Forum

Poll

Favourite CTR:NF Spyro skin?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Single pack Pop Thorn!! [CLOSED]
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3962
#51 Posted: 10:17:14 01/07/2014
Comparison picture smilie

[User Posted Image]
---
bye
lcopley98 Blue Sparx Gems: 725
#52 Posted: 14:20:20 01/07/2014
I am really shocked at the difference in paint jobs. Does this seem to be a common theme for characters re-released in singles packs? It's almost as if they rushed the first Pop Thorn to get him in the Adventure Pack and have had time to go back and perfect him.
---
Casual Skylander Gamer
Nuzlocke Challenge http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/posttopic.php?forum=56&post=true
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#53 Posted: 21:52:01 01/07/2014
Just to highlight the TOTAL lack of demand for Mr. Thorn, I went in to a Target at 5pm today and only 1/12 was sold.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
dinoah2005 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3472
#54 Posted: 22:01:26 01/07/2014
I would imagine that most Portal Masters have him from the Battle Pack. Unless you get a second one designated for the second upgrade path, there is no reason to get a second one. Usually if that is the case, most of us wait for a sale (BOGO). Windup was a better deal at Gamestop because you got him with your TT Pre-Order or got him free when you purchase another Skylanders.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#55 Posted: 22:32:06 01/07/2014
True, and it's summer and who cares about games right now. Just reporting from the field smilie
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3472
#56 Posted: 00:28:47 03/07/2014
Checked 3 targets today and called 2 others none have popthorn single. Urgh Anyone on Long island finding these?
4inCreation Gold Sparx Gems: 2958
#57 Posted: 08:12:26 04/07/2014
I might be seeing something different than you, but the yellow paint on the bottom half is horrible. It looks like bee pollen on every single one so far. All the adventure packs look smooth, but the dark blue doesn't have gloss like the single. What am I missing?
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#58 Posted: 11:41:52 04/07/2014
Quote: 4inCreation
I might be seeing something different than you, but the yellow paint on the bottom half is horrible. It looks like bee pollen on every single one so far. All the adventure packs look smooth, but the dark blue doesn't have gloss like the single. What am I missing?



I did notice that the yellow on the bottom seems more sprayed on than painted. It may, at first, seem weird, but now I can't help to think that the adventure pack version is too straight. As for what makes the paint better, look at the upper part. The dark paint on the top is much more glossy and a deeper color. They've also added more shading towards the eyes. The original was just a straight yellow, straight light blue, and straight dark blue. For the single pack version, there is more of a gradient between the colors, and giving it more detail.
goldenrushducks Yellow Sparx Gems: 1572
#59 Posted: 12:20:14 04/07/2014
i found a single pack windup in gamestop a few days ago.
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3472
#60 Posted: 17:37:12 04/07/2014
Finally found a single popthorn yesturday.
4inCreation Gold Sparx Gems: 2958
#61 Posted: 01:42:59 05/07/2014
The paint does blend into the face more, but the paint application is odd. I saw at least 10 of these so far, and the yellow was pretty bad. Activision was probably kind of upset I imagine.
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#62 Posted: 21:58:07 05/07/2014
Quote: lcopley98
I am really shocked at the difference in paint jobs. Does this seem to be a common theme for characters re-released in singles packs? It's almost as if they rushed the first Pop Thorn to get him in the Adventure Pack and have had time to go back and perfect him.

Early Ignitor from the SA 3DS starter had a better paintjob than those from single packs. While those from later starter packs, as well as all single packs had a flat orange flame face, those from earlier SA 3DS starters had flame faces with orange and yellow.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:59:44 05/07/2014 by Arc of Archives
lcopley98 Blue Sparx Gems: 725
#63 Posted: 22:34:15 05/07/2014
I had to check mine to see which I had. I bought my Ignitor used. I am lucky enough to have one of the peeeerty ones.
---
Casual Skylander Gamer
Nuzlocke Challenge http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/posttopic.php?forum=56&post=true
4inCreation Gold Sparx Gems: 2958
#64 Posted: 05:15:47 06/07/2014
I have noticed the difference in paint from figure to figure is usually where there is blending or gradation, but sometimes there is a slightly different solid color too. Boom Jet has a noticeable difference in the English only packaging where his face is darker in color and sometimes the gray of his jet fan is darker in either packaging.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:17:19 06/07/2014 by 4inCreation
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3472
#65 Posted: 05:43:17 06/07/2014
Quote: Arc of Archives
Quote: lcopley98
I am really shocked at the difference in paint jobs. Does this seem to be a common theme for characters re-released in singles packs? It's almost as if they rushed the first Pop Thorn to get him in the Adventure Pack and have had time to go back and perfect him.

Early Ignitor from the SA 3DS starter had a better paintjob than those from single packs. While those from later starter packs, as well as all single packs had a flat orange flame face, those from earlier SA 3DS starters had flame faces with orange and yellow.



Hmm i'm going to need to check this out. Never bothered to look.
4inCreation Gold Sparx Gems: 2958
#66 Posted: 18:03:05 23/07/2014
After some searching I found this one with pretty good paint...

[User Posted Image]
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me