darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Petition To Stickey The Prelaunch Disscussion and Speculation Thread
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Petition To Stickey The Prelaunch Disscussion and Speculation Thread
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#1 Posted: 21:37:53 28/07/2014 | Topic Creator
He there guys. Now that the everything we know topic has been closed to be Moderators only, there needs to be a place to put our news that we find. So we need to stickey the thread mentioned in the total so we can do just that. If you support tell me and I'll add you to the list.

Supporters-23
ninja9351
TrapShadowFan
GhostRoaster61
Nightmoon
uttster13
Toynerd14
Drek95
LloydDXZX
Epicpopthorn
Slobbertooth123
skylandsfan
ExcitonKnight
Eggers
legendaryfabo
milton310
spyrothe111
GIANTSRULE
casualskylands
flashwingftw
eruptshack137
Wolfgang
sky-dragon
TTD
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
Edited 8 times - Last edited at 11:17:57 29/07/2014 by ninja9351
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#2 Posted: 21:39:46 28/07/2014
Sign me up, just as long as it stays on topic so we can find the news easily!
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#3 Posted: 21:40:37 28/07/2014
I can help I hate all the negativity here and will do what I can to assist.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#4 Posted: 21:41:04 28/07/2014
I'm assuming this is going to happen anyway, don't think it matters who supports it or not, but I'm in favor of it.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
uttster13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2701
#5 Posted: 21:44:09 28/07/2014
Go ahead and jot my name down!

I think it was a foolish decision to make the Everything We Know topic Mods only.
They aren't the ones that find news, it is the average user.
---
A story.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#6 Posted: 21:44:38 28/07/2014
I agree, let's try not to be too negative nor too positive. Just critic, and helpful for the topic itself. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:45:33 28/07/2014 by Drek95
#7 Posted: 21:48:09 28/07/2014 | Topic Creator
All right I put all of you on the list!
---
skylandsfan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5289
#8 Posted: 21:48:59 28/07/2014
Why was it closed?
---
My life will not be complete until I own Sun Dragon
LloydDXZX Yellow Sparx Gems: 1637
#9 Posted: 21:50:30 28/07/2014
I can help a lot.

And also why it's closed?
---
Imaginators is making it revive.
#10 Posted: 21:50:56 28/07/2014
Quote: skylandsfan
Why was it closed?

Clearly all the negativity and being off topic caused the topic to be closed. Truth is this isn't the first time this happened. This happened last year with the Swap Force topic for ironically similar problems and they had to start all over on the topic because of the hate and ranting.
---
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:52:05 28/07/2014 by GhostRoaster617
Epic popthorn Emerald Sparx Gems: 3277
#11 Posted: 21:53:20 28/07/2014
I guess I'll support this.
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6082
#12 Posted: 21:53:54 28/07/2014
I honestly don't understand why the news topic isn't locked such that only the creator and site mods can post there and avoid all the idiocy to begin with. I'm kind of dying with a fit of the giggles over this whole stupid thing right now, tbh. XD
#13 Posted: 21:57:46 28/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: LloydDXZX
I can help a lot.

Quote: Epic popthorn
I guess I'll support this.

Added you guys to the list.
---
Slobbertooth123 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1470
#14 Posted: 21:58:03 28/07/2014
Sign me up I want to help with the news
---
Hey everyone exicted for trap team
skylandsfan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5289
#15 Posted: 22:00:09 28/07/2014
If 84skylanderdude gets in so will i
---
My life will not be complete until I own Sun Dragon
ExcitonKnight Gold Sparx Gems: 2753
#16 Posted: 22:02:20 28/07/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster617
Why was it closed?

Clearly all the negativity and being off topic caused the topic to be closed. Truth is this isn't the first time this happened. This happened last year with the Swap Force topic for ironically similar problems and they had to start all over on the topic because of the hate and ranting.

Was closing and deleting everything really necessary?
---
Merry Christmas ya filthy animal
ExcitonKnight Gold Sparx Gems: 2753
#17 Posted: 22:03:09 28/07/2014
And I will support this the best I can smilie
---
Merry Christmas ya filthy animal
#18 Posted: 22:06:05 28/07/2014
I never said it was the preferred way, it's just what they do to clear out the pointless hate. Honestly it's not that good a move and is only confusing they do it, but it's a fact.
---
#19 Posted: 22:08:19 28/07/2014
That's true I mean they didn't have to erase all our posts and all our commets just because people were hating. I believe they could have handled the situation a better way.
---
Eggers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1305
#20 Posted: 22:08:30 28/07/2014
Question: are you looking to sticky the already existing discussion thread or start a new one? I would agree that there should be two threads: one that is closed except for certain people who can post news and another for open discussion. If the news topic is closed to most, then you can ensure that only news gets posted. Any reaction to the news or any thoughts and feelings on the game itself should be separated into it's own discussion thread. Is what you are thinking, Ninja? By the way, I do support this idea.
---
Rainbows are nature's rainbows!
#21 Posted: 22:20:57 28/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Slobbertooth123

If 84skylanderdude gets in so will i

Quote: ExcitonKnight
And I will support this the best I can smilie

Quote: Eggers
Question: are you looking to sticky the already existing discussion thread or start a new one? I would agree that there should be two threads: one that is closed except for certain people who can post news and another for open discussion. If the news topic is closed to most, then you can ensure that only news gets posted. Any reaction to the news or any thoughts and feelings on the game itself should be separated into it's own discussion thread. Is what you are thinking, Ninja? By the way, I do support this idea.

Yes that's what I'm thinking by the way your all added to the list.
---
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#22 Posted: 22:24:36 28/07/2014
Why is the All We Know thread closed and has one post? Did someone do a rage delete?
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
legendaryfabo Gold Sparx Gems: 2968
#23 Posted: 22:26:50 28/07/2014
I'll support it
---
Hi
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#24 Posted: 22:29:33 28/07/2014
When a said 'would be a good idea to have it moderator-only' I said right after it wouldn't work because mods won't get the news the fastest.
Not supporting this because it's better with no posts than biased ones, but I'd like to hear Bionicle on why he did that instead of just cleaning up posts and issuing out Off-topic warnings as it should be.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#25 Posted: 22:30:29 28/07/2014
You guys can support it by elevating your posting style, bring an in depth critique / praise of TT and POST. It's as simple as that.

BitFrost: No one's opinion is worth more or less. Everyone's opinion is biased. I'm fine with it, just keep that in mind. If folks can't do that then have a PRO thread and CON thread.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:37:23 28/07/2014 by GhostRoaster
#26 Posted: 22:31:55 28/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: GhostRoaster
Why is the All We Know thread closed and has one post? Did someone do a rage delete?

Probably, which is interesting considering it's unlike Bionicle to rage, now Matteo I could see that with but I'm not going to bring up my issues with him here.

Quote: legendaryfabo
I'll support it

Added to the list.
---
Eggers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1305
#27 Posted: 22:32:25 28/07/2014
Quote: Bifrost
When a said 'would be a good idea to have it moderator-only' I said right after it wouldn't work because mods won't get the news the fastest.
Not supporting this because it's better with no posts than biased ones, but I'd like to hear Bionicle on why he did that instead of just cleaning up posts and issuing out Off-topic warnings as it should be.

Anything that wasn't news would have to be deleted. You're looking at probably 90% of those 75 pages. News is exactly that: news. Any reactions, including people who respond to the news saying that it's so cool what they are revealing, that's not news. There was a great deal of discussion going on in that thread, both positive and negative.
---
Rainbows are nature's rainbows!
milton310 Blue Sparx Gems: 958
#28 Posted: 22:34:43 28/07/2014
I will support it obviously.

I can also help elevate the postings if you need it.
---
"One choice can lead to a change to the metagame"
Member of the Smogon OU/Ban Committee
Head of Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire Tiering List
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#29 Posted: 22:35:42 28/07/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster617
Why was it closed?

Off topic is everyones fault in the thread. People would continue to go off topic to spur conversation, and people in turn responded. It was a vicious cycle. The topic should have always been locked except for when updates happened. What some keep calling "negativity" and "hate" is actually concerned criticism. It seems however that a lot of people cant wrap their head around the difference. That aside. I doubt we really need the Prelaunch thread stickied. It'll stay at the top so long as people keep talking about it.
#30 Posted: 22:36:21 28/07/2014
Quote: Eggers

Anything that wasn't news would have to be deleted. You're looking at probably 90% of those 75 pages. News is exactly that: news. Any reactions, including people who respond to the news saying that it's so cool what they are revealing, that's not news. There was a great deal of discussion going on in that thread, both positive and negative.

He had several posts saying he'd clean up the thread sometime. He deleted pictures and links that ARE actual news that not everyone would remember to save. If that's him at all,Bionicle's not the only mod around here.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:36:39 28/07/2014 by Bifrost
#31 Posted: 22:41:00 28/07/2014
Quote: GothamLord
Off topic is everyones fault in the thread. People would continue to go off topic to spur conversation, and people in turn responded. It was a vicious cycle. The topic should have always been locked except for when updates happened. What some keep calling "negativity" and "hate" is actually concerned criticism. It seems however that a lot of people cant wrap their head around the difference. That aside. I doubt we really need the Prelaunch thread stickied. It'll stay at the top so long as people keep talking about it.

I agree...next time have a "All We Know" thread that is news only and locked except for the initiator, and have a general discussion thread where any and all praise and critiques can be submitted.

Dont need a sticky...let the topic stay or die based on community interest I say.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:44:25 28/07/2014 by GhostRoaster
#32 Posted: 22:43:34 28/07/2014 | Topic Creator
The biggest issue with locking the all we know topic is the face that now when news is revealed we will have thousands of topics.
---
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#33 Posted: 22:45:56 28/07/2014
Why would we have thousands? Random people made their own topics anways when we got news even though there was a news thread. People can post in the general thread, the news thread gets update once anything we get in confirmed. Its fairly straight forward. Mods should close duplicate threads or combine them into the general thread.
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#34 Posted: 22:45:57 28/07/2014
Anti-sign. If the thread has enough activity, it'll stay near the top. Otherwise, let it die. Sticky threads should be few and far between.
#35 Posted: 22:46:15 28/07/2014
Quote: ninja9351
The biggest issue with locking the all we know topic is the face that now when news is revealed we will have thousands of topics.

Having one didn't stop people in Swap Force though. It's happening less in this board (probably users got the hang of the stickied threads by now) but as it gets closer to release maybe people would be posting about their finds in separate thread regardless of the attempts to organize things around here.
---
spyrothe111 Ripto Gems: 3702
#36 Posted: 22:46:28 28/07/2014
*Signs*
GIANTSRULE Yellow Sparx Gems: 1660
#37 Posted: 23:26:46 28/07/2014
Im in smilie
---
"Taking Charge"
#38 Posted: 23:42:12 28/07/2014
Or they use the Pre Launch Thread. And btw, thread there or people create needless threads already. So, that's not going to change.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:42:58 28/07/2014 by GhostRoaster
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#39 Posted: 00:41:46 29/07/2014
I don't see the need to sticky it. Not saying I don't like that thread, just that it will die out when no one cares anymore.
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#40 Posted: 00:53:36 29/07/2014
I still hold to my opinion that the existing thread should have been retconned into a discussion thread, because there was so much discussion there anyway, while an info compilation topic only mods could post in would exist separately. Yes, bio and Matteo couldn't update the compilation thread instantly, but it would mainly be for archiving videos etc. and providing a thread where you wouldn't need to dig through discussion to find news or articles. If you only rarely wanted to check for news, very quickly, you could do so by staying subbed to the topic and checking for a new post once in a while. Besides, they wouldn't be able to instantly delete chitchat, were the topic public and many non-news posts were made.

Now I feel guilty because I love the criticism (well... parts of it) and love criticising and I've posted about that, but it seems like a lot of people on this site are really upset about it and some posts are going too far and this part of the forum is collapsing because of it. :s I have more specific thoughts about this "the criticism in ewk was whiny!" argument, but I'm keeping them to myself.
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#41 Posted: 01:07:28 29/07/2014
Hello, I guess I better wrap some things up.

Quote: uttster13
I think it was a foolish decision to make the Everything We Know topic Mods only.
They aren't the ones that find news, it is the average user.

Why was it closed?

Quote: LloydDXZX
I can help a lot.

It's not about the mods finding news or not letting you regular users find news. In the end, when you posted news in the topic you'd have to wait for me or Matt to update it to the main post anyway - it's not as if I've made a publicly available space a moderator only topic because the first post that was always moderator only should have always been the place people looked.

The topic wasn't being used for news, so it got out of hand.

Quote: Bifrost

I went through a time where I didn't clear out any posts because I didn't have much free time on my hands to go through 10 pages a day. I had hoped Matt would help clear out some stuff, but that didn't happen.

That's true I mean they didn't have to erase all our posts and all our commets just because people were hating. I believe they could have handled the situation a better way.

It wasn't about people hating the game or anything - I don't really like this game, I'd be a hypocrite to do that.

Quote: ninja9351

If anything, I hoped the opposite would happen. The news topic means that people post in there, someone makes a thread and then they're told 'this is old news'. If people find news, they should post it in a new topic so if you're not regular to the 'everything we know' topic then you're not missing out and it's clear what news is being discussed on what topic.

This is the most important thing IMO, to encourage discussion outside of one topic where there can be a lot of cross communication going on.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:08:42 29/07/2014 by bionicle2809
#42 Posted: 01:18:22 29/07/2014
Don't disagree, but there's some value in the thread that just got clipped that should be restored somewhere, in my opinion.
---
#43 Posted: 01:20:13 29/07/2014
Well thank u for taking your time and explaining to us the reasons for doing that. I really appreciate that
---
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#44 Posted: 01:21:33 29/07/2014
Sorry about not doing it earlier, I thought if I left for a few hours some of the dust would settle/there would be questions I could answer in bulk rather than repeating topics/messages about why I closed the topic.
#45 Posted: 01:53:08 29/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: bionicle2809
Sorry about not doing it earlier, I thought if I left for a few hours some of the dust would settle/there would be questions I could answer in bulk rather than repeating topics/messages about why I closed the topic.

So the ultimate question is, can the Prelaunch Disscussion and Speculation thread be sticked?
---
casualskylands Red Sparx Gems: 22
#46 Posted: 02:39:54 29/07/2014
can i be added to the list please i promise ill keep on topic
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:43:50 29/07/2014 by casualskylands
#47 Posted: 02:46:06 29/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Alright everyone who requested is now on the list.
---
flashwingftw Emerald Sparx Gems: 3319
#48 Posted: 02:49:05 29/07/2014
Add me plz.
---
The PinkPrint is on iTunes now! #TeamMinaj
Been here for 3 years and still can't figure out why half of the people are so damn rude.
R.I.P to my wallet
#49 Posted: 03:09:19 29/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Sure thing!
---
eruptshake137 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1436
#50 Posted: 03:23:29 29/07/2014
SIGN. ME. FREAKIN'. UP.
---
Prepare for trouble. Make it double.

CATS
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me