First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
If This Franchise Dies... [CLOSED]
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#51 Posted: 08:59:08 31/07/2014
If it was for me, Trap Team was the last Skylanders game.
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#52 Posted: 11:05:50 31/07/2014
Quote: LloydDXZX
It'll not die next year you know why? Because Activision will look weaker than Disney and it will be like ''Disney won the battle'' so not now!

if its dying you will notice it by activision sending out less figures and to less places. in the start you will not notices anything. but as there will be more waves the less quantity of figures will be shipped out. they do it this way so they dont have to be blamed for not releasing everything and not for fill their contracts to dealers. for you as a customer it will be hard to get them all, but activision will not care. activision can then say they have released everything and claim skylanders had run it course.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#53 Posted: 11:20:07 31/07/2014
I hope Trap Team is the last game.
---
#54 Posted: 11:46:40 31/07/2014
Quote: wreckingballbob

it sure can be, they have been talking about abandoning the older figures. but its not the end, there will be a reboot with skylanders 5 i think.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#55 Posted: 12:15:49 31/07/2014
Quote: CountMoneyBone

it sure can be, they have been talking about abandoning the older figures. but its not the end, there will be a reboot with skylanders 5 i think.

I mean I do love Skylanders but this time around I hardly has any money for them and after I get all the new Skylanders and all villains trapped I want the series to end like that we Kaos defeated and all villains trapped and the Skylanders victorious.
---
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5683
#56 Posted: 12:32:42 31/07/2014
I am sad to go away from the series, I would've liked to play another game. But, I would just be grinding in the end, getting all of the figures to the max level, and all of the upgrades. No, I need to move on now. It was fun while it lasted, as I got the first game and continued on. Skylanders is a good series, but the money milking will be it's downfall.
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#57 Posted: 14:04:39 31/07/2014

Where is this abandoning talk you are referring to? Link please to a legitimate source.

Expect a reboot to create great rift in their target market and expect the follow up to implode. This reboot talk is just gossip initiated here by bored fans....same for the figures. I've not read or seen a video saying they are considering anything. I mean, we can't even get news for Trap Team...what now they are giving us their future vision? I think we are becoming delusional now due to the dearth of information.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 14:10:39 31/07/2014 by GhostRoaster
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#58 Posted: 14:17:19 31/07/2014
but the info, bro, the info!

[User Posted Image]
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#59 Posted: 14:45:29 31/07/2014
I've already said goodbye to classic Spyro, so saying farewell to Skylanders wouldn't be quite as tough.

I do enjoy Skylanders, but there are other games that I get more hyped for. Perhaps ironically, if Skylanders didn't constantly bring out so many figures, I would likely be more hyped for them.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#60 Posted: 17:00:01 31/07/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster

Where is this abandoning talk you are referring to? Link please to a legitimate source.

Expect a reboot to create great rift in their target market and expect the follow up to implode. This reboot talk is just gossip initiated here by bored fans....same for the figures. I've not read or seen a video saying they are considering anything. I mean, we can't even get news for Trap Team...what now they are giving us their future vision? I think we are becoming delusional now due to the dearth of information.

They are apparently using the Traptanium Crystal Gates as the launching point for no longer supporting old figures (which, FYI "reboot-yay!" guys, would include the Trap masters anyways so I still fail to see why it's the "best option" to you).
#61 Posted: 18:42:50 31/07/2014

since your going to buy trap team anyway. then most likely you will also cave in and buy the fifth game, even if the old toys do not get supported. you have been attached to skylanders for years now and just stopping will be hard and even a bit depressing. i know how it is, i am trying to get use to the idea not buying the trap team right now. im struggling hard, one they im gonna buy and next day im not gonna buy, thats how the days goes. but i know it isnt a easy task, thats why i start so early thionking about it and not wait until october..
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#62 Posted: 18:52:20 31/07/2014
The difference between Trap Team and a reboot that stops supporting previous figures is a huge one. Trap Team allows you to play as old characters which makes them useful even if their functionality has been made limited, a fabled "reboot" turns them into paperweights...very lackluster paper weights as well.

Just because you're a masochist and enjoy when companies spit in your eye (which is basically what removing supporting for old characters is) doesn't mean it's a good idea.
ladala Yellow Sparx Gems: 1935
#63 Posted: 19:30:45 31/07/2014
What is with all this talking about removing compatibility with old characters? There are so many other ways they can save disc space if they need to, and they're already doing one of them so by reusing old attacks on new characters.

Just brainstorming a bit, I came up with another idea if they were so worried about space: make it so old characters can no longer upgrade. As in, if you put an untouched old character on the portal, it will ask you which upgrade path you want, and then (in that game, at least) give the character every upgrade they'd get going down that path. It would save on models and animations (removing the ones used in basic and intermediate stages), allowing new characters to use that space.

Or, they could change old characters' movesets to be more similar to one another (for example, instead of Flashwing shooting spikes from her tail, she could shoot energy from her mouth, like other dragons), saving them more animation space.

Then again, I don't know how much space character models and animations take up, but that's all that would be removed if they got rid of the old characters.

And anyway; it doesn't really matter all that much to me because they have already crossed the line: as soon as there is no benefit for me having bought into the franchise from the beginning, I'm out. By removing normal Elemental Gates, they have basically said they do not care about what you bought from them in the past. Before, there was the benefit of not having to re-buy elemental characters, at least. But now, there is nothing. By having old characters, I have would not be saving any money or have any more choice (ex. I didn't have to stick to 1-per-element on Swap Characters) in Trap Team.
---
Thank you for releasing me!
#64 Posted: 04:20:22 01/08/2014
since your going to buy trap team anyway. then most likely you will also cave in and buy the fifth game, even if the old toys do not get supported. you have been attached to skylanders for years now and just stopping will be hard and even a bit depressing. i know how it is, i am trying to get use to the idea not buying the trap team right now. im struggling hard, one they im gonna buy and next day im not gonna buy, thats how the days goes. but i know it isnt a easy task, thats why i start so early thionking about it and not wait until october..

There's a 0% chance of me getting a game if they don't support the thousands of dollars of figures I have. The support for old figures is basically the ONLY thing saving me on THIS game. And they aren't getting a ton of money from me. I've seen this pattern play out too many times. Your argument is invalid.

But don't worry, there's lots of FRESH MEAT of kids that fit their demographic they can sucker in. They don't care about me.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 04:23:05 01/08/2014 by GhostRoaster
#65 Posted: 08:00:09 01/08/2014

There's a 0% chance of me getting a game if they don't support the thousands of dollars of figures I have. The support for old figures is basically the ONLY thing saving me on THIS game. And they aren't getting a ton of money from me. I've seen this pattern play out too many times. Your argument is invalid.

But don't worry, there's lots of FRESH MEAT of kids that fit their demographic they can sucker in. They don't care about me.

the kids can like the game all they want but they need to suck in the parents. its after all they that pay for this. i think many parents are gonna say no this time around, after they see the higher price.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#66 Posted: 08:03:08 01/08/2014

the kids can like the game all they want but they need to suck in the parents. its after all they that pay for this. i think many parents are gonna say no this time around, after they see the higher price.

Or some parents might not care about the cost and get the game to make their children happy.
---
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#67 Posted: 09:54:12 01/08/2014

Or some parents might not care about the cost and get the game to make their children happy.

The dream of always making your child happy does still have its limits. Paying the mortgage and putting gas in the car still goes before being able to buy little Johnny that new Skylander.
#68 Posted: 10:03:02 01/08/2014
Quote: GothamLord

The dream of always making your child happy does still have its limits. Paying the mortgage and putting gas in the car still goes before being able to buy little Johnny that new Skylander.

The rather make their car happy than litte Johnny? That sucks.
---
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#69 Posted: 13:57:24 01/08/2014
Well little Johnny is really not getting nothing if the car cannot take him to the Skylander shop . smilie
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:59:02 01/08/2014 by Dark fhoenix
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#70 Posted: 14:04:28 01/08/2014
It really depends where they live. It could be perfectly viable to walk or ride a bike, or use public transportation. ;P
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
#71 Posted: 14:09:21 01/08/2014
Quote: Nightmoon
It really depends where they live. It could be perfectly viable to walk or ride a bike, or use public transportation. ;P

I think he used that as a example other stuff could factor too like food and bills.
---
#72 Posted: 14:25:19 01/08/2014

What about the children!!!!!!!!
---
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#73 Posted: 14:51:41 01/08/2014

this is getting crazay.
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
#74 Posted: 15:02:25 01/08/2014

I think he used that as a example other stuff could factor too like food and bills.

Who needs food when Johnny can't have his Skylanders? D:
---
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#75 Posted: 15:28:15 01/08/2014
Quote:
What about the children!!!!!!!!

I dont know . Go and make some . smilie
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Eggers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1305
#76 Posted: 17:23:29 01/08/2014

The rather make their car happy than litte Johnny? That sucks.

LOL! Oh boy, you'll understand someday when you're an adult smilie While you want to do things for your children, there are basic needs that have to override the wants of kids. Basic necessities like food, clothing, etc. Unfortunately, if you'd like to get to and from your job, that's going to take money for gas or a mode of public transportation. The only differencing being if you're close enough to work that you can bike every single day through any and all weather, then go into work to change before starting. Trust me, work doesn't take the excuse of "I used my money to buy Johnny some Skylanders and I have no gas money to come in the week with." smilie
---
Rainbows are nature's rainbows!
#77 Posted: 17:48:48 01/08/2014
The jokes! They're flying over everyone's heads! XP
---
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#78 Posted: 18:35:00 01/08/2014
no.... Disney infinity must Die after marvel Super Heroes which does look cool but Not As cool As Trap Team At Least skylanders Trys New Ideas
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
#79 Posted: 18:57:01 01/08/2014

Sounds like reality, not jokes. Life sucks. And. Then. You. Die.

So let's play some Skylanders and make our woes disappear!
---
#80 Posted: 18:59:00 01/08/2014

Sounds like reality, not jokes. Life sucks. And. Then. You. Die.

So let's play some Skylanders and make our woes disappear!

XD

Yes! Skyanders fix everything! Even Johnny's broken leg! XP
---
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#81 Posted: 20:07:08 01/08/2014
Quote: skylandersspyro
no.... Disney infinity must Die after marvel Super Heroes which does look cool but Not As cool As Trap Team At Least skylanders Trys New Ideas

I don't know if Infinity needs to die, I think it's a nice and enjoyable game, but indeed Skylanders tries to innovate much more than Disney, every year. At least, so far. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#82 Posted: 20:16:56 01/08/2014
On the flip side, being able to conquer a game and command it for hours at a time with one quarter with people watching was an AWESOME feeling. We even knew the versions of the ROMS that fixed glitches in the game that people exploited...much like hackers take to Roblox with memory editors.

Don't even go there with quarters. I was a sucker for Don Bluth's animated games....and they went up to 50 cents!!

My dad LOVED giving me $5 and dropping me off at the mall...I'm sure that was the cheapest baby sitter he could afford. smilie

Fathom a time where if you wanted to use technology, you had to LEAVE the home. The idea of having computers at home didn't really come around until mid 90s. And the Internet wasn't around.

My dad did have pong on some system i was a kid so i forget., but I do miss arcades. I was born in the early 80's and as a kid I did spend tons playing the tmnt games, Simpsons, mortal kombat, and street fighter. Sadly life has moved us to home gaming and now online gaming. I do miss being with my friends in a puclic setting playing MK or Sf and meeting new ppl as we played the games in the mall or pizza place.

As for skylanders, I think they need to improve the games design, drop the wii so bugs can be fixed post release, and let the game grow up alittle after trap team. I think they need to def let the game grow up some and follow the children that started with SSA as they will at some point grow out of it if not. I'm not saying some crazy adult game, but like move into online play options etc.

If it were to die after this game, RIP skylanders you were fun, your figures were cool and I will always have you as cool figures on my shelves.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:22:45 01/08/2014 by SlayerX11
undeadmaster Gold Sparx Gems: 2126
#83 Posted: 20:51:20 01/08/2014
Skylanders won't die I don't know how I know I just do, it's probably because they will just keep getting money and that makes me happy. Oh and DI sucks, mainly because of the characters. You already know who the characters are and there's no surprise, plus the innovations suck. Seriously marvel super heroes?
---
I probably won't be back for like a year.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#84 Posted: 20:58:24 01/08/2014
Quote: undeadmaster
Skylanders won't die I don't know how I know I just do, it's probably because they will just keep getting money and that makes me happy. Oh and DI sucks, mainly because of the characters. You already know who the characters are and there's no surprise, plus the innovations suck. Seriously marvel super heroes?

This, and also the fact that you cannot play as every character whenever you want to.
Skylanders an DI are "rivals" just because of the Toys to Life mechanic. The games themselves are quite different.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
stealth Yellow Sparx Gems: 1040
#85 Posted: 21:00:14 01/08/2014
Quote: undeadmaster

Honestly, if you think marvel super heroes is the only innovation from disney then you really don't know enough to be nagging on it. I could say the same; "Seriously trappable villains?" for trap team.
And the sad thing is, that IS pretty much trap team's only innovation so far (which they will drop with next installment).
#86 Posted: 21:55:21 01/08/2014
It's not an innovation, it's a gimmick. Previous games have had it where you defeat a character and then said character is unlocked to play as, this is just a gimmicky extension on that.
AJAwesome Platinum Sparx Gems: 6271
#87 Posted: 23:53:05 01/08/2014
It would take a slight piece of me, but no where close to how much I died when Mattel stopped UB Funkeys. UB Funkeys was half the reason I got into this franchise. (The other half being Spyro...) When I had it, for once in my life, I was on top! I was a hardcore collector of those figures and I still play its games on my old Windows Vista computer, but now the story is uncompletable since the online servers were shut down. When Skylanders dies though, I will say... Another one bites the dust... smilie
---
I'm a girl. My name is Reese. :3
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#88 Posted: 04:25:47 02/08/2014

Translating from Hardcorefananese to American
I Hate Infinty Because It Brings Toys To Life.
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#89 Posted: 04:39:37 02/08/2014

Yeah I get they now have Marvel, but it's called Disney infinity 2.0 not Marvel Infinity. Also some places call it the Marvel edition. Why call it the Marvel edition if it's only available with Marvel?!
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#90 Posted: 08:47:32 02/08/2014
Quote: AJAwesome
It would take a slight piece of me, but no where close to how much I died when Mattel stopped UB Funkeys. UB Funkeys was half the reason I got into this franchise. (The other half being Spyro...) When I had it, for once in my life, I was on top! I was a hardcore collector of those figures and I still play its games on my old Windows Vista computer, but now the story is uncompletable since the online servers were shut down. When Skylanders dies though, I will say... Another one bites the dust... smilie

i feel with you, rip UB Funkeys...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Psychomancer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1374
#91 Posted: 16:52:17 02/08/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster617

Yeah I get they now have Marvel, but it's called Disney infinity 2.0 not Marvel Infinity. Also some places call it the Marvel edition. Why call it the Marvel edition if it's only available with Marvel?!

Maybe because there will be a Disney Originals starter pack coming out later this year.
---
Behold, my Catchphrase of Doom!
#92 Posted: 13:18:38 03/08/2014
Quote: Psychomancer
Quote: GhostRoaster617

Maybe because there will be a Disney Originals starter pack coming out later this year.

im looking forward to the Disney Originals starter pack, i think i will get that one.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me