darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Trap team figures already in Gamestop?!?!?!?!?!?!
Page 1 of 1
Trap team figures already in Gamestop?!?!?!?!?!?!
Str8ballin Red Sparx Gems: 50
#1 Posted: 00:12:02 21/07/2014 | Topic Creator
I recently visited some family in Little Rock, Arkansas. I went to a local gamestop and had an interesting conversation with one of the employees. I asked if they would be restocking any skylanders soon (the selection of skylanders was very small) and he stated that they just got in a bunch of skylanders including some from trap team. His exact words were, "we just got a bunch of new characters and I think we even got some from skylanders 4." He didn't seem very knowledgable at all and I don't think he knew what he was talking about but you never know. So what do you guys think, was this guy telling the truth or was he completely clueless?
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#2 Posted: 00:15:38 21/07/2014
There is clearly no reason to believe TT figures came in stock in July, for a game that isnt even finished yet, or to be released until October.
min8or Yellow Sparx Gems: 1030
#3 Posted: 00:17:30 21/07/2014
i think if they were in stock already some sticky fingered, amoral employee would have already put them on ebay
---
271figures+11Vehicles+55Traps(+Outlaw,Riot,Steamed,Rebel,Steampunk)+38Magic Items
TrapTeamNeeded:Life and Water Minis (s2)
ShaneK Yellow Sparx Gems: 1736
#4 Posted: 00:19:13 21/07/2014
Didn't the OP just get Gnorc'd for similar posts a few days ago?
skylandsfan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5272
#5 Posted: 00:21:47 21/07/2014
I need proof sorry
---
My life will not be complete until I own Sun Dragon
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#6 Posted: 00:29:33 21/07/2014
Maybe he meant stuff like Doom Stone and Jade Fire Kraken because they are just released.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#7 Posted: 00:40:12 21/07/2014
They probably just started with the production of Trap Team figures.

They're clueless.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#8 Posted: 00:49:37 21/07/2014
NEVER trust a gamestop employee. They never know what they're talking about, especially when it comes to skylanders.
#9 Posted: 01:00:23 21/07/2014
Quote: Str8ballin
I like skylanders... sike this game is wack

Sike I actually like skylanders

Sike nah it's wack you know wat I be sayin

But I'm actually doing a skylanders giveaway

Sike I be lying

Also did you hear the new magic trap master named Quick Sand...I preordered it at gamestop today.

Google cache http://webcache.googleusercont...n&ct=clnk&gl=au

Posted in the "News" topic, then deleted.
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#10 Posted: 01:35:50 21/07/2014
Well the person's name is "Str8ballin" after all...

[User Posted Image]
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#11 Posted: 01:37:38 21/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: ShaneK
I like skylanders... sike this game is wack

Sike I actually like skylanders

Sike nah it's wack you know wat I be sayin

But I'm actually doing a skylanders giveaway

Sike I be lying

Also did you hear the new magic trap master named Quick Sand...I preordered it at gamestop today.

Google cache http://webcache.googleusercont...n&ct=clnk&gl=au

Posted in the "News" topic, then deleted.

All those comments were just for fun. I occasionally looked at darkspyro but never made a account. I felt it was getting kind of dull and thought that people could use some amusement. It was all just for laughs and I didn't expect to get reported or gnorced. Again it was all just for fun. However, this is true. I did speak to a gamestop employee and this is what he said.
#12 Posted: 01:42:58 21/07/2014
^
Fair enough, but I don't believe you.
#13 Posted: 01:45:38 21/07/2014 | Topic Creator
^

To each his own
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#14 Posted: 01:47:11 21/07/2014
^

To each his own

And everyone doesn't care. Gamestop employees are door knobs.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
skylandsfan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5272
#15 Posted: 01:47:26 21/07/2014
Just close this topic please!
---
My life will not be complete until I own Sun Dragon
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#16 Posted: 04:12:34 21/07/2014
Ask him to show you the stuff, if they really are (which they likely aren't) then we may just get some news in the form of a figure.

I would laugh if they actually had a trap already smilie
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#17 Posted: 04:17:07 21/07/2014
The guy at my GameStop told me they already had figures in for Skylanders 5. He started to tell me more, but then these guys from Activision came in and beat him up.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#18 Posted: 08:51:32 21/07/2014
dont forget this post...
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=103645
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#19 Posted: 08:56:11 21/07/2014
Gamestop employee are random spawned NPC. They has programmed lines.
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
MoonlitCynder Gold Sparx Gems: 2589
#20 Posted: 14:36:54 21/07/2014
Hey guys, you know being a Gamestop empolyee it's really rude to see all these hate comments about them. Yes most if them don't know, I work with said people, but I know what they are and how they work. So knock it off saying that every Gamestop employee has no idea about Skylanders. They're out there you need to look harder.
---
37/37 + BsmilieTF+GITDsmilieRsmilieE3smilieFlockedsmilieGITDsmilieAsmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
48/48 + 6/6 Legendary+smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie+ smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#21 Posted: 14:42:40 21/07/2014
Quote: MoonlitCynder
Hey guys, you know being a Gamestop empolyee it's really rude to see all these hate comments about them. Yes most if them don't know, I work with said people, but I know what they are and how they work. So knock it off saying that every Gamestop employee has no idea about Skylanders. They're out there you need to look harder.

Exactly. Some are educated like the manager of my Gamestop knows a lot about Skylanders, however a female employee the other week was trying to get me to preorder the new Trap Team Figures like Thor and Iron Man.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
#22 Posted: 14:51:50 21/07/2014

I recommend you dont take some of the comments against your professional personally. It'd the same as when people refer to all lawyers as soulless, heartless, liars. Certain jobs develop certain negative stereotypes. Working in law enforcement I get to deal will all sorts of negative comments regarding the police daily. You learn to just roll with it most the time and tune people out for things like that. Do your best to prove them wrong when the situation presents itself.
#23 Posted: 21:26:59 21/07/2014
Quote: ninja9351

Exactly. Some are educated like the manager of my Gamestop knows a lot about Skylanders, however a female employee the other week was trying to get me to preorder the new Trap Team Figures like Thor and Iron Man.

There is no words to describe someone who thinks Disney Infinity is skylanders
---
#24 Posted: 21:42:21 21/07/2014
Well there are words, but they arent very nice. smilie
#25 Posted: 03:43:11 22/07/2014
Quote: GothamLord

I recommend you dont take some of the comments against your professional personally. It'd the same as when people refer to all lawyers as soulless, heartless, liars. Certain jobs develop certain negative stereotypes. Working in law enforcement I get to deal will all sorts of negative comments regarding the police daily. You learn to just roll with it most the time and tune people out for things like that. Do your best to prove them wrong when the situation presents itself.

Moonlit--do you watch all of those anti-Gamestop videos on youtube and cry at night? Knock it off? Sure, as soon as Gamestop employees stop trying to sell me a used disk as new. Deal with the fact that some people have strong opinions about your company. Heck, people knock the company I work for all the time. Goes with the territory. Suck it up, buttercup. I'm sure you're good and the exception. Yeah, let's go with that.

Remember kids, the Internet can be a scary place.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 03:48:16 22/07/2014 by GhostRoaster
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#26 Posted: 15:56:08 22/07/2014
I've met many a good employee at Gamestop (and I worked there waaaaay back when it was Electronics Boutique), but there are many, many doorknobs. And their policies turn most of the good ones into doorknobs as well.

Strike one: Their policy of opening new games then selling them as new is really bad. It's not hard to get display boxes, they do this because they are cheap and can get away with it most of the time (they sure do seem to be able to get them just fine for pre-order advertisements...). And they can't even use the excuse for opened games that they let you return games you don't like like they used to do. If I'm buying a new game, I want it sealed, not a manhandled display box with the guts hastily thrown in the drawer. Other stores give discounts for display copies, Gamestop can too. I have more than once (and I don't shop there often) refused a purchase because they tried to pull this on me saying they didn't have anymore. And I definitely don't want a scratched used copy for $5 less that full price with all of the included codes already redeemed.

Strike two: I have several times in the past been denied pre-order bonuses because they "ran out". That's crap, they know how many they have sold. Employees help themselves, then leave customers out in the cold. I don't care if you grab one from a game that came out a month ago, but if I show up on release day with a pre-order I did well in advance, you better have my bonus if you want me to not demand a refund. I wasn't told there was a limited supply when you were hassling me about pre-orders every time I go to the register.

Strike three: Fanboy employees. I understand not every employee will be up on every game, that's inevitable. But don't tell me some game series or console is crap because it doesn't have the bestest version of Madden or Call of Duty. It's fine if you suggest alternatives you think I might like, but I like my WiiU and don't need you telling me how much better the Playstation is because of games I don't like.

You may be the diamond in the rough of a Gamestop employee, but tell me every one of those things aren't true in many, many cases. You probably work with people that are guilty some or all of those

All of that and a distinct lack of decent sale and regular prices. If you want a decent game within three months of release from Gamestop, you are paying full retail, period. Every other retailer has a habit of offering decent deals on recent releases very quickly.
boomerfan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1602
#27 Posted: 18:02:49 22/07/2014
it seems there is another employee rumor going around then!
---
smilieBRING THE BOOM!smilie
#28 Posted: 18:26:07 22/07/2014
I'm not taking these comments personal but I just wanted to address the situation. Gamestop isn't the only place where this lack of knowledge is a problem. Many of the other stores that carry Skylanders have no idea what's going on. It just bothers me that people always hate on Gamestop first.
---
37/37 + BsmilieTF+GITDsmilieRsmilieE3smilieFlockedsmilieGITDsmilieAsmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
48/48 + 6/6 Legendary+smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie+ smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Kung Fu Man Gold Sparx Gems: 2120
#29 Posted: 18:31:43 22/07/2014
Ugh, tell me about it. I'll be in the back at work enjoying my lunch and have someone come back there to hit me up for info because a customer is asking something about the game. Then again they do that to me on just about everything else too so no rest for the wicked I guess...
Wolfgang Gold Sparx Gems: 2044
#30 Posted: 18:47:16 22/07/2014
I've actually received pretty good service regarding Skylanders at Gamestop. On the day they had the BOGO sale, another customer pulled the last Freeze Blade off the shelf right as I was approaching, and he was one of the last normal variants I needed. I spoke with the employee, and he had a nearby Gamestop hold onto their Freeze Blade for me, sold me the Hoot Loop I wanted (along with the extra Spy Rise I didn't need) and said I could return the Spy Rise for a Freeze Blade there. All and all, I was pretty pleased with how he handled the situation.
---
♫Cheap smoke, risin' like a spirit in the- soft glow of a New York street.
No glamour or garb can hide the animal heart inside of me.♫
xXBeavcoonXx Gold Sparx Gems: 2628
#31 Posted: 19:20:50 22/07/2014
Quote: Wolfgang
I've actually received pretty good service regarding Skylanders at Gamestop. On the day they had the BOGO sale, another customer pulled the last Freeze Blade off the shelf right as I was approaching, and he was one of the last normal variants I needed. I spoke with the employee, and he had a nearby Gamestop hold onto their Freeze Blade for me, sold me the Hoot Loop I wanted (along with the extra Spy Rise I didn't need) and said I could return the Spy Rise for a Freeze Blade there. All and all, I was pretty pleased with how he handled the situation.

Not this exact situation has happened to me, but there are 2 people who work at my local Gamestop who know a lot about Skylanders. They have helped me a lot the last three years.
---
now its time to get funky
#32 Posted: 19:21:17 22/07/2014
Quote: Kung Fu Man
Ugh, tell me about it. I'll be in the back at work enjoying my lunch and have someone come back there to hit me up for info because a customer is asking something about the game. Then again they do that to me on just about everything else too so no rest for the wicked I guess...

Haha, I had my boss text me a question about the game! Seems like knowing about it gives everyone else the right to not to know anything.
---
uttster13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2701
#33 Posted: 20:36:44 22/07/2014
Most of the guys at my GameStop are fans of the series, and once, when I was about the only person in the store, I had a pretty lengthy discussion with them, and the manager even showed me a picture of his mint collection and Crystal Wham-Shell. They aren't doorknobs, except for the only girl there. She has no idea about any of the games.
---
A story.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#34 Posted: 20:49:25 22/07/2014
i know a guy at a target by my house who hates skylanders.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#35 Posted: 20:58:25 22/07/2014
I'm not taking these comments personal but I just wanted to address the situation. Gamestop isn't the only place where this lack of knowledge is a problem. Many of the other stores that carry Skylanders have no idea what's going on. It just bothers me that people always hate on Gamestop first.

Oh, my issues with Gamestop have absolutely ZERO to do with Skylanders. I do not expect completely accurate answers from employees that probably don't even play the game. They want to tell you something, but that's another of my Gamestop issues - corporate tells so very little to the stores, on anything other than the big deal releases - which isn't hard to find out anyways. If they can't slap a pre-order on it, they got nothing for you other than what the employee might have dug up on his own or heard from another customer. I don't blame them from trying to help, even if it is inaccurate second hand info.

My only real peeve directly related to how Gamestop does Skylanders is how they skim the cases at the warehouses for chase variants. I'm surprised Activision hasn't done anything about that yet. If Activision wanted chases to be sold for a premium or package deal, they would make the package or ship cases of them. Store employees have zero influence over that one, of course - that's just corporate being greedy.
#36 Posted: 23:59:37 22/07/2014
The GameStop I had been going to for years recently got a new manager transferred in from another store that had closed. I came in with my wife like I normally do on one of my weekend visits. Ignoring the fact completely that he was behind the counter wearing nothing to indicate he was an employee I looked around and didnt find anything of note for myself. My wife however found a WiiU game she wanted to try used and we went to pick it up. The other employee there was one that has known me for years. He wasnt a manager or anything but he's been there for awhile so he knew that I was a police officer. He proceeded to ring me up with my normal police discount. The new manager of course stopped him and asked what was going on. The employee explained to him who I was and why he was giving it to me. New manager got a bit of an attitude because I wasnt in uniform and they only gave that discount to uniformed officers. Now I've been working shift work for awhile. I am normally on a midnight shift. Because of that, when I am working the store is closed, unless its a midnight release. I said they normally gave it to me anyways, and it was a key factor of why I gave them return business. I certainly don't need the discount though, and I wasnt going to get the other guy in trouble so it wasnt a big deal. The conversation however at that point continued to go down hill as the manager kept talking.

Summing up the conversation rather than type another three paragraphs of it, he basically implied that police were only good for one thing, and it was to dissuade criminals from coming into the store to steal things. Now as someone thats been in law enforcement I have been in situations where people insults me, my mother, and every member of my family and the dog. I have been called slurs, maybe of which dont even make sense given I'm Caucasian, but I get called random things anyways. I've been called insults to religions I dont practice and had people imply bigoted comments regarding sexuality. Needless to say I just continued to smile to move things along to get my transaction done. My wife however, who generally doesnt deal with such things didnt care well to the manager insulting me or my profession.

Speeding things along again, when she called him out on it, it continued to go downhill and about that time the veiled insults stared towards my wife. As well as the statement of. "GameStop didnt need your money". Of course with that I told them to keep said game and I would take my business else where. The poor other employee of course was standing there slackjawed the entire time. Likely unsure how to even handle the situation. He boss of course pretty much running out a customer that had been loyal for over 10+ years.

I of course called the corporate, and spoke with the district manager regarding the situation. Corporate of course was flabbergasted by what I told them and was quick to apologize. The district manager however seemed to brush me off during the conversation, and then didnt return two separate phone calls, or emails. At this point I've pretty much written off GameStop from any further business.
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#37 Posted: 01:52:02 23/07/2014
Where are you, Gotham?
#38 Posted: 02:31:36 23/07/2014
I agree though that although I despise some of the business practices Gamestop applies, I too understand that they apply pressure to employees to apply these to their marketing techniques. I also understand that on many occasions I've been very pleasantly surprised with the customer service/attitutde of employees. I'm fine with people that don't know. I have a problem that don't know and purport to know. I tend to get that more often at Gamestop than at other places. Hope this clarifies, Moonlit. Back on topic...the mystery skylanders....
---
YerMomsFaceHere Blue Sparx Gems: 839
#39 Posted: 02:36:47 23/07/2014
I had a gamestop employee try to endlessly peddle me into buying the "upgraded" rewards program...after saying "NO" multiple times she still refused to get the message by ending our conversation with " you really dont know how much you are missing out on".... WTF is that? What I should've said was " I would consider the rewards program if you had a skylander selection larger than a 25 inch flat screen monitor. "
---
Sugar momma's , look no further!
#40 Posted: 02:39:03 23/07/2014
He was trying to make his sales quota so he won't be fired.
---
#41 Posted: 02:50:07 23/07/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster
I agree though that although I despise some of the business practices Gamestop applies, I too understand that they apply pressure to employees to apply these to their marketing techniques. I also understand that on many occasions I've been very pleasantly surprised with the customer service/attitutde of employees. I'm fine with people that don't know. I have a problem that don't know and purport to know. I tend to get that more often at Gamestop than at other places. Hope this clarifies, Moonlit. Back on topic...the mystery skylanders....

I understand, and I agree there are some time when people who are in the business shouldn't be or don't fully grasp what their job really is.

Anyway, the mystery SKU's that I mentioned in another topic were still in our computer when I was in on Saturday. There were multiple ones for $14.99, trap masters I assume. Two for $39.98, my guess is new adventure packs? And one for $5.99 which I assume is a trap. They all say AVAILBLE SKU which means they can be chaged or removed totally. They're all listed under Toys though which is where the other figure preorders live
---
#42 Posted: 03:05:02 23/07/2014
Quote: obidawsn
Where are you, Gotham?

Maryland, Baltimore/DC area
Concept Yellow Sparx Gems: 1073
#43 Posted: 06:35:47 23/07/2014
Game Stop - just like every other retail store in the US - has good employees and bad. I wouldn't write off the whole franchise just because of a few doorknobs.

MoonlitCynder - thanks for the updates!!
#44 Posted: 13:03:40 23/07/2014
Quote: Concept
Game Stop - just like every other retail store in the US - has good employees and bad. I wouldn't write off the whole franchise just because of a few doorknobs.

MoonlitCynder - thanks for the updates!!

You're welcome! Hope they get names or actual things soon so I can keep all of you updated! smilie
---
OimakKamio Yellow Sparx Gems: 1643
#45 Posted: 14:10:54 23/07/2014
I used to work at GameStop, i went to work for a friend, but he's still the manager of the only GameStop store that i will ever go to. Its in West Des Moines, IA, the whole staff is knowledgable. If they dont know the answer they find it, they just don't blindly say yes or no without knowing.
---
Lioned33 PS4
LORD OIMAK XBOX
Eggers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1305
#46 Posted: 19:26:14 23/07/2014
I understand, and I agree there are some time when people who are in the business shouldn't be or don't fully grasp what their job really is.

Anyway, the mystery SKU's that I mentioned in another topic were still in our computer when I was in on Saturday. There were multiple ones for $14.99, trap masters I assume. Two for $39.98, my guess is new adventure packs? And one for $5.99 which I assume is a trap. They all say AVAILBLE SKU which means they can be chaged or removed totally. They're all listed under Toys though which is where the other figure preorders live

I certainly hope those aren't the new adventure packs! Haven't they been $25? Like &#@*&( I'll pay a $80 for two extra levels and two $10 characters.
---
Rainbows are nature's rainbows!
#47 Posted: 21:06:20 23/07/2014
Quote: Eggers

I certainly hope those aren't the new adventure packs! Haven't they been $25? Like &#@*&( I'll pay a $80 for two extra levels and two $10 characters.

Maybe they are side accessories? (Like storage boxes)
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me