darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > This year's E3 exclusive isn't a Skylander, but a special trapped villain.
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
This year's E3 exclusive isn't a Skylander, but a special trapped villain.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#1 Posted: 17:46:22 07/06/2014 | Topic Creator
So, Activision is doing something DRAMATICALLY different this year... Instead of a new variant of an existing character, fans will get..

A Life Torch Trap with an exclusive villain called Riot Shield Shredder.

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

Huh. Pretty much confirms villain variants.

Oh, forgot the actual link.

http://kotaku.com/this-years-e...at-a-1587532896
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 18:23:14 07/06/2014 by Matteomax
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#2 Posted: 17:53:27 07/06/2014
so will people who don't attend e3 be able to trap him in-game?
#3 Posted: 17:54:14 07/06/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: ZapNorris
so will people who don't attend e3 be able to trap him in-game?

Presumably, no. This seems like a variant of Shredder.
---
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#4 Posted: 17:55:27 07/06/2014
so is the variant prefix "riot" or "riot shield?"
#5 Posted: 17:57:22 07/06/2014 | Topic Creator
Never mind:

Quote: Kotaku
This little bugger is a redeco of the normal Shield Shredder enemy, with a special blazing red weapon and an exclusive suit of armor.

He's a variant. Riot is the variant prefix.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:15:50 07/06/2014 by Matteomax
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#6 Posted: 18:31:05 07/06/2014
Great, so they're able to give away special variants of the villains too now. Kind of saw that coming, but...ugggh.
At least it looks like he'll be regularly available in the game though.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
#7 Posted: 18:33:57 07/06/2014 | Topic Creator
I just hope that his prices will stay low.
---
chopper Red Sparx Gems: 77
#8 Posted: 18:49:21 07/06/2014
Quote: Matteomax
I just hope that his prices will stay low.

same!
---
get to da choppa
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#9 Posted: 18:50:39 07/06/2014
Which store will he be available during giveaways?
#10 Posted: 18:54:22 07/06/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: TheShadowDragon
Which store will he be available during giveaways?

..He's E3 exclusive.
---
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#11 Posted: 19:05:08 07/06/2014
Yeah, I don't expect big dollars for a classless trap. It's cute and all, but ok already.

Consider this: the only way to play these are to open the package. I suspect folks who want to see the variant are going to open theirs.

They better be focusing their presentation on WHY I need this game other than the toys.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:06:13 07/06/2014 by GhostRoaster
JackSparx Gold Sparx Gems: 2349
#12 Posted: 19:11:34 07/06/2014
This disappoints me. smilie I can quite easily skip over re painted skylanders but this is going to make my collection feel incomplete. Making me second think this whole game for the first time... Weird feeling, that.
---
Trade: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie S2 smilie smilie smilie smilie LC smilie smilie
LloydDXZX Yellow Sparx Gems: 1637
#13 Posted: 19:13:00 07/06/2014
You've got to be kidding me bro!!! Arrg I'll have to spend the 300-500$ for him smilie
---
Imaginators is making it revive.
#14 Posted: 19:16:08 07/06/2014
Quote: LloydDXZX
You've got to be kidding me bro!!! Arrg I'll have to spend the 300-500$ for him smilie

If you really want him, the last thing I'd do is spout off HOW MUCH someone could snipe the auction up to.

Anyone trying to collect these should be running to the hills, there's very few "complete" collectors out there left.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Kung Fu Man Gold Sparx Gems: 2120
#15 Posted: 22:15:11 07/06/2014
The worth is really going to depend on how the character is stored on the trap. If it say unlocks him in the game, then it's a simple matter of unlocking him in game, sending him to the prison, back up your save, load onto another toy, restore backup, and repeat. Then everyone gets him.

If he is bound to this particular trap, then the alternative is that one modifies the game's coding to get him somehow. But one way or another, this isn't even really a variant so much as a 'shiny pokemon' type deal.
WickedRogue Gold Sparx Gems: 2725
#16 Posted: 23:01:56 07/06/2014
It is a disappointment to see more and more of the gameplay stuff be exclusive and not given to the majority of the fans. Quickdraw Rattle Shake comes to mind also etc. etc.
---
Elite Skystones Set Complete.
pennyman Gold Sparx Gems: 2106
#17 Posted: 23:39:38 07/06/2014
Talking about Riot Shield Shredder and Krypt King in today's vlog - enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sV462uG0Jg

#18 Posted: 00:07:23 08/06/2014
While I appreciate you posting the vids, posting them here is pretty blatantly advertising since you're not saying anything that's not already been said here by all of us, no?
nocturnalnathan Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#19 Posted: 00:13:50 08/06/2014
I think this confirms that there will be variant villains, leading me to further believe that "Outlaw" Brawl and Chain is just an alt deco as well.
---
"Chicks dig giant robots"
#20 Posted: 00:40:58 08/06/2014
Quote: Kung Fu Man
While I appreciate you posting the vids, posting them here is pretty blatantly advertising since you're not saying anything that's not already been said here by all of us, no?

The rules don't apply to everyone...same as the progressive tax code. smilie
---
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#21 Posted: 01:40:18 08/06/2014
So it sounds like they're doing a full 180 against their old plan of making chase/super-exclusive variants appear as normal counterparts ingame (instead of as the special toy colors) because they didn't want them to feel too special where they felt required.
Unless traps are just a convenient way around that since they technically aren't toys.
Disappointing news, again.
---
#all Spyros are valid
Rattlebuckler Gold Sparx Gems: 2298
#22 Posted: 01:59:26 08/06/2014
So this confirms outlaw brawl and chain as a variant so the 11.99 is probably for the variant villans
---
We’re 106 miles from Chicago we got a full tank of gas a half a pack of cigarettes it’s dark and we’re wearing sunglasses hit it -blues brothers
Dyno-Mite Ripto Gems: 92
#23 Posted: 02:29:18 08/06/2014

Couldn't be better said. In every relevant topic, you can see his videos.
#24 Posted: 02:40:16 08/06/2014 | Topic Creator

He's allowed to.
---
#25 Posted: 02:41:00 08/06/2014
Quote: Rattlebuckler
So this confirms outlaw brawl and chain as a variant so the 11.99 is probably for the variant villans

Mm well the exact wording is a bit muddy. I'm interpreting it not as the traps will be $11.99, but that there's a buffer for a maximum of $11.99 which would allow it to be placed anywhere below that mark for items. Perhaps someone higher up at Target assumed that the traps wouldn't be placed into the higher range of the line with the LCs, Giants/Swappers and Double/Triple/Adventure/Battle packs.

Regardless, if a special one is $11.99, then the regulars would be the same price. I don't believe we've ever had a variant that was at a higher price point than it's normal counterpart except for TRU stuff.
---
#26 Posted: 02:47:26 08/06/2014
He's allowed to.

In *every* related thread Matt? C'mon, even you have to call that excessive.
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#27 Posted: 02:49:54 08/06/2014
He looks cool
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#28 Posted: 02:54:04 08/06/2014

He's allowed to.

I don't want to start a fight, but that doesn't even make sense. What if I posted a video of my [hypothetical] channel? BAM! Moderated Message.
#29 Posted: 03:12:16 08/06/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Dyno-Mite

He's allowed to.

I don't want to start a fight, but that doesn't even make sense. What if I posted a video of my [hypothetical] channel? BAM! Moderated Message.

Let's see:

He's associated with Activision.

He was given permission by dark.

Can we not continue this? We're starting to go off-topic.
---
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#30 Posted: 03:32:49 08/06/2014
I think the best part is that someone should be able to alter the Skylanders Editor to allow you to "download" all these variant villains that you can't get otherwise. smilie
Haseo Blue Sparx Gems: 889
#31 Posted: 05:01:15 08/06/2014
So since The variants don't have physical models and are just coding saved to a key we could probably find a way to save a variants coding to a normal key using some hacks, and we wouldn't have to have a variant figure or any figure at all to prove if it was real or not, unless somehow they made that exclusive crystal the only type that could hold said variant...

EDIT: also the little villain guy reminds me a lot of Wild fire...
---
-something-
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:02:41 08/06/2014 by Haseo
ShaneK Yellow Sparx Gems: 1736
#32 Posted: 05:51:27 08/06/2014
Quote: Haseo
So since The variants don't have physical models and are just coding saved to a key we could probably find a way to save a variants coding to a normal key using some hacks, and we wouldn't have to have a variant figure or any figure at all to prove if it was real or not, unless somehow they made that exclusive crystal the only type that could hold said variant...

Hopefully they can be shared out like the UFO hat.

Put him in the vault, into a regular trap, and post around the world letting people save him as they go.

If we can do this it's much better than the usual E3 variants.
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#33 Posted: 06:30:39 08/06/2014

He's allowed to.

Once wdrumz posted some upgrade path videos on the Swap Force upgrade path topic and when I did it with Punk Shock I got a Moderated Message for advertising.
---
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#34 Posted: 07:18:37 08/06/2014
Quote: ShaneK
Quote: Haseo

Hopefully they can be shared out like the UFO hat.

Put him in the vault, into a regular trap, and post around the world letting people save him as they go.

If we can do this it's much better than the usual E3 variants.

There prob a way to get this guy somehow into a trap if he's coded into the game.

I guess i'll skip the e3 skylander this year as a trap is not something i care about, now a villain figure or something sure.

I am going to assume that this is a reskin/variant of an enemy we can trap but will be colored diff. Activ is a freaking genius, they can now make a "trap" worth pennies to make and ppl will blow 10.99 on it to get a figure.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:25:02 08/06/2014 by SlayerX11
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#35 Posted: 08:09:53 08/06/2014
its just a variant of a variant of a digital character in the game. you people aint missing out, only the crazies that 'gotta collect them all" will do.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
myskylanders Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#36 Posted: 09:16:17 08/06/2014
Some people are allowed to post their videos even if they don't contain anything new, some are not, there don't have to be good reasons. This forum is not a democracy so we have to deal with it.
---
- http://www.myskylanders.de All Skylanders related in German
Nroc-Nuika Platinum Sparx Gems: 5329
#37 Posted: 14:06:43 08/06/2014
So basically, Riot Shield Shredder will ONLY be available to those who attended E3?

That is some grade A bull. Making a physical toy an exclusive to a special event that only press can attend is one thing, because it's only the colour of plastic it's cast in and doesn't effect the look or title of the figure in game, but making a character that the game recognises as being a different unique exclusive is a whole new level of unfair.

Why couldn't they just make an exclusively coloured trap? A trap with a regular villain trapped within for early access, or just a solid chrome core from Swapforce in carrying tradition. I'm so mad about this, because everyone at the event who gets one will put it online for like a bazillion bucks and people like me who care get diddly squit.
---
I always forget to check my guestbook
#38 Posted: 14:34:11 08/06/2014
[quote=Nroc-Nuika Making a physical toy an exclusive to a special event that only press can attend is one thing, because it's only the colour of plastic it's cast in and doesn't effect the look or title of the figure in game, but making a character that the game recognises as being a different unique exclusive is a whole new level of unfair.[/quote]

Well to be fair all of the special ones in recent events have come up as "Special" in the game. Alt Deco Skylanders have also occasionally had the short end of the stick for collectors like the Dark Edition ones, QuickDraw Rattle Shake and Royal Double Trouble, etc.

Certainly this isn't out of the norm, although I'd be very curious to see if this one will "count" as one in the 3DS version. In fact, that version needs to have a serious redevelopment with collection things. Any kind of special or "alternate" character shouldn't be counted toward the totals, just like the console version. Especially now that there's so many extra variants and such.
---
sustainablspyro Yellow Sparx Gems: 1648
#39 Posted: 20:02:08 08/06/2014
Am I the only one who thinks this is a Bumble Blast ripoff?
---
Bye everyone. After the hack thing, I'm leaving.
#40 Posted: 21:25:03 08/06/2014
Quote: sustainablspyro
Am I the only one who thinks this is a Bumble Blast ripoff?

Probably, he's just a wooden...oh wait...
Toynerd14 Ripto Gems: 95
#41 Posted: 21:31:15 08/06/2014
It's at times like these when I hate being 14. I really want to go to E3! Oh... That trap is nice as well (I guess)
#42 Posted: 02:22:34 09/06/2014
Quote: Nroc-Nuika
So basically, Riot Shield Shredder will ONLY be available to those who attended E3?

That is some grade A bull. Making a physical toy an exclusive to a special event that only press can attend is one thing, because it's only the colour of plastic it's cast in and doesn't effect the look or title of the figure in game, but making a character that the game recognises as being a different unique exclusive is a whole new level of unfair.

Why couldn't they just make an exclusively coloured trap? A trap with a regular villain trapped within for early access, or just a solid chrome core from Swapforce in carrying tradition. I'm so mad about this, because everyone at the event who gets one will put it online for like a bazillion bucks and people like me who care get diddly squit.

To me, this year is no different---it's a slightly renamed version of a villain that does the same thing.

Face it...some will have...others will not. You'll eventually come to terms with it.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:23:22 09/06/2014 by GhostRoaster
jedihunter15 Green Sparx Gems: 218
#43 Posted: 03:02:04 09/06/2014
If you would buy it from ebay how do you know the person selling it didn't take the villain off the crystal before they sell it?
ShaneK Yellow Sparx Gems: 1736
#44 Posted: 03:30:54 09/06/2014
Quote: jedihunter15
If you would buy it from ebay how do you know the person selling it didn't take the villain off the crystal before they sell it?

Why would you care? if it's there for you all the better.

You could even sell it on. Winwin
#45 Posted: 03:35:58 09/06/2014
Quote: wreckingballbob

He's allowed to.

Once wdrumz posted some upgrade path videos on the Swap Force upgrade path topic and when I did it with Punk Shock I got a Moderated Message for advertising.

You aren't cool and hip enough on youtube. The cold hard truth is that their rules should be modified to say "at our discretion" as they appear to selectively apply to people.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:37:05 09/06/2014 by GhostRoaster
Corn_Hornet Yellow Sparx Gems: 1982
#46 Posted: 03:40:20 09/06/2014
If they put it on eBay before the game comes out, there's a good chance the villain is still on it. smilie

And if the package has never been opened.

Here's a thought...let's say you transfer these exclusive villains into the vault and then your save file gets deleted somehow. No more villain.
#47 Posted: 03:45:20 09/06/2014
Quote: Corn_Hornet
If they put it on eBay before the game comes out, there's a good chance the villain is still on it. smilie

And if the package has never been opened.

Here's a thought...let's say you transfer these exclusive villains into the vault and then your save file gets deleted somehow. No more villain.

That is an interesting scenario. Despite being told how all of this works, there does appear to be some loopholes with this villain transfer business that make me uncomfortable. Having the toy BE the character is a lot less messy.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:46:02 09/06/2014 by GhostRoaster
FreezeBlade98 Blue Sparx Gems: 938
#48 Posted: 04:48:21 09/06/2014
I wonder if that trap will be a E3 exlusive? I hope not because that trap looks really cool.
---
Best Trap Masters: smilie smilie smilie
Best villains: smilie smilie Tae Cwan Crow
DaMadNes Blue Sparx Gems: 944
#49 Posted: 23:08:15 09/06/2014
Hope not cuz its neat.

Personally I don't understand the outrage over exclusive villians, but to each his own I guess. As long as the vanilla flavor is available I'm satisfied.
jedihunter15 Green Sparx Gems: 218
#50 Posted: 23:25:28 09/06/2014
i hope its not something that if you have that version of the character its track able like the swap force for the 3ds
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me