Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
What are you buying in Trap Team
GIANTSRULE Yellow Sparx Gems: 1660
#1 Posted: 19:10:56 10/06/2014 | Topic Creator
is anyone collecting all the crystals or just the eight you need to catch all the villians because the crystals probably wont have a part in the next game so are you or not im not sure at all
---
"Taking Charge"
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#2 Posted: 19:18:21 10/06/2014
All new guys and at least eight traps.
---
spyrothe111 Ripto Gems: 3702
#3 Posted: 19:26:19 10/06/2014
I'm just going to buy the Xbox 360 starter pack on release day.
If the game is still fun even after I beat the story, then I'll buy all of the new characters.
But I'm only buying 8 traps, each of the 8 different elements.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 03:46:25 11/06/2014 by spyrothe111
#4 Posted: 19:30:46 10/06/2014 | Topic Creator
Good are you gonna buy the special crystals with villians already loaded in them and the 3ds starter pack
---
"Taking Charge"
Swap Force Fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 4095
#5 Posted: 19:47:21 10/06/2014
Only the 16 Trap Masters. No traps, no cores, no remakes, and no variants.
preciousawaken Yellow Sparx Gems: 1774
#6 Posted: 19:49:11 10/06/2014
The game for PS4 and 3DS, all trap masters, all new corelanders, and 8 elemental traps.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#7 Posted: 19:52:06 10/06/2014
if i buy the game its gonna be...

1 ps3 starter pack
1 3ds starter pack
14 trap masters (one already in ps3, one in 3ds starterpack)
15 core (one already in starterpack)
1 variant (spyro if there is a spyro this time)
6 traps (two already in starterpack)
1 special trap (koas)
1 guide book
1 bag (for the figurines/traps)

i also will buy the adventure packs (but no info of what it will be yet)....
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:41:00 10/06/2014 by CountMoneyBone
#8 Posted: 20:00:26 10/06/2014 | Topic Creator
Ok good idea ill do something a bit similar to that
---
"Taking Charge"
#9 Posted: 20:02:36 10/06/2014 | Topic Creator
actually maybe we never got the sidekicks because they thought oh ye they can get them all in trap team if sidekicks play a bigger role So the UK have a chance to get barkley and hoepfully the rest
---
"Taking Charge"
spyrothe111 Ripto Gems: 3702
#10 Posted: 20:16:43 10/06/2014
Quote: GIANTSRULE
Good are you gonna buy the special crystals with villians already loaded in them and the 3ds starter pack

Opps. I forgot the 3DS Starter pack. smilie But I'll wait until Christmas or later for that pack...
I'm not getting special crystals or any variants/reposes. I was okay with variants back in the first game, but now there's too many for me to collect. Reposes... I despise them...

And if the game is still fun afterwards, I'll buy all of the original new characters (Trap Masters and Cores).
That's it for me. smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:17:32 10/06/2014 by spyrothe111
talon4000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#11 Posted: 21:07:15 10/06/2014
the game for either Wii U or PS4, hope to find out the differences before it comes out, one trap per element, and probably about the 8 skylanders I like most, (probably about half of those trap masters)
mastereon909 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1341
#12 Posted: 21:29:11 10/06/2014
Game for wii u only the new ones that i personally really want and a trap of each element i would get all new guys but i dont have the money
---
Citizens of warfang... Congralutions you shall be the first to witness the resurection of the destroyer...and the end of the world-malefor the dark lord
stealth Yellow Sparx Gems: 1040
#13 Posted: 21:39:09 10/06/2014
I will buy the games for the xbox and 3ds
the trapmasters i like (you dont need all the elements)
a few new cores
at least one of each trap type
battle/adventure packs
FreezeBlade98 Blue Sparx Gems: 938
#14 Posted: 21:42:21 10/06/2014
This is what i will buy:
Starter pack for PS3, all tve trap masters, all the new cores and most of the traps.
---
Best Trap Masters: smilie smilie smilie
Best villains: smilie smilie Tae Cwan Crow
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:43:22 10/06/2014 by FreezeBlade98
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#15 Posted: 22:44:30 10/06/2014
Eventually everything. But at first PS4 + 3DS version (but only if it has different figures otherwise I will wait and pick it up later) one of each trap element and a couple of figures. Everything else I will lay buy when they are on sale.
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
LloydDXZX Yellow Sparx Gems: 1637
#16 Posted: 22:59:34 10/06/2014
Buying everything! smilie the game itself just look soo epic and better than swap force. Did you see the gameplay of FamilygamerTV? In the hub, the characters are always moving. Not standing next to an arena or boat. smilie and sidekicks will have a big place in the game for sure!

better better better better better better better better better better better better better better better better better better better better better better better better better better better better better better than SWAP FORCE!!!
---
Imaginators is making it revive.
Toynerd14 Ripto Gems: 95
#17 Posted: 23:33:06 10/06/2014
8 Traps and the characters that look cool (which is most of the Trap Masters).
Takadox360 Gold Sparx Gems: 2852
#18 Posted: 00:02:30 11/06/2014
Everything
---
i am trash
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#19 Posted: 00:18:07 11/06/2014
only new guys, trap masters, and a trap for each villain
Kung Fu Man Gold Sparx Gems: 2120
#20 Posted: 00:21:30 11/06/2014
Only the game and Krypt King, Buckshot if he gets a toy, and any particularly neat variants of preceding characters but beyond that everything else I'm going to wait on.

It's just not selling it to me.
#21 Posted: 00:22:58 11/06/2014
Quote: ZapNorris
only new guys, trap masters, and a trap for each villain

Uh, you DO realize 6 * 40 is at least $240, right? That's an INSANE amount of money to spend on 30 second magic items.
min8or Yellow Sparx Gems: 1030
#22 Posted: 00:42:41 11/06/2014
This game will be another massive money drain for me, like the last 3 games have been.
i plan on getting pretty much all the figures. i like to get all the different stuff, if the card, figure and in game guy are the same, i'll get it, (so i'll get legendaries, or darks, but not the gold or flocked etc).
I'll be getting all the trap masters because i like the look of them all, all new cores because i like them too, all reposes, because i like the old guys as well, and like the redesigns.
the traps i get will depend on the traps, i'll be getting at least one of each design, from the first video there seems to be 14 different designs + kaos, but knowing how i like to collect, i'll end up with one of each design in each element.
i won't be going out of my way to get the variant villains, as i mainly enjoy the physical toys, i enjoy the figures long after i've had enough of the actual game.

i'll be getting it for ps3, can't see myself upgrading to a ps4 or X-Bone till mid 2015 at the earliest, and possibly for 3DS, it'll depend on the figure included with the 3DS version.
---
271figures+11Vehicles+55Traps(+Outlaw,Riot,Steamed,Rebel,Steampunk)+38Magic Items
TrapTeamNeeded:Life and Water Minis (s2)
#23 Posted: 00:47:37 11/06/2014
Quote: min8or
This game will be another massive money drain for me, like the last 3 games have been.
i plan on getting pretty much all the figures. i like to get all the different stuff, if the card, figure and in game guy are the same, i'll get it, (so i'll get legendaries, or darks, but not the gold or flocked etc).
I'll be getting all the trap masters because i like the look of them all, all new cores because i like them too, all reposes, because i like the old guys as well, and like the redesigns.
the traps i get will depend on the traps, i'll be getting at least one of each design, from the first video there seems to be 14 different designs + kaos, but knowing how i like to collect, i'll end up with one of each design in each element.
i won't be going out of my way to get the variant villains, as i mainly enjoy the physical toys, i enjoy the figures long after i've had enough of the actual game.

i'll be getting it for ps3, can't see myself upgrading to a ps4 or X-Bone till mid 2015 at the earliest, and possibly for 3DS, it'll depend on the figure included with the 3DS version.

The "exclusive" 3DS character is Barkley. You know, the sidekick based off of Tree Rex. That and character named Gusto. So yeah, not much incentive for the 3DS version is there.
#24 Posted: 00:54:50 11/06/2014
Quote:
The "exclusive" 3DS character is Barkley. You know, the sidekick based off of Tree Rex. That and character named Gusto. So yeah, not much incentive for the 3DS version is there.

if they are only available in the 3DS pack i'll get it, if they are available in normal packs, i won't. i was thinking there might be a DarkSpyro/PunchPopFizz/VolcanicEruptor in the 3DS pack
---
271figures+11Vehicles+55Traps(+Outlaw,Riot,Steamed,Rebel,Steampunk)+38Magic Items
#25 Posted: 01:17:37 11/06/2014
Quote:

if they are only available in the 3DS pack i'll get it, if they are available in normal packs, i won't. i was thinking there might be a DarkSpyro/PunchPopFizz/VolcanicEruptor in the 3DS pack

The 3DS pack concerns me a bit because while the normal console packs include a trapmaster, a core, and two traps, the 3ds version has just a trapmaster and a sidekick. Seems really underwhelming to me, also not exclusive.
milton310 Blue Sparx Gems: 958
#26 Posted: 01:44:39 11/06/2014
I will be going with all the Trap Masters, the Elemental Crystals, and only the new core guys I actually like.
---
"One choice can lead to a change to the metagame"
Member of the Smogon OU/Ban Committee
Head of Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire Tiering List
#27 Posted: 01:50:20 11/06/2014
Quote: stealth
Quote:

The 3DS pack concerns me a bit because while the normal console packs include a trapmaster, a core, and two traps, the 3ds version has just a trapmaster and a sidekick. Seems really underwhelming to me, also not exclusive.

i haven't played a 3DS version of any of the previous games,i usually just buy the exclusive for $10-15 on ebay lol, so i don't know how they usually compare to the console version. if there is no trap crystal slot, i would imagine either the game lacks the "trapping" mechanic, or that the trapping is purely in game, trapped bosses saved on the game not the crystal.
possibly it has something to do with nintendo's own "toy" thing they have happening now, they've lost the exclusivity thing
---
#28 Posted: 02:00:45 11/06/2014

i haven't played a 3DS version of any of the previous games,i usually just buy the exclusive for $10-15 on ebay lol, so i don't know how they usually compare to the console version. if there is no trap crystal slot, i would imagine either the game lacks the "trapping" mechanic, or that the trapping is purely in game, trapped bosses saved on the game not the crystal.
possibly it has something to do with nintendo's own "toy" thing they have happening now, they've lost the exclusivity thing

If nintendo is dropping skylanders exclusive characters i'll be pretty upset. I personally enjoy the 3DS versions because i can take my skylanders with me and the totally different set that I get with it is always a plus.
Zylek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1920
#29 Posted: 02:10:40 11/06/2014
I'll probably just get the starter pack and maybe an extra character or two. I'm not feeling it all this go around with Skylanders, maybe I'm just burned out or I'm not feeling I'm getting enough content for how much I've spent into the franchise.
---
Anyone know where my avatar is from?
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#30 Posted: 02:39:13 11/06/2014
Probably gonna pick out the bare minimum first and work from there.

That's one of each of the traps (at some point), and..whatever characters I like that are out on launch. After that, I'll just wait for sale again like this time.

Its too expensive at this point lol. $5.99 for a trap? no thanks. I'll wait for those to either get bundles or sales.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
#31 Posted: 02:49:56 11/06/2014
Quote: spyroflame0487

That's one of each of the traps (at some point), and..whatever characters I like that are out on launch. After that, I'll just wait for sale again like this time.

Its too expensive at this point lol. $5.99 for a trap? no thanks. I'll wait for those to either get bundles or sales.

Agreed with the 6 bucks... really? 6 Dollars for plastic, at least the other characters are more complicated. I will only buy the traps on sale or cheaply from people "bored of the game" No way I'm paying 6 bucks for any. Good thing the starter pack as 2.
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#32 Posted: 02:55:30 11/06/2014
The Trap Team starter pack
New favorite figures
Most favorite of the Traps in all eight different elements

Instead of collecting all new figures, I will only buy the ones I need to add in my in-game collection and return them unopened. The ones I favor the most will be kept. I will only choose whichever Traptanium crystals that have my most favorite shapes like totem, skull, crystal ball, torch, scepter, etc. Plus, there definitely should be a collection box for Traps.
Tcapron69 Blue Sparx Gems: 921
#33 Posted: 03:36:18 11/06/2014
I am getting ps4 version on day one and the 3ds version. I plan on at least 1 of each element for the traps and maybe some of the special ones. I always get all characters reposes and most special ones. I'm saving up like 20 a week right now for opening day! Hoping to have both my games paid off by launch.
---
Totally onboard for Trap Team!
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#34 Posted: 03:46:47 11/06/2014
Quote: spyroflame0487

Agreed with the 6 bucks... really? 6 Dollars for plastic, at least the other characters are more complicated. I will only buy the traps on sale or cheaply from people "bored of the game" No way I'm paying 6 bucks for any. Good thing the starter pack as 2.

Links confirming cost? News to me. And yes...those things are 100% overpriced.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
ToySoldierMafia Blue Sparx Gems: 916
#35 Posted: 08:23:34 11/06/2014
I don't find $6 100% overpriced. There is technology that goes in it. And you only really need to buy six or seven more traps to play as every villain, unless you want all the different traps and villain variants.

I'm only spending the bare minimum and getting one of each, myself. It's not like I'm going to want to play as every villain back to back on a level, anyway. Keeping just my favorites in a trap and switch them out at the hub if I need to will work just fine for me.
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#36 Posted: 08:28:32 11/06/2014
Given we have characters like Shield Shredder or Buzzer Beak that are clearly captured versions of trash mob enemies, I'm sure most my interest is going to be geared towards the actual main level type bosses. Wolfgang, Chompy Mage, etc. Unless said captured mob type has some nice combo or special ability I suspect a lot will be throw aways once players get a better character of a specific element type.

8 traps is pretty much a given for each element. I doubt we'll really have more than 2 of any element type worth keeping "at the ready" in a trap.
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#37 Posted: 17:44:49 11/06/2014
Hopefully:
Wii U Starter Pack (wait for $40 sale)
Flip Wreck (if he's in) ($10)
Chopper ($10)
Gearshift ($15)
Jawbreaker ($15)
Undead Jughead Trap ($6)
Total: $96 + tax

Maybe more as we see more. I'm definitely limiting myself... Maybe selling some of my old stuff.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:55:23 11/06/2014 by weebbby
Thepokeman Blue Sparx Gems: 590
#38 Posted: 18:13:13 11/06/2014
Wii u starter pack 6 traps(two are in the starter pack) and any characters I like.
jedihunter15 Green Sparx Gems: 218
#39 Posted: 19:54:05 11/06/2014
Everything for me
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#40 Posted: 19:55:28 11/06/2014
Everything including a few chase variants (if they make them this year, which is highly likely).
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#41 Posted: 20:12:04 11/06/2014
Everything but on sale. I will prob wait till black friday for a starter pack.
FaboulousFab Yellow Sparx Gems: 1247
#42 Posted: 20:21:51 11/06/2014
Starter pack day one and if the prices fall 6 months later maybe other figs.
I'll wait to see if getting more traps is really useful.

And even if they nerf to the ground older figs, I don't care, the game would be just more challenging. smilie
---
Marge: But I thought broccoli was...
Dr. Hibbert: Oh yes. One of the deadliest plants on earth. It tries to warn you itself with its terrible taste.
DaMadNes Blue Sparx Gems: 944
#43 Posted: 21:57:49 11/06/2014
Not sure if I what console I want to get the game for. Probably xbox one since there are USB ports in the back of the console.

Anyway, I'm going to buy new corlanders and trapmasters.

Don't think I'm going to buy crystals at all.
SennyBonku Blue Sparx Gems: 673
#44 Posted: 22:26:37 11/06/2014
Nothing.
Except few cores, I don't buy the TT idea and designs at all. Besides, Skylanders here are hard to get and quite costfull in comparison to *cough D cough I cough* and it seems with SF less and less shops were selling them. Unless they wont return with Heroic Challenges or other ways to improve each character with more than just terrible, repetitive and boring quests for more HP, I'm as well as done with this brand.
jedihunter15 Green Sparx Gems: 218
#45 Posted: 22:37:17 11/06/2014
Quote: SennyBonku
Nothing.
Except few cores, I don't buy the TT idea and designs at all. Besides, Skylanders here are hard to get and quite costfull in comparison to *cough D cough I cough* and it seems with SF less and less shops were selling them. Unless they wont return with Heroic Challenges or other ways to improve each character with more than just terrible, repetitive and boring quests for more HP, I'm as well as done with this brand.

DI cost just as much or more if you buy blind bags for disks
SennyBonku Blue Sparx Gems: 673
#46 Posted: 23:00:47 11/06/2014
Not here, besides I couldn't care less about power discs. I started to collect Skylanders because of Spyro and the overall idea of improving the figures. To compare, average price for DI is around 40 and average price for SF figure is around 60. When we count ammount of Skylanders and figures in DI... No way that it would cost me more, even if I would desperatly want to buy all the discs (and if I would, I could just get specific ones on auctions, not invest into blind bags). So not sure how's the situation in place you live, but here Skylanders are harder to get and quite expensive in comparison to DI.
Whale117 Green Sparx Gems: 110
#47 Posted: 00:26:57 12/06/2014
I will probably buy the starter pack for xbox 360, krypt king (hopefully wave 1), another trap master, and a magic trap so I can get PAINATA on day one and maybe a tech trap
---
"BLINK AND DESTROY"-smilie
"FRUIT PUNCH"-smilie
"ALL WOUND UP"-smilie
ToySoldierMafia Blue Sparx Gems: 916
#48 Posted: 01:45:18 12/06/2014
Starter pack, new cores, series 2's and one of each element trap. Then if I'll buy the rest, that aren't variants or lightcores, between waves. I didn't care for giants and trap masters aren't all that different, so they're low on my list. Even if Krypt King and Jawbreaker look awesome.
EmperorKaos Emerald Sparx Gems: 4392
#49 Posted: 13:39:53 12/06/2014
Starter for console and s4 spyro
longsh0t Yellow Sparx Gems: 1293
#50 Posted: 17:26:07 12/06/2014
To start, variants and exclusives as they release but that's pretty much it. If there's an exclusive starter pack similar to the Dark Edition, I will pick that up but I don't plan to buy the game or any regular figures until well after it's been out (sometime in 2015).
---
E . · '/· . F
Your Tears Fuel Me
Trading Card List
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me