Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 4 of 4
1 2 3 4
Unpopular opinions [CLOSED]
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#151 Posted: 02:20:31 13/08/2014
Quote: Carmelita Fox
Quote: Metallo
The very fact that people identify with the other gender shows that they themselves are perpetrators of gender categorizing. If you don't "feel like" your gender, that shows you hold a certain expectation of what a gender should feel like. There are only four facts about genders:

1. Males have penises, and are usually attracted to females.
2. Females have vaginas, and are usually attracted to males.

Anything that your gender is "supposed" to be or reflect (besides biological aspects) is gender categorization. Which is bad.

Are you talking about people who identify with other genders just for ****s and giggles? Or people with dysphoria too?

If dysphoria is a legitimate medical condition, then obviously I won't judge. But I'm mostly referring to the people who do it just for the heck of it, or because they're trying not to confront their identity, etc etc.
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12083
#152 Posted: 02:22:29 13/08/2014
Oh, okay.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6239
#153 Posted: 02:37:53 13/08/2014
I like sports. Specifically, I love baseball. It's full of suspense, power, anticipation, and even what one could call magic. It's not the fastest moving sport, but there's a sort of feeling that I get from baseball that I don't from other sports. Football/soccer is cool too but I don't follow it that much outside of the World Cup. American Football is nice but it's short and it can get tiring. Hockey is cool but I didn't grow up with it. And I just can't sit down and watch basketball.

But baseball? The supposed "most boring sport"? It's the most exciting sport to me. I love the New York Mets more than any other sports team or individual athlete.

To the people who say baseball is boring or that a sport like it has no history or miracles, I would suggest that you watch Ken Burns' Baseball documentary series on Netflix. But it's an 11 part epic with each part hovering around 2 hours each, and I imagine that wouldn't help with the "baseball is boring" criticisms.

Quote: Wolfgang
Mind if I throw in another level of complication to the mix? What do you guys think of people who believe they're born with a spirit that's not human? (Like, they believe they have the spirit of an animal or mythical creature)

That's fairly ridiculous and I usually don't take those who claim they feel to have the "spirit" of another animal seriously. Sorry.
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7660
#154 Posted: 13:26:20 13/08/2014
Quote: Doomslicer
I find blonde hair very unappealing

:c

Quote: somePerson
I don't think same sex marriage should be allowed... Or marriage in general considering marriage is religious.

plz explain
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7089
#155 Posted: 13:51:57 13/08/2014
Quote:
There are only four facts about genders:

1. Males have penises, and are usually attracted to females.
2. Females have vaginas, and are usually attracted to males.

Nope.

What you are referring to is "sex" and "sexual orientation".

"Sex" in this context is your "biological gender". "Sexual orientation" is what you're attracted to.

"Gender" is simply what gender you identify as in terms of what interests you have and what way you like to dress. None of the three are indefinitely linked.

This is why when you are making physical-medical appointments and such, they specifically ask for your sex, since your gender identity is irrelevant to your physical health and how your body works. That is defined in part by your sex.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:55:03 13/08/2014 by sonicbrawler182
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#156 Posted: 14:53:37 13/08/2014
Just to clarify so I don't offend anyone, I don't find blonde hair ugly, and in some cases I can find it quite pretty, I just find darker hair a lot more appealing and attractive.
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
#157 Posted: 17:08:20 13/08/2014
Quote: Jaggedstar
I don't think same sex marriage should be allowed... Or marriage in general considering marriage is religious.

plz explain

Well if they don't believe in marriage in general it goes without saying that same-sex marriage is no exception.
#158 Posted: 18:52:22 13/08/2014
Quote: CAV
Quote: Jaggedstar

plz explain

Well if they don't believe in marriage in general it goes without saying that same-sex marriage is no exception.

Being against marriage is one thing, but just because it seems religious?
Quite frankly being against something just because it's religious is rather biased and close-minded.
A quick example: a lot of very famous artworks, be they paintings or sculptures, are religious.

What's more, I suppose the effects that marriage has on society can be debated, but many studies show that children will have far more content and stable childhoods when raised by two parents, to name only one benefit of "mating for life."
Actually, in a way, marriage isn't even religious, though it can be, marriage is a ceremony and legal status yes, but lots of animal species mate for life (I hesitate to use animals' behavior as guidelines for our own, animals are less intelligent, more chaotic, many have little sense of respect or selflessness, many cannibalize, steal from, and hurt each other, so saying something is good or natural just because animals do it is a poor argument), which in a way marriage is basically the affirming of that.
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#159 Posted: 19:27:21 13/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Marriage has a religious and each religion has their own way of marriage. (An example is that Roman Catholics can't get divorced.) Then the government comes in to get your money from licenses and is a good reason why they care about marriage in my opinion. I think gays don't have to be married in order to be forever happy and that the government shouldn't bother with marriage.
#160 Posted: 22:49:35 13/08/2014
I don't think marriage is totally religious. Marriage is allowed in Communist China, which is a purely atheist state.

In fact, I honestly believe that marriage, in one form or another, may have existed before organized religion was known, considering that said religions had ideas of governing marriage.

I simply see it as a ritual of two souls bonding themselves together.

Also, are you saying that religion itself shouldn't be allowed?
#161 Posted: 22:56:47 13/08/2014 | Topic Creator
I'm not saying that religion shouldn't be around but the government caring about religion.
#162 Posted: 23:15:58 13/08/2014
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Quote: Metallo
I simply see it as a ritual of two souls bonding themselves together.

The last time I bonded my soul with another, he stole my Yu-Gi-Oh cards. >.>

And a ritual would be more like taking a sheep and cutting its throat and pouring its blood all over a satanic circle while chanting "no god but Allah".

Well no. I just think a ritual is any ceremonial action designed to represent something. Perhaps "ceremony" is a better word, though.
Troll Slug Ripto Gems: 2054
#163 Posted: 13:04:23 14/08/2014
Baseball is usually boring. Not always.

DC > Marvel

I like Teen Titans Go!

Frozen is overrated.
#164 Posted: 17:07:47 14/08/2014
Quote: Doomslicer

Being against marriage is one thing, but just because it seems religious?
Quite frankly being against something just because it's religious is rather biased and close-minded.
A quick example: a lot of very famous artworks, be they paintings or sculptures, are religious.

What's more, I suppose the effects that marriage has on society can be debated, but many studies show that children will have far more content and stable childhoods when raised by two parents, to name only one benefit of "mating for life."
Actually, in a way, marriage isn't even religious, though it can be, marriage is a ceremony and legal status yes, but lots of animal species mate for life (I hesitate to use animals' behavior as guidelines for our own, animals are less intelligent, more chaotic, many have little sense of respect or selflessness, many cannibalize, steal from, and hurt each other, so saying something is good or natural just because animals do it is a poor argument), which in a way marriage is basically the affirming of that.

Even then, marriage has come to have very large religious undertones, what with many marriages happening in churches or other religious buildings, and is done by a priest.

I don't agree, but I also understand why someperson may feel this way.

Though for the record I do see marriage more as a legal matter. As Metallo said, marriage is allowed in atheist states like China and North Korea.
#165 Posted: 23:42:35 14/08/2014
Quote: Troll Slug

DC > Marvel

I like Teen Titans Go!

Frozen is overrated.

You are evil incarnate.
awesomerockets Emerald Sparx Gems: 4123
#166 Posted: 03:02:00 15/08/2014
I like school
---
go to my guestbook now and sign a petition to get Freddie benson into smash
ClayFace Blue Sparx Gems: 835
#167 Posted: 09:38:14 15/08/2014
I don't like The Fox and the Hound.

The Great Mouse Detective is awesome.

I like Lightning Rod more than Stealth Elf and Hex.

I'm not a huge fan of Luigi and Yoshi, and I hate Mario and Peach.

I like Mr. Krabs more than Patrick.

I don't ship Arnold and Helga together. I'm also not a huge fan of Arnold, mostly because he feel like he can be boring at times.

I don't care for Recess anymore. For the most part, Hey Arnold! is superior to it in every way.

I like CatDog and I don't care for Rugrats.

I SERIOUSLY HATE PHINEAS AND FERB! It's way too repetitive to be interesting. However, I do like a few characters, in particular, Isabella, Buford, and Doofenshmirtz.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:39:21 15/08/2014 by ClayFace
#168 Posted: 17:21:32 15/08/2014 | Topic Creator
I like Geek Box more then LootCrate.
huge dotd freak Emerald Sparx Gems: 3354
#169 Posted: 17:44:39 15/08/2014
Math is fun and so are needles, the sharper the better
---
Do you not like my mouth words?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:45:49 15/08/2014 by huge dotd freak
AvatariDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 6085
#170 Posted: 23:31:48 15/08/2014
I like dubstep, I think it's fun.

I don't think all Muslims are horrible people.

You're not a bigot for expressing a belief that's different from everyone else's.

Soccer is, in my opinion, the best sport. Despite people thinking that soccer players are wusses or whatever, it can get pretty intense and dangerous.

I'm actually getting really tired of hearing and seeing news about gay people when most of the time the story doesn't even involve their sexuality or their fight to make same sex marriage legal. They'll just randomly say the person is gay like it really matters when it really doesn't. I don't give a **** about what goes on in their private life when I'm watching something about sports or whatever. With that logic, you might as well broadcast other people's sexualities while you're at it.
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:38:19 15/08/2014 by AvatariDragon
wanderist Platinum Sparx Gems: 7081
#171 Posted: 03:03:49 16/08/2014
  • Sword Art Online's second arc was almost as good as the first part, though I did have problems with it.
  • Football is boring.
  • The original Pokemon series was much worse than it is now.
  • Ash is not that bad.
  • Many of the Pokemon that received megas should have gotten new actual evolutions instead.

• Annnd many more that I don't feel like sharing.
    #172 Posted: 03:05:38 16/08/2014 | Topic Creator
    Ash is better then Red because Red doesn't love his Pokemon and Ash loves and believes in his Pokemon so much that his level 999 Pikachu will beat half of Red's team.
    #173 Posted: 03:21:24 16/08/2014
    Black and White and onward had poor design direction for a lot of 'mon.
    Really design wise I thought it began to decline in gen 4 or 3.
    ---
    HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
    #174 Posted: 18:59:52 16/08/2014
    Quote: Troll Slug

I'm pretty sure that's not that unpopular of an opinion these days. To the point where teams have a lot of trouble selling out their tickets for games. <.<;
    ---
    Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
    #175 Posted: 00:18:52 18/08/2014 | Topic Creator
    This topic can't die yet!
    dinorang67 Gold Sparx Gems: 2409
    #176 Posted: 05:44:10 18/08/2014
    Sally the Squirrel is an overpowered character.

Lightly Salted chips are actually good.

The Grunt from Amnesia isn't too scary. (That music that plays is though)

Sonic Unleashed is an unappreciated game.

DONE.
    [User Posted Image]
    ---
    and the lights go out and the lights go out and the lights go out and the lights go out and the lights go out and the lights go out and the lights go out a
    Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8179
    #177 Posted: 06:38:07 18/08/2014
    Quote: dinorang67

DONE.
    [User Posted Image]

If you are referring to Sally from Sonic, her last name is Acorn. And she's chipmunk mixed with squirrel.
    ---
    If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
    icon from Empoh
    #178 Posted: 21:03:06 18/08/2014 | Topic Creator
    I hate salted peanuts.
    #179 Posted: 19:04:42 19/08/2014 | Topic Creator
    Quote: Pixilism
    Quote: Trix Master 100
    Quote: dinorang67

DONE.
    [User Posted Image]

If you are referring to Sally from Sonic, her last name is Acorn. And she's chipmunk mixed with squirrel.

shes overpowered thats what she is!!!

She is isn't she? #tryingtohard
    Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8179
    #180 Posted: 20:04:07 19/08/2014
    I don't think she is overpowered, but eh your opinion not mine.

I honestly don't think that medication can have control over emotions and thoughts. I mean it just doesn't make sense to me of how that works. I mean I don't mind if you have the medication to make ya feel better of strive through life. I just don't get how the medication works.
    ---
    If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
    icon from Empoh
    #181 Posted: 02:52:36 20/08/2014 | Topic Creator
    I like fried chicken and eh on grilled.
    First | Previous | Page 4 of 4
    1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me