Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
If This Franchise Dies... [CLOSED]
Toynerd14 Ripto Gems: 95
#1 Posted: 02:53:15 30/07/2014 | Topic Creator
A part of me will, too. I mean, this game had brought me so much joy and makes a very significant part of who I am. If Trap Team is crap and the franchise dies out, I don't know what I'll do with myself. I mean, I always have Infinity I can obsess over, but it won't be the same as Skylanders. I want this game to be good. Really, I do. Please let this game be good, TfB!
Kung Fu Man Gold Sparx Gems: 2120
#2 Posted: 02:55:09 30/07/2014
If it dies, collect other things. Or bide your time and wait for the figures you're missing to go down in price so you can collect those as well. The point is to have fun, not to obsess over them. This sadly can't last forever, we just need to accept that.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#3 Posted: 02:55:35 30/07/2014
Nothing lasts forever. The facts of life.

I bet even all of the "complainers" and "whiners" are in full agreement though.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:56:19 30/07/2014 by GhostRoaster
Eggers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1305
#4 Posted: 03:00:39 30/07/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster

Well, you know what they say: you take the good, you take the bad. You take them both... and there you have: the facts of life.
---
Rainbows are nature's rainbows!
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#5 Posted: 03:03:31 30/07/2014
Quote: Toynerd14
A part of me will, too. I mean, this game had brought me so much joy and makes a very significant part of who I am. If Trap Team is crap and the franchise dies out, I don't know what I'll do with myself. I mean, I always have Infinity I can obsess over, but it won't be the same as Skylanders. I want this game to be good. Really, I do. Please let this game be good, TfB!

Well buddy you're not alone. Skylanders is all I care about as of now since a lot of things starting to suck now and this game helped me make lots of friends. I'd hate to see this series go down, but I highly doubt it will end here. This game is way too popular and it's hardly out of ideas in my honest opinion.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#6 Posted: 03:03:57 30/07/2014
Get a job? Play sports? Join a club? Find another hobby? Date? Find other games with far less cash investment required to entertain yourself with? Plenty of things to do with yourself.
#7 Posted: 03:05:08 30/07/2014 | Topic Creator
I don't know, guys. The franchise just seems so hard to let go. Especially when it's so young and has SO much potential. It's not as simple as, leave if you're concerned.

@GothamLord: I'm 14. I can't do a couple of those things. I have a life outside of the realm of Skylanders, but it's just a franchises I've treasured and would hate to see go.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:13:05 30/07/2014 by Toynerd14
#8 Posted: 03:11:37 30/07/2014
You're still a youngin'. It'll get easier with age to let go of the little things. You can keep the good memories and think of them fondly but dont let the bad ones weight you down.
Eggers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1305
#9 Posted: 03:13:52 30/07/2014
Considering how much money they've made on these games to date, and how they probably are expecting that trend to continue, I figure you're good through at least Skylanders 5. If they've already started working on that one, it's probably a good bet that Activision will at least see that one through. I'd say you're worried about the series falling apart a little soon. Maybe this time next year if Trap Team doesn't sell very well, but I think you're safe for now.
---
Rainbows are nature's rainbows!
#10 Posted: 03:14:27 30/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: GothamLord
You're still a youngin'. It'll get easier with age to let go of the little things. You can keep the good memories and think of them fondly but dont let the bad ones weight you down.

Thanks.
#11 Posted: 03:16:18 30/07/2014
I don't know, guys. The franchise just seems so hard to let go. Especially when it's so young and has SO much potential. It's not as simple as, leave if you're concerned.

@GothamLord: I'm 14. I can't do a couple of those things. I have a life outside of the realm of Skylanders, but it's just a franchises I've treasured and would hate to see go.

No worries I know how you feel. This game means so much to me and I'm 22. A lot of my childhood didn't really make that big an impact on me overall and I love this game so much. I was a vintage gamer and most of my favorite games don't exist anymore. That's why I like this series so much, it's one of the only games I like now. At least you know I got your back on how you feel.
---
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#12 Posted: 03:18:52 30/07/2014
Quote: Eggers
Quote: GhostRoaster

Well, you know what they say: you take the good, you take the bad. You take them both... and there you have: the facts of life.

And suddenly you find out the facts of life are all about you.

Thanks.

Or you start to forget things and then it doesn't matter.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:21:15 30/07/2014 by GhostRoaster
#13 Posted: 03:22:47 30/07/2014
22? I got 10 years on top of that. You want games that don't exist anymore... I played on an original Atari and a Commodore 64. We had these things called records and Betamax in my house. smilie
#14 Posted: 03:24:52 30/07/2014
22? I got 10 years on top of that. You want games that don't exist anymore... I played on an original Atari and a Commodore 64. We had these things called records and Betamax in my house. smilie

Yeah I figured you'd say that and you are right. Just that there isn't much to like nowadays since lots of things have gotten stupid in the years, but there are other things that I like do exist.
---
#15 Posted: 03:26:41 30/07/2014 | Topic Creator

You are older than the school! (Sorry, your avatar prompted me to make the reference)
#16 Posted: 03:28:31 30/07/2014

And I got you beat. I had the hardcore pong dedicated consoles that came out a year or two BEFORE the Atari 2600, IntelliVision, ColecoVision, et all. I was playing video games in arcades before they were pixels. Most people here don't know what arcades mean---they've been striped out of maills and such. Those old enough to know will know what I mean. I thought Space Invaders was supreme, but got wow'd with Pac Man's colorful palette.

Edit: Oh yeah, it was an Odyssey circa 1976. It was also still ok to give your son toy guns and fake cigarettes. Look up Tin Can Alley. Uses light to pop a can out if the wall and uses a sensor to determine when the light hits it. Oh the memories.

[User Posted Image]

oh yeah, I'm legacy. This board demonstrates the wide appeal to this game across generations. It's good, but only if they recognize it.
---
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 03:45:32 30/07/2014 by GhostRoaster
#17 Posted: 03:35:48 30/07/2014
I miss mall arcades.... back when Street Fighter was still awesome. The amount of quarters I wasted there, I dont even wanna think of the things I could buy now with all that money. *sighs*
#18 Posted: 03:38:45 30/07/2014
On the flip side, being able to conquer a game and command it for hours at a time with one quarter with people watching was an AWESOME feeling. We even knew the versions of the ROMS that fixed glitches in the game that people exploited...much like hackers take to Roblox with memory editors.

Don't even go there with quarters. I was a sucker for Don Bluth's animated games....and they went up to 50 cents!!

My dad LOVED giving me $5 and dropping me off at the mall...I'm sure that was the cheapest baby sitter he could afford. smilie

Fathom a time where if you wanted to use technology, you had to LEAVE the home. The idea of having computers at home didn't really come around until mid 90s. And the Internet wasn't around.
---
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 03:43:13 30/07/2014 by GhostRoaster
#19 Posted: 03:45:00 30/07/2014
Dragon's Lair! Space Ace! Hellz yeah!
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#20 Posted: 03:46:45 30/07/2014
I'd personally be happy when this ends. Aside from financial reasons, I can finally set up a nice display without worrying about expanding.
#21 Posted: 03:48:19 30/07/2014
Yeah, I've seen many a great wall spaces built and presented here...but it's a never ending battle to get more space to make it all presentable. I had to resort to stuffing them in bags because it was literally taking over a room of my house. Freaky if you ask me.

EDIT: One last stroll down memory lane. I remember reading about how the original Atari developers didn't get rewarded for their work, and in turn founded Activision....not the same company now of course...but the founding fathers of the company that now releases Skylanders. I remember vividly that their games packed a lot more punch---you can tell that they had vision and wasn't afraid to pursue it. David Crane's name comes to mind. Absolutely LOVED Pitfall.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 04:00:57 30/07/2014 by GhostRoaster
Failinhearts Gold Sparx Gems: 2376
#22 Posted: 05:35:25 30/07/2014
If the franchise dies, see ya, Dark Spyro! At least I have Infinity and good ol' Sonic.

But in all seriousness, Skylanders was a game franchise near and dear to my heart and it will be a shame to see it go. But I would still have my figures to remind me of those fun (albeit expensive) memories.
---
SSA: 37/37. SG: 61/62. SSF: 73/75 STT: 42/78
Have left this forum, who knows if I'll come back...
A believer of Jesus Christ
FreezeBlade98 Blue Sparx Gems: 938
#23 Posted: 07:32:07 30/07/2014
If the Skylanders franschise dies, I'm going to be really sad. I love all the Skylanders games so much.
---
Best Trap Masters: smilie smilie smilie
Best villains: smilie smilie Tae Cwan Crow
Skylander3112 Gold Sparx Gems: 2115
#24 Posted: 07:32:30 30/07/2014
I liked Skylanders ever since I moved to Aus and got introduced to the game. It would be sad for me (and brothers) to see the game go. At least we still have Disney Infinity.
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#25 Posted: 08:17:42 30/07/2014
I actually don't care if it dies. I would just want it to die when I have everything I want in Trap Team. I am not saying I dislike the series at all. I love it but I don't mind it ending.
---
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#26 Posted: 09:09:35 30/07/2014
Don't worry, Trap Team will be good. The Trap Masters look cool, the concept of capturing villains is neat. The game is being developped by TFB, so we can expect something closer to Giants in term of level design (video of Soda Springs pretty much confirms that).
---
bye
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#27 Posted: 09:11:44 30/07/2014
I will be upset but at least I have other hobbies to occupy me.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
TTD Hunter Gems: 6201
#28 Posted: 09:45:43 30/07/2014
Even if trap team was bad (which I highly doubt), there will be at least one more games as VV is working on the 5th game as we speak. But I don't think that the franchise is gonna die anytime soon, it is in the top 20 franchises. Games that reach that height last for decades, I don't think activision would let go of a franchise that easily that has made them a billion dollars.
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#29 Posted: 10:12:19 30/07/2014
It would be bittersweet for me. I'd be glad it finally concluded, so I could get other games instead, but I'd miss being able to look forward to a new game to talk about with my family each year- there aren't many games ALL of us know how to and enjoy playing. Basically just Skylanders and Mario Kart. But honestly, I wouldn't have strong feelings about it either way.

Right now, half of them don't even know and aren't hyped that TT will be coming out. We just play SF like TT doesn't exist. I don't think if an upcoming game was cancelled, it would affect us playing that much. We actually play Giants together the MOST over SF, because it has the best PVP, which is the main thing we play together.

I wouldn't totally put down the games. I'd keep playing them, but not as much, since I've already completed them all and maxed everything out. There wouldn't be anything new to drag me in, would the franchise end, but I like the games enough I'd still replay them. I still play SA as much as SF.
I still play older games together with them, too... Even though Mario Kart 8 is out, I still play Mario Kart 7 with them, since they have copies I can play with them a lot more often and they've played it their own and are better at it than 8. Even though Mario Kart 7 has no truly new content- nothing which I haven't seen or couldn't do before- I still play it because I love it. Not as much as before, but I still do.

Pretty much the same as wreckingballbob with this. I just hope that when they end it, they've released everything for the last game so that we have a chance to get every toy.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 10:16:00 30/07/2014 by Arc of Archives
sky-dragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3206
#30 Posted: 10:13:21 30/07/2014
I would be sad if it dies I mean bash was my very first skylander back in 2011
---
"ryuujin no ken wo kurae!"
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#31 Posted: 10:25:41 30/07/2014
trap team is the beginning of the end for skylanders i'm afraid, and you can blame activision for that.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#32 Posted: 11:50:59 30/07/2014
I am sure if and when Skylanders end , Most of us will be obsessing over something else . smilie
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#33 Posted: 12:05:03 30/07/2014
Quote: Dark fhoenix
I am sure if and when Skylanders end , Most of us will be obsessing over something else . smilie

Agreed. Order of obsession for me.

2004-2010-Pokemon
2010-2012-Wizard101
2011-2014-Skylanders
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
Rickorio Gold Sparx Gems: 2463
#34 Posted: 12:32:00 30/07/2014
Well, I'd be sad for a pretty long time (like I was when Bakugan, Huntik, Chaotic, Bionicle, etc. ended). Skylanders is pretty much the only thing I truly like. Yeah, I have my games on my iPad, but those are pretty boring. This, I've been with it from the start, and I've had so many good memories because of it. It lead me to here, where I met so many awesome people, and made many new friends. I'd be really sad if they ended it.

Though (if the rumors about BIONICLE coming back are true), I will be fine after awhile.
---
#hu
sprocketrocket Emerald Sparx Gems: 3679
#35 Posted: 13:21:15 30/07/2014
I do not even have a obsession. I have multiple obsessions so when skylanders fades away I shall be sad but disney infinity will become my main obsession but as of now it is my secondary
---
"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
#36 Posted: 13:28:30 30/07/2014
Quote: CountMoneyBone
trap team is the beginning of the end for skylanders i'm afraid, and you can blame activision for that.

That was a potshot. Bring an argument, CMB.
---
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#37 Posted: 13:37:41 30/07/2014
#lego
#godzilla
#bionicle
#infinty
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:53:05 01/08/2014 by Sleepy0429
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#38 Posted: 14:14:54 30/07/2014
If this game was their last, then I'd be a little bit upset and yet relieved at the same time. At least, we won't be wasting our lives, time and money away anymore in video games. But I doubt that Skylanders will end anytime soon.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#39 Posted: 14:22:02 30/07/2014
Quote: TheShadowDragon
If this game was their last, then I'd be a little bit upset and yet relieved at the same time. At least, we won't be wasting our lives, time and money away anymore in video games. But I doubt that Skylanders will end anytime soon.

stt is not gonna be the last there will be at least two more games. but what we see here is the beginning of the end.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Punk Bomb Green Sparx Gems: 230
#40 Posted: 14:34:00 30/07/2014
When it will die, you mean. Enjoy wasting your money while it lasts. I give it until Skylanders 6 at the latest. Here's what will probably happen.

Trap Team: Several fans leave, Disney Infinity pulls ahead of Skylanders in sales this year.
Skylanders 5: Sells badly, toys for life is losing it's interest in the population. DI also suffers.
Skylanders 6: Sells terribly, the last game. Fans leave for Disney Infinity giving it a few more good games before the series is put out to pasture.
---
Give me money!
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#41 Posted: 14:34:13 30/07/2014
Quote: CountMoneyBone
stt is not gonna be the last there will be at least two more games. but what we see here is the beginning of the end.

Two more Skylanders games? Good to know.
Zylek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1920
#42 Posted: 14:47:06 30/07/2014
I think there'll be many more iterations of Skylanders, hopefully they learn from what was good and what didn't work this year and make adjustments for the future. Activision doesn't want the franchise to die. I still think this gimmick was not the original concept and was replaced midstream. That would explain much of the chaos this cycle.
---
Anyone know where my avatar is from?
LegendaryFlames Emerald Sparx Gems: 3791
#43 Posted: 14:55:30 30/07/2014
I've lost a game that was too dear to me that I think about it every day.
This game really did change me.
It made me into a creative person with a love of dragons!
It made me find some awesome things which I adore now!
It made me find the best friends you could ever have.
It was called Spore. And now it's dead.
I remember Spore for it's good memories and the fun I had on it with my friends but I have found other things for me to do now other than that old game. I'm happy as I ever was but I have a gap inside me of where that game is gone. The gap is getting smaller and smaller and getting filled with new things for me to enjoy, and hopefully someday, I won't be sad about loosing it anymore, but happy with what I've achieved after it.
This'll be like you loosing Skylanders, even though Spore was worse to loose. You'll soon push it away and move on to new things.
Trust me ^^
---
smilie@Jetbytes everywhere elsesmilie
TTD Hunter Gems: 6201
#44 Posted: 15:26:38 30/07/2014
Quote: Rickorio
Well, I'd be sad for a pretty long time like I was when Bakugan ended

I collected them before Skylanders. It was okay though because as bakugan was dying, Skylanders was released so I just focused on skylanders!
Rickorio Gold Sparx Gems: 2463
#45 Posted: 15:35:01 30/07/2014
Quote: TTD
Quote: Rickorio
Well, I'd be sad for a pretty long time like I was when Bakugan ended

I collected them before Skylanders. It was okay though because as bakugan was dying, Skylanders was released so I just focused on skylanders!

Yeah. Though, I focused mainly on the anime. It was actually pretty good (though it got worse in the final two)
---
#hu
Traptanium Green Sparx Gems: 365
#46 Posted: 15:43:29 30/07/2014

Dude I know how you feel. It is one of very few games i like, Before it was confirmed that there would be a rellease for skylanders in 2014,I thought about it often. At the end of swap force, Eon never said more adventures were around the corner like the other two and the lengend games were just a trilogy so, I thought it was ending.... Now we know that 2014 and 2015 will have a game so I'm quite happy.But if it did end after 2014 and it sold so bad they just cancelled 2015,I'd probably go to amiibo. Even it this game isn't great I'll be buying every new charecter(only 1-3 reposes not counting 1-8 elite)and probably 3-4 traps of each element as the villains look fun as ****. I may even get both starter packs(although I'll wait until it is a major discount to buy a second starter pack). I really don't see why everyone complains about the new game even if the info is a little slow.
StrikerCamo Gold Sparx Gems: 2122
#47 Posted: 15:56:32 30/07/2014
Agreed With Titanium Drago, Personally i will be really upset, when it does. 1. skylanders after all the time, by that time will be at least 7 years, I think before its done. but my-bee more call of duty acti still running and it was still running til now anyway ill be upset also cause i only started making videos to intact and eta with people and have fun! and ill be spending time to find another thing to make videos on. smilie
---
Be Sure To Check Out My Skylander Channel StrikerHero Camo!
LloydDXZX Yellow Sparx Gems: 1637
#48 Posted: 21:39:53 30/07/2014
It'll not die next year you know why? Because Activision will look weaker than Disney and it will be like ''Disney won the battle'' so not now!
---
Imaginators is making it revive.
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#49 Posted: 22:09:45 30/07/2014
I'll be sad, but It DEFINITELY won't die. before it dies, they are going to milk the franchise and get everything they can get out of it. I also wish it will die, so I don't have to keep spending so much money...
#50 Posted: 22:34:42 30/07/2014
Even if Disney wipes the floor with Activision so they are sent scurrying to the far regions of Sklyands, they have at least help to cement and create toys to life.
---
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me