First | Previous | Page 6 of 7 | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Reviews *Spoilers* [STICKY]
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#251 Posted: 12:06:00 03/02/2011
Quote: Darby
Saying it's unexplained isn't an excuse. Yes, there are plenty of plotholes in TLoS, but some things are unexplained. Like brawler said, just because the game didn't cover something, doesn't make it a plothole. Yes there are plotholes, but that doesn't mean that every single thing not just explained for you is a plothole..

I'm referring to actual plotholes though. Why didn't they fly over the belt of fire for instance? How did a fire guardian die in a fire, when they're meant to have power over that? More to the point, if it killed him, why wasn't Spyro in pain when he went near that fire?

Little things like these are plotholes, not unexplained things.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7089
#252 Posted: 12:09:11 03/02/2011
I've said it many times before, and I'll say it again...
...I DO see plotholes in DotD, but some of the unexplained stuff are easy to make sense of. The unexplained stuff that can't make any sense are plotholes. I'm just saying that some people go a too far when talking about plotholes, and start bringing up stuff that are easy to understand.

For the record, I found a plothole that I've never seen anybody mention, but I can't remember what it was....it was something to do with Warfang though...

Also, for the record, I think Classic Spyro only has a few plotholes, about the same amount as DotD. And I don't see the Ember thing as a plothole, but if I were to go by the logic of "unexplained=plothole", then I WOULD see it as a plothole, as it was unexplained....but like a lot of things in DotD, it's easy to make sense out of.

Quote:
It's the same as a plothole, let it go and stop making excuses.

That sounded like you were telling me what to do... :/
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#253 Posted: 12:10:16 03/02/2011
Oh. I thought you meant.. Okay.
Like I said, there are plotholes, like that, and there are unexplained things. That'd be one of the plotholes, but we already know that. I just don'tlike it when people say that saying some of these things are unexplained is a huge excuse in defending DotD. smilie Some of the things are easily explained, and others, I could explain, but I'll end up getting told I'm "defending stupidity" or people will just think my reasoning is stupid. So why bother? But I still do know there are plotholes.

Brawler nija'd me. Everything he said. ._.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:10:57 03/02/2011 by Darby
#254 Posted: 19:45:03 03/02/2011
Hmm....I'm bored, so I'll say something here now...

I decided to look up a clip of this Lilly character from Alpha and Omega, as she is voiced by Christina Ricci.....I think she did a good job, from what I seen. She's a more playful, naive and more girly character than Cynder. I'd like them to continue showing some innocence and childish characteristics in Cynder, as I liked those parts in DotD!:3
---
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#255 Posted: 11:14:56 04/02/2011
Quote:
Developers often leave things unexplained on purpose either to let players speculate, or, because they have the sense to know that this is a videogame and that every little detail DOESN'T need to be explained....

But would they ever include that many? I think not. Most of the 'unexplained' parts have pretty one-sided, straight answers anyway.

To put in so many of them would just be stupid, not interesting.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:32:38 04/02/2011 by GamingMaster_76
#256 Posted: 12:07:31 04/02/2011
Not all of it needs to be just told directly to you. What I was saying was that a few of these things can be easily explained if you take the time to think about it. To see them passed as plotholes by many people is just frustrating when it's something that can really be explained. That's all I meant. And I don't understand what you're meaning when you say most of the 'unexplained' parts have pretty one-sided, straight answers anyway...?
#257 Posted: 12:09:24 04/02/2011
Almost all fans agree on one explanation for them.
So even simple parts shouldn't be explained? There are WAY too many. 'Not all of them'? smilie

Like I said, this will just get nowhere.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 12:14:49 04/02/2011 by GamingMaster_76
#258 Posted: 12:10:57 04/02/2011
Maybe that's because it'd a reasonable explanation that made sense..

And you're right. This won't get anywhere. Oh well. smilie
#259 Posted: 12:12:20 04/02/2011
I give up an- *shot* >.<
#260 Posted: 19:09:03 04/02/2011
I wasn't saying all of them were there to be intersting...as I said, the developers probably thought "gee, I wonder if the consumers will even care about this little detail...maybe we should not bother making a cutscene to explain it, is it saves money and disc space!"

...So yeah, not EVERYTHING needs an explanation....

It's not the fact that people exaggerate on DotD plotholes that bugs me though....what REALLY bugs me is that the Classic games have just as much, if not more, unexplained stuff, yet nobody complains about them....and they shouldn't....but why do they STILL complain about DotD? Bias? They haven't noticed them? Who knows....but it really bugs me...

And that fact that "most unexplained parts have one-sided, straight answers" further proves my point...a lot of these unexplained parts are easy to make sense of, so easy, that everyone can agree on a common answer....
---
#261 Posted: 21:08:45 04/02/2011
^ Exactly what i was trying to say, but no one will even consider it since it's a game they hate. It's useless.
#262 Posted: 21:51:23 04/02/2011
And yet everyone ignores the ideas I actually have for the games, and instead wants to try convince me DotD has a bad story and art direction...
---
#263 Posted: 22:29:55 04/02/2011
*sighs, gets up, and stabs self with Master Sword*

That just shows how much I am sick of repeating myself.
#264 Posted: 22:31:29 04/02/2011
I've repeated myself many times, within the short while I've been on this topic. Yes, it's tiring.
#265 Posted: 07:02:31 05/02/2011
One last thing, SB. That was my point exactly. The 'unexplained' bits that are one sided should have been put in. That was just last. Seriously, if it were just one person- excusable. But a whole company worked on the game. Seriously, it's unbelievable... They couldn't have made a few minutes of extra footage. Yeah right. smilie
#266 Posted: 13:47:53 05/02/2011
As I said....they probably didn't expect anyone to care....I know I didn't!smilie
---
TheWereCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1000
#267 Posted: 18:13:22 05/02/2011
...Isn't it hilarious that when it first came out, everyone LOVED it, but everyone bashes it? smilie
---
"It's time to call in the big guns."
Own:smilie smilie smilie smilie
#268 Posted: 18:17:37 05/02/2011
Yep!!smilie
---
Cynderstar777 Green Sparx Gems: 289
#269 Posted: 05:03:58 11/02/2011
I pre ordered it.. I was disappointed.. I beat the game in 2 days.. It's sadly not worth it .. When will they make more???!!!
---
Sorry if I burst out laughing randomly. It's my roflmysocks syndrome.
; v ;
pie1 Blue Sparx Gems: 774
#270 Posted: 23:49:48 15/03/2011
^ I'd rather shoot myself then see another Legand of Spyro game with a emo Spyro, hopefully if they do end up making more games we will have the old Spyro back.
---
Oh it's not cheating! It's creative stratagy!
Cynro Blue Sparx Gems: 576
#271 Posted: 23:04:06 04/04/2011
i played the game and beat it in less then 10 hours so i think that if it was longer then i would give it a 10/10 but for now i have to give it a 8/10
---
can you hear the voices in the darkness
Aideun Red Sparx Gems: 36
#272 Posted: 19:50:20 24/04/2011
Well. When I had finished it, I just said that the story was too rushed and the bosses were a little easy (not Malefor, my Wii kind of wanted to die back then, the whole picture froze and Spyro and Cynder ended up being outside the stage x_x)
And I still agree with my opinion I had back in 2008. I still love this game, love the graphics, love the dark story, I LOVE THAT YOU CAN FLY <- the only bad thing with flying is that it's a height control. I love Spyro and Cynders designs and.. yeah xD Pretty much everything. smilie
I can't complain 'bout the voice acting since I only have played it in swedish, but since I have played the other games in english I give the voice actin 10/10 smilie I love Elijah Wood smilie

I wish the story could've been longer though.
---
Cedric/Harry is my life, so is Pokémon, Harry Potter, Assassin's Creed and Spyro! : )
AkantorMH Emerald Sparx Gems: 4471
#273 Posted: 08:01:42 27/04/2011
A review of The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon. Sure, why not.

Where do I begin... Ah, here. Before I start, I want to say that I didn't like spyro up until I got curious and got the most recent game at the time, Dawn of The Dragon. That game alone made me change my mind.

I will start with the graphics. A major step up from the two prequel games. Mine were exceptional because I got the game on X-Box 360, so it was far better looking then the PlayStation 2 version which the other two spyro games were most famous for being on that system.
Anyhow, the graphics are amazing. The best levels are near the beginning in the Enchanted Forest and Avalar, as well as getting some amazing background music to set the mystic theme of the trilogy. The enemies were very well detailed, the animations were spot on, and the slow down sequences of some of the battles(Such as knocking the mask off a special enemy) were superb.

Next is the music and SFX. The Legend of Spyro series all had great soundtracks, which I think kinda got underplayed in the first two games due to there slight cartoonish look, with the exception of some scenes such at the End of Eternal Night.
However as soon as we got over to Dawn of The Dragon, they music seemed to fit perfectly.
Another thing I want to say is that the sound effects for some things are spot on as well. The light "Dings" and the sounds of flames scorching as go through the Menu are rather fitting for the setting of the game. Especially in the drama of the series itself, such as when Sypro thinks he has lost and Malefore has succeed in cutting Spyros will down into a toothpick.

Characters! Oh boy I hear a lot of dislike for some of the characters and there changes through out the series of the entire trilogy. Mainly around Cynder, but I'll get to that.

Sypro! To state, this is my most favorite spyro to day. I disliked the first spyro(before the trilogy) and I hated his attitude like "oh yeah, I can beat him" and putting himself out there as this overconfident hero that just mocks his low IQ enemies.
Skylander Spyro.. ehhh, to early for me to bash him. I'm gonna give him a chance, so later on that.
But Los Spyro is perfect. The voice Elijah Wood as the young, innocent and humble dragon that learns he is destined to do the right thing and fallows it perfectly. He doesn't get in the face of his enemies and say "I will beat you" instead he is all about "I have to try for the good of us all". That is is epic hero that I adore due to his humble nature. Great spyro, just great.

Sparx! For me, a character I don't really pay much mind too. I hated the old one, as I dislike original spyro. He was also cocky and I don't know much about him outside of being eccentric and funny. But I like Los Sparx, so, I'm leaving it there.

Cynder! Oh god, here we go. Cynder in DotD is awesome, in my opinion. She is this tragic pawn in the evil schemes of the dark master who is tormented by her brainwashed past. The game itself shows it too, as no one really trusts her through out the game except for spyro and the elder dragons.
A lot of people hate Cynder... Why? Well I hear its because of her voice actor changing every single game. I didn't mind it that much, or even notice. Her design was picked at too, but again I like it. Even so, you can play as her now and she has her own four elements of darkness that are fun to use as pleased. Can NOT go wrong.

Elder Dragons! Ignitus, Volteer, Terrador and Cyril. Oh, Chronicler too, cant forget him. I see these five dragons as sort of bickering childhood friends that all have there hilarious personalities and they are great supportint cast. Ignitus is the wise one that has a head on his shoulders, Volteer speaks every word in the Thesaurus that wont shut up, Cyril is uppity and thinks he is perfect then anyone else, and Terrador is this noble warrior that is second in place of Ignitus. Each put some pretty good humor in them, save for Ignitus who just sighs when they end up bickering like a bunch of preschoolers.
Despite this, they all get serious when things get crazy.
Chronicler is pretty good too. Ageless dragon of the last couple of millennia that appears a handful of times but leaves his mark as a serious dragon of all knowing wisdom. That alone shows the epicness of the characters place in the game.

Malefore... Okay, last character I will speak of. Malefore is a serious badass character. He is tainted with evil to the point where it overflows and messes with your stuff. He is like Voldemort, except you can say his name. The build up of each game and finally we see who he is... He looks like the devil! Well, might as well anyway. and his voice is so warped that it will make you go "oh crap".
If I were to make a top 10 list, he would be top 5 at least.
The character is a maniac that believes he is suppose to destroy the world so it can be born into the new age, convinced that is his roll as a purple dragon as well as spyros that they are to destroy everything in this overreaction to his place in the world. Talk about over analyzing himself... So convinced in fact, that he tells it to spyro like a kid getting "The Talk" and is like "Too bad" about it.
Malefore makes a great villain though.

Okay lets get this over with. The game itself is much like God of War in feel, such as fighting the golem and climbing around The Destroyer. I think everyone agrees with that. Its like Starfox Adventures on Dinosaur Planet has a Zelda feel to it.
The game is great because of this, but its a black sheep. I compare that to Back to The Future how the third movie is off. But like Back to The Future, it wraps things up and concludes the trilogy as a entire series.

Flaws... there are flaws in the game. I don't want to get too far into it, but the only one I can really say is that "IT WAS TOO SHORT!" not that the other games weren't short either, but they weren't THAT short. But maybe they had some reason...

Well that's my review. If anyone enjoyed or disliked, speak freely.
---
Dragons everwhere. Draw them, think of them, read of them. Dragons.
#274 Posted: 11:32:20 27/04/2011
One of the major things I disagree with was how Malefor came across to you. Really, I think he's so weak, he'd scream from my drawing of him as a wyrmling before her even got a papercut, or it even touched him or floated to the ground. He could have been cool if they didn't make him look so stumbling and stupid, or at least made him harder to defeat.
Also, we don't know if what he said about purple dragons was true. He probably just said it to mess with Spyro, and Cynder a bit.

Also, the way you described the Guardians sounded more like their ANB and TEN personalities. I mean, come on! Volteer and Cyril only get one line each, Terrador only got two lines, and half the time Ignitus talks he's talking about battle plans or blabbing on about Malefor. Do you really think those are enough to make the personalities flourish like you described them? The latter three only get a few minutes of screentime each, too...
#275 Posted: 12:22:25 27/04/2011
In Cyril's case, they showed off his personality exceptionally well in that one line. It was worth him making an appearence for that one line. smilie

Ignitus mostly talked about plans in ANB and TEN too, and about Spyro's past. His main personality trait is that he is wise.

People can have their own opinions on Malefor if they want to. Not everyone has to hate him. Me? I'm a little torn...
---
#276 Posted: 12:36:40 27/04/2011
Did you note all the "I"s I put in? Geez, Brawler, I tried my hardest. D:

I do agree that line suited Cyril. But he needed more. And Volteer's line sucked. It had little to do with anything other than defending Spyro and Cynder. Whoever thought of that one needs a slap. XP

Yeah, but a llot of it was in TEN, not DoTD. I really only noticed him talking about battle plans- yes, and they're annoying- Malefor, and Spyro and Cynder's bond in Dawn. It was, I say, boring, to some point. That poor script doesn't really aid what he's talking about, to me, at all.
AkantorMH Emerald Sparx Gems: 4471
#277 Posted: 12:46:24 27/04/2011
At GamingMAster_76

I explained Malefore as he acted. Whether he was truthful or not is up for debate. I just went with he blabbed on about. So as far as I know, he is convinced that he is meant to do that. If it was a lie, then he at least made it pretty convincing and it still shows he overanalyzed himself to sound so serious about it. It still also shows that he likes to screw with the characters and make them feel cut down to the roots, so far as I'm concerned, he is still very bad to the bune.

As for the guardians, your pretty much right. But I tried to think of how they must get along outside of that, just from there calmness in the earlier games after being drained of power. Its like "Hey, instead of telling me your better then me Cyril, HOW ABOUT TRAIN OUR ONLY HOPE ICE POWERS AND SHUT UP ALREADY" or "Volteer, shut up so we can plan". Its a serious issue, so judging from there few lines, I figured they must act similar in ways.

To Sonicbrawler182, thank you for being neutral.
---
Dragons everwhere. Draw them, think of them, read of them. Dragons.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:47:53 27/04/2011 by AkantorMH
#278 Posted: 12:46:47 27/04/2011
He didn't need more. That line...it was perfect... ;_______;

I know you put a lot of "I"s in it, but the fact you even opposed AkantorMH's opinions is basically asking for someone else to debate with you. Whether or not it was your intention to oppose him is irrelevant. You publicly said that you disagreed with somebody's opinions, in detail, so that counts as opposition, and as such, you should expect someone to make further arguments, in detail.

No, you misunderstood me. I said that in all 3 games, Iggy talked about all the same things. Plans, Spyro's past and future, and his bonds with his companions.
---
#279 Posted: 13:04:06 27/04/2011
I had a nice post, but my stupid iPod deleted it. So I'll make it short.

I didn't actiually mean nobody could argue back. However, there is little point, since my opinion won't change at least unless I play again. Go ahead and post your opinion though. I've nothing against that.

Well, somehow he just seems different in Dawn. Maybe not because of what he talked about but because of his script. Maybe because of the freaky smile. Maybe because of something as simple as his odd design change.
#280 Posted: 13:10:16 27/04/2011
GM, it can be argued that there is no point to anything in life, so saying that there is little point in having a little debate is an irrelevant argument!smilie
You shouldn't assume people are trying to change your opinion in discussions like this. Just look at it from their perspective, for the fun of it. That's what I'm doing, and you should try it, it's nice! smilie

To me, he wasn't too different, just like how I thought Cynder had the same persoanlity as in TEN.
---
#281 Posted: 13:21:02 27/04/2011
Actually, it's my outlook on everything: That all will soon be worthless. It sounds depressing, but it's the truth, and you can't hide it.

But I just can't do it with Dawn. That's with too many things. I really wish I could ipenjoy this game, I really do, but I just can't somehow.
#282 Posted: 13:26:58 27/04/2011
It depends on how you look at it. In a technical sense, nothing has a point to it. But thanks to Final Fantasy, I was able to look deeper, and I see now that "people have their own reason for fighting", so in the end, most people can find something worth fighting for. I myself struggle to, but I will keep looking for an answer.

On a less deep and emo note, you know how you can have fun in DotD? Turn infinite mana on, go to VoA, and use Spyro's fully upgraded Earth Boulder...it becomes a Sonic game...
---
#283 Posted: 13:29:12 27/04/2011
I'm not fond of Sonic games much, so I probably won't enjoy it, but I must admit trying to fly over levels with infite Ice Storm is fun. smilie
#284 Posted: 13:32:51 27/04/2011
Fine then.....it's actually more like Katamari, only without the things sticking to you part.....seriously, it's mad fun! smilie
---
InsaneAlphaBeta Green Sparx Gems: 194
#285 Posted: 23:45:17 17/06/2011
*The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon*
Quote:
The Legend of Spyro seires is known to be the second seires of spyro games, the game luanched in 2008 on Spyros 10 year anniversary, does this game show how far spyro has come? or does it end up being the worst in the legend of spyro trilogy?

*Story*

If you play single player games then most likely the second most important thing is the story, and this is where Dawn of the dragon dominates, combined with good voice acting and a wonderful soundtrack, the story is one this games best aspects, however, it seems like ignitus is constantly smiling. there where very few parts where he looked serious,
a example of when he looked serious was during this line is this part
Spyro, Cynder, I have never done right, by either of you, please allow me to do this.

though this isn't constant and for most scenes it makes sense.

the story is great

*Gameplay*
the gameplay in this game, for the most part, works well, ive not encountered a single glitch in this game, and i cant say that about most games, that alone is impressive. fighting is fun, elements are more balanced, and there are plenty of times when charging straight in wont do you any good, which adds a bit of variety in the combat and overall gameplay, however, the camera is a pain, but a understandable one, in terms of indoor/inclosed areas you can barely move it, depending on how open the area is, and even then it can still barely be moved,

however its understandable it shows you all you need to be shown,

flying is a brand new feature and, for the most part, it works well, however, you cant really control how high you go, though this is also understandable, if you could fly where ever you wanted it would break the plat forming element of the game, if you could look where you want and play as high as you wanted, this game would not e a plat former, so it makes sense, ti may feel awkward, but its needed to keep the core of the game the same.

the gameplay is fun and it works well

*Sound And Graphics*
The soundtrack is one of this games best parts, the fits the level and adds a feel to every level that's unique, sometimes the music combined with the levels is aw inspiring, the music goes with the levels which definitely helps bring you into this world.
the graphics to this day still are great. ans the valley of Avalar looks great, add the music, and its incredible.

*Overall*
The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon is a great game. its one of the best spyro games ive ever played, and ive been playing spyro games sense spyro the dragon.

Edited 2 times - Last edited at 03:30:44 23/06/2011 by InsaneAlphaBeta
timmy16 Red Sparx Gems: 88
#286 Posted: 05:08:02 23/06/2011
i like this dude
---
we fear not deth
semp123 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3232
#287 Posted: 05:18:52 23/06/2011
Who?
And it's nice that you decided to go on different boards, Timmy. That's very big of you.
#288 Posted: 05:35:25 23/06/2011
who ever is making the quote damnit, not everything has to be an argument!
---
we fear not deth
semp123 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3232
#289 Posted: 05:36:40 23/06/2011
What do you mean "argument"?
It's called a review, and the whole point is to point out possible flaws in the game.
#290 Posted: 05:51:30 23/06/2011
you're trying to start another argument so knock it off!!!

i was just saying that im glad that this person gave a good review on a game i realy like, and naturaly you had to say something about it
---
we fear not deth
LyraDragon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1283
#291 Posted: 20:06:24 24/06/2011
people STILL post here?
---
Team Drago
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
wanted:smilie
MaleforFangirl Red Sparx Gems: 32
#292 Posted: 00:44:54 25/06/2011
Probably a total of 7/10 possible for me. The graphics for the Wii were pretty impressive, gameplay was okay, and the voice acting very good.
I think they could've done better on the difficutly level, at times I was pretty much clueless as to what I should do. I ended up looking up tutorials on YouTube. smilie
Also, WTF did they mess up Hamill's voice so much? He could've done perfectly without all that editing. And there were WAY too many plotholes.
---

I'm known as MaleforFangirl also on DeviantART and YouTube smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:06:43 25/06/2011 by MaleforFangirl
#293 Posted: 05:08:09 25/06/2011
Quote: semp123
Who?
And it's nice that you decided to go on different boards, Timmy. That's very big of you.

^ things like this start arguments, you act like this guy is five, *you decided to go on a different board Timmy. That's very big of you*?
and you somehow beleave this would provoke the guy?

Quote: semp123
What do you mean "argument"?
you act as if this guy cant say his opinion on the upcoming skylanders game, he goes to a forum for the game he enjoys, and you make a big deal about it,
like i said, your not helping the matter at hand and you went off topic.

Quote:
It's called a review, and the whole point is to point out possible flaws in the game.

partly wrong, the point of a review is to point out the pros and cons of a game, either way thats irrelevent, though perhaps you should tell yourself that, sense you ended up going off topic about something that could have been said in a PM.
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#294 Posted: 01:43:14 09/07/2011
Oh god lol, what the hell did I just wrote at post 77?
My spelling and grammar were terrible. D:

Quote: timmy16

i was just saying that im glad that this person gave a good review on a game i realy like, and naturaly you had to say something about it

sensitive much?
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:07:28 09/07/2011 by DarkCynder_543
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9212
#295 Posted: 08:13:13 09/07/2011
Quote: DarkCynder_543

sensitive much?

More like taking it personally.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#296 Posted: 05:53:38 03/08/2011
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
Quote: DarkCynder_543

sensitive much?

More like taking it personally.
he kept getting bashed for saying his opinion,
and they where making a big deal out of, well nothing, i can see how it got on his nerves.

didnt i clear all of this up in my last post?
#297 Posted: 21:48:13 04/08/2011
----piss
---
we fear not deth
GamerSpyro Green Sparx Gems: 178
#298 Posted: 02:47:54 04/02/2012
It depends on the system but for the Wii version only one game is better Super Smash Bros Brawl but otherwise BEST GAME I EVER PLAYED
GamerSpyro Green Sparx Gems: 178
#299 Posted: 02:49:36 04/02/2012
so bascially 9999/10000 so ya Brawl is 10000 but the sequel to Brawl will be EVEN BETTER
spyrathedragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2683
#300 Posted: 04:47:34 04/02/2012
Quote: spyrathedragon
Combat: 5/10
Flying: 8/10
Graphics: 10/10
Storyline: 9/10
Puzzles: 1/10 (to flipping easy...xDDD)
Camara: 7/10 (wouldn't work with me)
Breaths: 9/10
Fury: 2/10 (I wanted a fury for each element..but they were to busy having pizza partys..yes?)
Climbing: 8/10 (a little buggy sometimes..)
Charac designs: 7/10 (wonderfull..but Cynder isn't purple...and Spyro isn't pink)
Level designs/Levels: 10/10 (beautifull work!)
Music: 10/10 (lovely music...I especially loved Twilight Falls's music!Suspensfull..yes?)

Let me revisit this, shall I?

Major Points:

-Combat: 7/10 (It's pretty sweet, actually. The looks are pretty epic.)
-Flying: 6/10 ("Unlimited flight"? Pssh, yeah right.)
-Graphics: 10/10 (Seriously, it looks so... mystifying!)
-Storyline: 3/10 (Lord of the Rings rip-off, anyone? The entire trilogy was kinda lame....)
-Puzzles: 2/10 (They were kinda easy... and WAY to obvious. With Skylanders, they made you think at least a little.)
-Camara: 6/10 (It won't turn the way you want it, at times. Irritating, really.)
-Breaths: 10/10 (I love the way they were designed. They're really cool.)
-Fury: 4/10 (I still like the idea of furies for each individual element. It's still pretty awesome, however.)
-Climbing: 5/10 (Buggy, and annoying in Co-Op.)
-Charac designs: 7/10 (The art is really nice, but they sure did mess up Spyro and Cynder.
-Level designs/Levels: 8/10 (They are beautiful, and all look really good, but some changes could be made.... you know?)
-Music: 8/10 (I truely love the music. It' s a little cliche, but I do love it!)

The flaws:

-Plot holes, plot holes, plot holes....
What happened to the swamp? Where are Sparx's parents? How did the guardians survive? Where did Hunter come from?

-How can you grow inside a SOLID CRYSTAL!?
I mean, really. Spyro and Cynder were frozen in time, right? They shouldn't have aged or grown into teenagers... what the ****?

-The Co-Op was a terrible idea.
Most of the time, it doesn't even work. It's irritating, annoying, and any other word I can use to describe how stupid the idea was. The camera just made it even worse.

-The puzzles were a little too obvious.
Maybe it's just because I'm older, or a quick thinker... or it's just that the puzzles are so easy that I figured them out in seconds.

-Storyline... blegh... Cynder... blegh.. Spyro is all "emo"... and Sparx is just... ANNOYING.
Seriously. Someone should've stopped them before they even started.

The good stuff:

-Armor
It's really awesome, and so are the upgrades that come with it!

-Breaths/Breath upgrades/Fury
Now those are pretty awesome, I have to admit.

-Combat/Gameplay
It's fun, and epic. Easy to work with once you learn the buttons and combinations.

-The boss battles are pretty nice.
I guess I like them, especially the Malefor battle. It's challenging, and really fun and awesome.

All done. <3
---
Lovatic for life. <3
The Peace Keepers
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
First | Previous | Page 6 of 7 | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me