darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > The Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning > If You Were to Change Anything About This Game...
Page 1 of 1
If You Were to Change Anything About This Game... [CLOSED]
LocoGuy107 Ripto Gems: 390
#1 Posted: 17:23:33 30/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Personally, I'd change the cutscenes so the characters would play out more fluently and emotionally. Sometimes, I think that the intro isn't really all that intense, but hey, it worked, right?
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6071
#2 Posted: 21:24:12 30/07/2014
Take Spyro out of it completely and make Cynder the star of her own franchise. She was the only reason I played LoS and if I could have just thrown Spyro and his whiny Frodo-wannabe schtick off a cliff and into a lake of lava for all eternity, I would have. :D
LocoGuy107 Ripto Gems: 390
#3 Posted: 22:18:08 30/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Razz
Take Spyro out of it completely and make Cynder the star of her own franchise. She was the only reason I played LoS and if I could have just thrown Spyro and his whiny Frodo-wannabe schtick off a cliff and into a lake of lava for all eternity, I would have. smilie

Uh, no offense, but he had no idea that he was ever destined to be a hero until the later parts of the series. Even then, I don't remember one instance when the series mentioned the word "hero."
#4 Posted: 23:32:48 30/07/2014
It doesn't matter that he had no idea he was destined (but he did because Ignitus was blatantly obvious about it from the moment we met), he was still a total idiot. Spyro literally won all of his fights through deus ex machina and sheer dumb luck. It's really an insulting narrative, especially for any player who wasn't "born special".
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#5 Posted: 01:00:41 31/07/2014
Uh, I don't find the game to be that good, but I suppose one minor tweak I wish it had was better lighting in the darker levels. There were points in the Swamp and Munitions Forge where I was just blindly jumping around, hoping for the best.

And then TEN came and made the lighting problem EVEN WORSE because only one level takes place in a well lit area. <.<;

And then DotD came and burned my retinas with how shiny everything wa-... okay, I'll stop now. <.>
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#6 Posted: 01:22:58 31/07/2014
Heh, you should try playing any of those games with my (lack of) eyesight. :D The dark levels were literally just wild guessing for me and DotD gave me a serious headache with all that over saturation.
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#7 Posted: 19:24:54 30/09/2014
spyro is ANNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYIIIIIIIIIIIINGGGGGGGGGGGG!Quote:
Take Spyro out of it completely and make Cynder the star of her own franchise. She was the only reason I played LoS and if I could have just thrown Spyro and his whiny Frodo-wannabe schtick off a cliff and into a lake of lava for all eternity, I would have. smilie
agree Cynder is Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:25:53 30/09/2014 by skylandersspyro
BlueThunderfan Blue Sparx Gems: 926
#8 Posted: 00:07:24 02/10/2014
Make the game longer, have the characters show more emotion in cutscenes, and polish the combat a bit more. Also, having Billy West as Sparx's voice actor in this game as well would be nice.
---
Sleeping is Dumb!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:07:50 02/10/2014 by BlueThunderfan
Queen_Cynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1694
#9 Posted: 01:11:05 03/10/2014
I reallyyy would have preferred more diversity in the enemies tbh. Personally I really liked ANB. It was my favorite out of the LoS games, and I just,, enjoy it a lot honestly? But when I play original trilogy and see how every villain from every level feels unique and different in their own way, the recolored villains that are the same in every single level is... pretty disappointing :/

I mean, especially bc the level designs themselves are so pretty looking (I really love them quq), it's such a shame that every villain is "monkeys, bats, rock monsters, and.... a whole bunch of monkeys"

Idk, maybe it's not the game for that sorta diversity, but it would've been nice to see villains that you DIDN'T get tired of after a single level ;v;

also, some more humor would've been nice. like, humor that actually makes u laugh, not whatever the banter between sparx and spyro was.....
---
I know my username says Queen but I’m a guy I’m just gay : (
#10 Posted: 01:24:25 03/10/2014
Most of LoS is really unintentionally funny, if that helps. :D Or maybe it was just me. I can't take anything even half as seriously as LoS takes itself.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#11 Posted: 18:56:27 13/01/2015
Get rid of the entire series all together. This comes from someone who LOVED these games (Well....the first two) as a kid.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#12 Posted: 19:24:25 13/01/2015
^I mean, the trilogy is over anyway, so it doesn't really matter. *shrug*
---
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9212
#13 Posted: 20:30:09 13/01/2015
Quote: HIR

But it will continue forever in our hearts, and be remembered through fanfiction.net;
have an A1 day!
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#14 Posted: 22:05:38 13/01/2015
Now time for my super original AU where the story is exactly the same as LOS, but IT'S IN HIGH SCHOOL! Look out for my awesome totally cool character named Frostbi, which is also a purple dragon of prophecy and deserves Cynder so much more!

*shudder* I think part of my soul died writing this. But really, the easiest improvement would be making this a lot less linear. Even with the other ones' faults, they still gave you something to do after you were done like looking for upgrades and artwork collectibles. You don't even need to upgrade all of your powers here to finish this without breaking a sweat.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:05:58 13/01/2015 by Bifrost
#15 Posted: 23:57:07 13/01/2015
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

But it will continue forever in our hearts, and be remembered through fanfiction.net;
have an A1 day!

Well I've heard there are a couple of very popular LOS-based fics on there. But *ahem* THEY ARE THE ONE PERCENT! *brick'd* x.x;
---
theuone Platinum Sparx Gems: 6184
#16 Posted: 00:38:32 14/01/2015
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

have an A1 day!

Well I've heard there are a couple of very popular LOS-based fics on there. But *ahem* THEY ARE THE ONE PERCENT! *brick'd* x.x;

a couple? heh, I've seen a lot of amazing TLOS stories there, and not just TLOS, there is a user called TokoWH whom has made some good stories involving the classics, and the legends, and then there is Legacy and its new sequel Lore.
---
On board Spyro Reignited hype, Choo choo!
Thanks to BlackWing116 for the Chimera drawing
Metaphorical phantom here, Blame everything lol.
#17 Posted: 15:40:07 14/01/2015
Are any of these fics not focused on Spyro x Cynder, hordes of fan characters, and/or Spyro having to fight the darkness AGAIN? Because that's all I ever saw in the popular LoS fics. Quality is in the eye of the beholder, I guess.
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#18 Posted: 15:55:19 14/01/2015
There are tons of things I'd change, but I guess the first thing would be to add collectables, so at least you have a reason to replay it.

Level selection would've been pretty handy, too. smilie
#19 Posted: 21:43:32 14/01/2015
Quote: Razz
Are any of these fics not focused on Spyro x Cynder, hordes of fan characters, and/or Spyro having to fight the darkness AGAIN? Because that's all I ever saw in the popular LoS fics. Quality is in the eye of the beholder, I guess.

I seem to recall one taking place a generation or so later that had gotten a lot of buzz. I had always had an idea of something taking place far into the future in that universe. No Malefor business or anything, because he's a lousy character to bring back from the dead in my opinion. <.<;
---
#20 Posted: 22:08:00 14/01/2015
Alas, that sounds like it includes OCs and doubtless Spyro x Cynder. I'd read about Malefor coming back over more bland dragon OCs or Spyro x Cynder any day.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#21 Posted: 22:23:28 14/01/2015
There's one piece of fan content that does include ALL of that. I won't mention the name because it'll bring the rage of a thousand fangirls upon me, but yeah it manages to have everything that's wrong with LOS and everything wrong with OC inserts all at once.
But back on topic, level selection would be kind of redundant in a 5-level game, but if DOTD did one thing right it was that - missed a collectible but don't want to go through the entire game for it? Just skip straight there,like games are supposed to do unless it doesn't have real replay value. But this game would've gotten so much more love if it was given sub-levels like TEN to make things get a little different in the same level and with a save point; if we had Fellmuth to Pirate Fleet and Ancient Grove to... Deep Grove I think, it'd have been a very healthy type of padding if we also had,say, Higher Mines after Munitions Forge or Ice Caves after Dante's Freezer since they could alter assets just slightly but still keep things interesting.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:23:53 14/01/2015 by Bifrost
#22 Posted: 22:50:56 14/01/2015
Maybe splitting the levels up into chapters based on where the game's Save Points were located? Since this was a combat-focused game, and lots of games in that genre break things up into chapters (Devil May Cry, Bayonetta, God of War, etc). <.<;
---
#23 Posted: 23:00:59 14/01/2015
Care to send me a note, Bifrost? I might know which fic you're talking about. XD
#24 Posted: 23:08:41 14/01/2015
Me too! You've aroused my curiosity. ^.^;
---
Lila-the-dragon Blue Sparx Gems: 762
#25 Posted: 20:21:29 02/07/2015
I would change the voice actors for spyro and cynder. Honestly I loved David spade as sparx (why he was replaced I'll never know), and Mae Whitman was a good cynder in TEN. I did not like Ricci's voice acting job tbh-- I didn't feel much emotion coming from her.
famousfern3 Red Sparx Gems: 96
#26 Posted: 05:11:00 15/07/2015
I would change the story to make it a little more engrossing and more importantly change the enemies and game play because of the large amount of monotony that occurs when sitting down to play for more than an hour =/
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#27 Posted: 12:40:03 28/12/2015
change the title from 'spyro' to something else, since all you need to do is take away the spyro name from the title and you have a brand new franchise about dragons. maybe change spyro's colour too.

In all seriousness, I sometimes feel that they should have just done that.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me