Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 44 of 54 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 42 43 44 45 46 ... 52 53 54
Unpopular Opinions [STICKY]
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#2151 Posted: 02:02:17 15/10/2018
Quote: somePerson
i dont care about gender or race swaps

Race swaps? What?
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#2152 Posted: 21:46:35 25/10/2018
Gamers don't really live in a society.
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#2153 Posted: 00:13:32 26/10/2018
Quote: Metallo

what....
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#2154 Posted: 06:26:22 26/10/2018
Quote: King-Pen Krazy

what....

You heard me.

And I don't think Veronica really prefers Chad.
#2155 Posted: 12:31:50 26/10/2018

what....

You heard me.

And I don't think Veronica really prefers Chad.

what......

No seriously, who the hell are you talking about
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:35:58 26/10/2018 by King-Pen Krazy
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6606
#2156 Posted: 04:22:46 28/10/2018
RWBY is bad lol. It was good until Season 3 where it's taken a nose dive right into the pavement.
---
Gay 4 GARcher
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#2157 Posted: 05:38:42 28/10/2018
Quote: DragonCamo
RWBY is bad lol. It was good until Season 3 where it's taken a nose dive right into the pavement.

while i disagree with you on the rwby part, i have similar feelings about SU.

i consider it a train wreck that you can't your eyes off. only reason im still watching is for peridot to get her star and for lapis to be ***** slapped
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 05:39:16 28/10/2018 by parisruelz12
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#2158 Posted: 06:32:01 28/10/2018
Quote: parisruelz12

while i disagree with you on the rwby part, i have similar feelings about SU.

i consider it a train wreck that you can't your eyes off. only reason im still watching is for peridot to get her star and for lapis to be ***** slapped

I disagree with RWBY and SU but you know what else took a nosedive? Voltron, which went from okay to unwatchable imo
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#2159 Posted: 14:47:48 28/10/2018

Dunno I was already really not feeling it by Season 2. I almost thought about starting again when people said 3 gets really intense but then 4's shenanigans started and I'm glad I didn't waste my time.

Miles Luna isn't a bad writer, but the "we just think of cool stuff and put it on the show" does NOT work for a season format. It works for a webcomic or web animation that doesn't have a schedule and a plot to wrap up by the end, but nooo, gotta use the dog as a weapon and show off the coffee bazooka instead of putting any effort in development.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#2160 Posted: 16:15:16 28/10/2018
I still think SMG4 is enjoyable
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
exefile Yellow Sparx Gems: 1783
#2161 Posted: 08:11:48 30/10/2018
I still think SMG4 is enjoyable

The video ideas are getting more creative and I like that the humor is starting to go from stupid (I mean the funny stupid) jokes and interactions to throwing characters into more specific situations (being late, the purge etc.)

The only problem I have is that any of the main characters introduced in 2017 or 2018 aren't really funny, Meggy has nothing funny about her and I'm not sure why she was used so much (though she's not been in any videos recently).

Tari isn't funny either, I get why they're using her more as she's an original character and they also hired a voice actress for her, but her character is boring and she just seems forced into every video she's in.

Saiko is my least favorite SMG4 character of all time, her personality and humor clashes with the rest of the characters and isn't interesting, her voice clips are annoying and her model just bothers me in general, it just looks like an unfinished character design.

I even think Boopkins is overused, he was funny the first couple of times he was used, but now his voice is annoying and his jokes are repetitive.

Aside from also wanting older characters to fully return (mainly SMG3 and the characters from Guards and Retards) I still think the videos can be funny at some points, just not as much as they were in 2015 and 2016.
---
eeeeeeeeeeeee
#2162 Posted: 03:38:51 03/11/2018
Trapt is fairly decent
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#2163 Posted: 23:48:49 05/11/2018 | Topic Creator
Tipping is stupid and unnecessary
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#2164 Posted: 00:04:19 06/11/2018

Literally how?
#2165 Posted: 01:23:58 06/11/2018
Quote: Vespi

Literally how?

I would post the adam ruins everything video, but last time I posted a video to prove my point I started a chat war
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#2166 Posted: 02:02:04 06/11/2018
Pete Davidson isn't funny.

Actually, this might be a popular opinion.
#2167 Posted: 08:06:31 06/11/2018

waitresses/waiters aren't allowed to make minimum wage b/c of how much they make in tips. this why the "standard" is 15% of the bill. if tipping is as unnecessary and stupid as you say, then i guess waitress/waiters livelihood is too?
---
#2168 Posted: 12:56:03 06/11/2018

I'm just gonna leave this here and let you guys discuss it
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#2169 Posted: 23:53:30 06/11/2018

If America was like every other civilized country in the ****ing world and actually paid a livable minimum wage, we wouldn't need to do it.

Unfortunately, it isn't, it doesn't, and so we do.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:53:42 06/11/2018 by Metallo
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#2170 Posted: 23:50:22 07/11/2018
I haven't liked all of their movies either, but I don't get why there is such a huge hate bandwagon for Illumination Entertainment. They're not perfect but they're far from the worst and far from being as bad as people make them out to be.

Also Despicable Me 1 and 2 are two of the best animated movies this decade, if not period.
---
Cool cool.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#2171 Posted: 23:54:33 07/11/2018
Quote: pankakesparx456
I haven't liked all of their movies either, but I don't get why there is such a huge hate bandwagon for Illumination Entertainment. They're not perfect but they're far from the worst and far from being as bad as people make them out to be.

Also Despicable Me 1 and 2 are two of the best animated movies this decade, if not period.

I can agree to DM 1 & 2, but I can understand, and even agree why people dislike Illumination. I have a very love/dislike opinion of them personally.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#2172 Posted: 22:05:48 09/11/2018

Not a fan of the studio but haven't seen all of their movies to have a full opinion.

However, I do really like the first Despicable Me. I find the second one good, not amazing but entertaining enough.
---
Bruh
#2173 Posted: 15:36:47 10/11/2018

I find they're a very "hit or miss" company.

Really worried about what they plan to do with Shrek, to be honest.
---
#2174 Posted: 15:59:38 10/11/2018
Quote: Chompy-King257

I find they're a very "hit or miss" company.

Really worried about what they plan to do with Shrek, to be honest.

Just to clarify, Illumination is NOT making a Shrek film, it's still Dreamworks. The article was misinformed. They mean Universal and Chris Meledandri are making the movie with DW.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:00:31 10/11/2018 by HeyitsHotDog
Iceclaw Hunter Gems: 9954
#2175 Posted: 21:07:10 10/11/2018
Quote: FedUpWolf
I don't think bullying can cause PTSD. Bullying causes a lot of distress, but it's unhelpful to bullying victims to not correctly identify what the issue is, as then they won't get the correct help. Bullying has long-term effects, but I think more positively that the effects can be recovered from more than generally people believe. While bullying causes pain, I think it affects people differently than those who think it causes PTSD imagine.

I don't think you know what PTSD actually entails if you don't think bullying can cause it.
And before you ask yes I have PTSD, though mine is caused by something else.
---
Twinkies and 2hus
#2176 Posted: 21:17:04 10/11/2018
Bullying isn't one cut and dry thing that happens. It can be just name calling or being excluded from events, or actually being physically and mentally abused repeatedly and not having your cries for help taken seriously. It's really short sighted to say one thing can or can't lead to the other, it's not a single type of trauma.
---
#2177 Posted: 03:05:41 11/11/2018
I don't think bullying can cause PTSD.

And you're qualified to make this assessment because...?
#2178 Posted: 07:15:53 11/11/2018
I don't think bullying can cause PTSD. Bullying causes a lot of distress, but it's unhelpful to bullying victims to not correctly identify what the issue is, as then they won't get the correct help. Bullying has long-term effects, but I think more positively that the effects can be recovered from more than generally people believe. While bullying causes pain, I think it affects people differently than those who think it causes PTSD imagine.

okay kiddo, pull up a seat, this'll take a while.

so middle school was almost ten years ago for me, and im still dealing with a lot of the things that were said. i've told these stories on multiple occasions on this websites over the course of my time on here. i want to apologize for this, if it gets repetitive of if you've seen me post about it before. basically, for every year that i was middle school, something major that pretty much affected the course of my life forever. in the 6th grade i had a "friend' that i was "friends" with since kindergarten hide from me for half the day, then she finally told me "why don't you get that i don't want to be friends with you?" and this really hurt me. so much so that to this day i am very scared of losing friends. so much so, that the mere thought of losing someone im close with brings me to tears. as i write this, im crying.

in the 8th grade, i was sexually harassed, granted it was only verbal and not as bad as other people have had. it still affected me to the point where i did not feel comfortable being in a class with any of those 3 boys. my history teacher at the time didn't like me very much. i don't think any of my teachers did. at one point, i was presenting a project that i was super proud of. it was about juvenile incarceration, i think. about how juvieniles are sometimes tried as adults based on their crimes. anyways, my notecards got mixed up and i started stammering and getting nervous and my teacher huffed and told me to go sit down. i went to my seat, crying. i was made fun of because i was crying and the teacher didn't give a damn. to this day, i dread presenting things. i shaking and by the time its my turn, im about to start crying because im panicking so bad. the final thing, was that i was used by my first boyfriend. he wanted another girl, who at the time was in a relationship this made me feel disposable, and despite being in a long term relationship now (going on five years) i still feel that it could end at any time because he found someone better. i understand that this is very unrealistic and illogical. Gage loves me, he loves me more than anyone else. but this doesn't stop me from feeling insecure and anxious. and this gets in the way of our relationship sometimes. gage understands me, though. he knows what i've gone through and why i feel like this, and he has done so much to help me get better. i love him.

7th grade was probably one of the worst years of my life, which is why i saved it for last. i was told, twice in the same day, that nobody liked me. i struggle with this daily, i cannot accept that people like me and that they want to be friends with me. the other day, i was up in a quiet spot of my college's cafeteria and a girl from one of my classes saw and said hello. she pulled up a chair and we nice chat about school, about weird people we saw on the buses and about our pets. it was very pleasant, but the whole time i thought it was weird. why would a stranger want to come and talk to me? why would anyone in their right mind want to talk to me? nobody likes me. the following day, someone from her friend group, a guy this time, talked to me about my breakfast, which was cream cheese and chocolate chip muffin. they both say to me sometimes, the girl smiles at me in class. similarly, i have been in a skype group for a few years now, and i have hard time accepting that these people do want me there- that they like me and that their my friends. its been two years since ive joined, i think. and i still have feelings like this.

middle school made me suicidal and i, in all honesty, i still feel suicidal. "im disposable and no one likes me, so i may as well just do it" and ive never acted on these thoughts, gotten close to, but never acted. i don't think i could do that to my mom, after she fought so hard to keep me alive when i was born. (different long story). regardless- i still feel this way, even though it was almost ten years ago. i am 20 year old woman who has struggled with this since i was 11. i get severe anxiety, i have nightmares about it, sometimes i can't stop thinking about these things even they were years and years ago. if this isn't ptsd i dont know what is. i haven't gotten help for it- ive been far too busy. but i think im getting better. i haven't had a nightmare in a year or, so that's progress, i think?

i hope this long, drawn out post makes you rethink your thoughts on ptsd and bullying
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:17:58 11/11/2018 by parisruelz12
#2179 Posted: 13:31:58 11/11/2018
Couldn't have said it better, Paris.

As an addition, even less horrible experiences can snowball into problems. I got ostracized at for speaking in class at all - if I raised my hand to answer/ask a question, everyone would groan at me. Think of that happening for five or more years, coupled by being told by very clueless adults that said it must be my fault if it only happened to me. Hooray, now I get anxious from the simple act of sending an email for work reasons, because my brain has defaulted to "no one wants to hear what you want to say even if you think it's useful". Thank god for therapy which has helped me actually want to speak up again but what about people who can't afford it or get someone who isn't very good at it? Or worse, when they have a long time until 18 and their guardians don't want to help; that's an easy ticket to let destructive thought processes only become stronger and stronger.

I've had worse experiences, it's just the only one I'm willing to share in detail. Never to the point of sexual harassment though, they at least had the two brain cells to not touch the person that had almost stabbed another student with a pencil out of panic.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:32:52 11/11/2018 by Bifrost
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#2180 Posted: 19:18:18 11/11/2018 | Topic Creator

If America was like every other civilized country in the ****ing world and actually paid a livable minimum wage, we wouldn't need to do it.

i forgot i posted this lol but yeah this is my reason why
#2181 Posted: 23:25:25 11/11/2018

i forgot i posted this lol but yeah this is my reason why

You should've included that, honestly. I think the replies to your post make that pretty clear.
#2182 Posted: 16:35:57 15/11/2018
im getting kind of tired of disney's live action remakes.
---
#2183 Posted: 19:21:38 16/11/2018
Detective Pikachu ain't going to be all that.

But it'll still be leagues above the Sonic movie.
#2184 Posted: 22:14:12 26/11/2018
Nebula shouldn't be the one to kill Thanos.
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3859
#2185 Posted: 23:04:12 26/11/2018
Furries should be treated kindly and with respect.

I'm serious about this btw. I don't understand why they're made fun of so much.
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
#2186 Posted: 23:06:46 26/11/2018
Quote: ThunderEgg
Furries should be treated kindly and with respect.

I'm serious about this btw. I don't understand why they're made fun of so much.

Because of Different Thing I Don't Like. It's also really easy to put them into stereotypes based on more extreme parts of the community... CSI also didn't help with that one episode that said all furries are fur fetishists and wasn't even the slightest bit subtle about how they wanted the community to be seen with disgust.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:07:16 26/11/2018 by Bifrost
#2187 Posted: 23:09:57 26/11/2018
Yup.

Still, I would think people are smart enough to actually RESEARCH a community before making fun of it so much.

Human society has a loooong way to go, my friends.
---
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#2188 Posted: 02:44:41 27/11/2018
I'm glad Bethesda might be getting sued for the dumpster fire that is Fallout 76
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
#2189 Posted: 03:52:31 27/11/2018
Quote: kardonis
I'm glad Bethesda might be getting sued for the dumpster fire that is Fallout 76

I mean yeah, Fallout 76 is pretty buggy alright and definitely needs urgent improvement, but I've been low-key enjoying it. I've posted my full thoughts here, if you're interested - https://www.reddit.com/r/Fallo...g_while_and_im/
---
#2190 Posted: 18:48:30 27/11/2018
Quote: kardonis

I mean yeah, Fallout 76 is pretty buggy alright and definitely needs urgent improvement, but I've been low-key enjoying it. I've posted my full thoughts here, if you're interested - https://www.reddit.com/r/Fallo...g_while_and_im/

(insert sassy, but loving comment here)
As buggy as RT?
---
#2191 Posted: 18:58:28 27/11/2018
As much as it's a horrible disease, the whole "**** Cancer" phrase I find pretty tasteless and juvenile.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:02:31 27/11/2018 by HeyitsHotDog
#2192 Posted: 19:23:42 27/11/2018
It got turned into that. In the end of the day, it's something that encompasses thousands of diseases that can crop up at random most of the time, have to be treated for each individual case(or cases where they're similar) and the more it happens the worse it gets even if you treat it fully. There's really no words to refer to it other than "**** cancer" without getting depressing, but DO say something else with it instead of just parroting the expression.
---
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7089
#2193 Posted: 20:21:29 27/11/2018
As someone currently trying to break into the YouTube-sphere, I dislike the stigma against the act of trying to promote your content a little. Some subreddits have rules actively discouraging posting your own videos or even disable YouTube links entirely. It's incredibly disheartening and makes it much harder to get off the ground. This is especially true now that YouTube recently changed their requirements for enabling monetisation on your channel - you have to have at least 1,000 subscribers, and you have to have had 4,000 hours of watch time on your videos within the last 28 days. So of course, smaller YouTube channels need to make a push and share their content in the communities where it's relevant to at least get to that stage, but then those communities have a stigma against it before you even get there.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#2194 Posted: 20:57:56 04/12/2018
I find creepypastas/stories about ghosts or the like extremely boring and overused.
---
#2195 Posted: 04:10:09 05/12/2018
I find creepypastas/stories about ghosts or the like extremely boring and overused.

I don't find creepy pastas and ghost stories interesting either.

I mean, I definitely don't mind listening to a good narration on YouTube, but I find it so hard to be interested when it's the same, boring old trope as "oh no I moved into a house and it's haunted aaaaaaaahhhhhhh"
---
First | Previous | Page 44 of 54 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 42 43 44 45 46 ... 52 53 54

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me