Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Fandom > Non-Spyro > The Fire Within (A TLA/LOK Fanfiction) Ending posted
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
The Fire Within (A TLA/LOK Fanfiction) Ending posted [CLOSED]
terrafin2299 Ripto Gems: 3418
#1 Posted: 19:54:22 21/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Hey guys!! Terrafin2299 here, and I'm calling this my first fan fiction, some of my close friends might remember The Fault in our Portals. Let's be honest, it sucked. And I finished the book and it was just too depressing to continue. So, here we are, this is The Fire Within. I have a love for The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra, so this is 200 years after Korra (I don't like earth benders, so) this is about a fire bender called Mao. He lives in modern world New York, called Republic City. In this world, benders are hunted and exterminated. So you could say he's an escaped convict. I'm not going to do a character rap sheet but I will post the first chapter in a minute. So, leave your comments and I hope you like it smilie

Many people have heard the famous stories of the notorious avatars Aang and Korra. After them, the world plunged into darkness. The non benders feared for their lives and decided to take charge and eradicate any remaining benders. Those who follow them are The Freedom Police, who wish to cleanse the world of all impurities. Then, in our darkest time, a stranger rises, named Mao. He is a fire bender, and I believe he has a secret that even he doesn’t know about. I believe he can save the world. He just needs to find his Fire Within.
Edited 6 times - Last edited at 01:37:43 19/06/2015 by terrafin2299
#2 Posted: 19:57:13 21/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Chapter 1

I hear the deafening sound of my alarm clock going off from across the room. I lift the blanket from on top of my head and read the red numbers on it’s face. 7:45? It’s too early for this. I crawl back under for a little bit before it goes off again. This time I build up my fire and throw a small fireball at it and it quiets down. I slowly drag myself out from under the warm covers and look at myself in the mirror. I have my hair cut back short, but not too short, i don’t want to look like I just got out of the army. I have steely grey eyes, matching my “stone cold” personality. I wear black pants and I pull on a light grey t-shirt and a hoodie and then finally a light athletic jacket as I lean towards the edge of my window looking out at my front step. Down below I see 5 men with black jackets on and holding guns.
“Oh, no. They found me.” I mutter under my breath. I then look to the window leading to the fire escape and I go out that way. Once I get down in the alley behind my apartment, I pull my hood up and head out into the street. My breath fogs up in the cool September air. I come around where the men were busting into my house. On their coats they wear an emblem of a sword. They’re the Freedom Police. They hunt down benders of the elements, like me, and eradicate them. They’re particularly after me, because I’ve escaped them many times. They really hate me. I heard they also killed off the last avatar, but I’ve only lived for 16 years, so what would I know? I continue walking towards a busy intersection to blend in when one of them spots me.
“Hey! You, stop!” He yells at me and alerts his buddies. They turn their guns on me and start shooting. In a moment of terror, I build up my energy and launch towards them, fire launching from my feet, burning my sneakers. I ball up my fist as bullets rip through me, but I don’t feel them. These men killed my grandfather, my father and my entire family. I might be the last fire bender in existence and I would never know. Fire swarms around my tight fist and I slam my fist into the gut of the closest soldier and he spirals to the ground. I feel the built up fire from the past years screaming out of my eyes. My entire body feels like it’s on fire as I leap between the last 4 soldiers, throwing them into each other and catching them on fire. I have no grasp on the world as I release my anger on the world. Once, I put all out of consciousness, I try to regain my thoughts. My name’s Mao, my grandfather was Mako, a close friend of the famous avatar, Korra. Once my flames go out, I drop to the ground and face plant the pavement. I then pass out in my singed clothes.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:17:05 16/09/2014 by terrafin2299
#3 Posted: 20:00:34 21/08/2014 | Topic Creator
sorry, posted it too quick. So, here it is!!! Some explanations, Mao hates the Freedom police, but I think you know that. Second of all, if you haven't watched LOK, that's where Korra came from, so I wanted to connect them somehow. So, I hope someone reads this, and when you do, please comment
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#4 Posted: 20:09:21 21/08/2014
What is Mao's gender?
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
#5 Posted: 20:09:54 21/08/2014 | Topic Creator
male, sorry I forgot that
#6 Posted: 20:10:49 21/08/2014
Quote: terrafin2299
male, sorry I forgot that

Okay.
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
uttster13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2701
#7 Posted: 20:31:52 21/08/2014
I watched a good bit of the A:TLA when I was little, and thought it was pretty good, then I watched most of Korra's first season, and loved it. This is really good for a start, keep it up!
---
A story.
#8 Posted: 20:33:29 21/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Thanks, O great Uttster, it fills me with joy to have you read this (same for you 84)
#9 Posted: 20:38:54 21/08/2014
I'm gonna be honest, I never really watched much of TLOK. Mostly just A:TLA. I watch it when it happens to be on though and I'm bored.
---
#10 Posted: 20:40:29 21/08/2014 | Topic Creator
I watch them both, mostly because Mako *ahem* is hot as all can be.

On this topic, chapter 2 should be up in at most an hour.
#11 Posted: 20:50:00 21/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Chapter 2

I wake up on my back with my head throbbing. Somewhere off in the distance, I hear screaming and metal sliding on metal. I slowly sit up and find myself on the floor of a grimy prison cell. My ankle is chained to the corner of the room, held in place with a metal hook. Those idiots, I can just melt the chain. I then look down at myself, then took my hoodie, jacket and shirt, leaving my bare chest exposed. Once I realize that, I start shivering. That’s weird, my fire usually keeps me warm. I try to light a spark but I don’t get anything. I then see a dark figure walk in front of the metal cell door. He has long black hair that comes down to his shoulders, a goatee and wears black sunglasses so I can’t see his eyes. He also wears a long lab coat down to his ankles. I stand up and grip the cell bars with white knuckles.
“What did you do to me?” I ask him through gritted teeth.
“Simple. I took away your bending. Permanently.” He tells me, with a deep gritty voice.
“No. It’s impossible. It was outlawed, and no one practices it anymore.”
“Oh, but it is. You’re going to be here for a while, names Strange.”
“Mao.”
“Do you have any friends Mao, I figured, you’re one of the regular guys now, so no use hiding them. Tell me.”
“I don’t. Dad made me promise not to get close to people.”
“I know you wouldn’t listen to your dear father, so why”, he pulls a taser out from the lab coat, “don’t you SPIT IT OUT!!!” He slams it against the metal bars of the cell and it sends shocks down my spine and I slam against the wall of the cell and cripple to the ground. I see him walk away and I see my burned, stinging hands in front of my face. I feel a warm feeling going down my back. I then hear a loud explosion and i look back up into the hallway as smoke fills the room. I then hear gunshots and water splashing. Then, a girl with blond hair and a long braid comes in and kneels in front of me.
“We have to go, they’re going to come after you. For some reason, they think you’re special. Can you stand?” She tells me in a voice that has a slight Russian accent. I slowly nod and she pulls me up. I scream in pain, but I bite through it as we make our way on to the roof of the building that I find out is the prison and she helps me up to a helicopter that takes off as soon as we get settled. Once I calm down, I fall asleep in my seat.

------------------------------
Who is the strange girl?
What's up with Strange?
Will Mao ever get his bending back?
Find out in Chapter 3!!!!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:16:29 16/09/2014 by terrafin2299
#12 Posted: 20:54:02 21/08/2014
He's probably gonna get his bending back.
---
#13 Posted: 20:55:02 21/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Hey, ya never know

(how do I quote someone? I know, total noob question?)
#14 Posted: 20:57:45 21/08/2014
Hey, ya never know

Look under my comment and there'll be an option that says "quote".
---
#15 Posted: 20:59:43 21/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: 84skylanderdude
Hey, ya never know

thanks, I'm starting on chap. 3 now
#16 Posted: 21:00:29 21/08/2014
Hey, ya never know

thanks, I'm starting on chap. 3 now

Cool.
---
#17 Posted: 14:05:35 22/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Chapter 3 will probably be up later today, I'm not feeling well so I'm home all day today. If I sound like I'm not focused, it's because I am, my face is so full of snot I can't think straight. But, anyways, chapter 3 will also introduce another character and dive more in depth with Mao's past. It'll probably be up before noon. If not, it means I passed out again. Thanks again guys!!!
#18 Posted: 16:18:50 22/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Chapter 3

When I wake up, my vision’s blurry. I look out the window and almost puke. I see a sight I’ve never seen in my life and it scares me half to death. Down below, I see mountains, lots of them. My grip suddenly tightens on my seat. The girl sitting next to me sits forward and talks to me.
“So, what’s your name?” She asks me in a nice voice. I don’t feel in danger like I’ve been my entire life when I’m next to her. My grip loosens a little, but then I remember how high up in the air I am and my grip doubles.
“Ah, afraid of heights. You get used to it. It’s safe, I promise. My name’s Irina. Who are you?” She asks me again.
“Name’s Mao. Fire bender extraordinaire. Please don’t kill me for being a bender, it’s not my choice.” I try to raise my hand but it sends a pain down my back and I slightly yell out in pain.
“I’m sorry, I totally forgot about your back. When we land, I can heal you. And you’re with friends. I’m a water bender. Relax.” She tells me as she places her hand on top of mine.
“Where are we going?” I ask her. My grip loosens up and I relax in my seat.
“Up to the north. You said you were a fire bender?”
“Yeah. From Republic City.”
“That’s weird. I don’t see any fire in you. You either extinguished yourself, which is impossible; or someone took your bending. The question is, which is it?”
“The guy that captured me, he called himself Strange, and I think he took my bending.”
“Ok, when we reach the north, I know someone who can help.”
“Great. I hate being cold, how do you live in it?”
“I was born in it. Really boring story, what’s yours?”
“Nothing much, born on the streets of Republic City and when I was 5 I watched my family get murdered before my eyes. I then killed my family’s murderers and I have been a fugitive for 11 years now. That simple.”
“How did you survive?”
“My uncle took me in for a few years, taught me simple stuff then he died of natural causes.”
“Wow. Why did Strange want you?”
“The real question here is why are you asking so many questions and why did you rescue me and nobody else?”
“Reasons. I was told by my teacher to find you, that she saw you in her dreams and thought you were special.”
“Ok. Well, now I guess I’m not anymore that I can’t do anything. And can I get a jacket or something, I’m freezing in here.” She leans forward to a cabinet across from the seats and she pulls out a black hoodie.
“I got this from your place, you might need it.” She informs me.
“Wait, were you watching me?” I ask her.
“It was my mission, nothing more.” She tells me with her arms crossed. I slowly lean forward and put the hoodie on. It’s definitely mine. I can see the scorch marks on the edges of the sleeves. We then sit in silence for another half hour before we land on an ice shelf, with a man about my age with headphones in and a lady in an orange and yellow monk robe on waiting to greet us.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:15:35 16/09/2014 by terrafin2299
#19 Posted: 18:17:37 22/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Anybody on?
#20 Posted: 19:44:31 22/08/2014
I see you like the name I suggested. smilie
---
#21 Posted: 19:45:54 22/08/2014 | Topic Creator
yup. I wish you were here earlier, I needed another 2 names, but I got them
#22 Posted: 19:50:13 22/08/2014
yup. I wish you were here earlier, I needed another 2 names, but I got them

I was at school, sorry.
---
#23 Posted: 19:51:36 22/08/2014 | Topic Creator
I was dying. I could make a goop monster of all of the snot I'm blowing out of nose.
#24 Posted: 19:52:37 22/08/2014
I was dying. I could make a goop monster of all of the snot I'm blowing out of nose.

I didn't need to know that.
---
#25 Posted: 19:55:46 22/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Sorry, I get in-depth when I'm sick. I've been home for like 3 days now
#26 Posted: 14:09:10 23/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Hey guys!!!! I have chapter 4 finished and it will be up today, this won't happen regularly, we'll probably have about two chapters a week. I've just been home all week so I was popping them out like crazy. Chapter 4 introduces 2 more characters, more in depth of why Irina brought Mao to the north and why Strange wants Mao so much. I'm starting to write chapter 5 today, but it probably won't be up until like wednesday, because I'm going to try and start a routine. One more thing, I also made an introduction, if you've ever watched TLA or LOK, you'd know how their intros happen, this is mine.

I also found out that the last half of season 3 of LOK was on nick.com because of dropping ratings and the series finale was last night if anybodies wondering
#27 Posted: 19:36:07 23/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Chapter 4

Before I get out of the helicopter I remember my broken back.
“Hey, Irina, you said you’d help me with my back.” I tell her.
“Ok. Lean forward. You’ll feel a sharp pain but it’ll be quick. I’m going to bend your blood to make your back straight.” I does as she says and after a minute of me biting my tongue and her laughing we get off the helicopter to meet our greeters. I approach the male when I hear a faint beating coming from his headphones. He wears a short sleeved black button up with a purple tie. He also has red hair gelled up into a slight mohawk. He sees me approaching me and he turns off his music.
“You the n00b?” He asks me sarcastically.
“You could say. Name’s Mao. I’m guessing your name’s Gerard Way.”
“Heck no. Nobody listens to MCR anymore. Name’s Zeke. I heard you’re a fire bender.”
“Not anymore.” I tell him. The lady overhears us and she pipes in.
“Wait, what? Sorry Mao, I’m Escala. I sent Irina after you. I hope she treated you well.” She tells her. She has light brown hair pulled up in a tight bun on her head. “You’re not used to this, I know. I was good friends with your uncle and your father. They were a great team. Zeke here is an earth bender. I’m an Airbender. One of the last in existence. Now, if you’ll come with me, I know how to get your bending back.” Escala tells me. She leads me into a small hut with incense burning around a mat on the ground. There are dark stones on the dark and I’m sweating profusely.
“If you’ll take off your hoodie and shirt, we can get to work.”
“What?”
“Do you want your fire back or not?”
“Fine. Just…don’t do anything else.”
“Just lay down and shut up.”
“I have a feeling you all have a grudge against me.”
“We thought you would be more.”
“Fine, I can’t wait to get back to my fugitive life.” I take off the hoodie and my t-shirt when I see blood on the back. My back also feels moist with blood. I then lay on the floor on my stomach and she gets to work. She chants a lot and the room smokes up a lot. About 5 minutes in, I feel like I’m going to erupt into flames my insides hurt so much. I feel like beating my head into the ground right now to get it over with. 2 more minutes later, she tells me it’s finished. I feel like I have my power back. I feel like a dragon. I’m so exhausted I lay there and pass out.
#28 Posted: 19:38:33 23/08/2014
OH NO SHE TURNED HIM INTO A DRAGON!!!!
---
#29 Posted: 19:39:36 23/08/2014 | Topic Creator

No, it's a metaphor
#30 Posted: 19:47:14 23/08/2014

No, it's a metaphor

OH MY GOD SHE TURNED HIM INTO A METAPHOR!!!
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:47:59 23/08/2014 by 84skylanderdude
#31 Posted: 19:48:30 23/08/2014 | Topic Creator

No, it's a metaphor

I know.

I know you know, any opinions?
#32 Posted: 19:49:40 23/08/2014

No, it's a metaphor

I know.

Dammit, I was hoping I edited my comment before you saw it...
---
#33 Posted: 19:50:37 23/08/2014 | Topic Creator

I know.

heh, she does turn him into a metaphor
L-NightBomb Blue Sparx Gems: 602
#34 Posted: 19:52:52 01/09/2014

heh, she does turn him into a metaphor

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
---
#Braceface smilie smilie smilie
Sandwitch the new witch made of sand!!!
I am that one person that got two toys launch day of Trap Team.
#35 Posted: 20:06:20 01/09/2014 | Topic Creator
great to see a new reader smilie

sorry for being so long with the next chapter, I've been busy with work and school. and September 24th, I will barely be on. if you want to know, pm me or message me somehow
#36 Posted: 20:08:12 01/09/2014

sorry for being so long with the next chapter, I've been busy with work and school. and September 24th, I will barely be on. if you want to know, pm me or message me somehow

whats September 24th?
---
#37 Posted: 20:10:01 01/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: L-NightBomb

whats September 24th?

I'm getting my tonsils taken out
#38 Posted: 20:10:55 01/09/2014

whats September 24th?

I'm getting my tonsils taken out

oh yeah i forgot
---
#39 Posted: 20:12:22 01/09/2014
that's also my dad's birthday!
---
#40 Posted: 20:15:20 01/09/2014 | Topic Creator
my birthday is two days before that, it's like a late bday present
#41 Posted: 20:23:29 01/09/2014
my birthday is two days before that, it's like a late bday present

IKR BRAH
---
#42 Posted: 17:45:43 02/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Ok guys, change of plans. I just got back from the doctor because I've been sick again. And it's because of my stoopid tonsils, go figure. So, instead of waiting till September 24th, they're moving me up to next wednesday. I won't be on much for a couple of weeks after that. So wish me luck!!!! *thumbs up* smilie
#43 Posted: 17:18:15 14/09/2014 | Topic Creator
hey guys!!! I know it's been a while, sorry. I had the surgery and I've tried writing chapter 5, but it just wasn't clicking. then, today, I had a huge idea and I have two new chapters finished. I'll try to get them up this week. we get a huge plot point and a big character that helps with the plot
#44 Posted: 17:39:30 14/09/2014
YAY!!
---
#45 Posted: 15:14:49 16/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Chapter 5

I wake up a while later in what looks like a temple. There is dust all over the floor. I slowly lean forward and grab my side. I suddenly cringe in pain. I see that I wear a light grey hoodie and black jeans, the jeans mine. Once my vision stops swimming, I study my surroundings. I see a painting of a sky bison on a wall and a giant stone statue of an air monk down the hall. I instantly know that it’s the famous Avatar, Aang. Stone columns hold up the crumbling roof and seem like they could fall over at any second. I also see an orange-robed air monk sitting in front of the statue. I approach him and see he has the mark of an air master, the notorious blue arrow. His eyes are closed and he doesn’t notice me.
“Sit, Mao.” He tells me, his eyes still closed.
“What?” I ask him, still trying to figure out where I am.
“Sit, meditate with me. Don’t worry, answers will come.”
“Ok”, I sit across from him and cross my legs. I close my eyes and open up my senses, “So, might I ask who you are?”
“In time, young bender, that is not important now.”
“Why am I here?”
 “You ask too many questions.” My eyes still closed, I hear his robes moving as he stands up. I slowly crack open my eyes to see him move over to a small rug placed on the floor with an old tea kettle and two tea cups on it. He crouches to the ground and pours tea in one of the cups, he then turns towards me.
“Tea?” He asks me.
“Yes, please.” I tell him. He pours another cup and walks over to me. He hands the warm cup to me and I sip from it. He sits across from me and crosses his legs.
“So, I’ve heard a lot about you.” He tells me, coming up from his cup looking at me.
“There isn’t a lot to talk about.” I tell him, my eyes dropping to the ground.
“Oh, but there is. Escala told me all about you and what she found.”
“I’m a nobody, I’m not even a fire bender anymore.”
“Escala tells me she gave it back, try it”, I snap my fingers to try and start my fire and a small flame jumps to my fingertips,”Ok, she was right about that, we have a lot to talk about, young one. My name is Tenzin, I am the distant great, great grandson of the famous Avatar Aang, and I believe you may be the salvation for all benders around the world.”

---------------------
Sorry it's been almost a month, I had writer's block. I have another one finished and I'll probably post it either this week or on the weekend, at the latest, next week. But here it is!!! Leave comments, questions and other discussions below!!!
What does Tenzin mean?
Can Tenzin be trusted?
Where is Mao?
#46 Posted: 17:43:19 16/09/2014
Mao is in the place where all the metaphors live duh........
---
#47 Posted: 17:45:17 16/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Mao is in the place where all the metaphors live duh........

Maybe... Any other thoughts on the chapter?
#48 Posted: 19:35:12 16/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Does anyone even read this besides L-NightBomb and possibly 84?
#49 Posted: 22:36:57 16/09/2014
Don't know.
---
#50 Posted: 15:39:39 17/09/2014 | Topic Creator
We are almost to page 2!!!!
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me