Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 40 of 54 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 38 39 40 41 42 ... 52 53 54
Unpopular Opinions [STICKY]
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#1951 Posted: 03:34:47 26/04/2018
Adobe Creative Cloud is necessary for my studies and for my professional field so it's worth it to me
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#1952 Posted: 01:30:37 29/04/2018 | Topic Creator
I still think being trans is a trend with kids struggling with identity
#1953 Posted: 01:56:10 29/04/2018
Quote: somePerson

So what?
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#1954 Posted: 02:53:11 29/04/2018

This tbh.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
#1955 Posted: 03:20:17 29/04/2018
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Okay, but not all people who identify as transgender are part of a "trend". The concept of gender dysphoria/transgenderism is much older than modern day. :/
It's just becoming more socially acceptable these days, so of course a lot more people will be coming out.

It's literally the same thing as being homosexual/bisexual. Yes, there will be some people who identify that way to feel "special", or because they still don't understand themselves very well, but there's plenty of people that are legitimately transgender.
To generalize and group them all together like that just because of the select few "snowflakes" who do do it to become a part of the "trend", is kind of ridiculous and narrow minded. :/

At that point it isn't simply just an "unpopular opinion", it's outright wrong. Please do some actual research before making a generalization of that magnitude because that will get you into trouble later. :/

If that's not what you meant, SP, then I apologize. Your wording is god awful if that is the case, however.

I fully agree that there are people out there who are legitimately trans/gay/bi because that's who they are, and that's great, good for them. But I'm also agreeing with SP that there are people who do just do it to be special.
---
#1956 Posted: 03:43:09 29/04/2018
Even if there are people who do it to be special, who cares? if it's a phase, they'll grow out of it. That's no reason to bring it up as an "unpopular opinion."

Also, what Sess said; where's the proof? How can you "agree" that there are people doing this, yet provide no evidence? Unless you have a Ph.D. and a few peer-reviewed studies under your belt, I really don't think you're qualified to "agree" on the psychological conditions of a vast number of people. While "do some damn research" might be invalid since the demographic info would be very new, I agree with the sentiment.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 03:46:20 29/04/2018 by Metallo
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12083
#1957 Posted: 04:05:00 29/04/2018
treating transness as a phase like being goth devalues it's classification as a medical/mental condition and can have permanent consequences if a young person takes the next step and gains access to hormones and medical procedures for transition
#1958 Posted: 04:07:36 29/04/2018
Quote: Carmelita Fox
treating transness as a phase like being goth devalues it's classification as a medical/mental condition and can have permanent consequences if a young person takes the next step and gains access to hormones and medical procedures for transition

Well yes, but that's the kind of judgment that should be kept between the person, the doctor, and if necessary, the psychiatrist. It shouldn't be some kind of social judgment on the trans population as a whole.
#1959 Posted: 19:40:48 29/04/2018
People need to stop treating white extremism and black extremism as the same thing. "Oh, they're both racist and therefore both equally bad." No.

Black extremism is a response to centuries of oppression.
White extremism is a defense of centuries of oppression.

One of those is clearly worse than the other. Don't even try to argue.
#1960 Posted: 23:17:30 29/04/2018
Quote: Sesshomaru75
That I can agree with, but I hope that you aren't trying to defend black extremism nonetheless.

Depends on your definition of defend, I guess.

Do I think it's right? No.
Do I think its existence is necessary? On an ideological level, yes.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:17:46 29/04/2018 by Metallo
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#1961 Posted: 08:12:29 01/05/2018
Not sure if this is an unpopular opinion but it annoys me when people dislike Marvel now being owned by Disney and don't like the humor they have been using in the films, or prefer the TV shows only because 'they're dark and have less restraints'. For one it annoys me how people seem to think that extreme violence, gore, swearing, etc is needed or is regarded as 'better' than a form of media that doesn't have that in it. I love the films and really enjoy watching them and the magical experience I get from watching them, which I do not get at all from the Netflix TV series. But I guess considering the amount of people who watched Infinity War and still enjoy the films, this probably isn't an unpopular opinion.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 11:01:04 01/05/2018 by DarkCynder_543
Samius Hunter Gems: 9224
#1962 Posted: 09:06:47 01/05/2018
Quote: Metallo
People need to stop treating white extremism and black extremism as the same thing. "Oh, they're both racist and therefore both equally bad." No.

Let's see all your peer-reviewed studies then. Unless you're willing to admit that you're not really qualified to say anything about the social motives of two very large communities (neither of which you belong to, I would assume).
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7089
#1963 Posted: 12:36:27 01/05/2018
Extremism is extremism no matter how you slice it and is equally bad no matter what the subject matter.

It literally entails someone ignoring the full truth to recklessly pursue and enforce their own ideals and beliefs. That is never worth defense, nor is it a "necessary evil". Its wrong on both an objective level (the "ignoring the full truth" part), and on a moral level (enforcing a cycle of hate).
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#1964 Posted: 17:10:45 01/05/2018
Quote: Samius

Let's see all your peer-reviewed studies then. Unless you're willing to admit that you're not really qualified to say anything about the social motives of two very large communities (neither of which you belong to, I would assume).

This is the personal position I take based on the professed motives of each group. They're not exactly discreet about it. I'd argue that the fact that I belong to neither gives me a better chance to evaluate them both. On the flipside, it leaves me at a disadvantage because I pretty much have to take their word for it.

EDIT: If you're implying that I'm being hypocritical for what I said a few posts ago, then I can see where you're coming from but consider that what I'm attempting to evaluate is much easier and more straightforward than what somePerson was. Extremist groups are usually very clear about their motives and intentions (and historically, always have been), whereas the psychology of transgender people is a subject usually kept away from public discussion, and therefore requires much closer attention and study to make the kind of judgment that he was making.

Doesn't necessarily make either one of us right or wrong, but I think I have more to go off of than he does.

Quote: sonicbrawler182
Extremism is extremism no matter how you slice it and is equally bad no matter what the subject matter.

It literally entails someone ignoring the full truth to recklessly pursue and enforce their own ideals and beliefs. That is never worth defense, nor is it a "necessary evil". Its wrong on both an objective level (the "ignoring the full truth" part), and on a moral level (enforcing a cycle of hate).

I think we have two different definitions of the "full truth."

If you mean the full truth as in a "both sides of a conflict are always partially right and partially wrong" kinda way, then yes, I see what you mean.

But I think it's the manifestation of social conscience based on historical context. In my opinion, reactionary (black) extremism is just a small part of the full truth, as is dominant (white) extremism (those aren't actual terms btw). White extremism has ruled for centuries, and now we're seeing the product of it. Violence and hate are never excusable, but sometimes the motives are understandable. In this sense, white extremism has no need to establish itself because the sentiment behind it has the been the norm for so long. It's always been part of the equation. And historically speaking, it's been responsible for far more bloodshed. Black extremism doesn't even compare.

I never said that it needs to be successful. I just think it does no good to classify it in the same vein as its opposite because their premises and their results are completely different. Going off of theoretical assumptions and textbook definitions alone ignores so much context that it's a disservice.

Honesty, if we were to continue this, I think it would boil down to context matters vs. context doesn't matter. But I will say that moderate opinions like yours are also necessary to keep extremism from getting out of hand.

Quote: DarkCynder_543
Not sure if this is an unpopular opinion but it annoys me when people dislike Marvel now being owned by Disney and don't like the humor they have been using in the films, or prefer the TV shows only because 'they're dark and have less restraints'. For one it annoys me how people seem to think that extreme violence, gore, swearing, etc is needed or is regarded as 'better' than a form of media that doesn't have that in it. I love the films and really enjoy watching them and the magical experience I get from watching them, which I do not get at all from the Netflix TV series. But I guess considering the amount of people who watched Infinity War and still enjoy the films, this probably isn't an unpopular opinion.

Even before Disney, Marvel movies were always about comic relief as opposed to DC's dark tone (the comics aren't quite as bad). It's usually the main reason people who prefer Marvel do so.

I personally think comic relief is much more realistic than doom and gloom in superhero movies. People make jokes about bad situations all the time in real life.
Edited 8 times - Last edited at 23:56:58 01/05/2018 by Metallo
#1965 Posted: 21:21:29 02/05/2018
asian extremism is the only justified extremism
#1966 Posted: 00:32:00 03/05/2018

Apparently 1 in 200 men can trace their lineage directly to Genghis Khan. The Mongolian exchange student in 10th grade told me that 10% of all Mongolians can as well.

I knew the man got around, but I'm not 100% sure if I believe that.
#1967 Posted: 03:51:19 03/05/2018 | Topic Creator
the boss baby wasnt a bad movie. people just hate it because it has a dumb name
C1nder Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10045
#1968 Posted: 07:07:17 03/05/2018
I really don't like Mario Kart. It controls badly and it's the only racing game I've ever had trouble with.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#1969 Posted: 10:55:16 03/05/2018
the boss baby wasnt a bad movie. people just hate it because it has a dumb name

Exactly my thoughts.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7660
#1970 Posted: 17:13:11 03/05/2018
Quote: C1nder
I really don't like Mario Kart. It controls badly and it's the only racing game I've ever had trouble with.

u just mad u slipped on a banana
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
#1971 Posted: 22:07:39 03/05/2018

Apparently 1 in 200 men can trace their lineage directly to Genghis Khan. The Mongolian exchange student in 10th grade told me that 10% of all Mongolians can as well.

I knew the man got around, but I'm not 100% sure if I believe that.

IT'S IN THEIR BLOOD TO FIGHT AND CONQUER
C1nder Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10045
#1972 Posted: 01:30:18 04/05/2018
Quote: Jaggedstar

u right
DirtPrincess Green Sparx Gems: 276
#1973 Posted: 20:27:26 06/05/2018
Starbucks coffee tastes really bad, and one of the best chain coffees is Mcdonalds plain black coffee.
---
Change my mind - Taylor Swift
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#1974 Posted: 06:32:07 07/05/2018
ive never had starbucks because there is no starbucks in my state, but i don't get the hype for it actually.

Quote: Jaggedstar

mario kart is tru rage when you get hit right before the finish line and u were coming first

@metallo: I got to agree that I honestly prefer comic over complete doom and gloom, which is why I'm actually starting to prefer Marvel over DC despite how much I love the Gotham universe. But Spider-man is my favourite super-hero so marvel has that lol. I also feel that its honestly for the better if super hero movies were more family orientated because kids love them just as much and look up to them.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 06:39:43 07/05/2018 by DarkCynder_543
#1975 Posted: 15:46:24 07/05/2018
Kpop is one of the worst genres of music in existence (tied with drone metal)

Quote: DarkCynder_543
@metallo: I got to agree that I honestly prefer comic over complete doom and gloom, which is why I'm actually starting to prefer Marvel over DC despite how much I love the Gotham universe. But Spider-man is my favourite super-hero so marvel has that lol. I also feel that its honestly for the better if super hero movies were more family orientated because kids love them just as much and look up to them.

Eh, depends on what you mean by that. The MCU films in particular have a good bit of language and graphic violence and it's become a staple of the franchise. I think that a lot of the impact of the films would be lost if they were to tone that down.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:16:14 08/05/2018 by Metallo
#1976 Posted: 14:04:08 08/05/2018
Kpop is one of the worst genres of music in existence

this isn't an opinion
it's fact
---
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#1977 Posted: 14:37:59 08/05/2018
I really like Nightcore songs

But, what's with the...

images?
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#1978 Posted: 04:51:46 09/05/2018
The Office and The Big Bang Theory are for boring people
#1979 Posted: 12:44:30 09/05/2018
The Office and The Big Bang Theory are for boring people

ok i can agree with the second one but the first one is taking it too far
---
#1980 Posted: 14:43:29 10/05/2018
Let's list a few

*Breathes in*

-I think it was the marketing campaign for Infinity War with how they tricked us was genius

-Super Mario Odyssey is a great game, but a pain to 100%
-Cuphead's a great game, but I feel it needs more content
-I feel like Another should have a second season
And finally

I don't get the "fanbase ruined this or that" excuse
Listen, fanbases don't ruin games, it's not like the game/show decreases in quality because somebody posted a ship online
Jeez

I mean, I don't do that stuff, but are people not allowed to have fun or do what they want?
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
fyra Platinum Sparx Gems: 6412
#1981 Posted: 15:19:56 10/05/2018
Gaming can NEVER be outgrown nor are they a waste of time.Also I found highly hypocritical when movies and shows are celebrated as a medium for all ages and genders when gaming is seen as a passtime or a toy for kids,as much care and passion was put into many of them.
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
#1982 Posted: 18:18:34 10/05/2018 | Topic Creator
The "I could have done better if I tried" is the dumbest thing anyone can say
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#1983 Posted: 18:36:29 10/05/2018

Unless they're in the same field as the thing they're criticizing, like a writer saying they could dk 50 Shades better.

I might've misinterpreted the quote there.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#1984 Posted: 19:01:33 10/05/2018

I mean... I’ve attempted/am attempting to fix sequences that have annoyed writing/visual wise. I’ve never actually gone anywhere with it, but there’s too personal projects of mine that are dedicated to this concept.

I’ll put my money where my mouth is. Granted, right now, I haven’t done anything, but a man can dream, damnit!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:02:26 10/05/2018 by TheToyNerd
#1985 Posted: 01:04:19 13/05/2018
I preferred Monsters University over Monsters Inc.

I wasn't really bothered about the MCU at first, but Infinity War got me interested.
---
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#1986 Posted: 04:52:31 14/05/2018
... I don't really get why people like YouTube (more so what it seems to have become in recent years), or like to watch people play games online.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
#1987 Posted: 05:07:56 14/05/2018 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bolt
... I don't really get why people like YouTube (more so what it seems to have become in recent years), or like to watch people play games online.

Honestly I use to watch a bunch of let's play when I was younger but now I seem to zone out of the video and just listen to the audio of people talking over it.
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12740
#1988 Posted: 07:32:08 14/05/2018
Honestly I use to watch a bunch of let's play when I was younger but now I seem to zone out of the video and just listen to the audio of people talking over it.

Same. I enjoy watching Versus (JoshJepson vs AttackingTucans) because their lets plays are like listening to a podcast as they always talk about random things that has nothing to do with the game they're playing.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#1989 Posted: 10:57:44 14/05/2018
Same, but even if it isn't a podcast, sometimes it's like listening to a fun neighbor play with that console they just bought. The LPer can be extremely entertaining while doing shenanigans in a game I'm interested in - though I like it more legit than faked reactions, even if it means the person is horrible at a certain game; what matters is that they're enjoying themselves or enjoying their own suffering through a particularly bad game.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#1990 Posted: 01:37:33 16/05/2018
While I understand the importance of his work, I think the only Stanley Kubrick film I like is The Shining.
#1991 Posted: 00:33:26 21/05/2018
Papa Roach and Theory of a Deadman are actually okay bands. Definitely some hits and misses, but overall okay.

Quote: Vespi
While I understand the importance of his work, I think the only Stanley Kubrick film I like is The Shining.

It's definitely an acquired taste.

That being said, I love me some Full Metal Jacket.
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5357
#1992 Posted: 23:03:01 22/05/2018
Regarding the whole Calarts thing...
Yeah, this just looks like elitism to me. I probably can’t judge any animated thing based on just animation (unless the animation is actually bad)
---
Soon.
#1993 Posted: 23:05:46 22/05/2018
Shhh don't tell anyone

But I actually like the Rabbids
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#1994 Posted: 19:08:38 26/05/2018
Deadpool 2 spoilers

I don't like how they killed the X-force, I feel like they should've at least done something before dying comedically

EX:Bedlam lands, beats the **** out of some dudes, then walks away like a badass and gets hit by a bus
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
First | Previous | Page 40 of 54 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 38 39 40 41 42 ... 52 53 54

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me