darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Why Are They Being Such Butts About Info?
Page 1 of 1
Why Are They Being Such Butts About Info? [CLOSED]
Toynerd14 Ripto Gems: 95
#1 Posted: 22:14:03 18/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Info creates hype. Hype creates potential customers. Customers who will likely buy your product on launch. Buying said product will give Activision money. This is simple logic here.
uttster13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2701
#2 Posted: 22:29:35 18/07/2014
I personally think that they just like to mess with us.
---
A story.
#3 Posted: 22:31:53 18/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: uttster13
I personally think that they just like to mess with us.

What if all this was just to lead up to San Diego Comic Con. That's where all the info will explode.
#4 Posted: 22:33:18 18/07/2014
I bet they're not even going to show anything new.
Probably what they showed at E3, but with Torch and Gearshift.
---
A story.
#5 Posted: 22:34:10 18/07/2014 | Topic Creator
I bet they're not even going to show anything new.
Probably what they showed at E3, but with Torch and Gearshift.

Torch was playable at E3...
#6 Posted: 22:36:01 18/07/2014
Oh yeah.
I forgot about that.
Well, I definitely want to see Gearshift gameplay so I can decide to preorder her or wait for later.
---
A story.
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#7 Posted: 23:07:57 18/07/2014
I sure hope SDCC is where most of our questions will be solved. Even I after so long am losing hope at this very moment.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
ShaneK Yellow Sparx Gems: 1736
#8 Posted: 23:08:30 18/07/2014
Quote: Toynerd14
Info creates hype. Hype creates potential customers. Customers who will likely buy your product on launch. Buying said product will give Activision money. This is simple logic here.

Timing.

Hype fades quickly over time, if they release the best info in the weeks just before launch then people will be more "hyped".

Quote: Zylek
The reason Acti and TfB are secretive is to make hype for the game.
Without hype, there's no reason to buy the game right at the launch.

Or....many of the details are still in motion and aren't locked down yet.

Withholding details about how the game will work doesn't create hype to me, it just makes people skeptical as to what is going on. The game play and those explained details SHOULD be what creates the hype.

As you said, game play and explanations create hype. See above regarding timing.
#9 Posted: 23:30:33 18/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: ShaneK
Quote: Toynerd14

Timing.

Hype fades quickly over time, if they release the best info in the weeks just before launch then people will be more "hyped".

Quote: Zylek
The reason Acti and TfB are secretive is to make hype for the game.
Without hype, there's no reason to buy the game right at the launch.

Or....many of the details are still in motion and aren't locked down yet.

Withholding details about how the game will work doesn't create hype to me, it just makes people skeptical as to what is going on. The game play and those explained details SHOULD be what creates the hype.

As you said, game play and explanations create hype. See above regarding timing.

They should at least try to generate that hype by giving us some gameplay every once in a while. Maybe a character trailer or two a month. So that when it gets to big reveals, it won't feel like we're getting next to nothing in the info department.
Dyno-Mite Ripto Gems: 92
#10 Posted: 00:02:07 19/07/2014
Because they can.
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#11 Posted: 00:51:43 19/07/2014
Because that's how it works. I'd rather not know almost everything months before the release.
---
bye
#12 Posted: 00:55:01 19/07/2014
I want some of the traps to be a surprise for release.
---
A story.
#13 Posted: 00:55:25 19/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: newkill
Because that's how it works. I'd rather not know almost everything months before the release.

Same here! I'd at least like some info about the game. Especially when they give us jack squat to talk about. We still have tons of questions about the that are unsolved. The same questions that got answered last year! Like heroics, quests, a breakdown of characters, etc. this stuff we should know by now.

EDIT: Spell check can go suck it!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:01:23 19/07/2014 by Toynerd14
Zylek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1920
#14 Posted: 04:42:11 19/07/2014
Number one question, will traps be supported in Skylanders 5+? If not, at most I'll buy one trap of each element and probably won't even do that far.

We spent probably $550+ on SSF and the kids got bored of it by early December until Sheep Wreck Island came out and we played it for another couple hours. I can tell you that we didn't get 10+ games worth of enjoyment out that money. ROI was terrible for SSF in my opinion and if the traps are a one and done, the ROI on the traps appears to be bad as well.
---
Anyone know where my avatar is from?
min8or Yellow Sparx Gems: 1030
#15 Posted: 06:49:33 19/07/2014
If you look at it that way, all 3 of the Skylanders games have been ridiculously expensive. For me, the Starter Pack and 6 Swappers came out of my video game budget, whilst the rest of the figures came out of my "merchandise and collectables" budget, usually reserved for my collection of Pop! Vinyls, Heroclix and similar figures.
so it was a $200 game, still a bit pricey, but i feel i got/am getting 2 games worth of enjoyment out of it so its okay with me.

On an unrelated note, i wish games were $55 here instead of $80-$100 for a new release title.

Back on topic: I agree with the Traps in Skylanders 5 question needing an answer, it is possible it has something to do with the other company making the 5th game, Vicarious visions i believe? i'm not 100% sure. someone on here said VV and TFB are alternating who's making the games, so maybe they are competing within the skylanders brand and don't wanna show their hand.

Thats really the only question that will have any impact for me. I am already committed to buying the game and getting all figures, as i can't see them changing the formula from the past 3 games, so i pretty much know what this game will be like. which is fine with me, i have enjoyed the past 3 games.

But even then, I am decided in getting at the least 1 trap of each Sculpture, so that question being answered probably wouldn't change what i'm purchasing.
Unless the Traps register in this game and the next as their Element and Sculpture, Life Torch Trap, not just Life Trap.

I also feel most other games don't release much info on gameplay apart from their "pre-order Intro" until about a month before they're released, so i think the info we've gotten so far, this far away from the launch date is heaps. but again, thats just me.
---
271figures+11Vehicles+55Traps(+Outlaw,Riot,Steamed,Rebel,Steampunk)+38Magic Items
TrapTeamNeeded:Life and Water Minis (s2)
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#16 Posted: 06:53:28 19/07/2014
why make this thread, when we already have this one here?...

//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=104635
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
truegamer64 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1334
#17 Posted: 12:31:55 19/07/2014
They're not revealing info because this time around, we need to collect Skylanders, traps, and villains, so it's a lot for them to expose.
Skylander3112 Gold Sparx Gems: 2115
#18 Posted: 12:36:03 19/07/2014
They want to save the surprise so we won't be expecting what's coming
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#19 Posted: 12:39:16 19/07/2014
I am more interested in how a forum section dedicated to a game thats not out yet , grew so huge .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me