Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 49 of 54 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54
Unpopular Opinions [STICKY]
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#2401 Posted: 00:26:09 04/01/2020
Quote: emeraldzoroark
Quote: Bolt
Soulmates don't exist in the way most people think of them! There is not one person meant for you in the 8 billion people on this planet. So many different people compliment your personality, there is not one singular person that is "perfect" for you, that is "made for you". There would be tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands, or perhaps even millions of people in this world that could be a soulmate, not just one person. Like, we don't have that red string connecting us to our soulmate. That's insane.

but, if you only date one person, is that your sole mate?

well yeah lmao
my one singular friend ;~;
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#2402 Posted: 04:09:12 04/01/2020
I'll take Bolt's sentiment a little further.

Romantic love does not need to be tied to destiny, fate, or hell, even life. It's not necessary for everyone. It is 100% possible to have a healthy, productive, fulfilling life without a romantic relationship.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:09:25 04/01/2020 by Metallo
#2403 Posted: 23:07:24 19/01/2020
The decline of journalism as a profession has jack squat to do with media companies' political leanings. News media has been politically biased for its entire existence - hell, up until the early 1900s, a lot of newspapers were actually legally owned by political parties.

It's because the nature of the work itself is changing. For example, I got into journalism because I like to write and I thought it'd be a good way of applying it practically, and 20 years ago, I would've been correct. Writing would've been the only hard skill I would've needed, because a newsroom would have different people on staff doing the photography and the videography and the graphic design and whatnot. All I'd have to worry about is writing.

However, today that's not the case. Mixed media is the order of the day, and if you want to be a serious journalist now, you have to be a writer and a photographer and a videographer and a graphic designer and so on and so forth. My J school even had a coding class of all things.

When you have people learn a bunch of hard skills that are all very different from one another, what you'll usually find is that they're good at only one of them, and just mediocre (or straight up bad) at the rest. My photography and graphic design are decent, but they're nowhere near professional quality. My videography is laughable. The same goes for my classmates - I know slam dunk photographers who couldn't write a coherent sentence to save their lives, and so on and so forth.

Long story short, I have a journalism degree and I work in sales. And I'm so, so much happier than I would be otherwise.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:08:57 19/01/2020 by Metallo
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#2404 Posted: 20:41:41 16/02/2020 | Topic Creator
As a child of immagration.
I can get why people want free college but the what ifs kinda ruin it for me. I think people assume free college = instant better job. the thing is public education is already free and people just skim it because it's free and has no risk. I fear the same would happen to free higher education where resources are being wasted on people who drop out and make that school worse statically making it harder to get into them. Also I'm pretty sure countries with free college have a very strict measurement of allowing people into the schools. Like it's very limited for the amount of people that they want in.
Another what if is the taxes. Yeah yeah yeah tax the rich or whatever but everyone is still gonna get taxed anyways. And taxes aren't fun even if you have no income and can't pay them but still complain.
Having a country thats overly educated is also a huge problem. Blue collar and trade jobs are dying and unfairly judged for paying "nothing" and being for idiots. The world needs plumbers and stuff alike. Stop making fun of them.
Also college isn't for everyone. You can still be successful without college. Stop blaming the world for being unfair when you don't try in the first place.

Another thing to add to the word wall. A certain type of people saying college is worthless and means nothing but also say it should be free.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:12:08 04/03/2020 by somePerson
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#2405 Posted: 21:55:46 16/02/2020
We do have tests in my country to get into free college or get a heavy college discount - so you still need either good education or motivation to get into one. Actually though, we also have trade schools that you can get in as if it's college, where you get all the higher education if you want another degree later down the road but you're also ready to work at a trade job. THAT SAID, because of the corruption, both get mismanaged constantly and STEMs are obviously better equipped than any other schools because of their immediate return.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#2406 Posted: 00:15:15 17/02/2020 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bifrost
We do have tests in my country to get into free college or get a heavy college discount - so you still need either good education or motivation to get into one. Actually though, we also have trade schools that you can get in as if it's college, where you get all the higher education if you want another degree later down the road but you're also ready to work at a trade job. THAT SAID, because of the corruption, both get mismanaged constantly and STEMs are obviously better equipped than any other schools because of their immediate return.

trade has the best immediate return. Stem jobs are weird because companies can hire cheaper labor for less from other countries
#2407 Posted: 15:00:14 17/02/2020
It still hasn't caught on here, so STEM institutes are still seen as easy 'college gets recognized for getting something% of people hired into Big Company'. Trades catch some flak too despite being slightly on that side - it's not academic enough like the humanities and yet it's lesser because you're not dedicating every study hour to the industry preparation??? Eh, I wish I'd gotten into one just so job hunts were slightly easier now, I don't care about how fancy or "poor" it makes someone look.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:01:18 17/02/2020 by Bifrost
#2408 Posted: 17:03:13 22/02/2020
Quote: somePerson
Having a country thats overly educated is also a huge problem. Blue collar and trade jobs are dying and unfairly judged for paying "nothing" and being for idiots. The world needs plumbers and stuff alike. Stop making fun of them.

Does this actually happen? Serious question. Maybe it did a few decades ago, but I doubt it's the case now. I think your opinion on this is actually pretty popular.

The biggest reason blue collar jobs (manufacturing, etc) are declining is automation. Trades that require skilled work (like plumbing, as you mentioned) are pretty safe from that because we're centuries away from robots that can mimic human fine motor skills.

I personally think the decline of trades has more to do with the weakening of unions, but that's just a hunch. I'll have to do some more research.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 17:12:20 22/02/2020 by Metallo
#2409 Posted: 03:55:02 24/02/2020 | Topic Creator
Quote: Metallo

Does this actually happen? Serious question. Maybe it did a few decades ago, but I doubt it's the case now. I think your opinion on this is actually pretty popular.

The biggest reason blue collar jobs (manufacturing, etc) are declining is automation. Trades that require skilled work (like plumbing, as you mentioned) are pretty safe from that because we're centuries away from robots that can mimic human fine motor skills.

I personally think the decline of trades has more to do with the weakening of unions, but that's just a hunch. I'll have to do some more research.

i know blue collar jobs are on a decrease because of machines lol. my unpopular opinion was more about the school thing.
Lunar Gold Sparx Gems: 2408
#2410 Posted: 20:22:28 25/02/2020
eh, putting people through hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt just to make sure that they don't just skim through it is a really bad plan. for a lot of jobs you need a degree to even be given an interview because an algorithm sees your resume without one and throws it out on principle. it does happen, and i think people going into those careers deserve to be given a solid chance to get into their field without pledging themselves to debt for the majority of their life (especially so young in their life, most people make these decisions immediately out of high school)

of course i know that there are also a lot of careers that don't need a degree to do well in. i've seen a lot of people i knew from high school go into college paying for housing, food plans, books, and base tuition rates via student loans alongside purposefully meager scholarships to get an acting or film degree, and i think that's really dumb. but, like, they were also 18 when they signed all of the papers to make that decision, and now that has to stick with them for the rest of their life. college is thrown onto you a ton by society in every facet of teenage life, it's all they talk about in high school. any way that can help people get out of that horrible system of debt sounds good to me.
#2411 Posted: 21:35:02 25/02/2020
I don't know much about economics and budgets, but I know in Northern Europe you get free tuition ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
---
I draw stuff.
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3859
#2412 Posted: 01:17:16 26/02/2020
that's it, i'm moving to n. europe
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
#2413 Posted: 05:08:28 29/02/2020
People shouldn't bring small children to Mardi Gras.
fyra Platinum Sparx Gems: 6412
#2414 Posted: 13:42:16 29/02/2020
2020 is cancelled aka Coronavirus cancelling everything
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
#2415 Posted: 15:12:28 29/02/2020 | Topic Creator

Honestly small children ruin every event
#2416 Posted: 23:56:23 29/02/2020

Honestly small children ruin every event

Especially when there are dense moving crowds and alcohol. And the people who bring kids to this type of thing are usually the Facebook Karens who will blame everyone but themselves if something goes wrong.

EDIT: And you know what else? For Mardi Gras specifically, it's always Americans whose kids are causing problems. The international tourists usually don't bring children, and if they do, they're quiet, well-behaved and constantly watched.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:59:14 29/02/2020 by Metallo
#2417 Posted: 05:15:45 04/03/2020

This is unpopular?? x)
---
I draw stuff.
#2418 Posted: 23:26:56 04/03/2020
Quote: Bolt

This is unpopular?? x)

Come to Mardi Gras and you'll see.
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#2419 Posted: 05:49:52 11/03/2020
The subset of Boomers that say you shouldn't be allowed in theme parks (specifically Disney) if you're over 18 is stupid and needs a reality check.
#2420 Posted: 04:06:49 15/03/2020
Fireball tastes good
Ezio Hunter Gems: 7168
#2421 Posted: 21:28:48 16/03/2020
Fireball tastes good

hell yeah it does
---
"The cowboy has always been a dying breed
But he takes his dying slowly, perched upon his steed."
willspyro Ripto Gems: 5862
#2422 Posted: 20:29:35 04/04/2020
semp123 and someperson are the best users on the site
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12083
#2423 Posted: 20:56:05 04/04/2020
shut da heck up your gay
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:56:22 04/04/2020 by Carmelita Fox
Spyroboy Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12015
#2424 Posted: 21:49:44 04/04/2020
Fireball tastes good

I approve this message.
---
「恋愛なんてだっさー‼ヤングは迷わずテクノブレイク一択でしょ‼」
#2425 Posted: 07:13:22 05/04/2020
Fireball tastes good

I don't drink but those lil Fireball candies that are like super hot cinnamon? Also very good
#2426 Posted: 21:33:54 05/04/2020
Quote: Vespi
Fireball tastes good

I don't drink but those lil Fireball candies that are like super hot cinnamon? Also very good

Almost the exact same taste, no lie
#2427 Posted: 03:51:58 06/04/2020
Fireball tastes good

Almost the exact same taste, no lie

Interesting...
#2428 Posted: 22:10:20 07/04/2020
Pigeons and doves are literally the same.
We love doves. We hate pigeons.
?????????
me no comprehendo
---
I draw stuff.
huge dotd freak Emerald Sparx Gems: 3354
#2429 Posted: 22:01:11 08/04/2020
Quote: FedUpWolf
  • Pigeons aren't that bad and they don't deserve the hate they get.
  • It's sad that pigeons will starve to death because there are no humans to drop food for them anymore.

All I know is, the pigeons in ATL are demented. Its an actual thing people know about living here, if you're walking downtown and see a pigeon, avoid and dont look at it
---
Do you not like my mouth words?
fyra Platinum Sparx Gems: 6412
#2430 Posted: 22:45:32 08/04/2020
2020 do not exist, it got Thanos snapped
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
#2431 Posted: 00:33:47 09/04/2020
I don't like it when pets have cutesy names.

Pets should have either real people names, or historical/epic/inspirational/badass names.

My chihuahua will be called Umbrus the Soulslayer, and he will be a merciless lord of death who just happens to like sitting in laps.
#2432 Posted: 02:49:43 09/04/2020

Pets should have either real people names, or historical/epic/inspirational/badass names.

My chihuahua will be called Umbrus the Soulslayer, and he will be a merciless lord of death who just happens to like sitting in laps.

I'm calling my future cats and dogs Robert, Stephanie, Andrew and Coathanger.
---
I draw stuff.
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#2433 Posted: 08:41:52 09/04/2020

Is Sergeant Tubster Extreme McBadass, who was voted most satisfying sound of 2020 by the people, a good name?
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
#2434 Posted: 19:18:23 09/04/2020

I historically name my pets after candy but me and my gf agreed our next dog will be Marshmallow, Deathbringer the Unrelenting. You're welcome, Metallo.
#2435 Posted: 01:26:37 10/04/2020
Quote: kardonis

Is Sergeant Tubster Extreme McBadass, who was voted most satisfying sound of 2020 by the people, a good name?

It's okay but I prefer Dr. Curtis Kaufman
#2436 Posted: 00:56:01 16/04/2020 | Topic Creator
I just don't get the idea of people thinking million/billionaires having to donate money or they're selfish. Wouldn't wanting their money make you just as selfish?

Also the common misconception of people thinking they have a swimming pools of cash is quite silly when really it's mostly in assets and investments. Aka they are always worrying about financial securities because wealth and income are different things.

But then again I don't understand basic economics and use my paychecks to buy anime figures
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:56:18 16/04/2020 by somePerson
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#2437 Posted: 19:18:57 16/04/2020
Vigilantism is wrong.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
#2438 Posted: 23:09:16 16/04/2020
I just don't get the idea of people thinking million/billionaires having to donate money or they're selfish. Wouldn't wanting their money make you just as selfish?

There's a difference between wanting money to climb out of poverty and wanting money to expand assets/capital.

Call me cheesy, but I do believe what Uncle Ben said. Wealth is a form of power, and those with power should use it responsibly - not saying they have to literally be philanthropists, but they should use it to benefit someone other than themselves and their interests. And if anyone disagrees, well, history shows us pretty clearly what happens when the poor starve and the rich don't share...

Quote: parisruelz12
Vigilantism is wrong.

I think this might be a more popular opinion than you think. The reason we love vigilantes in fiction is because it's not real and we don't have to worry about the consequences.

Most people who support vigilantism are keyboard warriors anyway.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:09:33 16/04/2020 by Metallo
#2439 Posted: 05:04:17 17/04/2020
Quote: parisruelz12
Vigilantism is wrong.

In the day to day, I agree with you, but sometimes the people in power who control a lot of the system exploit that so their wrongs go unnoticed. Historically, there's quite a lot of horrible stuff that would have gone on without the people taking matters into their own hands.

Am I saying people should start dressing up in tights and stop bank robberies? Of course not. Am I saying that justice doesn't always lie with the people you think it does? Absolutely.
#2440 Posted: 13:23:52 17/04/2020
And people would make good decisions in the midst of peer pressure? Probably not, they'd pick the first schmuck that could take the blame and kill them, solving no issues but getting blood on their hands. Just look at how Twitter and Reddit decide who's the bad guy in stories, most recently Tiger King of all places. Yeah he abused animals, did drugs, is a huge racist, but look at how *quirky* he is I'm sure he's a misunderstood hero and we should be harassing the woman.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 13:25:15 17/04/2020 by Bifrost
#2441 Posted: 19:21:20 17/04/2020
And people would make good decisions in the midst of peer pressure? Probably not, they'd pick the first schmuck that could take the blame and kill them, solving no issues but getting blood on their hands. Just look at how Twitter and Reddit decide who's the bad guy in stories, most recently Tiger King of all places. Yeah he abused animals, did drugs, is a huge racist, but look at how *quirky* he is I'm sure he's a misunderstood hero and we should be harassing the woman.

Hence why I said in the day to day. Where would America be without the American Revolution? Where would France be without the French Revolution? Those are admittedly old examples, but both countries would be far worse for wear without the people there taking power into their own hands.
#2442 Posted: 03:58:20 18/04/2020

Hence why I said in the day to day. Where would America be without the American Revolution? Where would France be without the French Revolution? Those are admittedly old examples, but both countries would be far worse for wear without the people there taking power into their own hands.

I don't think political revolutions are the same thing as vigilantism.

There are a bunch of differences of course but I think the main thing is vigilantism deals with things that occur within a state's jurisdiction, while revolution deals with the state itself
Spyro Fanatic Hunter Gems: 12063
#2443 Posted: 18:36:44 01/05/2020
The World's End is the best film in the Cornetto Trilogy.
TheFlyingSeal Diamond Sparx Gems: 8512
#2444 Posted: 18:37:17 01/05/2020
I might get **** for this, but the iconic phrase, "I walk through the valley of the shadow of death," is actually quite clunky. When it's read out loud it just doesn't sound right. In the phrase's own defense, its origin was from the Bible, which has been translated and re-written multiple times. So of course it sounds kinda weird.

My issue stems from the popular use of the phrase in literature, to songs, to even news articles. Like, I get it, it sounds super cool on paper! But it does NOT read well and it ruins the flow of your own work. If you wanna allude to it that's super cool and dandy, but at least like,,,,re-phrase it so it flows better??
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
#2445 Posted: 19:05:22 01/05/2020 | Topic Creator
Quote: Spyro Fanatic

woah wth
Grizzle Gold Sparx Gems: 2272
#2446 Posted: 20:28:28 01/05/2020
Quote: Spyro Fanatic

woah wth

he's right
#2447 Posted: 02:22:00 02/05/2020
Good beer does exist in America.

Quote: TheFlyingSeal
I might get **** for this, but the iconic phrase, "I walk through the valley of the shadow of death," is actually quite clunky. When it's read out loud it just doesn't sound right. In the phrase's own defense, its origin was from the Bible, which has been translated and re-written multiple times. So of course it sounds kinda weird.

My issue stems from the popular use of the phrase in literature, to songs, to even news articles. Like, I get it, it sounds super cool on paper! But it does NOT read well and it ruins the flow of your own work. If you wanna allude to it that's super cool and dandy, but at least like,,,,re-phrase it so it flows better??

I think it might've sounded better in Hebrew or Greek. Kinda like "I am become death, the destroyer of worlds"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:22:56 02/05/2020 by Metallo
First | Previous | Page 49 of 54 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me