Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 41 of 54 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 39 40 41 42 43 ... 52 53 54
Unpopular Opinions [STICKY]
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#2001 Posted: 19:26:38 26/05/2018
I think I just want to say one last thing regarding this cartoon subject, and it's not targeted at anyone at all! Spoilered because I really don't want to make anyone upset, or drag on the subject, but I think I should be allowed to let my thoughts out one last time before I drop it.
For a few years I've been unsatisfied with the style of modern cartoons, and I think I may have been vocal about it in this thread at one point .. I don't know. I'm just a little upset that every new cartoon these days is just overly simple in style. I've heard the excuse that animation is hard so things need to be simple ... but ... how did they make them more complex only a couple of years ago?? You'd think they'd be more complex now because of new animation technology making it easier to create a cartoon? But of course it's all just a trend, isn't it? There's been trends before, like when everything looked like Danny Phantom/Power Puff Girls with the thick, sharp lines ... but I believe there was more diversity at the time, like Ed, Edd and Eddy, Foster's Home, and KND (just off the top of my head). Is there any new mainstream cartoon that doesn't look like Steven Universe? I know it's targeted at kids, but family media fails when the creators direct it solely at kids. If you want your story/show to be remembered then you need to make it appealing for the whole family. That brings me to another point. I don't like how all the new shows are humour based? I mean, I don't mind it at all, but I haven't seen a real serious cartoon in a long while. Some do have deeper storylines in the background, but most episodes don't tend to focus on them and are instead funny slice of life or something similar.
And I know that most cartoons are all aimed towards children so my opinion probably doesn't hold much merit ... but perhaps if they had good cartoons aimed towards older people then I wouldn't be complaining? All the adult cartoons are like, you know ... that ... and while I know that many people like those kind of shows, I just feel like we're lacking some good story driven mature cartoons? I mean, Samurai Jack was good, but is there anything else like that planned? Did it even go well? Is there even a market for what I'd like to see?
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#2002 Posted: 07:07:34 31/05/2018
To me, The Flash will always be Barry Allen. Wally West will never be the Flash to me, and if he wins this whole “Flash War” comic and is the one who keeps his powers, I’ll be pissed. The 90s were a terrible time for comics, and making Wally the main Flash is a horrible decision.
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12132
#2003 Posted: 15:43:34 01/06/2018
tired of the meme that school shooters/spree killers are just hapless victims of n-n-NORMIES!!1 everybody gets ****in' bullied, but most of us aren't going to shoot up third graders because of it. school shooters are entitled, narcissistic sociopaths who hate humanity.
#2004 Posted: 18:22:01 01/06/2018
Quote: Carmelita Fox
tired of the meme that school shooters/spree killers are just hapless victims of n-n-NORMIES!!1 everybody gets ****in' bullied, but most of us aren't going to shoot up third graders because of it. school shooters are entitled, narcissistic sociopaths who hate humanity.

This is an unpopular opinion??
If so, I'm utterly shocked.
---
I draw stuff.
azz01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#2005 Posted: 23:16:57 01/06/2018
Quote: Bolt

This is an unpopular opinion??
If so, I'm utterly shocked.

Yeah. There is this whole community of people that try to sympathise with shooters and are like 'If I were there, they wouldn't have killed me and I could have helped them', even though we all know they would be killed. It's rather depressing really, but it originates from tumblr so what do you expect.
---
Call me the penguin man for that is who I am. Also stan LOOΠΔ!
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8459
#2006 Posted: 00:04:41 02/06/2018 | Topic Creator

i also hate how whenever theres a shooter everyone just blurts out they have mental illnesses
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#2007 Posted: 05:23:53 02/06/2018
School Shooters are what criminologists call “Assasians”. They’re people who feel they’ve been rejected by society and need to get back at society. They do this via their shootings. They’re narcissist’s who believe that if they can’t be accepted into society, nobody else should be.

Typically, in an assasian personality, we see that they keep journals with elaborate plans on how to destroy those who wronged them.

Mentally Disabled is the right word, just in the way that people say/think. more like...psychopaths. Psychopathy is a disorder that effects the amygdala part of the brain. The amygdaloid deals with emotions. I believe that psychopaths have more or less gray matter than an average human being. I forget. A good read is is The Psychopath Whisperer-Dr. Kent A Kheil and The Anantomy of Motive.-John Douglas and Mark Oshlaker. These books offer good insights on psychopaths and shooters.

((Sorry about the long post, I just love criminal psychology~ <3 )
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#2008 Posted: 22:43:00 03/06/2018
I know people including me are sick of the “CalArt Style” discussion, but this has been on my mind for a while.

Craig of the Creek’s character design is very visually uninteresting. It really looks too much like Steven Universe for my tastes. I like the show fine enough, but that aspect turns me off from watching it a lot.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#2009 Posted: 23:03:36 03/06/2018
Quote: TheToyNerd
I know people including me are sick of the “CalArt Style” discussion, but this has been on my mind for a while.

Craig of the Creek’s character design is very visually uninteresting. It really looks too much like Steven Universe for my tastes. I like the show fine enough, but that aspect turns me off from watching it a lot.

Pretty much how I feel about We Bare Bears. Love the animal designs, but the humans just look so bland and wanna be modern.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#2010 Posted: 23:08:06 03/06/2018
The same could be said for that show too.

Granted, I think that entire show is a bit boring, anyway. I like Craig of the Creek more, so it hurts a bit more how much I dislike its character design. The backgrounds are nice, though.
AestheticDragon Ripto Gems: 1658
#2011 Posted: 15:37:02 12/06/2018
I posted this in personal thoughts but it's probably better suited for this topic. I feel like every game they've shown at E3 looks awful, I'm hoping Nintendo's presentation doesn't disappoint.
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#2012 Posted: 17:37:59 12/06/2018
Quote: AestheticDragon
I posted this in personal thoughts but it's probably better suited for this topic. I feel like every game they've shown at E3 looks awful, I'm hoping Nintendo's presentation doesn't disappoint.

you look me in the eyes and tell me doom eternal is awful
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
#2013 Posted: 03:18:59 13/06/2018

would you like some cheese with that wine

but srsly if you dont like something that doesnt make it bad. rune factory, my favorite rpg series of all time, wasn't even mentioned at e3 this year, but that doesnt make the entire event terrible. :\

in truth, im actually over the moon about DMC5, even if i've never played it. that's because it shows that companies like capcom are actually listening. :V

i cant for the life of me figure out why you have this mentality. :\
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:26:12 13/06/2018 by parisruelz12
#2014 Posted: 03:30:06 13/06/2018
Quote: parisruelz12

would you like some cheese with that wine

but srsly if you dont like something that doesnt make it bad. rune factory, my favorite rpg series of all time, wasn't even mentioned at e3 this year, but that doesnt make the entire event terrible. smilie

in truth, im actually over the moon about DMC5, even if i've never played it. that's because it shows that companies like capcom are actually listening. :V

i cant for the life of me figure out why you have this mentality. smilie

same with smash and dragon ball fighterZ
every fighter ever? a switch port people have been asking for since the beginning? game companies are really starting to listen and its great! this E3 was a great example of it
#2015 Posted: 08:13:12 17/06/2018
new post bc dead
voltron: legendary defender is one of the worst shows of our generation and i dont understand why it’s so praised
C1nder Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10087
#2016 Posted: 08:57:58 17/06/2018
Quote: Vespi
new post bc dead
voltron: legendary defender is one of the worst shows of our generation and i dont understand why it’s so praised

I personally enjoy it a lot but it has such major issues with pacing and character development and having literally no serious consequences when bad stuff happens yet I never see people talk about it?? People either hate it or love it and I never see fans with the ability to both praise and criticize it for some reason.
#2017 Posted: 17:29:39 17/06/2018
Quote: Vespi
new post bc dead

I only ever saw the first episode, and it never really got me hooked. Just felt like another cartoon with a team of guys ... there was the leader, the anti-hero, the fat guy who loves food, the joke, and the smart/techy one. It's like, the same team dynamics in every cartoon?
Oh well. I wouldn't say it's the worst, but I really don't think it's as good as people make it out to be.

Quote: FedUpWolf
I really don't like Game of Thrones. I don't get the hype.

This, 100%. Maybe I'd like it more if there wasn't so much ****ing sex scenes ... but I guess that's just me.
---
I draw stuff.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#2018 Posted: 17:31:30 17/06/2018
Team dynamics is a thing in every cartoon that has, well, a team, and even smaller groups of protagonists have characters that encompass multiple of these. What matters is doing it well, and though it's a bit of a shortcut, subverting those expectations about the characters.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#2019 Posted: 17:42:51 17/06/2018
Of course, but I just feel like these dynamics have been greatly overused.
Maybe they're not, but I know for me it's become very dry and worn out.

There's always a dark and brooding heartthrob, an adorable nerd, a comic relief who treats everything as a joke ... always a fat person whose love of food is a joke ... I think the one thing they didn't throw in is the obligatory strong independent girl teammate.
It's just, all of these characters feel as though they've come out of a mould ... you know?
---
I draw stuff.
#2020 Posted: 19:30:10 17/06/2018
I think it's fair to ask why something is well received if you personally don't like it. Like, if you don't like it then you probably can't understand why someone else would, you know? cx
Just ... don't hold it against people who do. I don't know.

But yeah, it doesn't mean that other people aren't allowed to like it. People are absolutely free to like whatever they want ( well ... to an extent, but that's a whole other can of worms cx ).
I never feel that people on this thread are telling others that they're not allowed to like something they don't though?
---
I draw stuff.
#2021 Posted: 05:39:19 18/06/2018
Quote: Sesshomaru75
I haven't watched the new Voltron myself, so obviously I cannot speak for the quality of the show, but calling it "one of the worst shows of our generation" sounds pretty pretentious, as I highly doubt it is. :/
(I mean no offense by saying this, Vespi, but that's just the way it comes off to me)

i mean its just my opinion
thats why its here
#2022 Posted: 06:01:52 18/06/2018 | Topic Creator
honestly pixar and disney movies are way too overhyped. like i enjoy them but i dont leave a theater going "HOLY **** MY LIFE IS CHANGED AND IM CRYING" that many people on the internet seem to have. it also doesn't help that they started adding scenes that scream "FEEL SAD DAMMIT!!!"

incredibles 2 was good btw
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#2023 Posted: 22:34:24 22/06/2018
The X-Men need to stay out of the MCU and vice versa.

I'm kind of cool with self-diagnosis of mental health issues, under certain circumstances. *runs*

The DSM-V is usually pretty clear, so educated self-diagnosis isn't always a bad thing. People just have to be cautious.
#2024 Posted: 04:10:15 23/06/2018
I don’t like it, personally. Mainly because of the Placebo effect.
---
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#2025 Posted: 11:10:02 23/06/2018
Quote: parisruelz12
I don’t like it, personally. Mainly because of the Placebo effect.

Can you explain what that is please?

I only know about it from that Jontron video

Maybe I can gain knowledge with FLEX TAPE!
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#2026 Posted: 15:14:08 23/06/2018
Basically it's when the brain can convince the body that a fake treatment is the real thing.
---
I draw stuff.
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#2027 Posted: 16:33:08 24/06/2018
As someone who wants to try and do something in the film career(Writer, Director, Actor, etc) something I think is kind of bringing the industry down, is when films try to recapture the magic of the originals, that doesn't make good movies. Movies like the Lost World and The Phantom Menace aren't as good because that's what they tried to do.

What sequels or continuations of films should be trying to do, is take that magic from the original, and make new magic out of it(If that makes sense) It's why The Empire Strikes Back, or Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom are movies that work so well. They took what the original had, and made something new with it.
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#2028 Posted: 18:16:27 25/06/2018
^^^ THIS.
My friends and I talk about this all the time. We believe there is no such thing as "talent", because as you said, no one can just be born good at something. Of course, some people will take to certain hobbies more naturally, but that doesn't mean they're "talented", they're just naturally drawn to it and will therefor take the time to build up those skills. It takes years of practice to be good at something and you can't just suddenly become good at this particular thing overnight. And I hate the term "talent" because it implies that the person cheated of sorts, that they're just good at it and that's it. No hard work necessary, they were just born that way. But this can't be further from the truth! If we call it "skilled" then that brings along the correct implications that these people worked hard to be where they're at today!
But this shouldn't be discouraging to newcomers either, in fact it should be inspiring because it gives them the conformation that literally anyone can be good at something if they put the effort into it! We are not merely separated into "talentless" and "talented".

Sorry if this got a little long, but I hate the word "talent", and I know a lot of my artist friends do as well.
---
I draw stuff.
xXBeavcoonXx Gold Sparx Gems: 2628
#2029 Posted: 18:46:02 25/06/2018
^ i actually disagree with this to a certain extent. i do believe natural talent is a thing, but i do not feel it is the only factor to determine success, and someone with dedication and effort will ALWAYS trump someone with natural talent.
as many people know i am a musician. i am nowhere near the best in any way compared to the people around me. there are always better players, singers, actors, performers, etc. however far too often i see someone that is riding this natural talent and not working as hard because they don’t think they need to. but i work myself to death trying to reach the top, and i do feel it puts me in a much better position than people that were born more skilled than i was.
---
now its time to get funky
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:26:46 25/06/2018 by xXBeavcoonXx
BlinktheCookie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3556
#2030 Posted: 18:54:37 25/06/2018
A lot of the "unpopular opinions" in this thread are either subtly or overtly bigoted. I'm disappointed in a lot of you who I thought were pretty decent.

I don't have the energy to emotionally invest in bonding with anyone on this site anymore because frankly, I'm tired of cozying up to people and finding out they hold a belief that's morally inexcusable.
Iceclaw Hunter Gems: 9966
#2031 Posted: 19:01:52 25/06/2018
Quote: BlinktheCookie
A lot of the "unpopular opinions" in this thread are either subtly or overtly bigoted. I'm disappointed in a lot of you who I thought were pretty decent.

Can you elaborate a little on that 0:?
---
Twinkies and 2hus
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:05:55 25/06/2018 by Iceclaw
#2032 Posted: 19:13:41 25/06/2018 | Topic Creator
I don't have the energy to emotionally invest in bonding with anyone on this site anymore because frankly, I'm tired of cozying up to people and finding out they hold a belief that's morally inexcusable.

A lot of the "unpopular opinions" in this thread are either subtly or overtly bigoted.
#2033 Posted: 22:42:28 25/06/2018

This. This all the way.
#2034 Posted: 23:28:21 25/06/2018
Basically it's when the brain can convince the body that a fake treatment is the real thing.

It's more like...say you look up ADHD in the DSM. one of the symptoms is....persistent repetition of words and actions. so after you read that you begin to notice that you do that alot, therefore you begin to think that you might have ADHD, thus it clouds your judgement and yeah...thats why i dont personally like self diagnosis. it's better, and safer to get diagnosed from a doctor.
---
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#2035 Posted: 17:41:44 26/06/2018

So 1 opinion is what shatters a friendship for ya? I mean granted I wouldn't hang around a person that promoted some really bad **** regardless on which political end. But if you're saying "I don't understand [political thought] or [casual thought]" and only taking that as the person being a bigot without them explaining why they don't understand, I think there might be more of an issue with you imo.

But then again you didn't elaborate when I typed this.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
#2036 Posted: 22:12:36 26/06/2018
Wanting more POC and LGBT representation in fiction should not be a controversial opinion, and people who complain about "pandering" are the precise reason why it needs to happen.

Frankly, I think "pandering" in this context is usually a euphemism for "I'm uncomfortable seeing people who don't look/act/live like me being portrayed as powerful, heroic, and formidable as the people who do."

EDIT: Also, I think people who become podiatrists and proctologists only do so because they flunked out of real med school.
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 22:41:10 26/06/2018 by Metallo
Iceclaw Hunter Gems: 9966
#2037 Posted: 23:37:15 26/06/2018
I don't believe mentally ill people make false accusations of sexual violence, because there isn't any evidence. There is evidence that they are more likely to be victims of sexual violence, however.

Quite a few studies have been made on this, and it's pretty sad to see that mentally ill people (especially mentally ill children) are more likely to be victims of sexual violence compared to their peers. And of course, other forms of violence.
---
Twinkies and 2hus
#2038 Posted: 19:51:29 29/06/2018
I hate it when artists make Spyro and Flame fight over Cynder, or Ember and Cynder fight over Spyro. And when they make Spyro incredibly possessive over Cynder. Basically every single fan comic on deviantART is like this.
It's 2018 people, can we please drop this?
---
I draw stuff.
#2039 Posted: 19:56:20 29/06/2018
I hate it when artists make Spyro and Flame fight over Cynder, or Ember and Cynder fight over Spyro. And when they make Spyro incredibly possessive over Cynder. Basically every single fan comic on deviantART is like this.
It's 2018 people, can we please drop this?

while i adore her, i kinda think shalone started the trend of cynder and ember fighting over each spyro. i would personally like to see more ember and bandit, its like the only canon shipping and it gets ignored to no end gfmkdgmkfdg
---
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#2040 Posted: 20:07:40 29/06/2018
Shalone started a lot of trends that I can't say I approve of, even if her style consistency and motivation to make tons of comics is amazing. But I think the Cynder and Ember cliche comes from way before her, because of the stupid shipping wars.

Also, it's dA. I'm seriously convinced it creates a time bubble to 2008 in some LoS fans, because they sometimes draw in the same style of the comics from that time and bring back the same tired old settings. Oh no, Ember is secretly bad, oh no, Cynder has angst, oh no, Spyro and Cynder just love each other sooo much they're having children right away; oh no, OC character is Malefor's newest minion.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:10:06 29/06/2018 by Bifrost
First | Previous | Page 41 of 54 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 39 40 41 42 43 ... 52 53 54

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me