darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > E3: Who's Going and What to Expect
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
E3: Who's Going and What to Expect
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#1 Posted: 16:37:12 25/05/2014 | Topic Creator
Hey there guys. I made this topic so that we can speculate what we will see and find out who's going. This include normal members of the forum or big Youtubers. As we move closer to E3 this topic will be used for posting videos from E3 as well as pictures.

What is E3?

E3 is an expo for new electronics and video games. Skylanders has always been featured there since 2011 and will be there this year as well. Usually information regarding the game and figures is announced. There are also usually demos as well a the chance to get your hands on the figures. E3 is held in Los Angeles, California.

E3 is June 10-12

The booths that Activision will be featured in will be booths MR 303A, MR 304A, MR 403B, MR 404AB, 1647, and OFMR 8005.
Skylanders will more than likely be featured at 1627 as they are right next to Disney Interactive.

If you going tell me and I can add you to the list.

People Who Are Going:
milton310
Aura24
pennyman/Robert Welkner/COIN-OP TV
wdrumz
Probably Skylanders Dad
Probably FamilyGamerTV

Now here's what I expect to see;
An in depth look at Krypt King.
An in depth look at Gearshift.
The name of the "Air Dragon"
Possibly the name of the Egyptian, magic core
Info on the mini Spyro thing in the trailer
A look at S2 Shroombooms gameplay as well as an official title
The title of S4 Gill Grunt
3 More Reposes
2 New Cores
3-4 New Trap Masters
6 or 7 more Traps as well as a closer look at the Kaos trap
3 New Villains
Information on Lightcore
A look of upgrading villains
2 New Levels shon in depth
1 or 2 other levels seen or talked about
1 Adventure pack
1 Battle Pack

And that's about it.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
Edited 7 times - Last edited at 10:18:06 09/06/2014 by ninja9351
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#2 Posted: 16:40:11 25/05/2014
That may be a tad optimistic, but I think knowing about it's not far off from what I was expecting/hoping. I hope someone can man up on the actual gameplay, and if our toys will be more than boat anchors since the level cap is still 20 and the risk of not including heroics/quests seams reasonable at this point.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#3 Posted: 17:45:48 25/05/2014
Oohh... I can't wait for E3! smilie
Eggers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1305
#4 Posted: 18:56:04 25/05/2014
I'm hoping they do something like heroics, no matter how they happen or are developed. I just want the ability to work on my individual characters to improve their stats, especially the speed stat for those slow characters.
---
Rainbows are nature's rainbows!
#5 Posted: 19:37:06 25/05/2014
Quote: Eggers
I'm hoping they do something like heroics, no matter how they happen or are developed. I just want the ability to work on my individual characters to improve their stats, especially the speed stat for those slow characters.

Me too, but apparently we are the voiceless minority.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#6 Posted: 19:57:36 25/05/2014
Quote: GhostRoaster

I would love something to boost stats as well. I don't want to do 100+ missions to get every stat maxed. Maybe... Each Skylanders unlocks one but you have to be in that element to do it.
---
#7 Posted: 20:23:31 25/05/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: wreckingballbob

I would love something to boost stats as well. I don't want to do 100+ missions to get every stat maxed. Maybe... Each Skylanders unlocks one but you have to be in that element to do it.

I don't see why we can't just have them back. People say oh I'm so glad I don't HAVE to do heroics. But they never had to, it's a want. For example you don't have to do 100+ missions on every Skylander just for the heck of it. Just do the ones you want.
---
#8 Posted: 20:39:03 25/05/2014
Quote: wreckingballbob

I don't see why they can't make new heroic challenges that unlock with the new characters. Have 50 of them with the same identifying name in the code as the past 50, thus any that were already done would show up as completed in any old Skylanders. Then we'll have some new ones to do, plus we can appease those who feel they "have to" do this optional gameplay (as ninja pointed out) and not have to redo all heroics for every single character we own. Then you'd just have to do any boosts that are added beyond the 50 that are already spoken for, if any. I'm not up to date on how many new core/trapmasters there are going to be. I think it's fully possible to do heroics in this game and I would really like to see them back. If nothing else in my list of things I would like to see changed from Swap Force, I'd really like this one thing to be returned to us.
---
Dyno-Mite Ripto Gems: 92
#9 Posted: 21:59:22 25/05/2014
Here's a suggestion for "heroics": replace bonus missions with identical challenges that boost the stats of an individual Skylanders like before. Make them available to buy at an (in-game) shop and littered through-out the story mode and wala.
#10 Posted: 22:32:03 25/05/2014
Quote: Dyno-Mite
Here's a suggestion for "heroics": replace bonus missions with identical challenges that boost the stats of an individual Skylanders like before. Make them available to buy at an (in-game) shop and littered through-out the story mode and wala.

I'd certainly take that too! lol
---
#11 Posted: 01:23:27 26/05/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Dyno-Mite

I belive it vwala or vala
---
#12 Posted: 02:12:42 26/05/2014
To skylandersboyandgirl, 8bitgamer, coinoptv....please try and get gameplay mechanics scoop. I'm much less interested about the gimmick and the new toys as I am on what they are really providing us. I'll not hold my breath, though.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:13:03 26/05/2014 by GhostRoaster
#13 Posted: 02:31:52 26/05/2014 | Topic Creator
So who's going?
---
diddy50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2554
#14 Posted: 18:17:30 26/05/2014
I'd also like to know if we will just need ONE trap master to unlock all special gates and content or one from each element.
milton310 Blue Sparx Gems: 958
#15 Posted: 01:23:17 27/05/2014
I would say that you would need to get only one to complete all. I am also going to E3 from Boston for the entire event, since I also need to over XBox, Sony, and Nintendo for my company.
---
"One choice can lead to a change to the metagame"
Member of the Smogon OU/Ban Committee
Head of Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire Tiering List
#16 Posted: 01:43:13 27/05/2014
I'm very interested in seeing Arkham Knight gameplay demo...everything else is just blah blah....
---
#17 Posted: 02:41:22 27/05/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: milton310
I would say that you would need to get only one to complete all. I am also going to E3 from Boston for the entire event, since I also need to over XBox, Sony, and Nintendo for my company.

I'll add you to the list of people who are going.
---
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#18 Posted: 07:15:25 27/05/2014
I'm very interested in seeing Arkham Knight gameplay demo...everything else is just blah blah....

Not my kind of game, but, beside Trap Team, I'm eager to see the new Media Molecule PS4 game...

Sorry for the little off-topicness. smilie

What I expect to see is:
- at least three new cores (maybe some of the unconfirmed ones);
- at least four new Trap Masters (including the "Mummy);
- a couple new traps, and their respective villains (Wolfgang...? smilie);
- some gameplay of at least two new levels;
- a couple unfinished (and yet unplayable) characters, like Spy Rise, Rip Tide, Pop Thorn, Grilla Drilla and Fire Kraken, last year;
- a longer trailer, showing some new Skylanders and villains;
- some new in game mechanics, like the new autogyro sections;
- one of the two teased gimmicks.

I am particularly curious to see if two Trap Masters of the same element have a weapon of the same color. I really don't hope so, it would ruin a bit of the uniqueness of each character. Even a slightly different shade would work perfectly! smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#19 Posted: 10:43:51 27/05/2014
My good friend Aura is going. I MIGHT be able to post pics and news.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#20 Posted: 10:55:05 27/05/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: Matteomax

As in, Aura that hated Kappa?
---
Rattlebuckler Gold Sparx Gems: 2298
#21 Posted: 11:59:55 27/05/2014
can you all keep me posted because of the fact that i will be in washington next week
---
We’re 106 miles from Chicago we got a full tank of gas a half a pack of cigarettes it’s dark and we’re wearing sunglasses hit it -blues brothers
#22 Posted: 12:12:53 27/05/2014
Quote: Rattlebuckler
can you all keep me posted because of the fact that i will be in washington next week

..Just watch the forums. News will come flying out when E3 happens.
---
Rattlebuckler Gold Sparx Gems: 2298
#23 Posted: 13:13:39 27/05/2014
thanks i hope the mummy will be revealed along with more trap masters and villains along with a couple core but i have a feeling activision and TFB are not telling us something
---
We’re 106 miles from Chicago we got a full tank of gas a half a pack of cigarettes it’s dark and we’re wearing sunglasses hit it -blues brothers
#24 Posted: 18:41:34 27/05/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: ninja9351

Again I ask. This is Aura24 we are talking about?
---
#25 Posted: 19:15:41 27/05/2014

Yes.. As in the same Aura who is the admin of the Skylanders Wiki.
---
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#26 Posted: 19:20:18 27/05/2014
So aside from milton310, are there any others going for the whole duration of the event?

A friend of a friend is going there on behalf of Sony, but aside from that I don't know of any others.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
#27 Posted: 19:56:34 27/05/2014
Quote: Drek95

Not my kind of game, but, beside Trap Team, I'm eager to see the new Media Molecule PS4 game...

What is that specifically? I saw some E3 demo from last year about their move controller tech...
---
#28 Posted: 21:12:18 27/05/2014 | Topic Creator

Yes.. As in the same Aura who is the admin of the Skylanders Wiki.

Alright well in that case, I went ahead and put her on the list at the top.

So anyone else know if they are going?
---
#29 Posted: 22:55:00 27/05/2014

What is that specifically? I saw some E3 demo from last year about their move controller tech...

Well, we still don't know anything about it. However, it should be related to the Sony virtual reality headset (currently known as Project Morpheus) and should involve virtual 3D sculpting of objects, characters and scenes to later play with.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#30 Posted: 23:09:02 27/05/2014

Well, we still don't know anything about it. However, it should be related to the Sony virtual reality headset (currently known as Project Morpheus) and should involve virtual 3D sculpting of objects, characters and scenes to later play with.

Ahh, ok...so it's the same project I saw a video from the E3 last year. Cool. It does look interesting.
---
ninjacat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1259
#31 Posted: 23:09:53 27/05/2014
wait when is E3... '-.-
---
BOW DOWN TO YOUR BELOVED RULER ~ :3 NUFF SED.
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#32 Posted: 23:56:48 27/05/2014
It starts June 9th, ends June 11th. Correct me if I'm wrong.
#33 Posted: 01:16:42 28/05/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: TrapShadowFan
It starts June 9th, ends June 11th. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I belive that's correct.
---
#34 Posted: 01:19:31 28/05/2014 | Topic Creator
I added some info regarding what goes on at E3 for those of you guys who didn't know.
---
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#35 Posted: 01:37:20 28/05/2014
I hoping to see some story details and another trailer.
#36 Posted: 02:28:02 28/05/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: spyrocrash
I hoping to see some story details and another trailer.

Yeah I bet we will see both of these as well as price information.
---
ninjacat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1259
#37 Posted: 17:05:50 28/05/2014
E3 GET HERE FASTER!!!!!!!

I NEEED AIIIRRR DRAGGGOJONNNN..... *slowly being pulled away by officials*
---
BOW DOWN TO YOUR BELOVED RULER ~ :3 NUFF SED.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:06:44 28/05/2014 by ninjacat
#38 Posted: 19:01:57 28/05/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: ninjacat
E3 GET HERE FASTER!!!!!!!

I NEEED AIIIRRR DRAGGGOJONNNN..... *slowly being pulled away by officials*

I know right? I still have to do all my EOG's. (End Of Grade Tests)
---
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#39 Posted: 14:39:43 29/05/2014
I am not going to E3, although I will be heading to smash-fest at the Best Buy near my house. Which is just as good (Although it won't have non nintendo news)
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
pennyman Gold Sparx Gems: 2106
#40 Posted: 07:36:38 01/06/2014
Looking forward to seeing and meeting some fellow Portal Masters at E3 Expo -- been going to this event for about 15 years -- it's very crowded and crazy but I'll see what I can do as for getting some new Skylanders Trap Team gameplay. Also - reading your comments and feedback on things to ask about -- I generally focus on the individual characters as that has always been something to interest me smilie

-Rob Welkner
aka pennyman
COIN-OP TV
#41 Posted: 11:53:42 01/06/2014 | Topic Creator
Quote: pennyman
Looking forward to seeing and meeting some fellow Portal Masters at E3 Expo -- been going to this event for about 15 years -- it's very crowded and crazy but I'll see what I can do as for getting some new Skylanders Trap Team gameplay. Also - reading your comments and feedback on things to ask about -- I generally focus on the individual characters as that has always been something to interest me smilie

-Rob Welkner
aka pennyman
COIN-OP TV

Alright! I'll add you to the list up top.
---
#42 Posted: 18:07:36 01/06/2014
I'm not sure if this has been asked or answered already, but I'm very curious about this: Let's say I'm playing with Boomer and I switch him out with a trapped villain such as the Chompie Mage. When the Mage runs out of health, I presume he becomes unplayable until the level is over like the Skylanders. But what about Boomer? Does his health run independently of anything that happens to the Mage while tagged out, or do they both become unplayable until the level is over? I know I read somewhere that all gold and XP go to the Skylander, in this example Boomer. Would the knockout do something to Boomer too?
---
#43 Posted: 21:35:00 01/06/2014
Quote: pennyman

-Rob Welkner
aka pennyman
COIN-OP TV

Well, characters help with the sizzle...but you have to start being critical if they won't give us upgraded level caps and as of now no heroics. So, where's the toys to life in this game? I think we're way too bloated on characters versus content. Time to call em out on that. I saw the look of disappointment you had that they've already taken any online component out. They gotta do more than to introduce more characters and a gimmick.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:35:37 02/06/2014 by GhostRoaster
#44 Posted: 22:36:03 03/06/2014 | Topic Creator
Ok guys so I found the booths that Activision will be at.
MR 303A, MR 304A, MR 403B, MR 404AB, 1647, OFMR 8005
More than likely Skylanders will only be featured at 1647 as that booth is adjacent to Disney Interactive's booth. The rest will probably show off Acti's other games.
---
DaMadNes Blue Sparx Gems: 944
#45 Posted: 23:25:22 03/06/2014
I just want a figure count.

How many total, trap masters, core, reposed etc
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#46 Posted: 23:27:30 03/06/2014
Id go if it wasn't all the way in cali and i could get in.
#47 Posted: 23:52:28 03/06/2014 | Topic Creator
So anyone else for sure going?
---
Miirik Green Sparx Gems: 206
#48 Posted: 13:08:33 04/06/2014
My hope is if Rob Welkner goes to E3 for skylanders, he doesn't mispronounce half the things. I like ya rob, but all the mispronunciations you make in your skylanders 101 videos of their ability names really bugs me!

I hope to see more chomper gameplay... and the "mummy", along with the high five character. I want to see more of the traptanium skylanders
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#49 Posted: 13:35:32 04/06/2014
To all the users that goes to E3 makes a video about Mummy and all his moveset, please smilie
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
#50 Posted: 15:48:29 04/06/2014
Quote: Miirik
My hope is if Rob Welkner goes to E3 for skylanders, he doesn't mispronounce half the things. I like ya rob, but all the mispronunciations you make in your skylanders 101 videos of their ability names really bugs me!

I hope to see more chomper gameplay... and the "mummy", along with the high five character. I want to see more of the traptanium skylanders

Speaking about mistakes... Don't you mean "Chopper"? smilie

Just joking, I would like to see more of him too, and, as you said, at least the winner of the naming contest, if not all the three unnamed characters. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me