Page 1 of 1
be weary of the leaked skylanders
AnthonyBossman Green Sparx Gems: 242
#1 Posted: 22:03:47 13/07/2014 | Topic Creator
just a few minutes ago my video on youtube containing the newest leaks was deleted due to activision filing a copy write complaint. I had no intentions of this and apoligise to activision! has this happened to you?
---
Anthony Bossman The skylanders Youtube Channel Is Now on DarkSpyro!! Subscribe here and on Youtube for Exclusive Info !!
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#2 Posted: 22:49:02 13/07/2014
Yes it has it also happened to my friends Loyde and Wreaking Ball Bob
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
Kung Fu Man Gold Sparx Gems: 2120
#3 Posted: 23:02:50 13/07/2014
If you post information that people don't want public, it's common sense companies like Activision will try and shut them down. And Youtube's copyright policy is always ready to comply. Really nothing surprising there.
#4 Posted: 23:57:38 13/07/2014
I just want to know what copyright I violated.
---
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#5 Posted: 01:52:17 14/07/2014
Quote: Kung Fu Man
If you post information that people don't want public, it's common sense companies like Activision will try and shut them down. And Youtube's copyright policy is always ready to comply. Really nothing surprising there.

They keep forgetting that retailers will start populating their systems soon, so I also don't get why they keep forgetting this. Anyway, it's just figures...nothing to get too excited about.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
ShaneK Yellow Sparx Gems: 1736
#6 Posted: 09:19:37 14/07/2014
Quote: ninja9351
I just want to know what copyright I violated.

Publishing confidential information you have no right to publish.

I don't agree with it, but MatteoMax warned you guys and you all posted anyway.
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#7 Posted: 12:23:05 14/07/2014
"publishing confidential information" is, in no way, breaking copyright law.

The only thing that would make publishing confidential information illegal would be if one signed some kind of NDA regarding the information.
#8 Posted: 14:06:22 14/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Yes but of all the leaks it's funny that they take this dow so many people know already and the reveal is sure to come soon
---
Anthony Bossman The skylanders Youtube Channel Is Now on DarkSpyro!! Subscribe here and on Youtube for Exclusive Info !!
myskylanders Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#9 Posted: 14:08:44 14/07/2014
It's not about information, it's about the images, and one is only allowed to copy and use them if the copyright holder (in this case: Activision) gives permission. Otherwise your video get's deleted or you receive about 30 seperate e-mails, one for every image you have to remove from your website and computer smilie .

Their main problem with these leaks is the quality of the images. Not sure why they give these crappy pics to retailers anyway.
---
- http://www.myskylanders.de All Skylanders related in German
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:10:02 14/07/2014 by myskylanders
Qcumber Yellow Sparx Gems: 1054
#10 Posted: 14:26:40 14/07/2014
Quote: myskylanders
It's not about information, it's about the images, and one is only allowed to copy and use them if the copyright holder (in this case: Activision) gives permission. Otherwise your video get's deleted or you receive about 30 seperate e-mails, one for every image you have to remove from your website and computer smilie .

Their main problem with these leaks is the quality of the images. Not sure why they give these crappy pics to retailers anyway.

Because it's super-secret prototype artwork that they give to a completely random and not-very-well-know retailer, which isn't suspicious at all.
---
You can't handle MEMES
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#11 Posted: 15:26:20 14/07/2014
As I posted in the other thread though - if someone is using the images to report as news, then they're pretty clearly using the images under the Fair Use exemption. Now, if you're creating a wiki article or something, then you'd run into copyright issues - but news is pretty wide open.
wideawakewesley Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#12 Posted: 16:39:50 14/07/2014
To those of you who've had videos removed by Activision, how did you display the images of the characters, had you saved them to your PC and created a video using them or were you videoing yourself browsing a website etc?
---
Contributor to Family Gamer TV - http://www.familygamer.tv/
Follow me on twitter - http://www.twitter.com/wideawakewesley
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#13 Posted: 16:42:32 14/07/2014
Quote: UncleBob
As I posted in the other thread though - if someone is using the images to report as news, then they're pretty clearly using the images under the Fair Use exemption. Now, if you're creating a wiki article or something, then you'd run into copyright issues - but news is pretty wide open.

Yep, and youTube is arbitrarily using its own rules for enforcement. Folks are confusing youTube's policy vs. actual legal law.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#14 Posted: 17:35:09 14/07/2014
Quote: wideawakewesley
To those of you who've had videos removed by Activision, how did you display the images of the characters, had you saved them to your PC and created a video using them or were you videoing yourself browsing a website etc?

It was on the website for me but I'm not sure about others.
---
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#15 Posted: 17:37:44 14/07/2014

Had them saved to my PC.
---
StrikerCamo Gold Sparx Gems: 2122
#16 Posted: 13:58:04 15/07/2014
Does Your Account Say Bad Standing? And I Got A Copyright Strike From The pics;(
---
Be Sure To Check Out My Skylander Channel StrikerHero Camo!
Dyno-Mite Ripto Gems: 92
#17 Posted: 14:53:11 15/07/2014
I presume we've revealed some of their Comic-Con material and they're trying to limit it's views.
wideawakewesley Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#18 Posted: 14:59:16 15/07/2014
Quote: Dyno-Mite
I presume we've revealed some of their Comic-Con material and they're trying to limit it's views.

It's strange they're reacting this way, kind of makes a mockery of this:

http://www.polygon.com/2014/6/...of-duty-leak-e3
---
Contributor to Family Gamer TV - http://www.familygamer.tv/
Follow me on twitter - http://www.twitter.com/wideawakewesley
Toynerd14 Ripto Gems: 95
#19 Posted: 15:17:24 15/07/2014
Quote: Dyno-Mite

It's strange they're reacting this way, kind of makes a mockery of this:

http://www.polygon.com/2014/6/...of-duty-leak-e3

The images were of low quality. They don't want that representing their product.
Qcumber Yellow Sparx Gems: 1054
#20 Posted: 15:24:07 15/07/2014
I don't think it's a "leak". 1) The leak came from this website: http://www.homeenter.com/no/portal. It's unlikely that they would of accidentally found some (presumably) prototype artwork and figures of a franchise like Skylanders. I might understand if it was something like an amiibo figure, but not a whole wave of Skylanders figures. 2) Recently, TheSkylanderBoyAndGirl posted a "HUGE Leak" on their channel, which wasn't about the Homeenter leak. Maybe Activision has told them not to post about it, because I'm sure fans like them would of known about it a few minutes after the leak was posted, and Activision probably wouldn't of gave them a strike anyway.
---
You can't handle MEMES
#21 Posted: 20:23:14 15/07/2014 | Topic Creator
Yes I recived a strike as well , my problem came from slideshow creator if you tape a web page the. They would have more difficulty removing it . But why, keep better watch on you're leaks
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me