Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Fandom > Non-Spyro > The Fire Within (A TLA/LOK Fanfiction) Ending posted
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
The Fire Within (A TLA/LOK Fanfiction) Ending posted [CLOSED]
terrafin2299 Ripto Gems: 3418
#51 Posted: 15:49:16 17/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Hey guys!!!! Thank you so much for page 2!!!!! I know I haven't posted for a while, but now that I've made it past my writers block in Chapter 5, I couldn't stop writing!!! Now I'm working on Chapter 10, and let me tell you, it gets good. I have a lot in store and I can't wait for you guys to see. And I think I'm going to have a contest, I'll think on it and probably post it tonight or tomorrow. Anyway, Chapter 6 will be up tomorrow and it has a HUGE plot point in it. Like, story defining. So, stick around leave your comments, ideas, questions and discussions below

Terrafin, out!!!
#52 Posted: 13:42:47 20/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Contest!!!!

I'm running low on character ideas and I want to put another in a soon chapter. Here are the contest rules:

1. Can be any element bender (or no element at all)
2. You have to give your character a backstory (doesn't have to be depressing like all of my characters)
3. Give them some life, shape them after yourself, or, how you view yourself. (doesn't have to though)
4. You can submit 3 times.

PM the character ideas to me and I'll choose the best. Please try not to send anymore after October 20th (when I will post my choice)

Good luck to you all and,

May the odds be ever in your favor!!!!
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 14:41:32 20/09/2014 by terrafin2299
HotDogAndZap Emerald Sparx Gems: 3531
#53 Posted: 01:05:04 24/09/2014
Nice story. I usually don't read past the first chapter, but you got me interested. Keep it up!~
#54 Posted: 22:20:32 07/10/2014 | Topic Creator
Hey guys!!! I have up to Chapter 11 written and I just need to post them. I'll probably post Chapter 6 in at most a half hour. Also, don't forget about the contest going on right now that ends in about two weeks. I haven't gotten any entries and am really worried that I won't get any at all. And I'm sorry I haven't posted anything. As some of you know, I had surgery a few weeks ago and I just got back to school about a week ago, so I've been loaded down with work. Again, I'll post Chapter 6 in a little bit and don't forget about the contest
#55 Posted: 22:22:25 07/10/2014 | Topic Creator
Chapter 6

I sit there on that cold stone floor for a few minutes, taking it all in.
“Wait, what?” I ask him. I set down my cup of tea and stand up. I run my fingers through my roughed up hair.
“You heard me, you might save the world.” He tells me, him slowly standing up also.
“I need to get to my normal, living on the streets life. Tell me how I can get home.”
“You can’t. The Freedom Police now know what you are and will stop at nothing to kill you. The only way you can survive if you trust the people around you.”
“What am I?”
“You’re the Avatar, Mao. I know it’s far fetched but believe me.”
“Wait, so I go from being a low life kid, barely surviving on the streets, and now I’m the Avatar? I can’t save the world, I can barely even stay alive. I just met my first bender besides myself a couple days ago. I’m not your Avatar, you’re wrong about that.” I start walking away from Tenzin, and start heading towards the exit, out into the cold northern air.
“Mao! Let me prove it to you!”
“I don’t want to hear it!” The air feels stiff and I realize what he’s doing. As I sense the warm blast of air heading towards me, I whip around to block. I know I can’t block with fire, but I don’t feel the heat from the blast. I unclench my eyes and see a large stone wall in front of me. I scramble from behind it and see that Tenzin’s in about as much shock as I am.
“You’re kidding.” He looks at me.
“I didn’t even know.” I reply to him. Once my nerves settle, Irina, Zeke and Escala run into the temple.
“What happened here?” Escala asks us.
“Mao happened.” Tenzin replies to her. They all look at me in horror.
“I guess I’m the Avatar.” I tell them. We walk out into the cold air, discussing what happened, when we hear the sound of a helicopter approaching.

----------
Here it is!!!!
Mao's the Avatar!!!
How did the helicopter know where Mao was?

Find out in Chapter 7!!!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:27:36 07/10/2014 by terrafin2299
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#56 Posted: 23:02:55 07/10/2014
He's... The Avatar?

NO ONE SAW IT COMING!!!
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
L-NightBomb Blue Sparx Gems: 602
#57 Posted: 23:27:27 07/10/2014
But I thought Mao was a metaphor!
---
#Braceface smilie smilie smilie
Sandwitch the new witch made of sand!!!
I am that one person that got two toys launch day of Trap Team.
#58 Posted: 00:14:39 08/10/2014
Quote: L-NightBomb

Maybe he has the power to be BOTH!
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
#59 Posted: 00:53:45 08/10/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: 84skylanderdude

well... there goes my main plot... GREAT GOING 84!!!
#60 Posted: 01:12:02 08/10/2014
Quote: terrafin2299

well... there goes my main plot... GREAT GOING 84!!!

No problem!
---
#61 Posted: 01:25:12 08/10/2014 | Topic Creator
heh...I love you guys ( brotherly not actually)
#62 Posted: 18:16:47 10/10/2014
Quote: terrafin2299
heh...I love you guys ( brotherly not actually)

Good cause Broccoli Guy like what!
---
#63 Posted: 20:46:24 24/10/2014 | Topic Creator
Ok, since I got no contest entries (kind of forgot) I'll keep it running forever until I get some. I know it's been a while, I've been busy and really depressed, so I haven't had encouragement to post any. I have up to Chapter 13 finished so I'll post one today and probably Sunday or Monday, Tuesday at the latest. Hope to hear from some of you soon!!!
#64 Posted: 20:52:02 24/10/2014 | Topic Creator
Chapter 7

We all walk out into the cold air and see a giant helicopter hovering in the air. It has the emblem of the Freedom Police on the side. The hangar door on the side opens up to a machine gun inside. The man holding it steps forward to aim at us. Irina steps forward and starts bending ice to bring down the helicopter.
“You guys want to help?” Irina yells at us from across the ice.
“I can’t really help, princess. Remember, there’s no earth. So I’m out. So is Junior here, it’s too cold for him to bend either fire or earth. And it might be hard for him to bend water yet.” Zeke yells back to her, him by my side. Tenzin and Escala step up with Irina and start bending the air around the helicopter.
“I can’t just sit around.” I murmur under my breath. I run up and past Irina. “Irina, boost me up, I have an idea!” I jump up towards the helicopter and the cold ice braces my feet. When I get slightly above the helicopter, I launch onto the top of the helicopter and I run on top. When I get close to the blades, I lay on my stomach and slide over to the opposite door of the machine gun still shooting at my friends below. I then realize I can’t get into the hangar with chopping my elbows off. I then realize, I’m the Avatar. I slowly turn over onto my back and look at the blades. I can barely get my senses open enough to watch it but I do just enough. They’re metal. I focus on the minerals inside.
“Irina, now! Put up a defense on everyone!” I yell down to her. Still focused on the minerals in the blades, I pull them from the base attached to the helicopter. The helicopter explodes but with my fire bending, I don’t feel it. It plummets to the ground and I jump off just in time. I land on the cold ice and roll onto my feet in time to watch the helicopter plunge into the cold water. I see the pilot slowly crawling on the ice. I walk towards him, and crouch down to him.
“H-help.” He slowly mutters to me.
“You work for Strange?” I ask him.
“Y-yes, he-he said he wouldn’t hurt my family.”
“I’ll make sure of that. But, if you do make it back to him, tell him to leave me alone, because next time, I’ll kill everyone.”
“W-who are you?”
“I’m the Avatar.” I stand up and walk away from him. A little while later, I hear him calling for help in a radio and then, nothing. I look forward and see the ice block with a helicopter blade stuck in it. Good thing I had her block, I think to myself as I start running towards the ice barrier that protected my friend’s life.

---------
Wow!!! So, Strange actually now knows where Mao is. And I'm pretty sure Mao just indirectly murdered someone.
How will this affect Mao?
What happened to his friends?
What will they do now that Strange knows where they are hiding?

Find Out In Chapter 8!!!
#65 Posted: 21:19:02 24/10/2014
In all honesty, I kinda forgot about the contest. ^ ^; But I just had a good idea, so I'll send it to you later. I have to leave right now.
---
#66 Posted: 16:49:45 06/12/2014 | Topic Creator
Hey guys!!! School's been really hard lately, and I figured, I've kept you guys waiting long enough. I have a whole bunch of chapters finished, and I'm going to pop them out like wildfire. I'll be posting one later today, then a couple more this week. I'm working on Chapter 14 right now, and it actually has a new character in it. So excited for you to meet him. I want to hear what's been going on with you guys, and I hope you had a great Thanksgiving
#67 Posted: 17:25:41 06/12/2014
Can't wait.
---
#68 Posted: 16:04:08 04/01/2015 | Topic Creator
I know I can't say sorry enough and I know that probably only two of you even read this anymore. I've had a lot going on over Christmas break, what with work and holidays. I've also been sick recently. I'm still stuck on Chapter 14 and don't know what to do. So, I have a plan. I'm going to give you guys a week. I'll try to post one each night, to get us caught up. Here's where you all, the readers, come in. If I get enough reaction to this, I'll continue. If not, I'll stop and just continue typing it on my computer for my own use. I can take a more dark turn with it. Happy New Years and I hope to hear from some of you... in time.
#69 Posted: 16:06:12 04/01/2015
I'm still here.
---
#70 Posted: 16:12:01 04/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Chapter 8

I make my way around the ice block to see Irina, Tenzin, Escala and Zeke crouching in the snow, Irina, Tenzin and Escala breathing heavy. Zeke sits against the ice shivering. The blade from the downed helicopter is inches above his head. They all have scrapes and cuts on their arms and faces. I walk to them in the middle of a conversation.
“I told you not to lean on the ice, Zeke! If you had listened to me, you would of had a bigger chance of being alive.” Irina tells Zeke.
“Hey, it’s cold as Strange’s heart up here. I at least better relax.” Zeke tells her.
“Guys, he’s alive.” Escala says, looking me in the eye. Irina immediately stands up and hugs me. She falls into my arms and I fall to the ground. I realize she is crying into my singed and frostbitten hoodie.
“What’s wrong?” I ask her, my arms keeping her close to me.
“I thought you were dead. That was insane.” She tells me through her tears.
“Hey, crazy is my middle name. And you better get used to it too.” She punches me in the arm and I yell out in pain.
“Don’t do that again.” She tells me. She pulls away from me and stands up. I slowly come up to a sitting position and take off my hoodie. I then roll the sleeve of shirt on my right arm to the sight of a giant purple bruise.
“Knew I wouldn’t come completely unscathed.” I tell myself. I then grab my hoodie, stand up and tie it around my waist. I won’t need it because of my internal fire. I then slowly make my way over to the others. Escala darts her eyes to the bruise on my arm but doesn’t mention it.
“So, what’s next?” I ask them. Zeke now stands, leaning against the ice block, smoking a cigarette. Tenzin sits on the ground, somehow in meditation. Irina sits against the ice block, bending a small piece of ice in different shapes.
“We’ll start your Avatar training. You need to master Earth first, seeing as how you got more of that element then the other two. You don’t need to train in Fire, since having it your entire life.” Escala informs me.
“And, how long will that take?” I ask her, worriedly. I can’t spend my entire life training.
“About 3 years.” She tells me.
“I can’t do that. I can’t spend 3 years wasting my life.” I tell her.
“Do you think the millions of other Avatars wanted to train? They had no choice, just like you. But they still did. Avatar Aang trained his entire life and he was the greatest Avatar of the Air element. Wouldn’t you want to become the famous Fire Avatar, Mao? Savior of the extinction of the Fire benders everywhere. Heck, all benders! I know you’ve been through a lot, but truth is, we all have. Tenzin watched as the Air temples burned in front of his eyes, and he saved me just before I was beheaded in my grief. I lost my 6 month year old son, he was a Fire bender like you. Irina was born into captivity where she had given up all hope of life. But she fought, she fought her own way out of the same prison you were trapped in. And Zeke, he got the worst, he was trapped for three years in solitary confinement with barely any food. He almost died. Luckily, Irina happened to find him when she was escaping. We all have lost and come back. So, you have to become the Avatar, or all this fighting will be for nothing.” Escala lectures me. Tears stream down her face. Without saying anything, she storms away from me. I look over to Zeke and Irina and they both seem in as much shock as I feel I do.

-----------
Happy New Years!!!

This is the first of what I'm posting this week. I'm going to try and make a huge final chapter, that will wrap it up. I haven't gotten the reaction I wanted from this, and like any show, with little views, it ends. I'll take requests for a new story if you like this, but it just isn't working. If I notice a lot of replies, I'll continue. But that's my decision. I'll tell you guys at the end of the week.

And, 84, I appreciate that you've been here since the beginning, but that's just one person. It's a year of change, and I need to let some things go.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:17:12 04/01/2015 by terrafin2299
#71 Posted: 16:31:28 04/01/2015
I'm glad another chapter is up. I've missed this.

Also, you said '6 month year old son'. It's should just be 6 month old.
---
#72 Posted: 16:33:48 04/01/2015 | Topic Creator
I'm glad another chapter is up. I've missed this.

Also, you said '6 month year old son'. It's should just be 6 month old.

I see that now... I'm not really reading them over, I've pretty much given up. Sorry.
#73 Posted: 16:47:25 04/01/2015
I read!!
---
#74 Posted: 22:33:57 05/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Here comes chapter 9!!!

Zeke walks over to me with the cigarette hanging out of his mouth.
“She’s right, you know. We did go through a lot. She gave us all a home. You can save the world, we just need a little hope.” Zeke tells me.
“I’m running dry on hope these days.” I tell him, rubbing the back of my neck. I go over to my tent, with my hoodie and shirt spread out on a bunk. I have to get my thoughts together. I sit on the cold, icy ground and meditate. Why am I the Avatar? I’m just a street rat. Avatar Korra went through so much pain, watching people die, having someone threaten her life constantly and loosing her connection to the past Avatars. Avatar Aang dealt with the Fire Nation constantly attacking him and never getting peace until the end of his life. I would never be able to deal with that. I’m not strong enough to defeat Strange and his Freedom Police. I could barely even kill my parents killers. How could I save the world? I know how. I’m the Avatar. I just need backup. I dart my eyes open and stand up.
“I’m the Avatar.” I mutter under my breath. I step out of my tent to Zeke and Irina sitting in the snow with Tenzin, meditating. Zeke sits shivering. I make my to Escala’s tent and talk to her.
“Escala?” I ask her.
“What, Mao?” She replies, annoyed.
“When are we leaving? For training, I mean.” I hear her move inside the tent and eventually the fur pelt blocking the entrance is brushed to the side. Her eyes are bloodshot from crying.
“I thought you didn’t want to be the Avatar?” She looks at me quizzically.
“Well, no one else is going to save the world, it might as well be me.”
“Good choice. We’ll leave in a week.”
“Why a week?”
“Give you some time to get in shape and see if you have any other elements already in you. You could also use some sleep, you have huge bags under your eyes.”
“Yeah, that happens when I haven’t slept in a week. If you don’t mind me asking, what was your son like? I heard you mention one when you blew up at me earlier.”
“It’s a touchy subject for me. But, I can tell you if you’d like.”
“If it’s too much for you, you don’t have to.”
“I need to get it off my chest. And, you are the only person here that doesn’t know. Come on in.” She holds open the fur pelt and I step inside to her warm tent.

------
Thank you for all of the responses yesterday!!!
It meant a lot and I just wish I could get more reaction

Still thank you none the less!!!!
#75 Posted: 01:23:19 06/01/2015
Lack of sleep can lead to heart attacks and aneurysms.
---
#76 Posted: 23:33:34 16/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Yo, it has been a long time (long being an understatement), but I'm gonna post the last few chapters, then close it up. Pm me if you want more details on the ending (not posted yet) thanks guys
#77 Posted: 01:33:25 19/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Chapter 10
Escala has a small fire brewing in the corner of her tent. A pot sits on top of it, delicious smells coming from it. Fur pelts cover the floor to keep it warm. I sit of what seems to be a wolf pelt while she sits on a elk skin next to the fire. She pulls a wooden bowl and spoon out from a small knapsack.
“So, what do you want to know?” She asks me while scooping what looks like soup from the pot.
“Anything. I don’t want to push you too hard. And, if I go too far, I’ll stop.” I tell her, leaning back. I figured we’re going to be here for a while.
“I’ll tell you anything.”
“What happened?”
“We had a spy from the Freedom Police hiding in our temple, we didn’t know, and he alerted them when my son started developing his bending. His father was a Fire bender, so he got his Fire powers from him. He was seen as an oddity and was top priority to be eradicated. He reminded me a lot of you. The Freedom Police moved in to kill off my son and, naturally, me and my husband defended him as best as we could. When I almost died, my husband, his name was Wolf, he told me to take our son and run. So, as I’m running out of the house, I see them kill him. They stabbed him in the chest. They eventually caught up to me and killed my son and proceeded to kill me too when Tenzin came and saved me. We fled and found refuge here. I’ve been here since.”
“Wow. What was your son’s name?” I ask her.
“This is the first time I’ve spoken this name in five years. His name was Sterling.”
“Thank you, Escala. I know this was difficult. If you don’t mind me asking, how did you find Irina and Zeke?”
“Irina actually rescued Zeke when she was escaping from the same place Strange had you in. We were alerted of the break out and we came and rescued them. They were close to dying, Irina with several bullets wounds, not fatal of course. And Zeke, he was skin and bones when we found them. We nursed them back to health and gave them a home.”
“I guess I didn’t have it as tough as them.”
“Just be lucky we found you when we did. I have no idea what Strange would do to you. Now, if you don’t have any more questions, you should get some sleep. It’s going to get cold tonight and you’ve had a long day. And, you should wash up.”
“Why? And I’ll be fine in the cold, I do have my bending back.”
“I’m glad it worked, to be honest, that was my first time bringing someone’s bending back. I almost thought I was going to kill you.”
“Why? I only remember a little bit.”
“About ten minutes in, you started having a seizure. I was afraid that you were going to catch yourself on fire.”
“How long was I out? I could’ve sworn it was only five minutes.”
“You were out for an hour. You kept murmuring about dragons and murderers.”
“That’s my backstory. But that’s a story for another day. I’ll see tomorrow, Escala. And, thanks, you know, for saving me. No one’s ever done that for me before.”
“The metal dragon does have a heart.” I chuckle as I step out into the freezing tundra. My eyes tear up as the cold air hits my face. I pull the hood up on my head and I make my way to my own tent. The Metal Dragon. That was my dad’s nickname. He was a professional fighter until he was caught using fire during his fights. He retired and we hid for months on end until the Freedom Police found us and killed my parents. I wonder how Escala knew about him. I pull the fur pelt away from the opening of my tent and I climb into the warm insides. I lay under the elk skin on a cot and nod off to warm, fire induced sleep.
#78 Posted: 01:34:22 19/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Chapter 11
I wake up to sunshine breaking through my closed eyelids. I open my eyes and see a bowl with steaming soup and a tea sitting on the floor near my cot. I also notice a duffel bag next to wear I lay. I slowly pull myself out of the warm cot and sit down to eat. A note sits underneath the bowl of soup. I open it to a note from Escala. Enjoy this, because we start training at one. I lean over to the duffel bag and open to it filled to the zipper with clothes from my apartment. I stand up and stretch and my back pops into place. The elk skin was rough to sleep on last night and I hope to return to Republic City soon. I hear loud music from outside. It must be Zeke. I hear the lyrics of the fast-paced punk song. It sings of what seems to be about dancing with a girl and “falling apart to halftime”, whatever that means. I step out into the brisk, wintery, northern air to Zeke running around the tundra with jeans and a hoodie. As he comes near my sleeping quarters, he slows down to catch his breath.
“Hey, how’d you sleep?” He asks me in-between fast breaths. He is drenched with sweat and his hair is frostbitten at the tips, most likely from the cold.
“Horribly. How have you done it for so many years?” I ask him, rubbing my stiff back.
“You get used to it.. You ready for today?”
“I guess so. What does Escala do for training?”
“Nothing much. We get to go to the armory today, though. So that’s big. For you at least.”
“What’s the armory?” I ask him as he walks over and turns off the radio, then grabbing a steaming towel on the rack next to it.
“It’s where we get our weapons. I can see you with Sais or maybe katanas.”
“What do you and Irina have? And what even is the purpose of weapons if we have bending?”
“We need weapons in case something happens to us that happened to you. You know, getting our bending taken away. And I use a chain whip and I believe Irina uses daggers.” He informs me as he wipes the sweat from his forehead and brushes the ice from his hair. He grabs a water bottle from the same cart with the radio. He takes off the hoodie, revealing a scarred abdomen of his. He notices me staring and darts his eyes down to the ground. He drops to the ice and starts doing push-ups. Steam pours off his sweating sides and after about ten, he lowers and looks at me.
“I got these from Strange. When I didn’t do what he wanted, he branded me. One time, I didn’t wipe out an Earth camp, and he whipped me in front of them all. Note to you, kid. If you don’t give in, things will eventually get better. Never give in to your enemies, because they will eventually use it to their advantage. People will want to break you, but don’t let them. You control your own fate.” He tells me, continuing to do push-ups on the cold ice. “You also might want to get ready, we move out in an hour.”
“Really? It doesn’t feel like almost one.”
“Time’s weird here. We are really close to the prime meridian.” He tells me.
“What time is it, actually? I don’t have a watch.” I ask him.
“It’s about 11:30. Escala is usually early so that gives you about 20 minutes to get ready. And she doesn't like to wait.”
“Thanks, Zeke. Thanks for the talk and telling me what’s going on. Are you coming to the armory with us?”
“I guess I can tag along. Go get ready, newbie.” I turn back to my hut to change and get ready for my revenge of what Strange has done to me and these people.
#79 Posted: 01:34:59 19/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Chapter 12
I quickly dash into my and throw on a black tshirt with a design of what looks like a snake on a cross with a crown over it, I can’t really tell because it’s really faded. I also throw on jeans, combat boots, a light grey jacket, a jean jacket over that, and a belt. I put on my sunglasses, because of the snow and ice blinding me, and I step outside. I walk over to an area where the ice is broken and water is accessible. I bend down near it and place my hand in the freezing water. I pull it out of the water and run my shivering fingers through my hair to loosen it up a little bit. There’s no hot, running water here so this is what I have to work with. Once I finish pulling my hair into place, I see that my hand is actually blue from the water. I light my hand on fire and keep it there, careful not to touch my clothes. After a little bit, I regain feelings in my fingertips. I then pull the hood up from my grey sweatshirt and make my way over to where Zeke and Irina wait for Escala near what seems to be a Jeep. Zeke wears a grey tshirt with a black sweatshirt over that and black jeans, with a black scarf around his neck. Irina wears a long sleeved white shirt, with a black bubble vest over it. Her blonde hair is pulled up in a ponytail. As I approach, I hear them arguing about something.
“I told you bubble vests are out of fashion.” Zeke tells her, motioning to her vest.
“It looks better than your stupid scarf.” Irina tells him, her arms crossed.
“Pete Wentz says it’s adorable.”
“That was from 2007. And he wasn’t talking about that scarf. You look stupid. Here, ask Mao.” Irina tells him, motioning to me.
“This isn’t my fight. As you guys can tell, I don’t have much of a fashion sense either. I’ll let you guys fight it out.” I tell them, sitting on the cold ice.
“You at least look better than him. He looks like he just got thrown out of a 1980’s music movie.” She tells me, still not backing down from the fight.
“At least I don’t look like a street thug.” Zeke tells her.
“Guys, relax. It doesn’t really matter. There’s no one up here to see anyway. Just chill.” I tell them, my cold breath slowly evaporating when I speak. They look at me like I’m insane for about a minute. Then Zeke breaks the silence.
“That’s deep, man. What the heck did Tenzin do to you?” He asks me.
“I’m trying to get used to this whole “symbol for peace” thing. It’s really hard.” I tell him.
“You’re doing a good job of it for your first day.” Irina tells me as I see Escala start to approach us from out of her tent. She wears a black long sleeved shirt and her fair, brown hair is also pulled in a ponytail like Irina. She walks past us in our conversation and gets in the drivers side of the Jeep we were standing near. She puts the key into the ignition and starts the armored car. She turns to us and speaks 9 words to us before we leave the camp we’ve been at for the past week.
“Get in, ladies. Mao, you’re up front with me.” The three us climb into the vehicle. Irina and Zeke in the back, still arguing about their outfits. I slip into the front seat to sit next to Escala.
#80 Posted: 01:35:28 19/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Chapter 13
After an hour of sitting in silence, we pull up in front of what seems to be an old bunker from World War II. The thin snow moves freely about the deserted tundra, given a push from the neighboring wind. We approach the metal door jutting out of the blinding icy surroundings. Escala enters a code into the panel on the door handle and the door opens once she finishes. The door scrapes loudly on it’s frozen hinges and we enter the polar opposite of the scene from outside. I barely make out Escala turning the lights on from a electrical panel. The lights up to reveal stack upon stack of guns and swords and other weapons on every wall, covering them. Escala comes up behind me and puts a hand on my shoulder.
“Beautiful, isn’t it?” She asks me.
“I guess. Why didn’t you mention this before?”
“Didn’t have much time. I have a present for you, Mao.” She tells me as she leads me to a small square box on a table in the back of the bunker. She opens it to a small, black orb. She must realize the confusion on my face because she takes my hand and the strange orb lunges onto my arm. It forms around my wrist and settles to look like a normal black bracelet. I jumped so far when it lunged at me that I’m falling into the pistols behind me.
“What is it?” I ask her through my horrid state.
“We found it a few years ago. It landed outside this bunker. The thing is, it wouldn’t react like this with any of us. This just proves it even more. There is an old fable of the northern water tribe that the next Avatar, you Mao, would wield a weapon of darkness. I have a feeling this is it. I’ve been studying it for the past 6 months and only after you arrived in the north it started reacting. You can make any weapon you think of with it. Try it out.” She explains to me. I think of a simple sword and the orb works itself to the same sword I pictured and fits to my hand perfectly. It has a sleek, black form to it and seems to absorb any light surrounding it. Once I finish with the sword, I picture it back into it’s bracelet form. I look up and see Zeke has his chain whip wrapped around his wrist and a pistol at his side. Irina has a belt of daggers at her waist and a sniper rifle strapped to her back. Escala comes back over to me and hands me a pistol like Zeke’s.
“If I have the orb, why do I need this?” I ask Escala, holding the gun like it contains a plague. I’ve seen guns before, but most were held by Freedom Police.
“You always need a backup if the orb suddenly stops working for some reason. Now that you’re all suited up, follow Zeke and Irina outside and lets see what you can do and I’ll meet you out there in a little bit. Test the orb’s limits as much as you can.” She replies to me, turning around to pick up her own gun. I follow Zeke and Irina into a small shooting range off the side of the armory. I picture the orb into an arm cannon and it follows my thoughts. Zeke pulls his gun and starting firing shots at the paper targets hung up on the wall. His bullets rip through the thick paper and it eventually stands shredded apart as he loads his gun again. I face a different target, completely clean of any bullet holes. I raise the arm cannon and it glows a faint blue. I feel it humming and after about 30 seconds, it fires a shot at the paper. I close my eyes as the fire hot blast moves forth from my arm and comes into contact with the target. I slowly unclench my eyes and look at where my target once stood. A black smudge mark covers the wall and there is no evidence that my target even stood there. I look back to Zeke and Irina and see them watching me, eyes filled with horror. I feel my face heating up from embarrassment and I turn the orb back into its harmless bracelet state.
“Guess I won’t do that again.” I say to them, still not turning their gaze anywhere except for my mistake.
“That was so awesome. Strange won’t know what hit him!” Zeke tells me, smiling now like crazy. I hear the door open behind me and Escala rushes in.
“What happened?” She asks us, a bewildered look on her face.
“Mao happened.” Irina tells her.
#81 Posted: 01:36:45 19/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Chapter 14
Four years later…

The Avatar had fallen, and along with him, our hope. The Darkness consumed him. We walked in fear of him. Then, one day, he arrived. He carried a sword and headphones consumed his ears. We hoped our savior had come, and he did. The dark tendrils moving from the arm of, dare I call him, the Avatar. His sword cut through them, light darting off the blade. He pulled the darkness from the Avatar’s flesh and there he lay. We, the citizens of Republic City, realized something. We saw the young Avatar, with his brown hair still in his head, but his lips blue and eyes lifeless. We realized that we never hailed an Avatar. We hailed an entity of darkness. This new light warrior, he was the closest we were coming to it. The Avatar line ended with Korra. Mao had no humanity left. His team had hunted down Strange and killed him in cold blood. Once all of his lackeys were eradicated, Mao turned on his friends. They fought as best as they could, but their hero was gone. A husk of his former self. What happened to the light warrior, you may be asking. He still lives, but no one knows where. Some say that the darkness consumed him too. But I believe he’s still somewhere, waiting for the right time. For, as we know, when the world doesn’t need a hero, he won’t arrive. Unless, he is called upon. This is where you come in. Take this story as you like. If you ask enough, the light warrior may arrive. Just maybe.

Note from Terrafin2299: This story was amazing to make but had tons of plot holes. I hope someday to take another swing at it. But, like most things in life, it must come to an end. I didn’t expect to end it this fast, but I was debating it for a while. I no longer have time to write this, much less edit it to put on here. I have enough going on this year, with trying to start a band (More news on that in the future) and school. I need to move forward and may eventually start a new story. But, for now, I lay this one in it’s grave. Hopefully, it won’t go to ruin and may be visited.

I am not afraid to keep on living, I am not afraid to walk this world alone
#82 Posted: 13:50:34 22/06/2015 | Topic Creator
I don't know how to close this
BWladwa Blue Sparx Gems: 926
#83 Posted: 23:46:43 23/06/2015
Yr stories r amazing
---
Listenin 2 grime 24/7
#84 Posted: 23:51:59 23/06/2015 | Topic Creator
I have started a new story and was wondering if anyone would read it. If you want to pm me, or notify me in another way and i'll publish it on here. If not, I'll share with the ones that want it and keep it to myself. I'd like at least five to publish it on here. Share it with your friends. And if you'd like a preview, I can pm you a preview. Thank you so much for all your support with this story, but it's over now. It will be closed later tonight. Rest in peace The Fire Within, you were great at the time
BWladwa Blue Sparx Gems: 926
#85 Posted: 21:37:59 24/06/2015
Post it plz
---
Listenin 2 grime 24/7
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me