First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Villains for 30 seconds
EmperorKaos Emerald Sparx Gems: 4392
#51 Posted: 20:09:28 13/06/2014
i hope if we beat nightmare mode the timer banish to reward us
mrdarkspyro Blue Sparx Gems: 918
#52 Posted: 00:53:37 14/06/2014
Maybe since that was a demo, it was to keep the players from using the villains the whole time they were trying the demo. Just a thought.
---
MAX AURA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DaMadNes Blue Sparx Gems: 944
#53 Posted: 16:32:44 14/06/2014
Since they announced it in a pretty official manner, I would bet that the limit is going to stay in the final game.

I think we should see the limit as a good thing. It keeps us focused on the main characters, the skylanders. It also forces us to find synergies between heroes and villians, making game play a little more complex.

From the story aspect I like it, because the traptanium cant turn a bad guy good forever. Once they are out of the crystal for too long the effects wear off and thsy go back to being baddies. Its not official fiction, but this thought appeals to me.
Eggers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1305
#54 Posted: 16:48:23 14/06/2014
The time limit is probably from a money making aspect. See, if you can just use a villain as long as you want, then you haven't much need to buy many other figures but the traps. So at minimum, people probably could have gotten the starter, plus six traps (seven if you wanted Kaos too) and play through the game. Where's the money making in that? Villains are now short lived and have a longer recharge time. To make getting through the game easier, now you need to buy more of their figures. Also: if you want to use villains non-stop, you have to buy more crystals in order to have more villains on hand for their short period of time. Not sure if this is what they thought, but this was how I saw it.
---
Rainbows are nature's rainbows!
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#55 Posted: 17:08:27 14/06/2014
Quote: DaMadNes
Since they announced it in a pretty official manner, I would bet that the limit is going to stay in the final game.

I think we should see the limit as a good thing. It keeps us focused on the main characters, the skylanders. It also forces us to find synergies between heroes and villians, making game play a little more complex.

From the story aspect I like it, because the traptanium cant turn a bad guy good forever. Once they are out of the crystal for too long the effects wear off and thsy go back to being baddies. Its not official fiction, but this thought appeals to me.

I really like your rationale on the time limit. Would be nice to hear them say something like "what's going on? what am I doing....aaaaahhhh" and then go back into the crystal. But that would be waaayyy too sadistic for this game.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Thepokeman Blue Sparx Gems: 590
#56 Posted: 18:13:27 14/06/2014
Maybe the time limit was only for e3 because they wanted the people to focus more on the new skylanders at the time.
griswoldthunder Gold Sparx Gems: 2953
#57 Posted: 18:48:00 14/06/2014
I personally love the idea of a time limit. I also think that selling a magic item that allows unlimited time with villains with an adventure pack would be a great idea. It would help Activision sell the Adventure Pack and it would give players that want unlimited time with villains that option.
Eggers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1305
#58 Posted: 18:51:31 14/06/2014
Quote: griswoldthunder
I personally love the idea of a time limit. I also think that selling a magic item that allows unlimited time with villains with an adventure pack would be a great idea. It would help Activision sell the Adventure Pack and it would give players that want unlimited time with villains that option.

I would be all about this idea, though I'm wondering if we can use a magic item while a villain trap is on. It's always been one Skylander and one magic item at a time. I'm wondering if the crystal would fill that "one magic item" slot.
---
Rainbows are nature's rainbows!
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#59 Posted: 19:06:41 14/06/2014
just gonna quote this post.

Quote: ZapNorris
i feel like disney is the only one making progress. they added so much to their new game and even added some fan requested characters and took out what WASN'T selling well, activision is just making a game with stuff we've seen before and some fancy crystals. i think it might be time to pick a side.

Now with the 30 second limit, This game seems pretty pointless. I will still buy it, and whatever UNIQUE characters and traps, but that may be the last game i buy.

Disney has added-

REAL upgrade trees
Improvements to the Toybox (things that build themselves)
Bigger Worlds
an equal balance between marvel and disney

and skylanders added crystals that hold guys that play for 30 seconds.

if the rumors are true that sidekicks will be better, then i'll be pleased. But wait, team-up discs give us that in DI2.

I'm very close to being DONE.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:14:10 14/06/2014 by ZapNorris
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#60 Posted: 19:36:13 14/06/2014
just gonna quote this post.

i feel like disney is the only one making progress. they added so much to their new game and even added some fan requested characters and took out what WASN'T selling well, activision is just making a game with stuff we've seen before and some fancy crystals. i think it might be time to pick a side.

Now with the 30 second limit, This game seems pretty pointless. I will still buy it, and whatever UNIQUE characters and traps, but that may be the last game i buy.

Disney has added-

REAL upgrade trees
Improvements to the Toybox (things that build themselves)
Bigger Worlds
an equal balance between marvel and disney

and skylanders added crystals that hold guys that play for 30 seconds.

if the rumors are true that sidekicks will be better, then i'll be pleased. But wait, team-up discs give us that in DI2.

I'm very close to being DONE.

they must add online to the skylanders5 game or its doomed i think..
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#61 Posted: 22:41:01 14/06/2014
Quote: CountMoneyBone

There's so many innovation strikes against them this time, it will take more than that to make up the pace DI is keeping. Like ZapNorris, I felt Activision was clearly ahead of the curve before the new game innovation was announced. I can honestly tell that the DI team seems to be trying HARDER. Just my opinion. Maybe I'm burned on the game, or maybe they're not doing enough to keep me engaged. My son is trying to sell me on at least buying the game and the trap masters and one of each elemental trap...but still not biting. I can't wait when they announce the 16 or 24 various reposes or duplicate character announcements to further sully my desire.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:46:37 14/06/2014 by GhostRoaster
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#62 Posted: 23:31:21 14/06/2014
I still think that's weird. Maybe they're waiting til way later to reveal the reposes and show who's coming back then. They're being a lot more quiet about who's returning more than I thought they would.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#63 Posted: 17:01:22 15/06/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster617
I still think that's weird. Maybe they're waiting til way later to reveal the reposes and show who's coming back then. They're being a lot more quiet about who's returning more than I thought they would.

Kinda funny though that the character in game basically looks / plays exactly the same regardless if it's series 1 or series 4 with the exception of the wow pow. In my mind, sending one character of one or two per box of twelve tells me how much people really care for them. I'd argue they will continue to be the harder to find figures moving forward.
---
SkyJo Green Sparx Gems: 490
#64 Posted: 17:03:00 17/06/2014
Maybe we get both, we saw Chompy Mage at Toy Fair with a lifebar and at E3 we dind´t saw him again, instead we saw new villians with the timer.
That doesn´t mean they changed it!?
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#65 Posted: 19:03:16 17/06/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster

There's so many innovation strikes against them this time, it will take more than that to make up the pace DI is keeping. Like ZapNorris, I felt Activision was clearly ahead of the curve before the new game innovation was announced. I can honestly tell that the DI team seems to be trying HARDER. Just my opinion. Maybe I'm burned on the game, or maybe they're not doing enough to keep me engaged. My son is trying to sell me on at least buying the game and the trap masters and one of each elemental trap...but still not biting. I can't wait when they announce the 16 or 24 various reposes or duplicate character announcements to further sully my desire.

Sorry, what innovation are you talking about?

Aside for upgrades and Marvel characters and playsets, I don't see anything really innovative, in terms of gameplay.

Correct me if I'm wrong, of course. smilie

Oh, and, I completely agree with you, about variants and reposes.
They need to stop making them, and start investing that time and money on improving the gameplay itself. I am not complaining, I like what I have seen so far, but please!
A new power and the possibility to switch paths? It can work one time... Not three.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#66 Posted: 19:09:25 17/06/2014
this video confirms at (2:50) that the villain timer will go up as your play the game
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:10:17 17/06/2014 by CountMoneyBone
jedihunter15 Green Sparx Gems: 218
#67 Posted: 01:21:39 18/06/2014
Quote: Drek95
Quote: GhostRoaster

Sorry, what innovation are you talking about?

Aside for upgrades and Marvel characters and playsets, I don't see anything really innovative, in terms of gameplay.

Correct me if I'm wrong, of course. smilie

Oh, and, I completely agree with you, about variants and reposes.
They need to stop making them, and start investing that time and money on improving the gameplay itself. I am not complaining, I like what I have seen so far, but please!
A new power and the possibility to switch paths? It can work one time... Not three.

I agree
darkdroboto2 Green Sparx Gems: 117
#68 Posted: 02:15:48 18/06/2014
What if in nightmare mode villains can be playable the whole time but the bad guys are way stronger. I also had an idea that maybe there could be a villain mode where skylanders are overpowered but have a time limit and the villains are nerfed but don't have a time limit ( probably wouldn't happen but it would be cool anyway)
Whale117 Green Sparx Gems: 110
#69 Posted: 03:06:45 18/06/2014
Beings as the villains attacks are SO powerful (seriously wolfgang's slide attack does 300 damage) I think a timer is appropriate
---
"BLINK AND DESTROY"-smilie
"FRUIT PUNCH"-smilie
"ALL WOUND UP"-smilie
shroom boom Emerald Sparx Gems: 3133
#70 Posted: 03:49:38 18/06/2014
Bit of a rip-off for only 30 second play time seems like a waste to have the villans.
---
103 skylanders in total SSA:31/32 SG:26/30 SSF:39/56
undeadmaster Gold Sparx Gems: 2126
#71 Posted: 04:10:10 12/07/2014
I like the villains for 30 seconds. I mean, it makes sense because the villains are cool but the game is called SKYLANDERS. Oh and I saw a question about " why the huge new portal when the traps are nothing but magic items " it's because they thought kids would like it, and they do I know because I'm a kid. Deal with it, you don't like it, then don't buy the game.
---
I probably won't be back for like a year.
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#72 Posted: 06:00:16 12/07/2014
I have feeling you will be able to use the traps again in Sky 5. I don't know how but you will.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Jeriba Yellow Sparx Gems: 1168
#73 Posted: 06:02:57 12/07/2014
Quote: Snap Shot
I have feeling you will be able to use the traps again in Sky 5. I don't know how but you will.

I hope so. All two years a new portal is okay. But every year is to much.
Wolfgang Gold Sparx Gems: 2044
#74 Posted: 07:00:27 12/07/2014
I honestly think it's a pretty good idea. You have to tag the villains in and out to work with the Skylander, timing your usage of their skills instead of just picking your favorite villain (I think we all know who that is) and playing through the entire game as him.

Quote: TheShadowDragon
Wolfgang is so AWESOME!!! WHOO!!! ROCK ON, WOLFGANG!!! smilie

Thank you, and good night! \,,/, ^w^
---
♫Cheap smoke, risin' like a spirit in the- soft glow of a New York street.
No glamour or garb can hide the animal heart inside of me.♫
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:00:47 12/07/2014 by Wolfgang
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#75 Posted: 08:15:04 12/07/2014
Quote: Wolfgang
I honestly think it's a pretty good idea. You have to tag the villains in and out to work with the Skylander, timing your usage of their skills instead of just picking your favorite villain (I think we all know who that is) and playing through the entire game as him.

It's a shame you are not a figure but I will enjoy playing you nonetheless
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
undeadmaster Gold Sparx Gems: 2126
#76 Posted: 13:28:31 12/07/2014
If we can't use the traps in the 5th game, I'd be annoyed. but I wouldn't buy a ton if your worried because being a 10 year old I can tell you that if I want something new and exciting then 5 year olds like Michael ( a.k.a the skylander boy) NEEDS something new and exiting every year. Seriously, keep in mind that this game is for mostly kids.
---
I probably won't be back for like a year.
Wolfgang Gold Sparx Gems: 2044
#77 Posted: 15:36:42 12/07/2014
Quote: Snap Shot
Quote: Wolfgang

It's a shame you are not a figure but I will enjoy playing you nonetheless

Oy, at least I get to roam Skylands whenever I please, while you're trapped on Earth... then again you blokes are trying to trap me on Earth, too. I guess we do kinda end up in the same situation anyways...

Anyways, it'll be fun playing 'ya, too, and I'm lookin' forward to our next battle. May the one willing to fight dirty win!
---
♫Cheap smoke, risin' like a spirit in the- soft glow of a New York street.
No glamour or garb can hide the animal heart inside of me.♫
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#78 Posted: 04:57:45 13/07/2014
I was going to give this game a chance, I really was, but after this I'm just going to stick with Amiibo and DI2. I mean, let's look at the scoreboards of innovations.

Amiibo: Usable in any Wii U and eventually 3DS game the designers want them to work in, meaning that with one $12 figure you get DLC for 8+ different games.
Infinity: Skill Tree so that you can customize your character completely the way you want, no " You can choose this move or that move. That's all the customization you're getting besides a hat!" thing Skylanders does. Sidekicks that do something and are all different, ability to make indoor buildings with fully furnished rooms, a bunch of minigames, ginormous play sets, bigger Toy Boxes, a bunch more things to work with to make better constructions.
Trap Team: The ability to trap a boss inside of a $12 LiteBrite stick to play as said boss, which is only usable for :30 seconds. Sounds coming out of another $50 base.

This is sad, Activision is just throwing out the same game with a few new characters, one new move for 12 out of the 200 older toys, and a new "innovation" that is the same thing Skylanders has always done. It's like you're playing a demo of the best set of characters they've made, you get :30 seconds to play as them and no figure to go with it, except demos are free, and you've just bought a $70 demo with 3 toys and a portal that has a soundchip and L.E.D. bulb.

Rant over, i'm just done with Skylanders.
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me