darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Will there be a GameStop special edition starter pack?
Page 1 of 1
Will there be a GameStop special edition starter pack?
wgeorge111 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3774
#1 Posted: 18:29:50 07/07/2014 | Topic Creator
If history repeats itself we could know in 5 weeks on Monday August 11, 2014.(pure speculation)
Last year the Dark Edition Starter pack was announced and available for pre-order on the same day, Monday, August 12, 2013
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#2 Posted: 19:23:31 07/07/2014
I totally wouldn't be surprised if we had a special starter pack. I'm not sure how well it sold but I wouldn't be surprised.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#3 Posted: 19:26:38 07/07/2014
If it didn't sell well, they only have themselves to blame for locking it to GameStop. Some parents don't go in that store, and no parent "just happens to be there" like happens with Target and Walmart.

I don't mean for that to sound hostile or argumentative smilie I preordered the dark edition pack, loved it, and would get another special pack if offered again.
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#4 Posted: 00:55:58 08/07/2014
I don't think Activision cares too much about how well the Dark pack sold. Gamestop bought the rights to sell it exclusively, and if they want to do it again, I'm sure Activision will oblige. A part of me wants to say that it won't happen, since the packs were available for several months after it was released and had to be put on sale. Then again, a starter pack suits Gamestop best because they have little interest in being your toy store of choice. Toys R Us probably won't, because they want you coming in repeatedly, not just for a pack. Target will stick with it customary 2 variants and Walmart will do the same.

I really don't know if I want to see a dark starter pack. Foodfight and Snapshot wouldn't look that great in black and silver.
diddy50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2554
#5 Posted: 01:30:45 08/07/2014
Hahaha, rotten food fight!!! That'd b better than "Dark Food Fight"
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#6 Posted: 14:14:20 08/07/2014
I don't think it would be dark-themed again. I would bet a special starter pack would have a different theme this time.
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
WickedRogue Gold Sparx Gems: 2725
#7 Posted: 19:20:08 08/07/2014
Quote: diddy50
Hahaha, rotten food fight!!! That'd b better than "Dark Food Fight"

It's not impossible. A Punch Food Fight could work even.
---
Elite Skystones Set Complete.
YerMomsFaceHere Blue Sparx Gems: 839
#8 Posted: 20:26:33 08/07/2014
A special edition starter pack would certainly put Gamestop in front of the other vendors in the race for my wallet. Last year i did not get the dark edition simply because it rolled out later than the rest......this year I vowed not to make that mistake again and let patience win.
---
Sugar momma's , look no further!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me