Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Idle Chatter > Warriors fan club (the book series)
First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3
Warriors fan club (the book series) [CLOSED]
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#101 Posted: 04:06:50 17/02/2015
errrhhhh you serious, they're releasing a one about mothflight? is that really necessary? i mean... is she even all that major?
Although, I guess reading about the first ever medicine cat could be interesting. But since the erins have been pumping out books with lack of effort/lack of heart lately (which i presume is due to HC forcing them to milk their warriors books like crazy. Seekers has also been terrible since TLW), it will probably suck like SD, YS, TP and BS. I thought it was just because one writer was better than the other (BP & CP vs FQ, YS, SD and BS. the later are terrible), but since Kate wrote TP which was terrible and disappointing (and BS apparently sucks), I'm really not looking forward to anymore super editions. And it's shame, because when OotS was still being released, I used to hate them and only look forward to the SE since they were brilliant back then. They used to really draw me into the world, make me feel so terrible for the main character (and I cried in BP at a certain moment, and I hardly ever cry. I get distraught, but never actually cry). Now I hardly ever feel anything, even when the scene is supposed to be heart wrenching. I get annoyed more than sad.

however, if there was some book that has to do with blackstar (i still want a super edition on him dammit. i'd rather have his story than freaking mothflight who i don't give a **** about), i would gladly read it even if it was ****ty.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Philomena Blue Sparx Gems: 959
#102 Posted: 22:51:16 13/03/2015
Ah man, I only read the first series of Warriors.

Like 6 times. It's really enjoyable. I'd love to continue but such a long series is tough to collect, particularly with a bookshelf as small as mine.

Plus I don't read as much as I did back in high school. :c no time. Life sucks.
---
Don't worry, I'm a qualified Reactor Operator. I can handle this situation.
#103 Posted: 02:26:37 15/03/2015
^ Trust me, you don't need to read anymore Warrriors books apart from Bluestar's Prophecy, Firestar's Quest and Crookedstar's Promise. It's been milked for a while now and isn't showing any sign of ending despite having like, 40 books.
Okay, I'd say you could read the second series (it's quite boring but still worth the read), but I suggest you stop there. The third series is good, but it drags on into the fourth series and gets very terrible, and the last book is very disappointing and rushed. In the end you will realize that it was just a waste of time. IMO Warriors should have ended after the second series (except give the ending a proper closer).

I've read the first series at least three times, and I'm thinking about reading it a fourth time + Bluestar's Prophecy. I've read the second series twice, and the last two I've only read through once (I've read the The Sight twice though, since that was the latest book I truly enjoyed reading since The Darkest Hour).
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:28:13 15/03/2015 by DarkCynder_543
ShadowMewX Diamond Sparx Gems: 8044
#104 Posted: 01:47:07 12/04/2015
I dunno about you guys, but I'm totally in love with Dawn of the Clans. I think it's amazing how everything is folding together so smoothly. And there have been so many moments that genuinely shocked me! X3
---
Let's bust bunsen burners and bounce!
theuone Platinum Sparx Gems: 6184
#105 Posted: 13:07:03 13/04/2015
Quote: ShadowMewX
I dunno about you guys, but I'm totally in love with Dawn of the Clans. I think it's amazing how everything is folding together so smoothly. And there have been so many moments that genuinely shocked me! X3

I simply like the series all together, sure the first arc was just great, but all of the books were good.
---
On board Spyro Reignited hype, Choo choo!
Thanks to BlackWing116 for the Chimera drawing
Metaphorical phantom here, Blame everything lol.
Spyro Fanatic Hunter Gems: 12063
#106 Posted: 17:32:57 13/04/2015
Oh man, I used to love the Warriors saga. I read the Original Warriors series and adored it. Although when I started reading the books of The New Prophecy, it went downhill quickly. It didn't feel the same without Fireheart/star, who was undoubtedly my favorite character and was incredibly boring. None of the new characters interested me so I purchased Bluestar's Prophecy when it was released, but never came around to read it.

A few days ago I thought about coming back to the series, then I found out about Firestar...

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:35:06 13/04/2015 by Spyro Fanatic
#107 Posted: 01:00:14 14/04/2015
^ Yeah it's pretty sad what happens! And its even worse when you find out exactly how he..... won't say it due to spoilers (I presume this is what you're talking about!).

But if you have Bluestar's Prophecy, I highly recommend it!! It's amazing and will give you so much feelings, and it's my favourite Warriors book. It's way better than the books after the original series. In other words it's amazing and it's well worth the read.
---
theuone Platinum Sparx Gems: 6184
#108 Posted: 19:17:34 20/06/2015
Recently finished DOTC Forest Divided ...
anyone here think Star Flower might yet get her redemption? I hope she's an unwilling prisoner of Slash.

Oh, and bump.
---
On board Spyro Reignited hype, Choo choo!
Thanks to BlackWing116 for the Chimera drawing
Metaphorical phantom here, Blame everything lol.
First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me