Forum

Spyro 2: Gateway to Glimmer

Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
I'm obsessed. [CLOSED]
DragonDog Ripto Gems: 1798
#1 Posted: 00:09:07 11/06/2014 | Topic Creator
Lately I can't stop playing this game. I have no idea. It just replaced Spyro Year of the Dragon out of my favorite Spyro game! Which is quite surprising to me!! I'm thinking one reason is the unlimited superflame powerup when you get the game 100% complete. Another reason might because I'm started to obsess over the Electrols in Hurrcios.
I'm even repainting a Littlest Pet Shop toy to look like one! And I plan on naming him Watt or Brainy!!!
LocoGuy107 Ripto Gems: 390
#2 Posted: 00:16:12 11/06/2014
Quote: DragonDog
Lately I can't stop playing this game. I have no idea. It just replaced Spyro Year of the Dragon out of my favorite Spyro game! Which is quite surprising to me!! I'm thinking one reason is the unlimited superflame powerup when you get the game 100% complete. Another reason might because I'm started to obsess over the Electrols in Hurrcios.
I'm even repainting a Littlest Pet Shop toy to look like one! And I plan on naming him Watt or Brainy!!!

[User Posted Image]
-----
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7660
#3 Posted: 15:31:45 12/06/2014
I love how these games still have fans other than me who are completely obsessedsmilie
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
robbiepayne97 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1891
#4 Posted: 00:09:25 13/06/2014
Quote: Jaggedstar
I love how these games still have fans other than me who are completely obsessedsmilie

Oh, that's me right there. I'm still completely obsessed with the originals! smilie
---
furry for 13 years and counting! <3
#5 Posted: 01:13:35 13/06/2014
Quote: robbiepayne97

Oh, that's me right there. I'm still completely obsessed with the originals! smilie

I know smilie smilie
---
oh my god
#6 Posted: 01:23:17 13/06/2014

[User Posted Image][User Posted Image]

(I was going to put a pic that said "Some MORE," but I felt kinda lazy.)
Stella Green Sparx Gems: 172
#7 Posted: 11:12:06 13/06/2014
A few years ago, My favorite game was Spyro Year of the Dragon, Now I am completely obsessed with Spyro: 2! smilie
---
It doesn't matter how spyro looks, he's still the purple dragon we all love! smilie smilie
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8506
#8 Posted: 17:43:41 13/06/2014
Here's my rankings of the original trilogy:

1) Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage!

2) Spyro: Year of the Dragon

3) Spyro the Dragon
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9212
#9 Posted: 18:43:36 13/06/2014
My rankings of the original trilogy are:

- Gateway to Glimmer
- Spyro the Dragon
- Year of the Dragon

And my ranking of the trilogy as a whole is:

- Gateway to Glimmer
- Spyro the Dragon
- A Hero's Tail
- Year of the Dragon
- Enter the Dragonfly
- Dawn of the Dragon
- A New Beginning
- The Eternal Night
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:46:28 13/06/2014 by SuperSpyroFan
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8506
#10 Posted: 18:50:08 13/06/2014
^ I see you don't like The Legend series smilie
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
#11 Posted: 18:52:35 13/06/2014
Quote: JCW555

It just doesn't have the same charm as the original series, especially since they made gems status-healers instead of money.
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12740
#12 Posted: 19:18:19 13/06/2014
^This.
I don't like LoS because the setting and story are too dark for a Spyro game, I don't like how you just beat up enemies most of the time and I don't like how Spyro's flame breath costs MP. I like games with bright, happy settings and I enjoy doing fun mini games to earn collectables.

I'll always like the original trilogy and A Hero's Tail better than any other Spyro game with GtG or YotD being the top favourite. I can replay those games hundreds of times and I'll never get bored of them.
#13 Posted: 20:26:02 13/06/2014
Quote: alicecarp
I don't like LoS because the setting and story are too dark for a Spyro game.

Well, it's basically a reimagined Spyro: Shadow Legacy, even though it takes a different Spyro and slaps on a different attitude for the whole entire series (unlike Shadow Legacy, though, TLoS has a resolution. I'm still waiting for Shadow Legacy's resolution).

I don't like how you just beat up enemies most of the time and I don't like how Spyro's flame breath costs MP.

Yeah, now that you said that, they should have made basic elemental attacks that don't use MP, and make the player lose MP only if (s)he's using more powerful elemental attacks.

I like games with bright, happy settings and I enjoy doing fun mini games to earn collectables.

I hope they can do that again for a new game. As much as I love that kind of stuff, though, people just don't give a $#!t about it. The closest to side-stuff people do these days are shown in Skyrim, GTA, and WATCH_DOGS.

If we could actually get story-driven minigames in a new Spyro game, though, that'd be EPIC!!!!!!

[User Posted Image]

I'll always like the original trilogy and A Hero's Tail better than any other Spyro game with GtG or YotD being the top favourite. I can replay those games hundreds of times and I'll never get bored of them.

Absolutely NOBODY would argue with that! I still love the games, and I even put the first three games on my PSP!

Too bad I lost it.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:30:40 13/06/2014 by LocoGuy107
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#14 Posted: 23:50:47 13/06/2014
Quote: LocoGuy107

It just doesn't have the same charm as the original series, especially since they made gems status-healers instead of money.

I was reading an interview earlier today, and I found it interesting that one of the developers had stated that (Classic) Spyro fans had 'moved on' when they were making the Legend series. Yeah. No, they were still there, you kinda forced many of them away from being interested.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
#15 Posted: 00:30:20 14/06/2014
Quote: RadSpyro

I was reading an interview earlier today, and I found it interesting that one of the developers had stated that (Classic) Spyro fans had 'moved on' when they were making the Legend series. Yeah. No, they were still there, you kinda forced many of them away from being interested.

Are you talking about me and my past behavior? I mean, I'm done with spamming.
#16 Posted: 08:42:27 14/06/2014
Absolutely NOBODY would argue with that! I still love the games, and I even put the first three games on my PSP!

I've got them all on my PS3 even though I still own the original discs.
#17 Posted: 08:44:33 14/06/2014

Me too. I want the Collector's Editions too smilie
---
oh my god
#18 Posted: 08:58:16 14/06/2014

I also want the Collector's Edition! smilie I have all of the orignals too. And I have Spyro the Dragon and Spyro: Year of the Dragon on my PS3 (not Spyro 2 though)... I have the black labels of the originals. smilie
---
#19 Posted: 09:51:31 14/06/2014

I also want the Collector's Edition! smilie I have all of the orignals too. And I have Spyro the Dragon and Spyro: Year of the Dragon on my PS3 (not Spyro 2 though)... I have the black labels of the originals. smilie

True fans right here smilie
---
oh my god
#20 Posted: 10:37:07 14/06/2014
I've been trying to find the Japanese versions of the games since I was about eleven.

Edit: I just found a copy of the first game on ebay and I bought it.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:50:49 14/06/2014 by alicecarp
Burning Gnorc Emerald Sparx Gems: 3463
#21 Posted: 11:24:51 14/06/2014
Personally, I'm not so big on getting out-of-region versions of games because of the hassle of getting the right tools to play them, but Spyro's a weird case because it did have quite a few changes that separate it from the Western versions. Although if it's more for collector's value then yeah, that's an obvious thing to collect.

I only own a Japanese copy of Chaotix because it was cheap and I can't find a European copy yet. <.<
---
Eh.
#22 Posted: 11:53:24 14/06/2014
I don't know why, but you guys are making me want to disobey my mother's rules just to find some Spyro merchandise, including the Japanese game you were talking about.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:55:35 14/06/2014 by LocoGuy107
#23 Posted: 12:13:14 14/06/2014
The only reason I wanted the Japanese version of Spyro 1 (besides being a hardcore Spyro collector) is because it has some differences that aren't present in the Western versions. For example, you can collect dragonfly eggs hidden in each level and with the Pocketstation (a PS1 memory card with a built in screen and buttons), you can play a Tamagotchi like game with the hatched dragonflies.

Although, I might not be able to play it. I just think it would be nice to own especially because the manual includes some cute art of Spyro and Sparx hatching from their eggs. However, my boyfriend owns a chipped PS2 that allows you to play games of any region, so there's a chance I could play it and I'll buy a Pocketstation if I can.
#24 Posted: 14:47:46 14/06/2014

Are you talking about me and my past behavior? I mean, I'm done with spamming.

Nope, not at all. I was just using that as an example of another reason why they changed the formula from the classic - For some reason, they thought that we (as in, classic fans) had disappeared.

On the subject of multiple copies of the game, I know that feeling - I got the Japanese version several years ago, but part of me wants to get the US copies just to compare all 3 running on the same (modded) console.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
#25 Posted: 17:14:46 14/06/2014
Well, I live in the US, the SAME DAMN COUNTRY where the games were actually made, so I have the US versions.
#26 Posted: 17:31:03 14/06/2014
I own the PAL versions of the games in disc form (since I live in the UK) and the PSN ones I've got are the black label US versions. Although, I wish PSN had the Greatest Hits versions instead.
#27 Posted: 18:01:14 14/06/2014
I own the PAL versions of the games in disc form (since I live in the UK) and the PSN ones I've got are the black label US versions. Although, I wish PSN had the Greatest Hits versions instead.

Same here. All my Spyro games are PAL (excluding the Japanese games). But shipping is normally expensive. I don't have any of the downloadable versions, since I'm not fond of paying for digital media (I'd much prefer to have the physical item).
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
#28 Posted: 18:59:09 14/06/2014
So what if the next Spyro game was digital?
#29 Posted: 20:39:15 14/06/2014
^I wouldn't mind because I'm running out of storage space for games anyway.
#30 Posted: 23:09:18 14/06/2014
I'd get it, but only if physical copy wouldn't be an option.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
#31 Posted: 00:11:50 15/06/2014
Oh, by the way guys, we are now in war with the majority. We are now a resistance! We must fight for our honor! For our glory! For our brethren souls and for justice!

(Long story short, we gotta get more active on this part of the site.)
#32 Posted: 06:41:35 18/06/2014
The only reason I wanted the Japanese version of Spyro 1 (besides being a hardcore Spyro collector) is because it has some differences that aren't present in the Western versions. For example, you can collect dragonfly eggs hidden in each level and with the Pocketstation (a PS1 memory card with a built in screen and buttons), you can play a Tamagotchi like game with the hatched dragonflies.

Although, I might not be able to play it. I just think it would be nice to own especially because the manual includes some cute art of Spyro and Sparx hatching from their eggs. However, my boyfriend owns a chipped PS2 that allows you to play games of any region, so there's a chance I could play it and I'll buy a Pocketstation if I can.

My PS2 is chipped too. Mine is the same thing as his PS2. smilie
---
AmethystRose Yellow Sparx Gems: 1132
#33 Posted: 06:41:36 20/06/2014
Getting the Japanese version of this game would be as effective as a Rosetta Stone for me for learning Japanese, since I know every single line in this game. smilie
Long story short... I've played this game wayyy too much. smilie
---
ϟ Break my heart, break me til I fall apart. ϟ
#34 Posted: 14:03:13 20/06/2014
Quote: AmethystRose
Getting the Japanese version of this game would be as effective as a Rosetta Stone for me for learning Japanese, since I know every single line in this game. smilie

WE NEED TO PLAY MORE OF THOSE GAMES, THOUGH!!! PLAY THOSE GAMES!!!
#35 Posted: 18:10:57 20/06/2014
Quote: AmethystRose

The Japanese version actually has some differences in dialogue. Many are minor ('Thank you for releasing me, Spyro' becomes a much shorter and much more relieved 'Oh, thank you Spyro!') but some are radically different. That's what makes playing through the Japanese version so much fun smilie

On that note, the Japanese versions of both game require the PocketStation plugged in before the dragonfly eggs become available. I was supposed to get one ten years ago (!), but the company had to cancel it since they sold out of them the day I ordered. Go figure! I might just have to look into getting one, since not even PocketStation emulation seems to be an option right now (I know they exist, but they're not compatible with all games).
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
#36 Posted: 18:24:59 20/06/2014
Go out and hunt for the gadgets, then. You'll be happy.
#37 Posted: 20:28:27 20/06/2014

The Japanese version actually has some differences in dialogue. Many are minor ('Thank you for releasing me, Spyro' becomes a much shorter and much more relieved 'Oh, thank you Spyro!') but some are radically different. That's what makes playing through the Japanese version so much fun smilie

I guess that explains the signs you see all over the levels. The dragons probably don't give you game hints in that version.
#38 Posted: 20:36:35 20/06/2014

I guess that explains the signs you see all over the levels. The dragons probably don't give you game hints in that version.

WAT!!!!!

What do they do, then?
#39 Posted: 00:06:45 26/06/2014

I like both Classic Spyro and TLoS Spyro. <3
---
#40 Posted: 01:02:31 28/06/2014

I like both Classic Spyro and TLoS Spyro. <3

I gained a great respect for TLoS after Skylanders became mainstream.
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6071
#41 Posted: 22:19:08 01/07/2014
Not a LoS fan except ironically; Skylanders is better than LoS in every way. But I love the classic Insomniac games a bunch. RR and StD are the two games I play the most often. :)
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me