is what I mean lol. Not much but better. Oof the part about the veto was me just misreading I guess too

I do think the fact that Kim even agreed to it is a good sign that North Korea's leadership is slowly but surely weakening. Hopefully if his sister doesn't take over, we'll see some real change in a generation or two.
#2588 Posted: 07:03:19 19/12/2020

I do think the fact that Kim even agreed to it is a good sign that North Korea's leadership is slowly but surely weakening. Hopefully if his sister doesn't take over, we'll see some real change in a generation or two.

hey remember when everyone was simping over his sister and unironically calling her “girl boss” and “queen” just because there was a photo where she ran across a street with toast in her mouth? because some days i try not to want to die but remembering that short time makes me want to make it a certainty
#2589 Posted: 07:44:16 19/12/2020 | Topic Creator

hey remember when everyone was simping over his sister and unironically calling her “girl boss” and “queen” just because there was a photo where she ran across a street with toast in her mouth? because some days i try not to want to die but remembering that short time makes me want to make it a certainty

i thought those were ironic? or are kpop stans spreading to the north?
#2590 Posted: 08:27:34 19/12/2020
^ Yes, they are absolutely spreading to the North.

---
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3859
#2591 Posted: 03:44:27 30/12/2020
i absolutely love dnd as a concept, but i can't play for extended periods of time
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
Robo-Spyro Platinum Sparx Gems: 5839
#2592 Posted: 18:30:39 07/01/2021
At this rate, if we don't manage to find a reliable vaccine by at least mid-year, and if it turns out we'll have to put up with the virus for years to come still, I think that a possibly drastic but much needed solution would be to have free and quarantine zones designated in each country that would stay that way for the duration of the pandemic, based on economic activity. The more quiet, less active places can be quarantine zones, with referendums for people to decide for themselves how tough they want the restrictions to be for each of them, while the usually more bustling commercial areas would be free zones for anyone who's willing to take the extra risk just to keep their lives going.
Anyone moving into the free zones would sign a contract or make a formal statement declaring that they take responsibility for their own health, and have secured a means of medical care in the event that they become infected. Where it might get drastic depends on whether state-sponsored relocations would have to play a role in this, and on what scale. It could be a divisive, long and costly process, just as other broad counter-measures, but that's the closest I see us coming to any sort of compromise without being stuck feeling endangered by the preferred lifestyle of one another.

Quote: ThunderEgg
i absolutely love dnd as a concept, but i can't play for extended periods of time

Oh yeah, that was my experience when I first tried it recently. It was with an online group I found on reddit, and we did our sessions once a week through Discord/Roll20. It was okay at first, but then I ended up leaving up to 30 minutes early, until I talked it over with the DM and decided it'd be best to leave. Besides the length of it, one of the other downsides was that it wasn't really as engaging as I expected.
---
no i will not write a signature for you
#2593 Posted: 01:08:29 08/01/2021
Quote: Robo-Spyro
At this rate, if we don't manage to find a reliable vaccine by at least mid-year, and if it turns out we'll have to put up with the virus for years to come still, I think that a possibly drastic but much needed solution would be to have free and quarantine zones designated in each country that would stay that way for the duration of the pandemic, based on economic activity. The more quiet, less active places can be quarantine zones, with referendums for people to decide for themselves how tough they want the restrictions to be for each of them, while the usually more bustling commercial areas would be free zones for anyone who's willing to take the extra risk just to keep their lives going.
Anyone moving into the free zones would sign a contract or make a formal statement declaring that they take responsibility for their own health, and have secured a means of medical care in the event that they become infected. Where it might get drastic depends on whether state-sponsored relocations would have to play a role in this, and on what scale. It could be a divisive, long and costly process, just as other broad counter-measures, but that's the closest I see us coming to any sort of compromise without being stuck feeling endangered by the preferred lifestyle of one another.

What the hell did I just read?

I started writing out all the problems with this, and I can't because I'd be here all night. Just know that this is not just drastic, it's impossible. And if it were possible, then the consequences would be far worse than the virus in the long run.
#2594 Posted: 01:43:34 08/01/2021
Covid won’t last forever, I don’t believe anyone who say it’s the new normal and neither should you, we won’t end up needing such drastic measures like having different zones that are either free or restricted and it would never work, if covid indeed stay there which I doubt, the idea it will is psychologically and mentally damaging to the mind. Listen, I know how crazy it might make you feel, not the full answer but everyone suffer from that pandemic to different degrees and you are giving up and I get it, nothing seem to change so you try to imagine what the world could be if it remain.

However, calm down whatever happen I doubt highly it would be that extreme, economy is crucial and it will be crucial to restart it so mass vaccinations need to happen, if everyone is vaccinated, life can start again and normality can return...until now just stay home, respect the rules even if you despise them and don’t contaminate other persons.

Also be careful what you post, it might make sense in your head but not everyone can understand what you mean.
---
#2595 Posted: 02:53:50 08/01/2021
^To be fair, when people say "the new normal" they don't mean forever. They just mean until the vaccine comes along.
#2596 Posted: 03:05:48 08/01/2021
Quote: Robo-Spyro

Quote: ThunderEgg

Oh yeah, that was my experience when I first tried it recently. It was with an online group I found on reddit, and we did our sessions once a week through Discord/Roll20. It was okay at first, but then I ended up leaving up to 30 minutes early, until I talked it over with the DM and decided it'd be best to leave. Besides the length of it, one of the other downsides was that it wasn't really as engaging as I expected.

bruh how long were you indoctrinated by reddit
#2597 Posted: 11:02:09 14/01/2021 | Topic Creator
Peeing while sitting is superior. Just chilling on the toilet and contemplating life is better than standing
First | Previous | Page 52 of 54 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me