Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Trap Holders
lcopley98 Blue Sparx Gems: 725
#1 Posted: 14:10:11 19/06/2014 | Topic Creator
What is everyone going to use to hold their traps? Do you all have any ideas? I am thinking about taking a cigar humidor or a box that is similar, a sheet of black foam, and trying to cut holes in the foam to hold the traps.
---
Casual Skylander Gamer
Nuzlocke Challenge http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/posttopic.php?forum=56&post=true
warnado745 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3669
#2 Posted: 14:25:00 19/06/2014
A basket woven from the finest of straw with a plush cushion with a strawberries pattern topped off with a fancy bow. Or just a plastic baggie.
---
Was here before the dinosaurs
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#3 Posted: 14:34:35 19/06/2014
A royal purple bag?
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#4 Posted: 14:45:03 19/06/2014
I was thinking similar to the OP's idea. If stores sell a decent one, like the box in the unveiling trailer, then I'd buy that. Otherwise, I'll put something together myself to give the traps a secure place that offers decent display
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#5 Posted: 14:51:51 19/06/2014
Some sort of foam would be perfect for it i think. You can probably find some reasonably priced at walmart or a craft store back by where they have the fake flowers and stuff.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
DaMadNes Blue Sparx Gems: 944
#6 Posted: 15:14:19 19/06/2014
Definitely building a new custom display that will incorporate a faux stone prison that holds the crystals. smilie
#7 Posted: 15:30:44 19/06/2014 | Topic Creator
I was viewing some articles and videos online about cutting into foam. Apparently there are a few different methods to get a clean cut. I am not sure how big the traps will actually be, but I think if I heat up a drill bill, I can push it into the foam and make a solid hole for the traps. I am sure you can find foam for cheap. The problem will be fitting it to your box.

I am certain they will sell something to hold them in, but the quality of it could be poor. I'd much rather have a wood box to place them in then a plastic box with Skylander art.
---
Casual Skylander Gamer
Nuzlocke Challenge http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/posttopic.php?forum=56&post=true
DaMadNes Blue Sparx Gems: 944
#8 Posted: 17:00:14 19/06/2014
Quote: lcopley98
I was viewing some articles and videos online about cutting into foam. Apparently there are a few different methods to get a clean cut. I am not sure how big the traps will actually be, but I think if I heat up a drill bill, I can push it into the foam and make a solid hole for the traps. I am sure you can find foam for cheap. The problem will be fitting it to your box.

I am certain they will sell something to hold them in, but the quality of it could be poor. I'd much rather have a wood box to place them in then a plastic box with Skylander art.

Michael's has a foam cutter for $24. It heats up and CAN give you a smooth edge with practice. A sheet of 1" insulation foam will probably do the trick.
#9 Posted: 17:15:45 19/06/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: DaMadNes

Michael's has a foam cutter for $24. It heats up and CAN give you a smooth edge with practice. A sheet of 1" insulation foam will probably do the trick.

I'll have to check that out. It may be cheaper to go the other route.
---
Casual Skylander Gamer
Eggers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1305
#10 Posted: 17:26:20 19/06/2014
Quote: warnado745
A basket woven from the finest of straw with a plush cushion with a strawberries pattern topped off with a fancy bow. Or just a plastic baggie.

Yes, well I have you beat there! I plan on making my trap holding box out of only the most exquisite sheets of wood from the Mpingo tree, imported from Tanzania. The top will be hand crafted to display my top six favorite Skylanders. The whole box will be encrusted and festooned with only the highest clarity of diamonds, interspersed with the most radiant emeralds found in the world.

Of course, by that I mean that mine will probably end up all over the floor where I'll hope they don't get stepped on, much like poor S1 Hex's broken arm smilie
---
Rainbows are nature's rainbows!
Whale117 Green Sparx Gems: 110
#11 Posted: 19:27:58 19/06/2014
I will probably buy one (if they make one) or maybe like a bait & tackle box
---
"BLINK AND DESTROY"-smilie
"FRUIT PUNCH"-smilie
"ALL WOUND UP"-smilie
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#12 Posted: 01:19:39 20/06/2014
I'm pretty sure someone will come to the rescue for a storage solution. If they can make bags for the figures, they can do something for this. PowerA to the rescue...only 99.95 smilie
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
LloydDXZX Yellow Sparx Gems: 1637
#13 Posted: 01:36:04 20/06/2014
Simply place them on my shelf. smilie
---
Imaginators is making it revive.
truegamer64 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1334
#14 Posted: 02:54:29 20/06/2014
Maybe they will sell the box in the commercial, and I could buy 2 or 3 of those.
min8or Yellow Sparx Gems: 1030
#15 Posted: 04:38:18 20/06/2014
I plan on displaying my traps on the "Magic Item Shelf" of my Skylanders display shelves.

I plan on using something similar to a test tube rack, either getting a nice wooden one that doesn't cover too much of the trap up, or making one myself.
---
271figures+11Vehicles+55Traps(+Outlaw,Riot,Steamed,Rebel,Steampunk)+38Magic Items
TrapTeamNeeded:Life and Water Minis (s2)
kaosmumishot Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#16 Posted: 05:52:44 20/06/2014
A fine timber box crafted from the wood of a Bois Dentelle tree, with ivory legs made from the tusks of a white rhino and a soft lining of baby seal fur. Only the best for Lord Kaos and Co.
ToySoldierMafia Blue Sparx Gems: 916
#17 Posted: 06:17:11 20/06/2014
A chunk of polystyrene foam. Just carve out a little notch then stab them in to hold. Cheap, easy and recycling always makes people feel better about themselves.
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#18 Posted: 12:35:26 20/06/2014
Foam is too much work to make look good and not 'cheap', as well it won't age well and wil lbe prone to damage/wear and tear.

I was thinking of two options.

1. Buy a thick piece of wood, find a corresponding bit size to a crystal, drill holes in it at appropriate spacings. Done. I might paint it silver to match my display, add some rubber feet to it won't damage anything, etc.

2. Buy a premade box. Buy a thin piece of would, maybe even balsa - and drill holes in the wood, then attach internally to box. Paint as please, add feet as necessary.

Most likely I will pursue #1. Going in and out of box will seem cool 'at first' but will get old QUICK. These options also allow for easy expansion *drill another hole!* I've thought about making a slew of them and selling them, but we'll see. We have yet to see any solutions from say PDP.
- Unreall
shadowfox Platinum Sparx Gems: 5084
#19 Posted: 15:07:42 20/06/2014
Hey if its functional, I would buy a box.
gnarlytreesnex Blue Sparx Gems: 651
#20 Posted: 18:26:40 20/06/2014
I'll just use the thing they showed in the trailer
#21 Posted: 18:44:09 20/06/2014
Quote: Unreallystic
Foam is too much work to make look good and not 'cheap', as well it won't age well and wil lbe prone to damage/wear and tear.

1. Buy a thick piece of wood, find a corresponding bit size to a crystal, drill holes in it at appropriate spacings. Done. I might paint it silver to match my display, add some rubber feet to it won't damage anything, etc.

2. Buy a premade box. Buy a thin piece of would, maybe even balsa - and drill holes in the wood, then attach internally to box. Paint as please, add feet as necessary.

Most likely I will pursue #1. Going in and out of box will seem cool 'at first' but will get old QUICK. These options also allow for easy expansion *drill another hole!* I've thought about making a slew of them and selling them, but we'll see. We have yet to see any solutions from say PDP.
- Unreall

If I get the game, and if I get traps, and if there's no good third party providers I will likely be interested.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#22 Posted: 23:02:59 20/06/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: GhostRoaster
Quote: Unreallystic

- Unreall

If I get the game, and if I get traps, and if there's no good third party providers I will likely be interested.

That is a lot of IFs.
---
Casual Skylander Gamer
#23 Posted: 04:14:26 21/06/2014
Sure is. I guess Activision better prove me something in a hurry. smilie
---
#24 Posted: 11:23:21 21/06/2014 | Topic Creator

You're in, just like the rest of us. You may just not know it yet.
---
Casual Skylander Gamer
#25 Posted: 16:53:16 21/06/2014

I'll likely get the game for content for my 200 skylanders. But I assure you everything else (traps, new/repose cores) are definitely off until they answer some questions that absolutely no one got traction on at E3. I should technically not get the game because of a lack of online feature--which was a promise I made last go round.

It's easier for me to disregard this game simply because my son has lost interest. I wonder how many moms and dads are in this predicament---the parents technically like the game better than their target audience as the kids don't consider it "hip and cool" and adults don't have to worry about those pretenses.
---
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 16:59:08 21/06/2014 by GhostRoaster
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#26 Posted: 16:55:34 21/06/2014
I'm gonna need a good looking box for under $20.
#27 Posted: 23:56:23 21/06/2014 | Topic Creator

I'll likely get the game for content for my 200 skylanders. But I assure you everything else (traps, new/repose cores) are definitely off until they answer some questions that absolutely no one got traction on at E3. I should technically not get the game because of a lack of online feature--which was a promise I made last go round.

It's easier for me to disregard this game simply because my son has lost interest. I wonder how many moms and dads are in this predicament---the parents technically like the game better than their target audience as the kids don't consider it "hip and cool" and adults don't have to worry about those pretenses.

Online feature is a pain. I would have definitely expected something online from them, but I can totally see why they choose to leave it out. Traps and reposes, I am out too. As of now, I only have reposes of my wife's favorite characters.
---
Casual Skylander Gamer
Jeriba Yellow Sparx Gems: 1168
#28 Posted: 00:15:19 22/06/2014
Is there a trap holder in the Starter Pack?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSX9MXUz7mA
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#29 Posted: 02:29:47 22/06/2014
Quote: Jeriba

No there isnt, what makes you think that?
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
#30 Posted: 02:39:06 22/06/2014

it looks like there is one advertised on the side of the box, whether it is included with the starter pack we won't know till we see better images of the side. that video give a pretty good speculation and explanation on what it is/may be.
---
271figures+11Vehicles+55Traps(+Outlaw,Riot,Steamed,Rebel,Steampunk)+38Magic Items
#31 Posted: 02:53:16 22/06/2014 | Topic Creator

That's very intriguing. It looks tacky.
---
Casual Skylander Gamer
#32 Posted: 03:00:59 22/06/2014

That's very intriguing. It looks tacky.

yeh, i agree with the dude from the video, it looks like it'll be mad of cardboard and come flat in the box, fold it together, insert tab "A" into slot "B", and it is like an upside down box with a bunch of holes in it.
i think it looks to have some artwork around the holes where you put the traps, maybe the element or the trap design, or the name and small image of a villain.

46 holes for traps, 6x6x5x5x6x5 with a bigger looking hole for 1 trap at the top of the two middle 5 trap columns, probably for kaos. one spot missing in the bottom right with what looks like the trap team logo.

all speculation though.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 03:07:53 22/06/2014 by min8or
#33 Posted: 04:01:40 22/06/2014
The only problem i will see, i can't imagine that a cardboard is very stable to hold 8 and more of the traps. Or 40 and more of them, if anybody will have a single trap for each villain smilie.

Whatever this thing could be, usualy on the left side of the Starter Packs are the images of that, what is in the package.
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#34 Posted: 13:22:11 23/06/2014
Some more research into options yields 'foam boards' as a real good option. In theory you can take any box with slanted sides (can be had at the dollar store) and some foam board (saw it at Staples, might be at Dollar store/elsewhere cheaper but was $5), use a pair of scissors to cut the size of the box out and then make holes the size you want. Will be more sturdy than cardboard, more colorful per your choices, and is super flexible and easy to work with (so you can start small and increase if you so choose).

I can't believe they wouldn't have a third party solution in the making for the traps, the question is how overpriced will it be (like most Skylander accessories), and how's the quality. So for now, I'm just going to wait before I do anything else.
- Unreall
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6059
#35 Posted: 04:09:06 24/06/2014
I think I have a Crown Royal bag lying around somewhere. Let's go with that.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Wolfgang Gold Sparx Gems: 2044
#36 Posted: 04:27:05 24/06/2014
I was thinking about keeping them in a bag I usually use for my dice.
---
♫Cheap smoke, risin' like a spirit in the- soft glow of a New York street.
No glamour or garb can hide the animal heart inside of me.♫
Eggers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1305
#37 Posted: 18:08:58 24/06/2014
I've decided to go with the used McDonalds bag I found on the floor of my car.
---
Rainbows are nature's rainbows!
Technos Green Sparx Gems: 159
#38 Posted: 00:56:56 27/06/2014
I think once Trap Team is released, I'll start building my box. Unless there is already a full official trap box that time

I'm looking at finding a box that is medium sized in width and length. Then cutting a sheet of cardboard so that it fits perfectly into the width and length dimensions of the box. Next I make holes for all the traps on the cardboard and making sure the traps fit well. After that I tape the sheet of cardboard into the box and on the midpoint of the box's height. I'm also going to label the holes of which the traps go and also design the outside. Let's hope I could find a good box that time.
---
Favorite skylanders of each element:
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
xXBeavcoonXx Gold Sparx Gems: 2628
#39 Posted: 15:43:15 29/06/2014
I think that 3D Origami pieces will be good holders.
---
now its time to get funky
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#40 Posted: 20:42:42 29/06/2014
My parents found some rectangular styrofoam, that i could use for it. I might use it, depending on if i ncan just set them on my shelf, because im running out of room... I'll probably stick the traps in the foam
#41 Posted: 20:51:07 29/06/2014
Actually, if I could find a good brick of Styrofoam, I too could use it instead of the sheet of cardboard taped in the box. I could cut it to fit into the box and cut 40+ holes in it.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:55:02 29/06/2014 by Technos
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#42 Posted: 22:43:07 29/06/2014
Plastic box from Walmart.
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#43 Posted: 00:03:54 30/06/2014
Quote: Technos
Actually, if I could find a good brick of Styrofoam, I too could use it instead of the sheet of cardboard taped in the box. I could cut it to fit into the box and cut 40+ holes in it.

Interesting...
xXBeavcoonXx Gold Sparx Gems: 2628
#44 Posted: 02:01:41 30/06/2014

This is what I thought when I read this.

Good idea though. Maybe I am just really lazy like that. Or maybe I just got bronchitas. Sorry, this happened two years ago and I STILL Find it HILARIOUS.
---
now its time to get funky
#45 Posted: 02:12:13 30/06/2014
Also my traps will be organized in elements forming columns. And Kaos will be in the center. I think I'll start to gather the materials once all the traps have been confirmed. I'd like to label all the traps in my box.
---
#46 Posted: 19:37:58 30/06/2014
On a german site are pictures of the pre order box from Toys 'r us, that confirms a trap holder in the Starter Pack.
milton310 Blue Sparx Gems: 958
#47 Posted: 20:29:16 30/06/2014
I will be going with a chest that I will build myself. I will have holes in which I will have made for the traps. I will be going organized by element, and will be painting the entire thing Trap Team Style. The Kaos trap will be placed on the inside of the lid, making it the centerpiece of it all
---
"One choice can lead to a change to the metagame"
Member of the Smogon OU/Ban Committee
Head of Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire Tiering List
#48 Posted: 22:10:33 30/06/2014
Ain't nobody got time for that fo sure!
---
#49 Posted: 23:39:31 30/06/2014
On a german site are pictures of the pre order box from Toys 'r us, that confirms a trap holder in the Starter Pack.

A few questions. One: What is the link? Two: Can it hold all the traps with it?
---
#50 Posted: 23:51:07 30/06/2014

A few questions. One: What is the link? Two: Can it hold all the traps with it?

Here is the Link: http://myskylanders.de/2014/06/27/

Up to 40 traps or so: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRZCe045Zrs
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me