Forum

Spyro 2: Gateway to Glimmer

Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Feelings about Winter Tundra [CLOSED]
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7660
#1 Posted: 09:08:00 23/06/2014 | Topic Creator
Hmm, this is very strange, I guess. But ever since I first got to Winter Tundra, I felt like it was kinda lonely. Without any more talismans to collect and the inhabitants of the levels seeming..not quite the same as the rest of the game. Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful level. So I guess I'm trying to say that I think this is a beautifully lonely level. smilie
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
LocoGuy107 Ripto Gems: 390
#2 Posted: 12:26:46 23/06/2014
It's the top of a mountain. What do you expect?
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#3 Posted: 17:02:31 23/06/2014
I know that the song used for this level was slowed down and used in Silent Hill: Homecoming. That alone makes me look at this world a bit differently smilie
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9212
#4 Posted: 19:43:28 23/06/2014
Quote: RadSpyro
I know that the song used for this level was slowed down and used in Silent Hill: Homecoming. That alone makes me look at this world a bit differently smilie

Oh really, I didn't know that, very interesting, is there any chance you could send me a link?
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#5 Posted: 20:14:47 23/06/2014
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

Oh really, I didn't know that, very interesting, is there any chance you could send me a link?

Here ya go:
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12740
#6 Posted: 20:33:00 23/06/2014
^That sounds creepy. Did they get permission from Stewart Copeland to use that music?

I always thought the level had a sad atmosphere. The music sounds sad (but beautiful at the same time), it's night time (when I was younger, I would sometimes associate night with sadness or loneliness), some people tend to get more depressed during the winter due to shorter days and Elora sounds more distressed than usual when she tells you that Ripto is still alive.

But apart from all that, I still think the level looks pretty.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:36:07 23/06/2014 by alicecarp
AmethystRose Yellow Sparx Gems: 1132
#7 Posted: 23:54:49 23/06/2014

Here ya go:

Wow, that is interesting and creepy at the same time. smilie That's the exact same song, it wasn't even tampered with at all, and it's just slowed down by like, half or .75... Huh.

Staying on topic, I always didn't care too much for Winter Tundra and its sub levels. I found it rather boring, and knowing that there aren't talismans to collect sort of makes me wonder if these are banned inhabitants of Avalar or something. I don't know. smilie

You've got the warlocks and wizards of Cloud Temple, the mystic goat wizard things (dunno what to call them smilie) of Mystic Marsh, and then the robots of both Robotica Farms and Metropolis... Hm. Wizards and Robots. Maybe these are the outcasts of Avalar because they are completely different inhabitants from the other characters of the levels. In every other level from the other worlds, the inhabitants were non-magical living creatures or people. Maybe they thought the robots and wizards were too threatening to their peace and banished them.
Okay, you can call me crazy now. smilie I'll stop haha
---
ϟ Break my heart, break me til I fall apart. ϟ
#8 Posted: 09:05:02 24/06/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: AmethystRose

Here ya go:

Wow, that is interesting and creepy at the same time. smilie That's the exact same song, it wasn't even tampered with at all, and it's just slowed down by like, half or .75... Huh.

Staying on topic, I always didn't care too much for Winter Tundra and its sub levels. I found it rather boring, and knowing that there aren't talismans to collect sort of makes me wonder if these are banned inhabitants of Avalar or something. I don't know. smilie

You've got the warlocks and wizards of Cloud Temple, the mystic goat wizard things (dunno what to call them smilie) of Mystic Marsh, and then the robots of both Robotica Farms and Metropolis... Hm. Wizards and Robots. Maybe these are the outcasts of Avalar because they are completely different inhabitants from the other characters of the levels. In every other level from the other worlds, the inhabitants were non-magical living creatures or people. Maybe they thought the robots and wizards were too threatening to their peace and banished them.
Okay, you can call me crazy now. smilie I'll stop haha

Ooh, interesting about the music, and the inhabitant theory!
---
oh my god
#9 Posted: 09:06:18 24/06/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: alicecarp
^That sounds creepy. Did they get permission from Stewart Copeland to use that music?

I always thought the level had a sad atmosphere. The music sounds sad (but beautiful at the same time), it's night time (when I was younger, I would sometimes associate night with sadness or loneliness), some people tend to get more depressed during the winter due to shorter days and Elora sounds more distressed than usual when she tells you that Ripto is still alive.

But apart from all that, I still think the level looks pretty.

Beautiful sadness~
---
oh my god
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9212
#10 Posted: 20:08:52 24/06/2014

Here ya go:

My mind is now blown.
That's amazing that they had some kind of influence from Copeland's music, so strange how they could come across it and decide to use it for their game. Thank you for this, I know a few members on YouTube would love to hear this if they don't know already.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#11 Posted: 13:36:36 26/06/2014

My mind is now blown.
That's amazing that they had some kind of influence from Copeland's music, so strange how they could come across it and decide to use it for their game. Thank you for this, I know a few members on YouTube would love to hear this if they don't know already.

No problem. I just wish I could answer the other questions too, but I have no idea how the song wound up in Silent Hill smilie
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#12 Posted: 13:42:31 26/06/2014
Eh, I was never really a fan of winter tundra. I liked the speedway, but that's about it. I couldn't really just screw around like I could in the other two.
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
#13 Posted: 00:46:07 27/06/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: kardonis
Eh, I was never really a fan of winter tundra. I liked the speedway, but that's about it. I couldn't really just screw around like I could in the other two.

Ugh I despise Canyon Speedway
---
oh my god
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#14 Posted: 01:09:32 27/06/2014
Canyon was the first one I found Hunter in. Then I figured that ALL of them had Hunter in them. I was so mad.
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me