Forum

Spyro 2: Gateway to Glimmer

Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Are inactive end level portals accessable? [CLOSED]
spyrolvr96 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1214
#1 Posted: 23:09:13 31/07/2014 | Topic Creator
I already know about portals in the homeworlds being accessible through gliding or swim-in-glitching out of bounds, but does anyone know if the portals to get back to the homeworld from inside levels accessible in the same fashion, i.e. directly under the ground where they are activated.

I want to do a low% run and, if these portals are accessible, then it would likely be possible to bypass obtaining Glimmer's talisman altogether and finish the game with no talismen, orbs or gems.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I have already tried to use the swim in air glitch in Sunny Beach to look for the portal and haven't been able to find it, but maybe I just looked in the wrong spot
---
The thing I never really wrapped my brain around until now was in order to be remembered, in order to leave something significant behind, you have to leave
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:10:36 31/07/2014 by spyrolvr96
LocoGuy107 Ripto Gems: 390
#2 Posted: 00:07:17 01/08/2014
That is one of the BEST questions EVR!!!!
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#3 Posted: 01:03:00 01/08/2014
I feel like Idol Springs would be the best place to test that theory. If you try starting a new save and tackling Colossus first, you should have enough gems to get the swimming ability before entering Idol Springs. I believe you can activate the air swim glitch there by swimming against the wall long enough. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#4 Posted: 01:28:55 01/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: HIR
I feel like Idol Springs would be the best place to test that theory. If you try starting a new save and tackling Colossus first, you should have enough gems to get the swimming ability before entering Idol Springs. I believe you can activate the air swim glitch there by swimming against the wall long enough. <.<;

Alright, I'll try that tonight, or maybe tomorrow morning (I'm a little tired...)

And because my personality doesn't let me not point out things like this, there are enough gems in Glimmer and Summer Forest alone for swim, roughly 330 out of 400 needed from Glimmer. Then again, for testing purposes like this, there's always the All Abilities cheat smilie
---
The thing I never really wrapped my brain around until now was in order to be remembered, in order to leave something significant behind, you have to leave
#5 Posted: 12:05:16 01/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Well, I swam around under the level in Idol Springs and could not find the portal at all. It seems that inactive portals inside of levels are either kept in a different place than portals in homeworlds are, or that they are just plain not accessible.

I'm gonna see if the SpyroWorld Viewer can help

EDIT: Well, as far as I can tell you can't set up the World Viewer to show portals, so if they are accessible but in a different spot then the only way I can see finding them is through dumb luck :/
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:06:55 01/08/2014 by spyrolvr96
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#6 Posted: 16:23:25 01/08/2014
I'm able to view the portals with it... Have you tried setting the polygon count to low?
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
#7 Posted: 23:54:23 01/08/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: RadSpyro
I'm able to view the portals with it... Have you tried setting the polygon count to low?

Just tried that, still can't see any portals...

I have just tried a few things out, and found out some interesting things. First, I decided to obtain the talisman and open the portal and then try to swim under the ground and find the portal, even though I didn't think it would work, which it didn't.

I then tried to find inactive end level portals in YotD. I started up a new game (because I lost my PS memory card a few weeks ago, and even if I didn't, my YotD save deleted itself when I was halfway through Evening Lake... Still bitter about both of those) ran through 14 eggs, and did the swim in air glitch in Seashell Shore. What's interesting here is that, right where the inactive portal should be, there was an invisible wall completely surrounding it. Then I got the egg and activated the portal, and the invisible wall disappeared. It was weird...
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me