Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Fandom > Fan Fiction > TLoS: The Plan of Thanatos *CO-OP*
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
TLoS: The Plan of Thanatos *CO-OP* [CLOSED]
SpyroinDraenor Blue Sparx Gems: 771
#51 Posted: 10:27:10 05/09/2014 | Topic Creator
Chapter 30

Spyro followed the Wildcard, just staying a little way back, they descended through large insect-like passagweways, until they came to a passage full of scuttling and clicking insects, that filled it from wall to wall, there would be no fighting, they'd be overrun in a second, their attacks extinguished before they could do anything, so they had to run through. The Wildcard charged through, with Tyrian providing an electrical shield around all of them, they charged through the masses, with each insect coming at them from behind, they were constantly surrounded and constantly under attack, but they eventually made it to the end of the passsageway and the Wildcard created a wall of lightning that the bugs pressed against and fizzled up, they held back ater that. They went through two more passageways just like that one until they came to a room with two large figures standing at either end, they were C'thun's prime jailors.

They charged in, one was aspellcaster, who sent waves of fire and ice spirralling away from him with unnerring ease, and the other one wielded a huge obsidian broadsword which he swung in wild arcs, at first they tried to get them close together, so they would damage themselves with their attacks, but the closer they got to each other, the stronger they seemed to get, so they split up into two groups. Thanatos, Skourodrakos, Spyro, Cynder, Anapto and the WIldcard attacked the spellcaster at one end of the room, while Systro, Skia, Tyrian, Kato, Terrador, Volteer and Cyril attacked the one with the sword, they kept them as far away from each other as they could, but eventually, they teleported together, right into the middle, but something wierd happened, a large Eye appeared and spoke ominously, "I shall be freed" and with that he whipped the two into one figure. He stopped, confused, not knowing whether to use his sword to attack the dragons attacking him right up at front, or to use his spells to attack the ones far off, that moment of indecision killed him, as they all attacked as one, and the great warrior fell.

As one, they left through the door on the other side, and came to where C'thun was, bridling in his power. The first of the core essences, the others were Yogg'saron, y'Shaarj and N'zoth, who resided in Ulduar, the Vale of Eternal Sorrows and Nazjatar. C'thun rose, his giant eye resting atop a mass of tentacles, frightening. It rose out of a pool of darkness and spoke, "Mortals, what brings you here, to my prison?" "We need your aid" stated Spyro, "In defeating Chrysosavra, an evil dragon who has grown so strong, hje has the power to reshape the whole world, and seeks to destroy it all."

C'thun agreed, and they left Ahn'Qiraj, then went on towards Ulduar.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:51:29 31/10/2014 by SpyroinDraenor
Eternal Sunfury Blue Sparx Gems: 664
#52 Posted: 12:20:34 11/10/2014
This story seems cool, bring more chapters.
---
Remember before when I was talking about smelly garbage standing around being useless? That was a metaphor. I was actually talking about you.
#53 Posted: 17:51:06 31/10/2014 | Topic Creator
By the way H72 you failed with your chapter numbers, we are actually on Chap 32...

In honour of it being halloween today, in this chapter we have a guest appearance of a special halloween figure, the Headless Horseman, also known as the Dullahan...

---

Chapter 32

Spyro sat and watched the gates of Ulduar, Al'akir and C'thun had entered through that a while ago and still hadn't returned. What if some dreadful monster had massacred them?

While he was deep in contemplation, he heard a shout, Cynder had seen a great beast come out of the gates. A mass of writhing green tentacles, dripping with a horrible slimy concoction, with a great jaw resting atop the seething mass, with smaller mouths snapping above it. The group hastily got up and began running, then flying, to get away from the hideous aberration spawned in the darkest pit of hell itself. Then Al'akir called out, "Ho! Why are you in such a rush, and cor' blimey, you look like you've looked upon the face of the devil himself, what has gotten into you?"

They stopped, Al'akir and C'thun were walking behind the creature and it was communicating to C'thun in a series of sharp hisses and choking sounds, that sounded like a tortured mewl in its last moments. While they'd been in there, Spyro, Cynder, Kato, Skia, Tyrian, Thanatos and the Wildcard had come up with a marvellous plan to breach the Vale of Eternal Sorrows.

They set off immediately, and after about an hour came to the Mist-hidden Vale. They plunged down onto the edge of the vale, where the ground was lush and green. A peaceful race of bear-men strolled around the lush plains, picking flowers and meditating. yet as they neared the centre, the ground went from green to a dark black, and from grass to barren plain.

Also, the bear-men went from peaceful to warlike, instead of wearing cloaks and loose-fitting clothes, they held staffs and wore a sort of uniform. Some carried swords and shields too. Walking among them were other races too, a fierce race of insects, similar to the ones they’d seen in Ahn’qiraj, but smarter. They carried wicked looking blades and flew around angrily, chittering madly. Lastly, there were a fierce race that held heavy plate armor and held themselves tall and strong. Some held swords in one hand, others in two. The ones with one-handed blades held strange looking objects at their sides, magical objects. Others had heavy looking maces and stone lions at their sides.

Three intimidating figures stood at the top of a large palace, looking down over the scene before them. One from each race. They were speaking in hushed tones, but C’thun (even though he had no ears) intercepted their conversation and repeated it to them.

“Xin... um...curse you and your bad hearing... Weaponmaster!” said the Bear-man, “yes? What is it Taran Zhu?” replied Xin, the proud green creature with a red stone lion at his side. “I sense a disturbance in the Vale, something has pierced the mists...” said Zhu, “We must heighten the guard, and keep guard over the entrance to the Pools, Garrosh is hiding in there somewhere, let us hope that whoever it is isn’t here to rescue him... Grand Empress!” The Insect-leader came forward, “I told you already, call me by Shek’zeer!” Zhu repeated what he’d said to Xin, “There is trouble brewing?” replied Shek’zeer, “Well, then, we must heighten the guard...” She then released a horrid chittering sound, at which all the other insects turned and listened, they then repeated it to the other two races.

“Smart...” commented the Wildcard, “Shout the orders in a language only you understand and then your soldiers relay the orders in something everyone else understands, but quietly, so that no attacker hears the orders...”

“yes, very smart, and that helps us... how exactly?” Thanatos commented drily. The Wildcard snorted but otherwise remained silent. They saw guards flocking to the base of the palace, in front of some door. yogg’saron growled, “I don’t know who that Garrosh fella is, but I do know that y‘Shaarj is in there somewhere. The Wildcard roared and the horn in the centre of its head glowed, it seemed to be listening to a message, then it uttered a short growling laugh, “I’ve just received a message that helps immensely. One of the prisoners of the Dark World has escaped, a certain horseman who lost his head. He needs dealing with, and who better than these soldiers...

He then prepared to open the rift...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:20:16 31/10/2014 by SpyroinDraenor
#54 Posted: 19:20:47 31/10/2014 | Topic Creator
Chapter 32.5

With a grunt, he opened a rift in the sky, and out galloped, the Headless Horseman. He laughed and shouted, “it’s over now, your search is done! Let fate choose now, the righteous one...”. He galloped through the sky, burning everything in wake, one thing baffled Skourodrakos though, the Headless Horseman seemed to have a head...

The insects flew to the sky and battled him until he had to land, then the full force of the army descended on him, he full under the onslaught, everyone except the Wildcard groaned, “Oh, don’t worry, he is incredibly hard to kill, being already dead and all...”

They heard a voice, “Get over here, you idiot!” It was the Head of the Horseman, its body was swinging a blade round, massacring everything, to get to the head. Shek’zeer leapt down to confront him, but then the body got back to the head. They bonded in a flash of darkness, and the horse was once again under him. “Tis my body, fit and pure... now your blackened souls I’ll cure!” With a laugh he lunged forward, penetrating the Grand Empress’s protection and biting deep. She wailed and collapsed, the horse rode over her and she was dead the next second. The other two leaders roared in anger, and Xin the Weaponmaster leapt down.

“Harken, cur! Tis you I spurn... Now feel, the burn!” yelled the headless Horseman, engulfing Xin in flames, but a double-edged sword came out of the flames, and stabbed the Headless Horseman through the heart. There was a flash, and once again there came the cry of, “Get over here you idiot!” The body pushed Xin over with resounding strength and ran over to the head, they joined again in another explosion, “Tis my body, fit and pure... now your blackened souls I’ll cure!”

He was about to kill Xin in a lunge of his sword, the same as he’d done with Shek’zeer, but Taran Zhu leapt down and smashed his blade back with his own. The two leaders attacked the Horseman but he held out well, until the horse was killed, the Horseman was sent to the ground, but he had another trick up his sleeve, “Soldiers, arise! Stand and fight! Bring victory at last, to this fallen knight!” Pumpkin soldiers began sprouting from the ground and surrounded the two leaders, they became distracted and the Horseman sliced up Zhu in three strikes of his sinister slicer. Xin roared angrily, and began turning in a cyclone of blades. The Pumpkin Soldiers fell beneath the onslaught and then he took out two lightning blades from his sheaths, both impaled the Horseman, and this time he didn’t get up again. With his last breath, he exhaled his last words, ‘Tis the end, I’ve reached before, what new adventures lie in store?” Then his body disappeared in a flash of green flame.

The Wildcard grinned and spoke, “Now, he’s gone for about a year until he resurfaces
again, brimming with anger over his ever-increasing past defeats. Then the group slipped past the pitiful remnant of the army and entered the pools. It was full of dark creatures that ignored them, servants of Y’Shaarj.

They walked boldly through the pools until they got to a great creature made of water. A voice sounded behind them, “This is Immerseus, the personification of the magical waters of the Vale, when I released the power of Y’Shaarj, wreaking the havoc you saw above, he got corrupted. Sadly, a group of adventurers cleansed him, pitiful beings really, but now I can’t get past it to return to Y’Shaarj, who beckons to me. My name is Garrosh, and I need aid...”

They steeled themselves and prepared to face the creature...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:52:01 03/12/2014 by SpyroinDraenor
#55 Posted: 12:16:54 22/12/2014
When will you bring more chapters?
---
Remember before when I was talking about smelly garbage standing around being useless? That was a metaphor. I was actually talking about you.
#56 Posted: 17:01:23 24/12/2014 | Topic Creator
Chapter 34

The Wildcard groaned, “There is one thing about the forces of this place, betrayal is met by death. If one guardian attacks another, then either one or both of them will die. Luckily, as Keeper, I can not be killed by my own spells, but it still had a terrible effect on me, I am not able to continue on further, let me rest, you go on ahead!”

The dragons pushed on forward, led by Garrosh. They passed a barren plain full of dark creatures that seethed and drew in all life and positivity from the surroundings, yet ignored them. “Servants of Y’Shaarj, he died once you know, and released the Seven Sha into the world; Doubt, Despair, Fear, Hatred, Anger, Violence and Pride. Too bad he missed out on Envy, would’ve made everything better.”

They proceeded into a room where a massive titan stood. It was named Norushen. After seeing Garrosh, he roared in anger, but Garrosh summoned the Amalgam of Corruption to fight for them, yet Norushen summoned Rook, He and Sun of the Golden lotus to defend him. However, they had the might of Y’Shaarj backing them and the Sha of Pride appeared, it destroyed them easily, and cursed Rook, He and Sun, making them relive their past mistakes over and over again, and they turned on Norushen, the titan was killed.

Within the next room was a pulsating heart, the Heart of Y’shaarj, yet from it came a dark wraith-like figure of claws and pincers and teeth. It had a great eye above it and it scuttled like an insect on four ghostly pincers. It was the Essence of Y’Shaarj, the most powerful embodiment of the sha and it greeted its brothers, C’thun and Yogg Saron, and left with them.

They went back past the plain full of Sha and Y’shaarj absorbed them, his body becoming more material with each step. They swept through the Pools where Immerseus had once again reformed, but he was weak and became corrupted by the power of the Core Essences.

Here they met the Wildcard who had recovered and made their way back out into the Vale. The army was decimated but they seemed to all be covering the entrance to the Pools. Thanatos leapt out and charged through those guarding the gates. They was a great explosion and they were sent away, disorientated. Out of the thousand that had been milling around when they’d arrived in the Vale, only half a hundred were left, of which only a fifth were guardian the entrance to the pools. Easy pickings.

Xin roared in anger, “YOU! You are the ones responsible for unleashing the Horseman on us and killing my only true friends. Shek’zeer and Zhu now give me their power from the Spirit-realm to aid me in my goal. Which is to destroy you!”

Xin glowed with an unbeatable light, it shone and dazzled the group and when it faded, Xin was a giant. He was giant and spectral with four arms, each holding a massive weapon. Once had a polearm, another a sword, the third a greataxe and the fourth a shield. He created a great whirlpool that enveloped his whole army and sucked them into himself. His power grew and his starry form grew a deep red. He began attacking the group but Y’Shaarj stepped forward and created a glowing black skull in his hands. he pressed it into Xin’s chest where it replaced his heart, he quenched his heart and consumed it, taking his soul with it. The red was replaced with a deep black, with icy blue and blood red veins going through it. All anger was gone from the form and in its place was unquestioning obedience.

“What’s the point of killing an adversary, if, through the simple method of complete corruption, you can make him your lackey in a second. Only my most trusted allies are spared this, as I know that it hurts when someone says you don’t have a heart. It hurts even more when its true.” growled Y’Shaarj. Then he said, “One question, why are you all in your Core Forms, we are in ‘civilised’ society, take on your mortal visages. Come on, Yashraj would like to talk to Sara and Thulon.” With a small flash, Y’Shaarj became a young dark-skinned elven boy called Yashraj who was slightly transparent due to Y’Shaarj being dead. Yogg Saron’s mass of teeth and tentacles resolved into a savage looking young woman named Sara and C’thun became a sagely orc, with one purple eye and one normal eye, he also had thick black hair, and, surprisingly, a name tattooed into his right arm, it was his name, Thulon.

Then the Wildcard bestowed underwater breathing on them and they dove into the forbidding sea, at the bottom of which was Nazjatar, where N’zoth was.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:52:31 24/12/2014 by SpyroinDraenor
#57 Posted: 08:07:24 31/12/2014
How come whenever Hectappuss writes a chapter, SpyroinDraenor does one almost straight away but we always have to wait for Hectappuss' chapters? Oh, and could either of you read my story, its link is in my signature.
---
#58 Posted: 13:16:54 31/12/2014 | Topic Creator
Well, he's busier than me, and also I check the topic a lot more often. It's one of the downsides of doing a co-op because you never know when they're going to post and sometimes it might throw you slightly, but its benefits are more because its hard to run out of ideas because they're post will always throw in at least one thing you don't expect, which you can either build upon or just explain away, yet they'll always get new ideas flowing. Also, you get a feel for the style and your partner will do things that you'll notice and do in your own chapters and vice versa, meaning that you become better and create a better reading experience for you readers.

And sure, I'll read your story. smilie
#59 Posted: 10:12:48 01/01/2015
Thanks for the feedback you gave me, it was really deep and helpful smilie
---
#60 Posted: 17:01:14 01/01/2015 | Topic Creator
Well, you're welcome. smilie
#61 Posted: 07:01:22 17/02/2015 | Topic Creator
Chapter 36

it was at this moment, that Spyro knew, they'd messed up. C'thun spluttered in his rage, "I demand you bring us to see N'zoth now!" yet Xavius just laughed, "The master does not reside within the nightmare, the nightmare resides within him.."

Y'Shaarj ripped open his chest and out poured his true form, his voice suddenly deeper he growled, "We are the Core Essences, and we are going to see our brother. Take us to him, or die!" Xavius took some steps back, but then rallied, "This is not your realm, in the nightmare, N'zoth has power over all beings, as do his servants, giving me power over you!" With that last shout, thousands of hands reared out of the mists around the dragons' feet trying to drag them under the mists, trying to corrupt them.

The dragons took off into the sky, all except Skourodrakos, who attempted to burrow under the ground, it was the biggest mistake he'd ever made, the hands came over him, enveloping him on all sides, and Skourodrakos disappeared. The corrupted Xin remained on the ground, spinning his axe round and round. Yet it didn't faze the hands, and eventually he, too, fell under the grip.

The group ran and ran. As they were running, Garrosh fell too, but they couldn't stop. Eventually they came to a clearing with a small tree overshadowed by a larger tree. Yogg'saron cut the tree in half and out came... Malfurion Stormrage.

The man had purple skin and long blueish ears, this was because he was not a man at all, but an elf, a night elf to be precise. The night elf held up a long purple crystal and around him were the shining forms of green dragons, slowly becoming tangible. Malfurion mounted one. They all flew towards the centre of the Emerald Nightmare, where there was a great dragon in a misty sphere, holding back the dark and poisonous fog from touching her. A shadow spread from under her, pushing back the fog with a wave of darkness, and up rose Skourodrakos with Xin and Garrosh by his side, another dragon was there as well, Eranikus, who had surfaced with Skourodrakos. Combining the powers of the group, Malfurion, Ysera and Eranikus, a great wave of shining light blasted out, pushing all of the Nightmare into the Rift of Aln.

Leaving behind Malfurion, Ysera and Eranikus, the group pressed on towards the Rift of Aln, where the found Xavius kneeling before it. "Up fool! Your power has been overthrown, and now we overpower you, so this is your last chance, take us to N'zoth, or die!"

Xavius cast a spell and they all plunged through into the Rift. Plunging faster than any bullet, they came to Nazjatar and went straight for the throne room in the centre. Queen Azshara was sitting there, in the middle of the throne. She looked at them all, "Why do you enter Nazjatar, domain of the Naga?" Garrosh knelt before her and spoke, "Great queen, we request an audience with N'zoth."

She nodded and the great doors, previously invisible, opened at the back of the room, and through there was N'zoth.
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me