darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > There's Something Activision's Not Telling Us...
Page 1 of 1
There's Something Activision's Not Telling Us...
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#1 Posted: 02:35:04 14/06/2014 | Topic Creator
I mean think about it we are sitting post E3 and we haven't heard about a ton of stuff. Look at what we know. We know
7 of 16 Trap Masters 44% revealed
4 of 18 Core (5 if you count the one that will be chosen from the contest) only 28% which isn't very good
With them advertsising 60+ new characters it means that there is at least 49 Characters not yet revealed only 18% overall have been revealed

Nothing on lightcores
About 12 of at least 41 Traps only 29% of them
13 of at least 41 Villains only 32% of them
Nothing on reposes except for a look at S2 Shroom Boom and S4 Gill Grunt
Nothing about these mysterious extra 2 cores

Only a picture of the 3DS version as the only info is it will have a different storyline than the consoles
The fact that Barkly is in the 3DS Starter Pack with a Red base is weird
They took an extra 1 3/4 months to reveal Trap Team

Don't you think that they MUST be hiding something.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 17:16:20 14/06/2014 by ninja9351
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#2 Posted: 02:38:57 14/06/2014
Maybe another event?
Or they're saving info for release.
In the last few years, we always find out everything or we learn it the day before when the site updates.

Maybe for once they want to keep some things hidden until after release so we're surprised.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
#3 Posted: 02:40:36 14/06/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: spyroflame0487
Maybe another event?
Or they're saving info for release.
In the last few years, we always find out everything or we learn it the day before when the site updates.

Maybe for once they want to keep some things hidden until after release so we're surprised.

But usually there are leaks. We have had like 1 this year. Which revealed the name of Trap Team. But other than that nothing....

It's just really weird and I'm wondering when we will know more.
---
Whale117 Green Sparx Gems: 110
#4 Posted: 02:45:06 14/06/2014
Quote: spyroflame0487
In the last few years, we always find out everything or we learn it the day before when the site updates

And when that day comes I will spend hours on the computer
---
"BLINK AND DESTROY"-smilie
"FRUIT PUNCH"-smilie
"ALL WOUND UP"-smilie
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#5 Posted: 03:51:55 14/06/2014
While I dont fault Activision for maybe wanting to keep some stuff secret compared to previous years, they SERIOUSLY need to release some info regarding the 3DS version. If they want to drum up sales on pre-orders of the portable version they need to explain what exactly is going on with it. Otherwise this single image with the sidekick only, and no signs of the traps being usable is going to hinder things dramatically. If you dont need the vault because there isnt the "talking feature" but the traps can still just be laid down on the portable thats great. They need to tell us that though. If the 3DS has the trap feature for the villains in a way WITHOUT the traps being needed, again thats awesome. That NEED to tell people that though.
stealth Yellow Sparx Gems: 1040
#6 Posted: 03:57:16 14/06/2014
Quote: GothamLord
While I dont fault Activision for maybe wanting to keep some stuff secret compared to previous years, they SERIOUSLY need to release some info regarding the 3DS version. If they want to drum up sales on pre-orders of the portable version they need to explain what exactly is going on with it. Otherwise this single image with the sidekick only, and no signs of the traps being usable is going to hinder things dramatically. If you dont need the vault because there isnt the "talking feature" but the traps can still just be laid down on the portable thats great. They need to tell us that though. If the 3DS has the trap feature for the villains in a way WITHOUT the traps being needed, again thats awesome. That NEED to tell people that though.

Agreed, as someone who gets the 3ds versions they really need to speak up about this.
FaboulousFab Yellow Sparx Gems: 1247
#7 Posted: 09:20:42 14/06/2014
Come on, if they had reveled everything on E3, they would have nothing left to keep the customer's envy,
that's only marketing.
There's still 4 months to optimisate the sales and convicing us that 3ds version isn't pointless.
They'll certainly make others "incredibly exclusive" events where you can get unique stuff that participants can sell fortunes on ebay. smilie
---
Marge: But I thought broccoli was...
Dr. Hibbert: Oh yes. One of the deadliest plants on earth. It tries to warn you itself with its terrible taste.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#8 Posted: 09:22:15 14/06/2014
Them not showing the 3DS version of Trap Team honestly makes me think that they're making some big changes to it. Since Beenox is making it this time. Perhaps they made a new engine with better graphics and game-play? I doubt that the 3DS version will lack a Traping System as well.
I also think there's a good chance what Sidekicks will be now available at retail and playable in-game.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#9 Posted: 09:24:42 14/06/2014
It's 7 Trap Masters not 9.
---
#10 Posted: 11:47:51 14/06/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: wreckingballbob

Oops I'll fix it.
---
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#11 Posted: 12:11:36 14/06/2014
Quote: ninja9351
Quote: wreckingballbob

Oops I'll fix it.

Also fix the percentage. I saw "7 of 16 - 56%" and almost stopped to post a correction before continuing to read the thread. ;-D

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#12 Posted: 12:20:29 14/06/2014
I agree, they are hiding something. There was an event at E3 when they showed Jaw Breaker and Gearshift to someone from the press who responded "Oh, I didn't realise there were two trap masters per element" to which the Activision man responded "At least two per element - we're not talking numbers yet."

Even now, months after the reveal, they're hiding stuff from us. I get the feeling that we're not going to get as many character reveals before the game comes out like the last 3 years.
WickedRogue Gold Sparx Gems: 2725
#13 Posted: 12:44:43 14/06/2014
They needed to have shown some of the 3DS game at E3. They have no major way or promoting it now to the public. It leads to a huge concern for people questioning if it's worth buying it at launch if they don't know some of it. It's not like the eShop is going to have a demo of trying out Trap Team. Stores won't even have a demo of trying out Trap Team for 3DS. lol
---
Elite Skystones Set Complete.
DaMadNes Blue Sparx Gems: 944
#14 Posted: 16:40:19 14/06/2014
I do think they gave away to much info at toy fair last year. The game was no longer top of mind when the release rolled around cuz there was such a lull after we knew... everything. I think its smart that they are laying out smaller bread crumbs.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#15 Posted: 16:51:35 14/06/2014
Quote: ninja9351
I mean think about it we are sitting post E3 and we haven't heard about a ton of stuff. Look at what we know. We know
7 of 16 Trap Masters 56% which is actually[youtube][/youtube] pretty good
4 of 18 Core (5 if you count the one that will be chosen from the contest) only 28% which isn't very good
With them advertsising 60+ new characters it means that there is at least 46 Characters not yet revealed only 23% overall have been revealed

Nothing on lightcores
About 12 of at least 41 Traps only 29% of them
13 of at least 41 Villains only 32% of them
Nothing on reposes except for a look at S2 Shroom Boom and S4 Gill Grunt
Nothing about these mysterious extra 2 cores

Only a picture of the 3DS version as the only info is it will have a different storyline than the consoles
The fact that Barkly is in the 3DS Starter Pack with a Red base is weird
They took an extra 1 3/4 months to reveal Trap Team

Don't you think that they MUST be hiding something.

Well, given their adversion to risk, no--this is the game we'll be getting. Btw, who cares about the figures---REALLY? I've got 200 and most of the new ones seem like variants of moves in other figures I have. I'm fine not knowing about the figures until I open the box. I care about the gameplay and the replay value to justify any new figure purchases. In lack of any, my army of 200 is just fine.

If they are hiding something, so what? I don't need to know anything today...well take that back. The more I know of the things that matter to me, the better I can plan for whatever purchases I want to make. Right now I'm pretty empty handed. I expect more figure rollouts and communication bits between now and launch, but I think we're pretty close to being done.

In regards to 3DS, it's always been substandard (short of perhaps the first one by VV). I don't expect anything to change. Looking at sales for the platform, it's selling according to the delivered experience (which isn't well).
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 16:58:57 14/06/2014 by GhostRoaster
#16 Posted: 17:18:38 14/06/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: bionicle2809
I agree, they are hiding something. There was an event at E3 when they showed Jaw Breaker and Gearshift to someone from the press who responded "Oh, I didn't realise there were two trap masters per element" to which the Activision man responded "At least two per element - we're not talking numbers yet."

Even now, months after the reveal, they're hiding stuff from us. I get the feeling that we're not going to get as many character reveals before the game comes out like the last 3 years.

Honestly I think they are going to have another event where they showcase stuff. It's the only thing that makes sense.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me